User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Nov 2015, 07:03   #151
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough
Re: R64 predictions

Work your bot Wouter. Who's to say which are the in tag and out of tag ones. Replaced carDi quick. In case you forgot

.spam ult

Then:

.spam fightclub
.spam howl
.spam face

Yw for bot commands 101
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 07:48   #152
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Work your bot Wouter. Who's to say which are the in tag and out of tag ones. Replaced carDi quick. In case you forgot

.spam ult

Then:

.spam fightclub
.spam howl
.spam face

Yw for bot commands 101
Ultores (History), list of 64 members in intel (60 in tag)

Wiht 2 being scanners and the other two are 400k value (hi BASS) and 1,2mil value!

So yes a lot out of tag score!
They also hold a total of 755 roids!

And as for fightclub, p3nguins is the only ally that really attacks with co and all they do is fc co so...
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 09:38   #153
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr View Post
And as for fightclub, p3nguins is the only ally that really attacks with co and all they do is fc co so...
untrue, they have done ordinary lolwaves too, though not near so much as the fleetcatches.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 10:36   #154
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:

.spam ult

Then:

.spam fightclub
.spam howl
.spam face

Yw for bot commands 101
You just named 3 tags when you are shouting out of tag. You have shown me how smart you are and I am totally impressed.

Anyway since you seem to have decided to "forget" what happened earlier in the round I will refresh your memory. P3nguins targetted Ult together with Terra, Newdawn and Conspiracy. So that makes those 3 tags your "out of tag" planets?
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 12:25   #155
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

I do in fact probably have more intelligence than you. Seeing as I don't dedicate my life to this game full of bots and cheats. But whatever you need for personal satisfaction.

And lol at Hunter. What Londo said applies.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 13:50   #156
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Quote:
I do in fact probably have more intelligence than you. Seeing as I don't dedicate my life to this game full of bots and cheats. But whatever you need for personal satisfaction.

So you don't dedicate your life to this game of bots and cheats.. yet you come to the forum of that game trying to win an argument. You might be more intelligent but if you compare it IQ wise you are still lower than a baboon yourself. Pls leave, ty.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 14:33   #157
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, you're so intelligent they probably drive you to school with the special bus with all the other special children

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 15:48   #158
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:

Definition of intelligence: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

You have shown in this topic alone that you have neither. Which clearly shows me again how smart you are. You might be native english but you don't understand the words you use.

In any case with your blissful ignorance you forgot to answer my question about: Terra, Newdawn and Conspiracy. Are those your "out of tag" planets.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 16:51   #159
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
So you don't dedicate your life to this game of bots and cheats.. yet you come to the forum of that game trying to win an argument. You might be more intelligent but if you compare it IQ wise you are still lower than a baboon yourself. Pls leave, ty.
Argument? What argument? There is no argument. Clever chap clearly. I pop on for 5 minutes at a time to send ships and laugh at people.

It's just funny that a "great" ally like Ults, full of full time players still hasn't finished the job despite having odds heavily in their favour vs. a recreational ally.

Oh and Wouter, when those allies hit you it was so half hearted. We were the only ones p targeting you. I believe you had far more sustained incoming when the block of Asg, BF and CT hit you
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 17:12   #160
Wouter

Quote:
Argument? What argument? There is no argument. Clever chap clearly. I pop on for 5 minutes at a time to send ships and laugh at people.

It's just funny that a "great" ally like Ults, full of full time players still hasn't finished the job despite having odds heavily in their favour vs. a recreational ally.

Oh and Wouter, when those allies hit you it was so half hearted. We were the only ones p targeting you. I believe you had far more sustained incoming when the block of Asg, BF and CT hit you
Firstly about your reply to Cain, you pop on for 5 minutes and get laughed at. If in your own world you laugh at people, good for you boy.

Secondly not on a single day this round have you received more incoming than ult did on their worst day(s). Full time pa players? Are you really that moronic?

Thirdly only 1 alliance ptargetted you beside Ult and that was Faceless, an alliance you started ptargetting for no reason at all. So acting like p3nguins got it worse is stupid.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 17:17   #161
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Quote:

Would be fantastic if you just stop whining before i burst out in tears. Ultores is also a crap alliance, just less crap than the others. If you pop on for 5 mins you are a mongol yourself sir. "Normal" people don't do that or enjoy it.

When you have a casual alliance like ult vs 7 other casual alliance but with shitty players like you then it's not possible to finish anything since the combined income of those alliances is still more.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 17:23   #162
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

You're all idiots arguing about an antiquated online game.

Congrats on the win Ult seems you've scared &^&*less CT, BF, & anyone else that might have a chance of bringing this round close.
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 17:38   #163
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
You're all idiots arguing about an antiquated online game.

Congrats on the win Ult seems you've scared &^&*less CT, BF, & anyone else that might have a chance of bringing this round close.
This round was brought close by Ult, if p3ng wants to go hit the likes of HR/ND/BowS/FL/Åsgard instead of bringing the fight to Ult, then by all means

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 18:02   #164
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Thirdly only 1 alliance ptargetted you beside Ult and that was Faceless, an alliance you started ptargetting for no reason at all. So acting like p3nguins got it worse is stupid.
Our ingame intel is somewhat poor but from it it seems like HR have been as active as fighting us as Faceless;
The 37 we have in intel as HR for add up to 423 incs on us
That is very similar per member as the 526 Faceless incs split between 47 members in intel.
Certainly this gives no account of when incs were so the HR ones may be more spread - we certainly hit them alot so might expect retals, but it is also the case that FL p-targetted us early in the round as well which should push their numbers up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
This round was brought close by Ult, if p3ng wants to go hit the likes of HR/ND/BowS/FL/Åsgard instead of bringing the fight to Ult, then by all means
This is already happening, we have not hit Ult for a couple of days.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 23 Nov 2015 at 18:09. Reason: added reply to BB
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 18:18   #165
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post

This is already happening, we have not hit Ult for a couple of days.
Sounds to me like you expect other allies to be fronting the war for you.
Surely mid-tier allies like p3ng cant fight allies like Ult alone, but if you would ever desire to win, you should be the ones leading the charge instead of trying to get other allies to do the work for you.

Unread 23 Nov 2015, 19:04   #166
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sounds to me like you expect other allies to be fronting the war for you.
Surely mid-tier allies like p3ng cant fight allies like Ult alone, but if you would ever desire to win, you should be the ones leading the charge instead of trying to get other allies to do the work for you.
Right its nice to see you again Butcher. However may I ask you a question. You declare p3nguins as a 'mid-tier alliance' based on what exactly? You do realise p3nguins have actually won 2 rounds (and they were back to back) and when p3nguins doesn't play for allie win it usually has top planets in the top 100 while being half the tag size of every other alliance. Here are the links to p3nguins round wins just in case you forgot:

http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=3&round=58
http://www.planetarion.com/files/cin..._alliances.htm

Now as you can see in round 59 p3nguins did in fact not only win, but quite comfortably with a 27mil lead. So.. how many rounds has Rainbows won? How many top 3 finishes has Rainbows had? Maybe we need to explain to you what a 'mid-tier' alliance is. Pretty sure Ult did play both of those rounds as different tag names also btw, but apparently wasn't playing 'hardcore'.

Anyway now to go back to your original point, how can p3nguins take on Ult when we are been hit by Ult, Faceless, Hr and Rainbows? Even Ult was grounding when they were been hit by blocks this round... So skill has nothing to do with being out numbered and seeing the logic of looking for help, didn't realise I needed to point out simple math to you. So why not try and hit the weaker members of the block to gain easier roids back? Seems easily enough to grasp to me.

Now I have said this before and I will say it again on these forums, I am not making excuses nor am I making out p3nguins could take Ultores on one on one. However, Ultores also has officers/command staff who, from what I've been told, don't have such hectic real lives so can sit on the computer more then 12 hours a day/night. Does this make you more skilful? You could argue it doesn't just means you have more time on your hands to apparently be 'hardcore' and dedicate to a txt based game. As we have seen before the Ult tag has played rounds where they tell us they are playing 'chilled' so therefore just means its the same players just less time. But anyway im going of topic here. Just wanted to point out once again your post makes 0 sense.

Quote:
With reply to this actually no we didn't just think one day 'lets go hit Faceless' we had an agreement with Faceless which they chose to end. We then knew they had gone to you and we were going to be hit by them. So instead of waiting for the inevitable yes we hit them. This meant you had to get involved because? I didn't realise an alliance which was sitting at third place on the same member count couldn't handle hitting us back alone. Personally I see that as a weakness on Faceless part.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Willzzz; 23 Nov 2015 at 19:09.
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 19:12   #167
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
However, Ultores also has officers/command staff who, from what I've been told, don't have such hectic real lives so can sit on the computer more then 12 hours a day/night. Does this make you more skilful? You could argue it doesn't just means you have more time on your hands to apparently be 'hardcore' and dedicate to a txt based game. As we have seen before the Ult tag has played rounds where they tell us they are playing 'chilled' so therefore just means its the same players just less time. But anyway im going of topic here. Just wanted to point out once again your post makes 0 sense.
What have you been told now? Everyone in Ult command either works or studies full time
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 19:27   #168
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
you should be the ones leading the charge instead of trying to get other allies to do the work for you.
P3n would love to lead, but since no one will follow, that leads to nowhere!
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 19:38   #169
Wouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz View Post
With reply to this actually no we didn't just think one day 'lets go hit Faceless' we had an agreement with Faceless which they chose to end. We then knew they had gone to you and we were going to be hit by them. So instead of waiting for the inevitable yes we hit them. This meant you had to get involved because? I didn't realise an alliance which was sitting at third place on the same member count couldn't handle hitting us back alone. Personally I see that as a weakness on Faceless part.
Mate, I wont make your politics public here. Speak to munkee about what really happened between Faceless and P3nguins. Also about the deal between Ultores and P3nguins.

On a side note, P3nguins didnt go in alone on Faceless either.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 19:51   #170
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Right its nice to see you again Butcher. However may I ask you a question. You declare p3nguins as a 'mid-tier alliance' based on what exactly? You do realise p3nguins have actually won 2 rounds (and they were back to back) and when p3nguins doesn't play for allie win it usually has top planets in the top 100 while being half the tag size of every other alliance. Here are the links to p3nguins round wins just in case you forgot:

http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=3&round=58
http://www.planetarion.com/files/cin..._alliances.htm

Now as you can see in round 59 p3nguins did in fact not only win, but quite comfortably with a 27mil lead. So.. how many rounds has Rainbows won? How many top 3 finishes has Rainbows had? Maybe we need to explain to you what a 'mid-tier' alliance is. Pretty sure Ult did play both of those rounds as different tag names also btw, but apparently wasn't playing 'hardcore'.

Anyway now to go back to your original point, how can p3nguins take on Ult when we are been hit by Ult, Faceless, Hr and Rainbows? Even Ult was grounding when they were been hit by blocks this round... So skill has nothing to do with being out numbered and seeing the logic of looking for help, didn't realise I needed to point out simple math to you. So why not try and hit the weaker members of the block to gain easier roids back? Seems easily enough to grasp to me.

Now I have said this before and I will say it again on these forums, I am not making excuses nor am I making out p3nguins could take Ultores on one on one. However, Ultores also has officers/command staff who, from what I've been told, don't have such hectic real lives so can sit on the computer more then 12 hours a day/night. Does this make you more skilful? You could argue it doesn't just means you have more time on your hands to apparently be 'hardcore' and dedicate to a txt based game. As we have seen before the Ult tag has played rounds where they tell us they are playing 'chilled' so therefore just means its the same players just less time. But anyway im going of topic here. Just wanted to point out once again your post makes 0 sense.

Yeah i love your big egos, hence why i baited out such a response by you.

Krypton said allready that you are a "recreational" allie or what ever, is he wrong?
ND has won rounds aswell, i dont thin you would put them in the same cathegory as Ult? Same goes for CT for that matter.

If Ult is top tier, do you place yourself in the same tier?

R59 P3ng had a recall percentage of 47.05 %
R58 52.17 %

How many rounds back would you go back to find a winner with "this bad defence"(i dare you to check)?
Its just statestics, but, you dont think it matters at all?

Unread 23 Nov 2015, 20:14   #171
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
How many rounds back would you go back to find a winner with "this bad defence"(i dare you to check)?
As much as I dont like the poor defence stuff (being a defencive player) you are being very narrow minded when you think of it as being entirely a problem. There has to be more than one way to win; p3n beats people through attacking activity not defence. Thus in the rounds p3n has won it did it by sending more attacks.

