User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Nov 2009, 19:10   #1
Montoya

Montoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy a Factory

Just a thought i had whilst in the bath (no im not providing photos of that!)

I know it would probably be insane to code but was thinking it could increase pa activity levels.

You start building a light factory for example, then after the first tick of its construction you have an option to complete the building.

This would cost 500k of each resource (Not exact amounts, just a rough idea)

You can still leave this running in the background if you desire.

But the levels of attacking should increase if the amount to build the construction was large enough as you couldnt do this on a tick by tick basis. (well maybe the larger planets could)

So in conclusion....

PA would get increased levels of activity as more people are attacking, everyones happy!

No?......

Shall i get the lighter ready for you to shoot me down in flames? Ok...
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2009, 22:34   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buy a Factory

Technically if we were to do that I'm sure we'd provide the flames ourselves.

No, this idea wouldn't increase activity at all, it would just mean some people would be in a position to abuse the system and others were left trailing.

It also wouldn't increase activity, as fleet travel times would stay the same and really that's all you're looking for a player to do - anything above that is bordering unhealthy. If people already have enough time to stare at their screens from eta 10 through to eta 1 then the chances are they wont need any extra encouragement.

This idea doesn't add anything to the game, and the people it's aimed at aren't the same as the people who'd be (ab)using it.
Unread 16 Nov 2009, 11:14   #3
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: Buy a Factory

I donīt really see the point in your suggestion. The startup bonus provides more than enough construction units to build some factories and produce ships. Before that, the 72 ticks protection guaranteed enough time to do the same.
Even worse, Iīd expect a change like this to make attacking even harder. Basically you could concentrate on mines and FCs, generate a large stockpile with very few factories and just stock up on the number of factories shortly if you expect/get incomings.
Also, as you pointed out, this would most likely favour large planets due to increased costs for speeding up constructions.

Iīm pretty sure you could have noticed these flaws yourself, so next time you get an idea in the bathroom, think it through while enjoying a coffee afterwards

(Hope this all didnīt sound like flaming, it certainly wasnīt intended to be a flame!)
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote