User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 May 2010, 09:26   #1
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Changing salvage formula in the single targeting round

I hope Appocomaster remember a few points i made to him in PM regarding round 35 and its single targeting.

I was sitting on half a million Ghosts, which was xans only anti FR. The universe was loaded with FR attackfleets, and every single planet in the universe, regardless how small they were, would inflict me a large valueloss even if i killed 100%. The only solution to this is to change the salvage so one can kill 100% of the attackers ships without taking heavy losses. In many cases this will have a downside, because obviously if you lose 5 million value and kill 2 million, you should lose on it. Therefore i think the Salvage formula needs the following changes:

- Increased salvage from Attacking ships or defending ships to make attacking/defending more balanced. I suggest 30/40 *

- Capped salvage. Defenders can gain value on defence, but only to a certain % of total defending value. If this was 5%, 2 million value defending can only gain 100k. This will effectively reduce the hilarious advantage ziks have in defense, where they get salvage for both stolen ships and ships lost to steal it. *

- Dead value can not gain salvage. Any ship participating in the defence, can only gain salvage on the ships it actually fire on. If 3mill fi/co value shoots down 1 pod, while the 2mill cr/bs does the killing, the fi/co will only gain 30% of whatever the pod cost.

- Planet score should play no part in the salvage formula. **

Give everyone the option to kill their attackers solo, but at the same time dont allow them to make hilarious valuegains on it.

Edit: * Salvage formula was halfed after round 30, where it was 30/40. With 30/40 it will be easier to reach the limit in capped salvage, and impossible to repeat the hilarious valuegains in round 30, which was the initial reason for making it 15/20 in round 31.

edit: ** In a round of single targeting, selfcovering is impossible. This is due to score playing a large part in the salvage formula.

Last edited by HaNzI; 2 May 2010 at 15:40.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 15:12   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Changing salvage formula in the single targeting round

It's worth pointing out that value doesn't actually play any part in the salvage formula, it's just score.
Unread 2 May 2010, 15:40   #3
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
It's worth pointing out that value doesn't actually play any part in the salvage formula, it's just score.
fixed
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 20:40   #4
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
This will effectively reduce the hilarious advantage ziks have in defense, where they get salvage for both stolen ships and ships lost to steal it. *
I´m sure you meant the ziks gain both the stolen ships and the salvage for the suicided steal ships. There is no salvage for stolen ships, as they didn´t actually die.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2010, 14:46   #5
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Dead value can not gain salvage. Any ship participating in the defence, can only gain salvage on the ships it actually fire on. If 3mill fi/co value shoots down 1 pod, while the 2mill cr/bs does the killing, the fi/co will only gain 30% of whatever the pod cost.
How do you intend to factor in emp? If a cat takes losses it means they cant get any salvage. If you work it out on how much they emp then they will be gaining salvage on things that are not even killed.