User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Nov 2009, 12:52   #1
Will
Planetarion Support Team Member

Will is an unknown quantity at this point
Prelaunch on JGP

On jumpgate probes, would it be possible to differentiate between a prelaunched and an already flying fleet by, for example, adding an asterisk next to the ETA for prelaunched fleets?

I don't feel this will detract from prelaunches since the landing tick would still remain unknown. However, my main goal is to allow defence management systems such as my own to alter their behaviour for prelaunched fleets (eg. completely ignore them, not automatically tick them or mark them as prelaunched for DCs to see).

The asterisk could also be explained at the bottom of the scan as prelaunched to reduce new player confusion of seeing a fleet on a scan heading to their planet but it not being visible ingame yet.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2009, 13:10   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Prelaunch on JGP

Very good suggestion.
Unread 8 Nov 2009, 14:16   #3
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense.
Unread 8 Nov 2009, 20:42   #4
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

I don't like it. Doesn't help to make the game more interesting nor attrackt a broader public.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2009, 21:02   #5
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

IŽm not quite sure about this. Knowledge of a fleet being prelaunched is somewhat valueable information. Obviously, if you got a planet in tag, youŽll have this information via the alliance defence page (as youŽll know which fleets are flying). If you decide to play with planets out of tag, it should be at your own risk, takes a little more scanning to make sure you can tell whether a fleet is prelaunched or flying.

As I take it you use def tools you coded yourself. How about you add a parser for the alliance def page to your management system and crosscheck ally status and jgps so the system can tell?
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2009, 04:46   #6
Will
Planetarion Support Team Member

Will is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
IŽm not quite sure about this. Knowledge of a fleet being prelaunched is somewhat valueable information. Obviously, if you got a planet in tag, youŽll have this information via the alliance defence page (as youŽll know which fleets are flying). If you decide to play with planets out of tag, it should be at your own risk, takes a little more scanning to make sure you can tell whether a fleet is prelaunched or flying.

As I take it you use def tools you coded yourself. How about you add a parser for the alliance def page to your management system and crosscheck ally status and jgps so the system can tell?
OK, I agree that it shouldn't be obvious if out-of-tag planets have prelaunched, I would be happy to modify my suggestion to only affect jgp scans of allied planets.

Our parser does indeed parse the ally def page, but that can't be relied on to confirm prelaunches because not everybody clicks the report button (especially in inactive galaxies).
Will is offline   Reply With Quote