You are however absolutely correct; p3n def sux bad. P3n has no dcs, and there have always been nights where almost 0 defence gets sent because of that. This is probably why Krypton says it is a casual alliance.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 20:34   #172
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Now I have said this before and I will say it again on these forums, I am not making excuses nor am I making out p3nguins could take Ultores on one on one. However, Ultores also has officers/command staff who, from what I've been told, don't have such hectic real lives so can sit on the computer more then 12 hours a day/night. Does this make you more skilful? You could argue it doesn't just means you have more time on your hands to apparently be 'hardcore' and dedicate to a txt based game. As we have seen before the Ult tag has played rounds where they tell us they are playing 'chilled' so therefore just means its the same players just less time.
The amount of pure skill involved in this game is fairly minimal. Very quickly, once you've got a hang of the basics, it's all about dedication. Calling it 'hardcore', in quotes, referring to PA as a 'text based game', as if that has any relevance, are sad attempts by sore losers to denigrate the (probable) winners.

Quote:
Alliances in a block help each other not from the goodness of their hearts, but for perfectly rational self-interest. Ultores gains nothing by abandoning Faceless in their time of need, even if Faceless could take you on their own. In fact, by helping them, they demotivate your members, stunt your growth and keep Faceless friendly. They should be thanking you, really.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 20:46   #173
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
As much as I dont like the poor defence stuff (being a defencive player) you are being very narrow minded when you think of it as being entirely a problem. There has to be more than one way to win; p3n beats people through attacking activity not defence. Thus in the rounds p3n has won it did it by sending more attacks.

You are however absolutely correct; p3n def sux bad. P3n has no dcs, and there have always been nights where almost 0 defence gets sent because of that. This is probably why Krypton says it is a casual alliance.
You live in a fairytale world if you belive not being able to defend will make you better than the next allie.
If you can control politics in that way you dont get incs, or that the incs you get is not putting you below the growth of the next alliance that actual has good defnece, you might be lucky to win a round or two.
This is the truth of p3nguins from "my view", that Assman rates you up with the top tier allies is beyond me.

Unread 23 Nov 2015, 21:19   #174
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You live in a fairytale world if you belive not being able to defend will make you better than the next allie.
I am sorry, where exactly did I say that p3n is better than any other ally? (besides we all know I think Asc is better not p3n )
Quote:
If you can control politics in that way you dont get incs, or that the incs you get is not putting you below the growth of the next alliance that actual has good defnece, you might be lucky to win a round or two.
No one can control politics so they never get incs so this is a pretty silly criteria.
And if we consider it in a lesser sense of only occasionally overwhelmed then that happens to ult too.

Our destruction was pretty catastrophic but ult would have been losing roids (not so fast) under the same incs. Here is where ours and ults strategies are totally different. Ult's strategy is to minimise the loss and curl up into a ball. It makes for long grinding wars. Against the 270 odd incs we were getting they would be losing 5% or a bit more per day rather than our colossal 20%+. However that does not mean it is always the better way of doing things. Normally alliances dont like targeting thin targets so the amounts of incs reduce, and so we have seen with p3n, we are now so thin that even with 80-100 incs we are in positive despite our dire def.
This in itself is not enough though. The second part of the strategy is that others will see the (now)#2 ally being crushed and be willing to block against the new superpower just as they a few days before blocked against the old #1. This unfortunately has not happened in this case. Gamble lost.

In a broader sense you are just not thinking about how offense can be defence. Sure we lose lots of roids but we take plenty too. There are regularly days were lots of p3ns get landed on but p3n is still in green due to landing lots. That has the same outcome as you seem to be considering a 'good defence'. I will accept that it is not as reliable as having an actual defence though!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 22:00   #175
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Stuff BB said bout useless def...
From launches page with 10 days to go we have launched 2,615 defences.
Last round Bows def 2,554.

I accept the launches page and ultimate stats are different due to ingal def, but this does put our def in context no?
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 23:03   #176
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
This is the truth of p3nguins from "my view", that Assman rates you up with the top tier allies is beyond me.
I hate to be the one to say this, but...If Bows was ever a valid contender for #1, you might actually understand that, especially with politics being such a key part of this game, recall percentages are nothing more than a useless figure most of the time, which is more likely used by the losers to bolster their claims as to why they should have won.

Case in point, the round that Spore won, most incs were covered for the first 5 weeks. Great recall percentage. But that was cause we really didn't have much, thanks to politics. Than the last 2 weeks we averaged 200 - 300 inc a day, and focused solely on covering the 50-80 coming from the #2 ally, thus allowing 60-75% of the incs to land and bleed roids to non contenders. Thus our "recall percentage" would have been crap by rounds end. I've seen Ult do this as well.

