User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 May 2010, 12:16   #1
goldfries

goldfries is an unknown quantity at this point
production time calculation issue

i think the production issue needs fixing.

i had incoming today that's supposed to land at TICK 40.

i also had units scheduled to complete production at 40 too. it was assigned to 1 factory.

at T 39, i tried assigning another factory to the production ..... no improvement. don't ask me why i did that.

seeing it makes no difference, i decided to reassign it back to 1, since 1 or 2, i'm still getting my ship next tick........... i was wrong.

it ended up pushing the production time to tick 43!!! WTH?!?!?!?!

i think this matter should be looked into.

from what i observed. the production time was 5 hours. after i assigned 2 factories, it was pretty much that. by changing 2 to 1, it added another 2.5 hours to the production time. it shouldn't be that way.

the system should track the total contributed so far when it comes to factory reassignments, not the simplistic but inaccurate and impractical DIV BY FACTORY algorithm or whatever it's using now.

thank you.
goldfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 12:24   #2
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: production time calculation issue

I believe that has to do with the following:

When you started production with 1 fact you had

Shipcosts + 10000 factorycosts which meant a 5 tick prodtime.

Then you decided to add another factory (means 10k extra factcosts) which made the calc:

Shipcosts left + 20000 factcosts

This was accounted for within the original 5 ticks.

Then you decided to return to 1 factory, but the factcosts were already made. That meant that shipcosts plus 20k factcosts couldnt be accounted for within those ticks left with 1 factory and it added 4 ticks extra.

Thus, nothing strange happened imo. (If I am wrong here, please feel free to point out my flaws.) However, you should keep this mechanism in mind the next time ;-)

Cheers.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 12:29   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is indeed expected behaviour, and desired if you want to allow people to make small adjustments to their production timings.

Your problem can be solved by keeping 2 factories on the order.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2010, 12:44   #4
goldfries

goldfries is an unknown quantity at this point

my though is that it should return to where it was before. there has to be a better way of production calculation.
goldfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2010, 16:15   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Better in what way?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2010, 10:12   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Or it should perhaps be better explained (I don't know if it is) rather then players having to find out the hard way?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2010, 12:39   #7
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I think it is fairly logical that if you add extra factorycosts to the order that teh spread will become larger, i.e. that it will take more time.

It is quite straightforward imo. You just need to be careful.

--

Just checked the manual. Maybe some examples could be used to show the mechanisms so that newbies can understand it better.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 14:14   #8
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

It's not self explanatory that factories too cost 'Production Units' though, perhaps clarification on that would be a good addition.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2010, 10:11   #9
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Yes, a clarification about the factory cost itself would be nice for new players, especially as the final formula for production time isnīt even highlighted in the manual like the others, just in white letters.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote