User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 22 Sep 2009, 15:33   #1
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Explanations of new closure rules by MHs, plz?

Can anyone explain to me how they work?
If I m at a m8s place who use a diff. browser than myself, and which only 1 other uses in PA, I will be closed? Do we have to tell the MHs that we are gonna use a different browser? Where is this written in the eula?

If I want someone closed, which I know use a weird browser which no one else uses, can I just DL it, login to my own account, and get myself AND him closed?
Cause thats rather awesome if so!

Bunch of fking idiots ruining PA. <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 15:40   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Explanations of new closure rules by MHs, plz?

Compulsive cheater who publically condones cheating complains about known cheater in heavily populated cheater gal getting closed for cheating.

Headline news: NOBODY CARES.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 15:51   #3
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I d like to hear from moderators how you can get away with calling someone a compulsive cheater, an din general telling outright lies.
If someone else had done the same, you would have been banned or atleast warned and post removed.
Lets hope the same happens now.
Feel free to try to justify your outright lies JBG.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 15:54   #4
NOV

NOV is an unknown quantity at this point

Well well, my main problem really is this: They never tell anyone except the closed planet why they closed him/her. Which sadly happened in my gal second time in a row when I am playing for real.
In both cases I did not understand the arguing to get my gal m8 closed, at least the way he discribed me the reason why he is closed (not even close to be a reason to be closed).
Well to JBG, prolly carDi has bad reputation, but if thats the problem they should NOT allow him to sign up and problem solved and defently not like he said something happened tick 15 and he is closed nearly to tick 600 what hurts the gal way more then clsoing him around the time the event occured.
Suggestion is that, that maybe the multihunters in the next round have a thread where they post why people are closed so everyone knows from them the reason.
NOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:24   #5
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I dont see this getting answered by PA-team as they pretty much do as they like, and they are not accountable to anyone.
That means, If someone gets closed, even if they are completely innocent, it doesnt mean they get reopened

Im tempted to download the same browser and use it to play PA with, so i can get closed too because im fed up with the way this game is run.

you NEED players you idiots, stop chasing them away.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:37   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I d like to hear from moderators how you can get away with calling someone a compulsive cheater, an din general telling outright lies.
I have no problem with lying on AD.

Quote:
I just gave Wishmaster a 4 month ban for his post. I hope we all learn something from this.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:39   #7
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

could you guys not have just done your whining on your galaxy forums because outside your gal no-one cares

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:41   #8
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Wishmaster,
It states on the ingame overview, which you see every time you login to the game, that if you are sharing a home/work connection with another player that you need to get an exception. It also explains where to go to get the exception.

Nov,
It has been discussed but no decisions have been made regarding the wall of shame idea.

HaNzI,
If you want closed all you have to do is ask and I will close your account for you.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:47   #9
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I have no problem with lying on AD.
This isnt AD.

Quote:
I just gave Wishmaster a 4 month ban for his post. I hope we all learn something from this.
DAMN MAN!

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:48   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
Wishmaster,
It states on the ingame overview, which you see every time you login to the game, that if you are sharing a home/work connection with another player that you need to get an exception. It also explains where to go to get the exception.
This isnt about sharing with someone else who play PA. Its about using different computers / browsers to login to your account. No one has said anything about someone else playing from the same IP....?
Read up woman.

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:49   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If someone else had done the same, you would have been banned or atleast warned and post removed.
Lets hope the same happens now.
You're right. I don't know if you've cheated that often. I'll retract that bit, you'll have to excuse my search for a cheap quip leading me to denigrate your honour wish
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:49   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
could you guys not have just done your whining on your galaxy forums because outside your gal no-one cares
really?
This has been discussed over and over in many different chans, my gal just being one of them.

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:53   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
This isnt AD.
You're right! Easy to get confused, sometimes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 16:55   #14
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
You're right. I don't know if you've cheated that often. I'll retract that bit, you'll have to excuse my search for a cheap quip leading me to denigrate your honour wish
I d like to think I m one of the few that have cheated the least in PA
I bp elviz to make sure he doesnt cheat! <3

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 17:05   #15
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV View Post
Well well, my main problem really is this: They never tell anyone except the closed planet why they closed him/her. Which sadly happened in my gal second time in a row when I am playing for real.
In both cases I did not understand the arguing to get my gal m8 closed, at least the way he discribed me the reason why he is closed (not even close to be a reason to be closed).
Right, our prisons are full of innocent people, don´t you know? I´ve hardly ever seen a cheater admitting his deeds before, of course a galmate who got closed is likely to tell you the same excuses he tried to talk himself out with. Actually, if you regularly experience galmates getting closed for cheating, you should consider playing with different people - in the end, you got the "usual suspects" in PA one should not and can not trust due to their history.

Quote:
Well to JBG, prolly carDi has bad reputation, but if thats the problem they should NOT allow him to sign up and problem solved and defently not like he said something happened tick 15 and he is closed nearly to tick 600 what hurts the gal way more then clsoing him around the time the event occured.
Suggestion is that, that maybe the multihunters in the next round have a thread where they post why people are closed so everyone knows from them the reason.
You don´t get such reputation without reason really. I´d guess most people who live with this reputation have been caught before. They earned it. Even though this reputation might lead to some bias amongst the prosecutors, it´s quite natural to have less doubt about fishy situations involving formerly proven cheaters than completely unknown players.

*EDIT*
Forgot something. Actually, I do sort of agree a few hundred ticks is quite long to actually get to a case, but I have no clue about the exact workload, tools etc of the MHs, so I can´t really judge it.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 17:16   #16
Wishmaster
LDK

This thread isnt about cardi cheating or not.
Its about incompetent MHs and lack of guidelines.

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 17:28   #17
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

If an account gets logged into from another country, using a different browser with a language the original account owner doesn't even speak, then yes I'd say that's a closing. How is that incompetence? How on earth would you justify that guy staying open, he obviously gave someone else the password and that alone in a reason for closing.

On a sidenote, I've logged in from at least 3 different browsers and ip's every round for as long as I can remember and never even gotten a warning. None of my mates play pa though, suppose that helps.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 17:33   #18
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
If an account gets logged into from another country, using a different browser with a language the original account owner doesn't even speak, then yes I'd say that's a closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
If I m at a m8s place who use a diff. browser than myself, and which only 1 other uses in PA, I will be closed? Do we have to tell the MHs that we are gonna use a different browser? Where is this written in the eula?
No other country mentioned in OP.
And i believe u can use a browser without understanding the language, it aint rocketscience to write in an url in the adress bar.

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 18:00   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
If an account gets logged into from another country, using a different browser with a language the original account owner doesn't even speak, then yes I'd say that's a closing. How is that incompetence? How on earth would you justify that guy staying open, he obviously gave someone else the password and that alone in a reason for closing.

On a sidenote, I've logged in from at least 3 different browsers and ip's every round for as long as I can remember and never even gotten a warning. None of my mates play pa though, suppose that helps.
Yo, what I have been told, which may or may not be correct, is that cardis account was logged into with a lith IP, with a dutch browser.
If it was logged into with a dutch ip at pt12, then I REALLY hope the MH tools would catch this ALOT earlier than at pt500ish. IF this is the case, then the closure is a straight forward one, as cardi just a few hours later logs inn again from his regular ip and browser.

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 18:48   #20
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Belgian IP, dutch browser (as in a browser that is only available in dutch, which in turn is only used by 1 other person in pa, cardi would have no reason to use it.) Apparently 10 min later a lith IP then logged on the same account.
Even without the IP thing, I'd say that's a closing. It's not like he was visiting someone and used their dutch browser when he got online like normal so soon after. Like BA said, most likely a vnc screw up (vnc lets you log on to another persons comp where you can then login to the account, so it's next to impossible to prove anything). Prolly the guy forgot to turn it on and then used it 10 min later.

I got nothing against cardi or jintao and I've played with both of them. Truth is, if people really want to cheat the mh's can't catch them, so it's great to get them closed when there is a screw up.

Doubt we are allowed to talk about specific cases so this will be deleted soon!

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..

Last edited by Zotnam; 22 Sep 2009 at 18:56.
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 19:07   #21
rUl3r

Quote:

I don´t think it´s forbidden for people to discuss about specific cases, it´s just the MHs themselves who do not (and are not allowed to, iirc) talk about any case to people not involved - that means the planet owner in question and other multihunters.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 19:46   #22
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Belgian IP, dutch browser (as in a browser that is only available in dutch, which in turn is only used by 1 other person in pa, cardi would have no reason to use it.) Apparently 10 min later a lith IP then logged on the same account.
Even without the IP thing, I'd say that's a closing. It's not like he was visiting someone and used their dutch browser when he got online like normal so soon after. Like BA said, most likely a vnc screw up (vnc lets you log on to another persons comp where you can then login to the account, so it's next to impossible to prove anything). Prolly the guy forgot to turn it on and then used it 10 min later.

I got nothing against cardi or jintao and I've played with both of them. Truth is, if people really want to cheat the mh's can't catch them, so it's great to get them closed when there is a screw up.

no this is not correct afaik.
Also why would jintao be closed for that? It makes no sense.

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 20:08   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Presumably because it was his IP that Cardi's account was logged in from.

Come on Wish, you're not stupid, why are you pretending to be. :\
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 20:46   #24
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Presumably because it was his IP that Cardi's account was logged in from.

Come on Wish, you're not stupid, why are you pretending to be. :\
if this is the case, then sure its a correct closure.
This isnt what cardi told me though, nor what remy says in the logs I ve read....

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 20:52   #25
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
if this is the case, then sure its a correct closure.
This isnt what cardi told me though, nor what remy says in the logs I ve read....
The logs where cardi starts throw a wobbler and swearing all over the place? Hardly suprising remy couldn't explain in detail to him.

OTOH remy was rather abrupt when approaching cardi.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 21:41   #26
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

can you just make this right and stop talking about IP.

Cardis account has never been logged into by any other IP then his own, or some lith weedsmoking friend he was at. What remy is closing him for is that he logged in once to his account using a different browser than his regular one.

I fail to see this being mentioned in the rules, so please point out what rule he has broken. Yes I do know you admins are not accountable to anyone, like i said above, so you dont really need rules to close people. It would be nice though for a change to seeing the RULES of this game enforced.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 21:52   #27
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Smoke. Mirrors. Enough said.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 22:00   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

What the **** is a dutch browser anyways and why on earth would someone in lithuania, someone who's place/browser cardi has only ever logged into pa from once, be using it and what exactly are the odds that this person uses a browser which is rare enough for only one dutch person playing PA to use it who also happens to have been a friend of cardi for a number of rounds and in his alliance?

Wow, it's like a Christmas miracle!

For the record it's wrong that he's closed 600 ticks later or whatever.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 22:34   #29
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

And it doesnt occure to you that one of those is a techinal guru, and the other one smokes enough weed to make Snoop dogg look like an IT-engineer when it comes to computers?

The chance of using the same browser is a trillion times higher when they are good friends compared to being complete strangers. Take into account that the tech-guru most likely told the weedsmoker that "insert browser here" is something he should try. Because it is without doubt something he tried with HIS OWN IP.

And even if they find a way for someone to control cardis account, why on earth would he want that? the man even comes online after 15 beers and 5 joints to launch his fleet.

Or are you telling me that every time i called him, someone else came online in his place, swearing lith and saying he will murder my family? Come on..

Only one person has ever logged into this account, and closing him because he tried a browser a good friend of him recommended is hardly a good reason. and lets not forget that this was done tick 12!
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 22:38   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Only one person has ever logged into this account, and closing him because he tried a browser a good friend of him recommended is hardly a good reason.
As cardi would say himself I am ****ing lol here.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 22:46   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Hey Hanzi, want to try this awesome Japanese browser I found?
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 23:10   #32
Wishmaster
LDK

tbh though, this isnt the point of the thread.
WHEN WAS IT A CLOSURE REASON TO USE A DIFF. BROWSER?
thats the question.

Even if I KNOW someone cheats, it doesnt mean I can close him for it. You need valid proof. There is none here.

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 23:13   #33
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
tbh though, this isnt the point of the thread.
WHEN WAS IT A CLOSURE REASON TO USE A DIFF. BROWSER?
thats the question.

Even if I KNOW someone cheats, it doesnt mean I can close him for it. You need valid proof. There is none here.
I have not seen a single MH stating that this was the reason for the closure. And I guess we will not see such a statement anyway. You guys are just stirring up shit for nothing.
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 23:19   #34
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
I have not seen a single MH stating that this was the reason for the closure. And I guess we will not see such a statement anyway. You guys are just stirring up shit for nothing.
if thats the case, I am sorry. And the closure is as I ve said before, a straight forward one.
However, this isnt what cardi told me.
No idea if I should believe that retard though

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 23:40   #35
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

so cardi signing up a new acc does that not signify that he himself accepts he has been caught and accepts his punishment , if he can why cant you (meaning the people in his old gal) do you feel if you whing and moan about it enough he will be re-opened and thus keep your gals chance of #1

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2009, 23:59   #36
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

He did cheat, he got caught and got closed. Thats it!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 04:41   #37
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
However, this isnt what cardi told me.
:crymeariver:
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 08:49   #38
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Just in defence of the MH - they cannot and will not discuss this case or any case with anyone other than the one involved in the case, that person can discuss and/or show logs, lie, defame or generally omit facts/edit logs or say anything to further their case before the general pa populace.

Its highly unlikely that anyone getting closed is going to hold their hands up and say YES - i didnt it to several hundred peple they barely know (possible i guess though), let alone their alliance, possibly to their better known buddies, but then swear them to secrecy !

The MH would have to produce all evidence to prevent the smear campaigns each round, information that may be personal and/or under the terms of signup strictly private !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 11:32   #39
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbe View Post
No other country mentioned in OP.
And i believe u can use a browser without understanding the language, it aint rocketscience to write in an url in the adress bar.
Why would you want to ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 11:41   #40
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

name and shame list would b nice idea tho :P

someone earlier suggested that or talked about that

if someone cheats and is closed due to that then why shouldnt other players in planetarion know about it, the facts and nicks ?
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 12:20   #41
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Considering the fact that the entire game design makes cheating trivial, isn't this whole discussion rather pointless?

And given that it is so very easy to avoid detection anyone that is caught and closed is pretty lame.

And for the record, while I totally accept the need for secrecy while an investigation is ongoing, I can't understand why MH don't state details of the offense once a ruling has been made.
(Well obviously not stuff like IP addresses, but whether its farming, multiple accounts, account sharing or whatever).

Last edited by HRH_H_Crab; 23 Sep 2009 at 12:25.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 12:42   #42
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse View Post
Why would you want to ?
Every man has his needs.

And also, read OP again, there u will see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
If I m at a m8s place who use a diff. browser than myself
^ This can be a foreign scum of an who dont have a regular english language browser. Alot of immigrants in every country.

VisioN Forever!
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 13:06   #43
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Every man has his needs.

^ This can be a foreign scum of an who dont have a regular english language browser. Alot of immigrants in every country.
Presumably Cardi had a different IP accessing his account while using that browser then?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 14:07   #44
NOV

NOV is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Right, our prisons are full of innocent people, don´t you know? I´ve hardly ever seen a cheater admitting his deeds before, of course a galmate who got closed is likely to tell you the same excuses he tried to talk himself out with. Actually, if you regularly experience galmates getting closed for cheating, you should consider playing with different people - in the end, you got the "usual suspects" in PA one should not and can not trust due to their history.
Two things, I did not know carDi before this round and the other guy that was closed in my gal 2 rounds ago was a random player I didnt know before aswell.
Second yeah well, you know about that inocent ppl. I managed to get closed a few rounds ago aswell, cause a m8 i showed the game to started playing aswell without that i know at start and loged in from uni aswell, shoking behavor MH closed us both, he never started again and it took me 4 freaking days to find someone responsible to talk to, to get reopened again what in the end ofc happened.
And what JBG also sees and actualy the whole ****ing uni should, IF that event that carDi is closed for really happened pre shuffle and he is closed mid round ppl do not need to wonder if others that get effect by that dont wana play the next rounds as it weaknes gal way more then if they removed him pre shuffle point out.
NOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 14:23   #45
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Every man has his needs.

Instead of fabricating silly reasons just to answer a question. Try to come up with a legitimate reason, why Cardi would need to log on to his account from an Ip in a different country from where he is with a browser in a language he doesn't understand ? Preferably a reason that actually makes sense

Unless Cardi can travel really really fast, he was not at a mates place

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 15:21   #46
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

I dunno man, drugs can do some strange things to the human body. Maybe he really can move that quick!

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 15:56   #47
rUl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
I dunno man, drugs can do some strange things to the human body. Maybe he really can move that quick!
He´s smoking weed. Pretty unlikely it makes him move faster.
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 17:07   #48
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

or maybe hes like 90% of the people on IRC that act drunk or high even though they aren't, for the cool image (e.g. anyone that tags |drunk after their nick)

either way, has cardinal given anyone a reason for logging in from a completely dutch browser? not that he has to or anything, but this 'argument' isn't going to go anywhere without at least one party giving their side

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 17:15   #49
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Cardi has been permanently banned from the forums for repeated racism, and the MHs are not allowed to publish details pertaining to cases, closed or otherwise, so I guess no actual information will be forthcoming.
Unread 23 Sep 2009, 17:36   #50
tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse View Post
Instead of fabricating silly reasons just to answer a question. Try to come up with a legitimate reason, why Cardi would need to log on to his account from an Ip in a different country from where he is with a browser in a language he doesn't understand ? Preferably a reason that actually makes sense

Unless Cardi can travel really really fast, he was not at a mates place
IF it was a different IP that was used, wich is the big question, its a clear closure without doubt.
But we will never know for sure i guess...

VisioN Forever!