It's a valid end game strat to bleed roids to non contenders while focusing on keeping #2 at #2 or not too far ahead at #1. Maybe if Bows was ever in that position you'd understand.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 23:15   #177
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

It appears that the alliance which likes attacking with co still has some fun left. I presume it's not saw as stupid now... Party at Agar3s planet.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 23:22   #178
Krypton
KK

Going co was such a ridiculous strat. A Mid tier alliance cant even roid a full time pa player with co this round.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 00:09   #179
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
It appears that the alliance which likes attacking with co still has some fun left. I presume it's not saw as stupid now... Party at Agar3s planet.
I suppose we should take it as a compliment that people take pride in landing attacks on us

Still didn't reply to my earlier post btw!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 00:47   #180
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
I suppose we should take it as a compliment that people take pride in landing attacks on us

Still didn't reply to my earlier post btw!
Ah sorry I didn't see you had replied to me. I saw the usual drivel from butcher and stopped reading. Just the usual stuff apparently there is a rumour flying around 2 of your command staff only work part time so are able to be on PA. Of course some people also think butcher is intelligent so...I don't always beleive everything.

By the way butcher your correct our defence does indeed suck. However, we also don't have dedicated DCs/officers. We have open tools and encourage members to step up. However we also show how strong we are in attacks every round. Plus, if we go by statistics we also had the most incoming (if I'm not mistaken) out of all the alliances during both rounds we won. So even, as you put it, having the worst defensive record we still managed to win the one round by 27mil score. I'd see that as ok.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 01:08   #181
Wouter

Quote:
Who ever stated going CO was stupid? Everyone knew CO was strong this round. For a CO alliance to use DE as anti CR/BS was a pretty stupid call and I think you would have had far less trouble stopping Ults CR/BS with CR/BS. Also takes alot less effort to fake.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 01:16   #182
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Who ever stated going CO was stupid? Everyone knew CO was strong this round. For a CO alliance to use DE as anti CR/BS was a pretty stupid call and I think you would have had far less trouble stopping Ults CR/BS with CR/BS. Also takes alot less effort to fake.
i belive he's referring to me and taken what I said out of context...
what I said was
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzidane View Post
actually the main reason fightclub/heroes keeps trying to FC you is cause p3n are the only retards still attacking with mostly co so yeah its easy pickings.
I was referring to the whining about fightclub sending so many FCs at p3n due to them being the only ones still attacking with CO mostly not that CO was a retard tactic
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 01:24   #183
Krypton
KK

Quote:
lol no. Just no.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 01:25   #184
Krypton
KK

Quote:
i belive he's referring to me and taken what I said out of context...
what I said was

I was referring to the whining about fightclub sending so many FCs at p3n due to them being the only ones still attacking with CO mostly not that CO was a retard tactic
You know, before you call other people retards, you should really look at the way you conduct yourself.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 01:46   #185
Wouter

Quote:
lol no. Just no.
You have previously shown that you are clueless about this game. So please while the grownups talk. Keep quiet.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 02:24   #186
Krypton
KK

lol. Keep insulting, because you have nothing. You are nothing.

An ally with no dc team and no activity and you are still struggling vs them. What do you really know? Ignorance is bliss. Only reason we are where we are is because we have the best strategy.

Ty for roids.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 03:02   #187
Wouter

Quote:
lol. Keep insulting, because you have nothing. You are nothing.

An ally with no dc team and no activity and you are still struggling vs them. What do you really know? Ignorance is bliss. Only reason we are where we are is because we have the best strategy.

Ty for roids.
Hmmm I stated that your defships are poor and they are. I never said CO was a bad choice. But if people solo roid you every day your defships could have been better.

You guys have nighttime activity too, just not 2 people who work at night and can be bothered to spend time organising defence. You seem very jealous about other people having time to spend on PA.

You are were you are cause of politics, it has nothing to do with strat. If peng got blocked twice like Ult did you wouldnt have roids.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 03:09   #188
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
From launches page with 10 days to go we have launched 2,615 defences.
Last round Bows def 2,554.

I accept the launches page and ultimate stats are different due to ingal def, but this does put our def in context no?
Yeah it does. Mid tier.
Nothing wrong with being mid tier.

Unread 24 Nov 2015, 03:13   #189
Krypton
KK

They solo roid us because we let them. We have fun and real lives. It's not about the def ships we build. It's because we as a unit value sleep. We can choose to ground, but we don't because we like attacking.

And you are completely wrong on the latter. From the very start of round we were getting 100 incs a night. It only died down when every one hit Ult. Problem is, when you aren't involved directly in an ally, you as an outsider, can make judgements, completely false judgements.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 05:21   #190
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
They solo roid us because we let them. We have fun and real lives.
Ah, finaly the answer why p3ng get roided, because you allow it

Unread 24 Nov 2015, 05:41   #191
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Now, I could be wrong here (I doubt it, but it's possible) but you haven't actually looked at the stats, have you? Or attacked p3ng with Cr or Bs, have you? To effectively stop CR and BS using CR and BS would either require single ship building def whores, which is a bad strat, or forcing def whores to have 2 diff eta's of def ships, which is really inefficient, and again requires fr or de which you claim is "stupid". However, if you direct your attention to the xan race, you'll notice that bolts are fr, and ghosts are de, both the same eta (good for combo waves) and ofc, both cloaked (great for faking) and I can tell you from experience, that I have laughed a lot watching 3 and 4 man cr teamups recall from my bolts, and 2 and 3 man teamups recall from my ghosts.

See, the only thing stopping my bolts are roaches, which unfortunately hit de first. So unless you know my ghosts are not there flaking my bolts, you're looking at needing 2 or 3 cr fleets just to start freezing my bolts. And zik cr? They cannot even attempt to solo vs bolt def, its pointless, which means teamups are required, and as long as I have enough bolts ro get through the roaches, im stopping 2 planets.

Ghosts are another fun one. Unless the ter drags along enough brokers, they are sitting ducks as long as my ghosts kill enough to make landing unprofitable. And even now, whole fleets devoted to brokers are required to stop even a couple def planets fleets, or a few small locusts fleets and 1 def whore fleet.

Did I mention that both bolts and ghosts shoot before everything they target except for emp? So either you freeze enough, or you recall.

It wasn't a stupid call, however In my opinion, more should have been encouraged to build flak fleets earlier. Having DCs to organize def better would also make it more efficient, although being a xan myself, I can usually just look at the def screen, cover 3 planets, and go back to whatever I was doing with limited calcing or getting more fleets. It really is that easy for xans to cover cr/bs this round.

Saver of Sad

Unread 24 Nov 2015, 05:44   #192
Recluse

Quote:
Ah, finaly the answer why p3ng get roided, because you allow it
You apparently missed my earlier post about alliances letting themselves get roided. I get it, you've never had that luxury, but ask others who have been in the situation, the tactic does work.

Saver of Sad

Unread 24 Nov 2015, 08:39   #193
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Yeah it does. Mid tier.
Oh so mid teir is everyone with a full tag but not ult basically?
In which case why not just say that there is only ever one super ally at a time, atm is ult, in the past it has been eXi, Asc or App. Two really top drawer alliances fighting it out is pretty rare.
No p3n is claiming to be on a level with ult. Just that we aint bows!

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 24 Nov 2015 at 08:46.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 09:30   #194
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
Yeah it does. Mid tier.
So by your own definition based on stats alone the universe should be split like this:

Top Tier: Ultores

Mid Tier: p3nguins, BF, conspiracy, Faceless

Low Tier: Rainbows, Terra, Hr, Newdawn (now), fightclub, cobra etc.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 09:50   #195
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
Of course I was referring to this. How can you really take that out of context? You referred to us as retards because we still attacked with co. If it was to do with the FCs then surely the wording would of been more around the lines of "well of course they are going to FC you, you attack with co and they FC co, retards" see the diference? Anyway it's nice to see we are still enjoying ourselves with over a week left to go. Wonder who we can land on next with mass co.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 09:58   #196
Wouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
Now, I could be wrong here (I doubt it, but it's possible) but you haven't actually looked at the stats, have you? Or attacked p3ng with Cr or Bs, have you? To effectively stop CR and BS using CR and BS would either require single ship building def whores, which is a bad strat, or forcing def whores to have 2 diff eta's of def ships, which is really inefficient, and again requires fr or de which you claim is "stupid". However, if you direct your attention to the xan race, you'll notice that bolts are fr, and ghosts are de, both the same eta (good for combo waves) and ofc, both cloaked (great for faking) and I can tell you from experience, that I have laughed a lot watching 3 and 4 man cr teamups recall from my bolts, and 2 and 3 man teamups recall from my ghosts.

See, the only thing stopping my bolts are roaches, which unfortunately hit de first. So unless you know my ghosts are not there flaking my bolts, you're looking at needing 2 or 3 cr fleets just to start freezing my bolts. And zik cr? They cannot even attempt to solo vs bolt def, its pointless, which means teamups are required, and as long as I have enough bolts ro get through the roaches, im stopping 2 planets.

Ghosts are another fun one. Unless the ter drags along enough brokers, they are sitting ducks as long as my ghosts kill enough to make landing unprofitable. And even now, whole fleets devoted to brokers are required to stop even a couple def planets fleets, or a few small locusts fleets and 1 def whore fleet.

Did I mention that both bolts and ghosts shoot before everything they target except for emp? So either you freeze enough, or you recall.

It wasn't a stupid call, however In my opinion, more should have been encouraged to build flak fleets earlier. Having DCs to organize def better would also make it more efficient, although being a xan myself, I can usually just look at the def screen, cover 3 planets, and go back to whatever I was doing with limited calcing or getting more fleets. It really is that easy for xans to cover cr/bs this round.
Not really, Ult has FR defwhores aswell and you didnt take 1 thing into account. People can just prod 1 shipclass to hit you and it will be very efficient. For defwhores could have been way more effective if the attackers had to prod more of something else. I can tell you that 300k bolts would need quite some 60k roach in any case. By allowing the value to be in roach only your efficiency became less good. If the enemy sees FR and BS as anti CR, you force them to build anti FR/DE and anti BS. Same for BS fleets having to build anti CR and anti DE.

So no flack didnt account to much. Nearly every defcall relies for 70% on xan defence or is using 4-5 fleets that wouldnt have been needed. If that same value was in BS or CR.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 10:02   #197
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Possibly, but due to this being a dynamic game do you not think that if we did there would be much more cr/bs class anti cr/bs flying around? we would be back to a similar position. Given our relative (to yours) inactivity the extra tick is mighty useful.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 10:11   #198
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Possibly, but due to this being a dynamic game do you not think that if we did there would be much more cr/bs class anti cr/bs flying around? we would be back to a similar position. Given our relative (to yours) inactivity the extra tick is mighty useful.
The emphasis on anti-FR/DE type CR/BS that prevails atm also presumably relies on the current political stitch up whereby the CR/BS allies have few incs from CR/BS allies.

But anyway we are Cat/Zik, quite simply Locust/clipper flack each other as well as the xan def ships.
Against BS going Mara/Tara is fine but against CR we would be reliant on the particularly bad pirate, prefired even by other ziks.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 10:15   #199
Wouter

Quote:
They solo roid us because we let them. We have fun and real lives. It's not about the def ships we build. It's because we as a unit value sleep. We can choose to ground, but we don't because we like attacking.

And you are completely wrong on the latter. From the very start of round we were getting 100 incs a night. It only died down when every one hit Ult. Problem is, when you aren't involved directly in an ally, you as an outsider, can make judgements, completely false judgements.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Yep thats what I did aswell, I let you guys roid me.

100 incs a night from the start you say, untill Ult got hit. That should be near 1700 incs before tick 400. You had deals with 4-5 allies during most of it. Yet the ones you didnt have deals with you, after targetting you for days, still havent reached 700. Atleast be honest about your incoming.
Also your co members are directly involved no? You are naive and assume my opinions are based solely on what I have seen.

I ve been calling you dumb this whole topic cause you have no clue about anything. Yet now you think I am. Its ok though, I have just remembered who you are. You were the one that started threatening me after I didnt let you join Ult. Guess you are still bitter.
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 10:27   #200
Wouter

Quote:
The emphasis on anti-FR/DE type CR/BS that prevails atm also presumably relies on the current political stitch up whereby the CR/BS allies have few incs from CR/BS allies.

But anyway we are Cat/Zik, quite simply Locust/clipper flack each other as well as the xan def ships.
Against BS going Mara/Tara is fine but against CR we would be reliant on the particularly bad pirate, prefired even by other ziks.
Pirates are quite good, clippers/locust get out inited by cr/bs too. You have a valid point that pirates alone wouldnt be as effective either. Though some incs would be easier to cover with BS while others would be easier to cover with FR.
Lets be honest in most cases a 250-300k bolt fleets stops the CR wave anyway. I have DC'd alot of incs and against CR i nearly never needed more than 1 xan fr fleet (sometimes some ETD flack if XP was involved).