User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Sep 2010, 10:53   #1
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Cancel PLed ingal def on exiled planets

Pretty simple suggestion really. I think prelaunched ingal def fleets should get automatically cancelled if a planet exiles/gets exiled from a galaxy. It is just annoying when you face it, and it doesnīt make any sense at all - the planet either didnīt want to stay in galaxy, or was not wanted, in both ways he should not be entitled to the ingal bonus anymore.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 16:54   #2
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancel PLed ingal def on exiled planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Pretty simple suggestion really. I think prelaunched ingal def fleets should get automatically cancelled if a planet exiles/gets exiled from a galaxy. It is just annoying when you face it, and it doesnīt make any sense at all - the planet either didnīt want to stay in galaxy, or was not wanted, in both ways he should not be entitled to the ingal bonus anymore.
The planet in question could of been wanted by the person defending him but the rest of the gal didnt.

If the all galaxy dislike the planet, then they wouldnt be defending him.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 17:20   #3
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to agree with rul3r, but Light does - shockingly - raise a good point.

It comes down to logic though, and logically if a planet is moved to a different galaxy then it can't take the short 5-tick tt to get from their gal to this new gal.

Decisions, decisions!
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 17:32   #4
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
It comes down to logic though, and logically if a planet is moved to a different galaxy then it can't take the short 5-tick tt to get from their gal to this new gal.
But logically, how can a planet instantaneously travel to a new galaxy? Personally I like that once you set a fleet, the orders don't change from external factors (like finishing a tt research) unless the ruler changes them himself. Might I ask what made you suggest this rUL3r?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 18:06   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cancel prelaunched ingal defence fleets but not launched ingal defence fleets. Why? Because the exilee can also gather defence in his or her new galaxy.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 16:31   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Well but you fall into the issue of, if I sent prelaunch defense and went to bed with incomming knowing that my fleet was safely on the way to a planet, then the planet is exiled and my fleet gets caught at home I'm screwed. Honestly I agree with Light, if I sent defense to someone I did it on purpose, I don't want it to recall automatically, if I see the planet exiled I can still certainly voluntarily recall it if I so choose.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 21:26   #7
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Right, responding to several people now.

zebra, basically the thought came to my head when I faced PLed ingal def on a planet that got exiled. While this now might appear selfish, I might add this does not regularly happen to me, and the defending planet actually cancelled the def before the fleet launched.

My thought doesnīt even have much to do with logic, youīre right to question logic if planets actually get moved out of galaxies by a few mouseclicks.
It rather comes down to game mechanics and what it supposed to happen ingame. Eta 5 fleets are restricted for ingal movement, so basically once a planet gets exiled, itīs not entitled to recieve a def fleet with this eta anymore. As mz pointed out, the target planet still got the option of gathering new ingal defense in itīs new galaxy.

Furthermore, to adress Lights concerns: If someone really likes another player so much he desperately wants to defend him, he still got that option, given the hardcoded limits allow it - that is, both being either untagged, in the same tag, or in NAPed tags. Other than that, it would surely be another option to campaign against an exile in the first place, while a self-exile should be sufficient reason to cancel out eta 5 def.

Coming to Monroes point: Thereīs the run and hide option to just save your fleet from incomings, while someone being screwed by his galaxy randomly exiling a member would pretty much be a galaxy **** up, and someone self-exiling and screwing your fleet should actually make you consider if the player was worth teh def attempt in the first place.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 21:36   #8
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
It rather comes down to game mechanics and what it supposed to happen ingame. Eta 5 fleets are restricted for ingal movement, so basically once a planet gets exiled, itīs not entitled to recieve a def fleet with this eta anymore. As mz pointed out, the target planet still got the option of gathering new ingal defense in itīs new galaxy.
Its not entitled to recieve def fleets with that eta anymore but prelaunched fleets by all accounts have already been order with that eta. The target planet does not have the option to get new ingal defence if they have been exiled by the galaxy, as they will be in c200 until they come online.

Quote:
Furthermore, to adress Lights concerns: If someone really likes another player so much he desperately wants to defend him, he still got that option, given the hardcoded limits allow it - that is, both being either untagged, in the same tag, or in NAPed tags. Other than that, it would surely be another option to campaign against an exile in the first place, while a self-exile should be sufficient reason to cancel out eta 5 def.
They dont, what happends if the attackers are eta 6 when the galaxy decides to exile him? they can only prelaunch eta 5+1 defence and once he's exiled cannot send any defence to him.

Quote:
Coming to Monroes point: Thereīs the run and hide option to just save your fleet from incomings, while someone being screwed by his galaxy randomly exiling a member would pretty much be a galaxy **** up, and someone self-exiling and screwing your fleet should actually make you consider if the player was worth teh def attempt in the first place.
but the point still stands that when you prelaunch or launch a fleet, you expect it to be launched and out of harms way for the next few ticks. Its why when we have a rollback, we have 24ticks to get online to change our fleets as our fleets got altered in the rollback.

I dont see the big deal with altering the current system, this isnt too much of a problem and you're just swapping problems to something else.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 22:22   #9
ReVolt

ReVolt is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the simple solution (maybe not for coding it) would be to allow the Exile to happen but the move does not take place until all incoming fleets have landed. That way in gal defence still works and wouldent need to be canceled or have there eta times messed with.

Once all incomings have landed / been recalled the planet is exiled.
ReVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 22:55   #10
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVolt View Post
I think the simple solution (maybe not for coding it) would be to allow the Exile to happen but the move does not take place until all incoming fleets have landed. That way in gal defence still works and wouldent need to be canceled or have there eta times messed with.

Once all incomings have landed / been recalled the planet is exiled.
This is too easily abused... I could keep a galaxy from exiling a planet I wanted them to keep simply by launching a fake attack at them every 8 hours or so....

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 23:47   #11
ReVolt

ReVolt is an unknown quantity at this point

You could add further complexity to it by not allowing new fleets to be sent.

While yes it could be abused how would the person who is doing the abuse know that the planet's going to be exiled.

If the Gal wanted rid of him they wouldent be going around telling people to target him
ReVolt is offline   Reply With Quote