User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2009, 20:50   #1
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold
So round 36

The hillbillies have gotten there way and were going to have an entire round where we play with people we don't know and the top allies cant win as they cant cope without fortress gals (LOL YEA RIGHT)
So im asking that you then allow us in round 36 to actually play with people we like and know and therefore bring back private galaxies.. Seems fair they get a round we get a round, same allies will win but heh least both sides get a turn :P
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 22:58   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So round 36

I'm not particularly opposed to the changes we're seeing for round 35. The worst one (1 exile a day) has been withdrawn. Late joining never achieved what it aimed to, so seeing its influence reduced is something I applaud. Buddy pack size is not something I care about much.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 23:28   #3
Supergans
The Holy Goose

Supergans is on a distinguished road

I agree with Mz here.
Supergans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 23:50   #4
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I've always preferred random gals personally, so the change doesn't bother me!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 00:45   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Changes for r35 are nothing but smoke screens to hide the fact that nothing has been done to improve the game.
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 00:50   #6
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

I'll always be up for 100% private galaxies.
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 01:35   #7
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

i think the changes are a good mix considering the options, no problems with them at all.

to say there has been nothing done to improve the game is a bit bull as tbh the attack system was utter crap before and improving it will help the lower alliances.

With that done hopefully cin and appoco will have time to make changes to the game itself for r36.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 06:33   #8
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
to say there has been nothing done to improve the game is a bit bull as tbh the attack system was utter crap before and improving it will help the lower alliances.
Guess your talking about single targetting? It will mean that smaller alliances will find it harder to get defence while attacking as a whole gets easier.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 07:05   #9
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

think he meant the ingame attack system (attack page)

then again id love to see 100% random gals for r36
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 08:28   #10
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

I thought about the Cap % based on target value
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 09:46   #11
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

yes i ment the attack page, not sure i like going back to single targeting
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 10:27   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Guess your talking about single targetting? It will mean that smaller alliances will find it harder to get defence while attacking as a whole gets easier.
The quality difference between (say) Apprime and F-Crew isn't so much in attacking as it is in defence. By making attacking easier, defence gets a lower priority, which will reduce the gap between good and bad alliances.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 10:31   #13
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The quality difference between (say) Apprime and F-Crew isn't so much in attacking...
That's very true, sadly for App...
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 13:29   #14
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
The quality difference between (say) Apprime and F-Crew isn't so much in attacking as it is in defence. By making attacking easier, defence gets a lower priority, which will reduce the gap between good and bad alliances.
I did get a lot of defence last round from F-Crew, but I also gave a lot in defence. I only attacked about a dozen times in the whole round.

But perhaps it will be better for attacking to be more prevalent than defence, as most people will try to attack than defend.

But in that same way perhaps defence should be removed from the game altogether (as has been discussed in another thread). However removing defence brings a problem of fleet catching to an all time high.

So perhaps we need to remove the fixed time to attack...

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 13:45   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I did get a lot of defence last round from F-Crew, but I also gave a lot in defence. I only attacked about a dozen times in the whole round.

But perhaps it will be better for attacking to be more prevalent than defence, as most people will try to attack than defend.
Be that as it may, if your alliance can send night time defence, then your alliance can launch effective attacks. But the fact that you can set up attacks at 22:00 does not necessarily mean your members will be around at 03:00 to send defence.

Quote:
But in that same way perhaps defence should be removed from the game altogether (as has been discussed in another thread). However removing defence brings a problem of fleet catching to an all time high.
Retarded for reasons in that other thread.

Quote:
So perhaps we need to remove the fixed time to attack...
I don't understand what you mean, explain? (Perhaps in a PS thread.)
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 13:58   #16
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

With the hardcoded alliance def, I might actually want to play this round!
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 12:22   #17
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
With the hardcoded alliance def, I might actually want to play this round!
To me it´s pretty much the other way round, limiting options of cooperation doesn´t motivate me at all. Also, I still don´t see the point (except maybe for catering everyones grudge against Apprime and Ascendancy). Changing game mechanics to probably counter a handful of possible out of tag support planets (out of tag support planets when there´s plenty of tag space available, lol) and limit the options of everyone on how to play is not exactly what I consider to be a smart move.
Anybody who´s involved in bringing up this stuff care to elaborate why this isn´t an anti-Asc/App change?
Thanks.

Also, to adress MrLobsters suggestion of removing def alltogether: I can honstely say that would be the point I´ll quit playing despite me being a complete addict. Defense has always been a part of PA, if you scrap it, what´s left in the game anyway?

Last edited by rUl3r; 31 Dec 2009 at 12:25. Reason: Added the minor response to MrLobster
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 17:02   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Look on the bright side, rul3r, this change means Ascendancy will be able to raid any alliance we like!
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 01:07   #19
Makhil

Quote:
Look on the bright side, rul3r, this change means Ascendancy will be able to raid any alliance we like!
Oh no no no we're too afraid please PA team don't let this happen, just give them what they want...
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 01:56   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Don't be upset. It's a brand new year! Can't we leave the past behind us?
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 03:26   #21
Makhil

Let's do that
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 05:42   #22
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

mz is such a nerd

it took about 10 mins to write that so don't you dare delete it lok you faggot
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 22:07   #23
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

I welcome a return to single targeting, i much prefer it to multi (must be the lazy dc in me) i'm intrigued to see how it affects the hand people will play. No doubt there are some alliances who are more offensive than others and will prosper under such conditions. Bring on the round :-)

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote