User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:15   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Proposal for the creation of the roundly block against Apprime

Nobody bothers posting they are playing to win. Most alliances barely even use the forums. Clearly, judging from what Assassin has said p3nguins are doing earlier in this thread they have some interest in at least not letting someone run away with the round though. And possibly in winning. I dunno, you'd have to ask him yourself. I mean, I haven't seen an explicit declaration from anyone in Apprime who can do more than "just posting on behalf of myself yo plz don't think any mistakes I make are what apprime thinks" that you're going for the win. Should I assume you're not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzi
You dont decide on whats good,bad,right or wrong. So please just stop trying to correct everyone. You are using your selfclaimed godly standards when you do so and its really pathetic.
Right. Before your head explodes from sheer rage can you point to something I've said that's been wrong or inaccurate?

Quote:
Lokken claimed in this thread that Ascendancy members will walk over Apprime members. To me that is the same as saying the fight is between our 2 alliances, so i dont see why you need to keep trying to downplay yourself when you can just pick up the fight yourself.
What do you mean downplay? We're not first. You are. Yeah we're pretty good at PA sometimes. What exactly are you looking for here?

Quote:
Basically what i had in mind was that breaking down Apprime now with a huge massive block will just lead to the need for a new block to take down a FRESH ascendancy later. Most likely even stronger then Apprime is now, and history has shown this is virtually impossible.
Welcome to the world of a false dichotomy. How exactly do you think this is going to happen? There is going to be one day where we're pretty close in the rankings. It's not like a block is going to target you for a week solid and can't do anything but hit you and when that week ends Ascendancy will be 40 mil clear and everyone can just go "oh well, didn't see that one coming". I mean, what do you actually propose? The #1 alliance gets to fight the #6 and nobody else is allowed to get involved?
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:24   #102
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
"if vision or penguins want to win they have to defeat apprime and see ascendancy as the realistic threat they could very well be. big picture."
Yeah man but you probably need to separate out the sensible arguments from the enormous quantity of sheer insanity and fallacious arguments.

Quote:
(interesting that ascendancy are demanding penguins initiate the war here)
Surely they already have? Unless assassin was just randomly making shit up.

To be honest this shit is getting really pathetic. I don't know why people have such an inferiority complex when it comes to "Ascendancy". Neither I, nor golan nor anyone else in Ascendancy to my knowledge, has contacted a single person outside of Ascendancy to discuss anything in terms of an anti-apprime block or encouraging an anti-apprime block. This isn't some ****ing masterplan. Nobody from Ascendancy had even really posted seriously here until you came in and decided that mz saying
Quote:
No, if you were trying to win, you'd assemble enough force to take down Apprime. That said, not all alliances have to rely on politics in order to to have a chance of winning. If you're not willing (or able) to adequately play the politics game, I wish you the best of luck beating Apprime, on your own, with brute force.
was somehow false. It's not. It's true. If alliances want to beat apprime they either have to be better militarily on their own or have other allies. This is pretty much true for everyone but it's particularly relevant for Apprime because you're first.

God.
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:25   #103
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

i was saying that you dont decide what is right,wrong,good or bad. I dont look for things people say and then tell everyone what they can or can not write. Neither should you.

I also dont care if Ascendancy is #6 because they will quickly grow into top3 once they have their fortress gals set.

Apprime dont have to say in this thread they are playing to win, as its fairly obvious! They even said it last round.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:28   #104
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

The "inferiour complex about ascendancy" you are talking about is basically existing because you are trying to manipulate people to help Ascendancy win, which happen to be the alliance you are representing.
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:33   #105
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
i was saying that you dont decide what is right,wrong,good or bad. I dont look for things people say and then tell everyone what they can or can not write. Neither should you.
I'm not saying I'm going to come over to your house and beat you up for posting here. It's called an "argument". Where one points out flaws in other arguments and in return offers a valid set of premises, followed by a logical progression based on those premises which leads to a conclusion. My premises are thus

-Apprime are first in every aspect of the rankings that matters
-Ascendancy are not first in any aspect of the rankings that matter

The logical core of the argument is

-Hitting Apprime is, right now, more important than hitting Ascendancy if you wish to either win the round yourself or prevent stagnation setting in because Apprime will get bigger faster than Ascendancy (this also applies to every other alliance)

The conclusion is

-Hitting Apprime makes more sense for alliances with either two of the aforementioned goals

Quote:
I also dont care if Ascendancy is #6 because they will quickly grow into top3 once they have their fortress gals set.
You may not but reality does. Score gaps take time to disappear. Especially when your alliance isn't primarily composed of people who have trouble with the concept of logging in to recall their fleets.

Quote:
Apprime dont have to say in this thread they are playing to win, as its fairly obvious! They even said it last round.
I would have thought it's fairly obvious the top 3 alliances are all playing for the win!
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:36   #106
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
The "inferiour complex about ascendancy" you are talking about is basically existing because you are trying to manipulate people to help Ascendancy win, which happen to be the alliance you are representing.
I wasn't doing anything until people in your alliance started posting here demanding people consider Ascendancy to be the threat of the round instead of the alliance that is actually at least three million score and six thousand roids clear.

Why don't you post your opinion on how this round should go though? Everyone leaves Apprime alone, in a week or two Ascendancy makes it into the top three and then we try and fight you for the win? I eagerly await your reply!
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:47   #107
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

I wasnt saying that everyone should leave Apprime alone and play for #2 instead.

What i, and others were saying, was that creating a large block to bash apprime, and by doing so help Ascendancy to win is not a very good choice.
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 22:52   #108
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm sure they can work that out themselves before we're thirty million ahead of everyone else man.

In reality that probably is the best scenario though to be fair. The bigger their block the faster you die the less time there is for Ascendancy to rise up the rankings the quicker they can all turn their attention to us.

Oh, sorry, I forgot you were personally offended by people using logic! I retract the above statement and apologise unreservedly for my temerity in implying something was a good idea that you thought was a bad idea.
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 23:10   #109
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
The logical core of the argument is

-Hitting Apprime is, right now, more important than hitting Ascendancy if you wish to either win the round yourself or prevent stagnation setting in because Apprime will get bigger faster than Ascendancy (this also applies to every other alliance)

The conclusion is

-Hitting Apprime makes more sense for alliances with either two of the aforementioned goals
Great! So when shall we see Asc hitting Apprime?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 23:16   #110
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I dunno, we tried contacting people today to find out what was going on but nobody was talking
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 23:16   #111
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
And when will we see Apprime hitting there #1 contender, Asc?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 23:57   #112
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Youve seen this shit time and time again by Asc.

Now what has experience taught you people?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 00:12   #113
JonnyBGood
Banned

That even if a block hits Apprime for a couple of weeks they're still good enough to win?
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 04:08   #114
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Let the record show, I hate you all equally and this thread sucks!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 06:22   #115
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That even if a block hits Apprime for a couple of weeks they're still good enough to win?
But only if Asc leaves the block, joins the other side, thereby leaving the block/App to drag deach other down, while Asc sits off to the side and gets hugely fat/unhittable, right?

P.S. : http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197508

Just go read that. Itll save us all hours of forum fgtry.

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 7 Sep 2009 at 07:14.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 09:46   #116
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

planetarion round like previous planetarion round shocker!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 10:01   #117
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Rounds already over. Asc won the round you just don't know it yet.

"Mark my words"
G.W.B
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 11:25   #118
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
But only if Asc leaves the block, joins the other side, thereby leaving the block/App to drag deach other down, while Asc sits off to the side and gets hugely fat/unhittable, right?
While arguing with hanzi and fuzzy is like arguing with someone who can under nor circumstances possibly acknowledge you're right arguing with you is like arguing with a goat. A goat with severe dementia. I'll open the floor up again, what, precisely, is your idea for how the round should go? Hanzi wasn't exactly able to provide me with a clear picture, so maybe you can do better!
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 11:51   #119
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
While arguing with hanzi and fuzzy is like arguing with someone who can under nor circumstances possibly acknowledge you're right arguing with you is like arguing with a goat. A goat with severe dementia. I'll open the floor up again, what, precisely, is your idea for how the round should go? Hanzi wasn't exactly able to provide me with a clear picture, so maybe you can do better!
Asc takes on App. The other allies sit back and watch.

At the end of the day, Asc WILL do something, most likely sooner, rather than later. Now you can refute that as much as you like, but you, i, and everyone else here knows that it isnt in Asc's nature to sit by and watch someone run away with the round, as we wouldnt be here otherwise.

Now, while both sides kick the shit out of each other, they can go about their merry way, getting easy roids from gal raiding.

If for some reason, Asc choses to sit out and let App grow, Asc will no doubt become a victim of its own excellence, and very very quickly climb up the universe rankings. At this point App will make a move on Asc, and we are back to the beginning of this post.

The other alliances gain nothing by flakking for you. Any headway they make towards #1 will be more than negated, by bringing Asc up with them, resulting in a Hydra-esque scenario.

Imo, the PA community should sit out, and for the first time in a very very long time, let Ascendancy do the dirty work for them, instead of the other way round. Why should they get involved, when they can effectively kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

Btw, it warms my cold and stoney heart that you believe i could possibly provide anything more insightfull than the aforementioned Hero's of Planetarion.

I didnt think Fuzzy deserved to be put in the same bracket as hanzi tho
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 12:08   #120
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
The #1 alliance gets to fight the #6 and nobody else is allowed to get involved?
Amusing to see that the suggestions I post in order to point out how absurd this argument is are what you're actually arguing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A demented goat
as we wouldnt be here otherwise.
You remember the bit where this thread was a joke until apprime members came in demanding ascendancy be considered the dominant alliance this round? Probably not I guess. It must be hard reading what with all the foam spewing out of your mouth and onto your computer.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 12:29   #121
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

the thread still is a joke
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 12:40   #122
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Amusing to see that the suggestions I post in order to point out how absurd this argument is are what you're actually arguing for.
Fortunately for myself, i am one of the few people who doesnt read the bullshit you pump out mate.

When suggesting a confrontation of #1 vs #6, i assume you where also reffering to the one that is just 1% score behind the #4 alliance, and more than 3k roids ahead of them.

While you are correct in your amazingly astute observation of Asc being rank #6, i feel you havent quite given your troops the credit they deserve, as they are the soon to be #4 alliance.

While looking at the rankings, i also noticed that Asc had another 4 spaces free in tag space, of score giving planets. With there being no real need to tag up your members so far this round, it is more than possible that Asc have could have several high scoring planets out of tag. For arguments sake, if Asc where to add 4 planets to tag, giving 500k score each, which is more than reasonable considering the player quailty of Asc, they wouldnt be all that far behind the current #3 alliance, in p3nguins.

Now, really, given the track record of Asc over such an extended period of time, an entire alliance of Xan, fortress gals, and with late signups just around the corner, is it such an absurdity to believe that Asc are in with a huge chance of winning this round?

Quote:
You remember the bit where this thread was a joke until apprime members came in demanding ascendancy be considered the dominant alliance this round? Probably not I guess. It must be hard reading what with all the foam spewing out of your mouth and onto your computer.
Ad hominem anyone?

Regardless of your intentions when starting this thread, as you have recently stated, your reason for being here are no longer is no longer to take a subtle dig at the PA community, but to fire it up, and direct it towards Asc's biggest challenge for the round win.

Now, having addressed your questions, may i ask why Asc as a whole, decided to play Xan CR this round, and do you believe it will give you a distinct advantage mid-late round, over other allies such as App/VsN/p3n, who as a whole, havent chosen to go Xan CR? If so, do you think it is in the best interest, score wise, of these same alliances to go to war against App, and fight a long protracted war, which will in the long run, prove detrimental to their score growth, while proving benefitial to Asc's?
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 12:46   #123
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Asc takes on App. The other allies sit back and watch.
Like they probably would have done e.g. last round if it wasn´t for Asc to approach people to make something happen that keeps the round interesting and somewhat open? At least that´s what (not or not only Asc) posters say on this forum.

Quote:
At the end of the day, Asc WILL do something, most likely sooner, rather than later. Now you can refute that as much as you like, but you, i, and everyone else here knows that it isnt in Asc's nature to sit by and watch someone run away with the round, as we wouldnt be here otherwise.
That´s probably due to the fact we don´t fancy stagnation, unlike ~95% of the game, including Apprime (considering the whine I got from some of their members last round about them not being able to dominate everyone due to the evil bock).

Quote:
Now, while both sides kick the shit out of each other, they can go about their merry way, getting easy roids from gal raiding.

If for some reason, Asc choses to sit out and let App grow, Asc will no doubt become a victim of its own excellence, and very very quickly climb up the universe rankings. At this point App will make a move on Asc, and we are back to the beginning of this post.
Maybe, after the rest of the t10 has been farmed completely dry so there´s no way to roidrace any further.

Quote:
The other alliances gain nothing by flakking for you. Any headway they make towards #1 will be more than negated, by bringing Asc up with them, resulting in a Hydra-esque scenario.
Considering both Ascendancy and Apprime, being superior to everyone else going by your assumption, are likely to roidrace for a while on cost of like everyone else before they actually go to war (cuz that´s when you go to war - when you can´t outroid someone else and are forced to take a different approach), any other t10 ally has nothing to gain by not going to war either - except you consider getting the shit farmed out of your planets/gals a goal worth playing for.

Quote:
Imo, the PA community should sit out, and for the first time in a very very long time, let Ascendancy do the dirty work for them, instead of the other way round. Why should they get involved, when they can effectively kill 2 birds with 1 stone?
The birds could both be falcons deciding to feed off the doves before hitting each other. Yes, it´s that easy. It has happened before, it can happen again.

Quote:
Btw, it warms my cold and stoney heart that you believe i could possibly provide anything more insightfull than the aforementioned Hero's of Planetarion.

I didnt think Fuzzy deserved to be put in the same bracket as hanzi tho
No comment (as it doesn´t matter to me :P )
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 12:55   #124
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Fortunately for myself, i am one of the few people who doesnt read the bullshit you pump out mate.
This explains quite a bit about how your replies to my posts rarely have anything to do with what I said actually.

Quote:
When suggesting a confrontation of #1 vs #6, i assume you where also reffering to the one that is just 1% score behind the #4 alliance, and more than 3k roids ahead of them.

While you are correct in your amazingly astute observation of Asc being rank #6, i feel you havent quite given your troops the credit they deserve, as they are the soon to be #4 alliance.
Even if and when we are there'll still be 2 alliances ahead of us.

Quote:
While looking at the rankings, i also noticed that Asc had another 4 spaces free in tag space, of score giving planets. With there being no real need to tag up your members so far this round, it is more than possible that Asc have could have several high scoring planets out of tag. For arguments sake, if Asc where to add 4 planets to tag, giving 500k score each, which is more than reasonable considering the player quailty of Asc, they wouldnt be all that far behind the current #3 alliance, in p3nguins.
Actually we have more space than that intag, 14 spaces to be precise. Apprime have 6, evolution have 13 etc. Nonetheless it's amusing that you're accusing Ascendancy of hiding people on a day Apprime added 2 members to tag. Regardless of that you still haven't actually managed to elevate us beyond the #4 spot.

Quote:
Now, really, given the track record of Asc over such an extended period of time, an entire alliance of Xan, fortress gals, and with late signups just around the corner, is it such an absurdity to believe that Asc are in with a huge chance of winning this round?
Of course not, nobody said that. It is absurd to believe that, right now, Ascendancy have a bigger chance of winning the round than Apprime. This doesn't mean we won't win it or that apprime will win it. It just means exactly what I said, right now Apprime have a better chance than Ascendancy.

Quote:
Ad hominem anyone?
This is where being a complete moron doesn't help you. You said
Quote:
and everyone else here knows that it isnt in Asc's nature to sit by and watch someone run away with the round, as we wouldnt be here otherwise.
Implying that this is part of some plan I, or Ascendancy has, to get everyone to hit Apprime. In reality this thread was a joke until Fuzzy decided to jump in and attack mz.

Quote:
Regardless of your intentions when starting this thread, as you have recently stated, your reason for being here are no longer is no longer to take a subtle dig at the PA community, but to fire it up, and direct it towards Asc's biggest challenge for the round win.
No, my reason for posting here, beyond the fact I'm bored and it's a monday morning, are people like you coming in here and demanding completely surreal scenarios be allowed to come to pass because a) you're completely insane and actually think Ascendancy versus Apprime right now is the only fight that matters or b) you just want an easy ride.

Quote:
Now, having addressed your questions, may i ask why Asc as a whole, decided to play Xan CR this round, and do you believe it will give you a distinct advantage mid-late round, over other allies such as App/VsN/p3n, who as a whole, havent chosen to go Xan CR?
No, I picked xan cr because I liked the names of the ships.

Quote:
If so, do you think it is in the best interest, score wise, of these same alliances to go to war against App, and fight a long protracted war, which will in the long run, prove detrimental to their score growth, while proving benefitial to Asc's?
Yeah, as I said the best idea is for them to form the biggest block they can and kill Apprime and then Ascendancy. This would actually be a fantastic thing to happen for PA as nobody would really see it coming and it'd probably reinvigorate the playerbase, showing that the community has no interest in rolling over and dying for a bunch of faggots who spam up the forums and won a few rounds recently.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:09   #125
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You remember the bit where this thread was a joke until apprime members came in demanding ascendancy be considered the dominant alliance this round? Probably not I guess.
Quote:
Implying that this is part of some plan I, or Ascendancy has, to get everyone to hit Apprime. In reality this thread was a joke until Fuzzy decided to jump in and attack mz.
i wasnt goin to post again here - and im not gonna post about the bs everyone is arguing about, however id like to point out that it wasnt me that made this a 'serious' thread.

if you go back and re-read you'll see it became 'serious' when Gio2k opened post number 50 with 'Seriously now guys' before basically saying vision and p3n should block against apprime

then olata, rUl3r, banned and mz all posted seriosuly/semi-seriously before i pointed out that the absurd claim that Gio2k made that 'ascendancy play for the gal win' was retarded.

and i would hardly class my first response to 'mz' as an attack. in that case ive been verbally gang beaten to death by ascendancy multiple times for the most innocent of comments

but by all means pick this post apart and try to deny the obvious fact that i didnt turn this into a 'serious' thread with my 'attack' on mz.

"While arguing with hanzi and fuzzy is like arguing with someone who can under nor circumstances possibly acknowledge you're right" <--- gold.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:14   #126
rUl3r

Heh, my one-liner wasn´t serious at all. I´m a scanner, what do I know about politics this round?
You might be right about Gio2k turning this thread into a more serious direction though.

*edit* typo
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:20   #127
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
if you go back and re-read you'll see it became 'serious' when Gio2k opened post number 50 with 'Seriously now guys' before basically saying vision and p3n should block against apprime
Fair enough, I missed that post entirely actually. However my main point was that claiming this thread was deliberately created by me in order to achieve some set of political goals is absurd. It doesn't really matter in relation to this point who brought the thread down this track as long as it wasn't Ascendancy. You are quite right though.

Quote:
then olata, rUl3r, banned and mz all posted seriosuly/semi-seriously before i pointed out that the absurd claim that Gio2k made that 'ascendancy play for the gal win' was retarded.
Unlike a lot of other alliances we always play for the win. I'd consider us as having played for the win last round too, I certainly considered the feasibility of it a couple of times. My own personal estimation is that if, with the members we have in any particular round, it's conceivable that we could have won then we played for the win. If it had come to a situation where we were within striking distance of #1 we'd probably have gone for it. We weren't though so we didn't.

Quote:
"While arguing with hanzi and fuzzy is like arguing with someone who can under nor circumstances possibly acknowledge you're right" <--- gold.
Yeah the difference between you and me is that while I'm acknowledging my alliance is strong and just pointing out we're not #1, you're asking for people to consider ascendancy as at least as strong as Apprime despite every possible measurement of the game pointing to Apprime being stronger.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:32   #128
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I did what now?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:33   #129
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

not really, i was overexaggerating...but id say i was only overexaggerating ascendancys position to the same extent asc posters were understating ascendancys potential

with the exception of that 1 exaggeration which youve already replied to a couple of times iirc, basically the rest of the contents of my posts are responding to Gio2k's bizarre ideas that ascendancy are an alliance without intention or ability to win the round

apprime on paper do indeed seem to be the strongest ally at this time of the round, but be wary of ascendancy and their ability to jump out of the shadows and burst into the lead is the jist of my feelings

Last edited by Fuzzy; 7 Sep 2009 at 14:21.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:39   #130
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
not really, i was overexaggerating...but id say i was only overexaggerating ascendancys position to the same extent asc posters were understating ascendancys potential
I'm in an odd position here. I really don't want us to win again. We definitely have the potential to do it. I just don't want us to.

Quote:
with the exception of that 1 exaggeration which youve already replied to a couple of times iirc, basically the rest of the contents of my posts are responding to Gio2k's bizarre ideas that ascendancy are an alliance without intention or ability to win the round
I don't understand what you're saying here, but ok, I'm sure you're right.

Quote:
apprime on paper do indeed seem to be the strongest ally on paper at this time of the round, but be wary of ascendancy and their ability to jump out of the shadows and burst into the lead is the jist of my feelings
Also beware of our ability to jump out of the shadows and burst into your mother.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:44   #131
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
I don't understand what you're saying here, but ok, I'm sure you're right.
that part was for JBG regarding the bit where i said

"if ascendancy have approached this round with their game faces on, they should be regarded as equal/superior to apprime, despite the events of last round and the first couple of hundred ticks."

Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:47   #132
Banned
Banned

Quote:
that part was for JBG regarding the bit where i said

"if ascendancy have approached this round with their game faces on, they should be regarded as equal/superior to apprime, despite the events of last round and the first couple of hundred ticks."
Still doesn't make sense, but don't worry about it. The only posts I've read in this thread are the ones I've replied to, which I think puts me at a disadvantage when it comes to the whole 'context' thing.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:48   #133
JonnyBGood
Banned

Of course we're ****ing awesome. If this was a boxing match we'd be Floyd Mayweather Jr and Apprime would be John Ruiz or something.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:13   #134
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Apprime on paper do indeed seem to be the strongest ally on paper at this time of the round, on paper
on paper
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:13   #135
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
And when will we see Apprime hitting there #1 contender, Asc?
Both are busy atm trying to deflect attention to the other. With the obvious difference that Apprime has a minor advantage of 7.6m score and 7k roids over Asc. Peanuts.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:36   #136
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Heh, my one-liner wasn´t serious at all. I´m a scanner, what do I know about politics this round?
You might be right about Gio2k turning this thread into a more serious direction though.

*edit* typo
I hereby apologize for using AD for serious discussions. Won't happen again
If it helps, reading Fuzz's and Muffins posts have provided my with a lot of giggles and chuckles this Monday morning. I hope you all got at least a bit of amusement out of it.
As for my claim that in the end Ascendancy will have the top gal (just like last round), and Apprime will win the round (just like last round), I stand by it. Let time prove who is it that really doesn't have a clue about how this game works.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:43   #137
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
Both are busy atm trying to deflect attention to the other. With the obvious difference that Apprime has a minor advantage of 7.6m score and 7k roids over Asc. Peanuts.
Yeah, a 20% score and roid lead is nothing, what the **** are you pussies complaining about?
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:43   #138
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Unlike a lot of other alliances we always play for the win. I'd consider us as having played for the win last round too, I certainly considered the feasibility of it a couple of times. My own personal estimation is that if, with the members we have in any particular round, it's conceivable that we could have won then we played for the win. If it had come to a situation where we were within striking distance of #1 we'd probably have gone for it. We weren't though so we didn't.
Well, you either ALWAYS play for the win, or you play for the win when it's realistical, you can't have both.
Unless, by 'Playing for the win', you mean at least one of top alliance, top galaxy or top planet. Then i'd agree with you that you 'always' play for the win.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:49   #139
rUl3r

Quote:
I hereby apologize for using AD for serious discussions. Won't happen again
It´s ok, AD is quite a forgiving place, you know?
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:51   #140
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Yeah, a 20% score and roid lead is nothing, what the **** are you pussies complaining about?
You confused me there. Are you for Apprimes argument? Or did you just not get the sarcasm in my comment. Maybe i have to work harder at it.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:57   #141
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, you either ALWAYS play for the win, or you play for the win when it's realistical, you can't have both.
Unless, by 'Playing for the win', you mean at least one of top alliance, top galaxy or top planet. Then i'd agree with you that you 'always' play for the win.
Sub 'Play for the win' for 'Maxmising the chance of winning' and you would have what Asc do each round.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 15:03   #142
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
Sub 'Play for the win' for 'Maxmising the chance of winning' and you would have what Asc do each round.
Ok. That makes sense.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 15:22   #143
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
If there's a genuine chance of winning we'll go for it every single round. Pretty much what game said.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 15:43   #144
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
If there's a genuine chance of winning we'll go for it every single round. Pretty much what game said.
I think every alliance that has a genuine chance of winning also goes for it, in that sense your alliance is no different from every other alliance. The only difference is that most alliances either overestimate themselves and don't have what it takes, or make some wrong political move thinking that it will lead them to victory (the obvious example being trying to fence it).
I do admit that your alliance has a good political grip and that you are consequent in your actions as to maximize you chances of winning, but sometimes that's not enough.
I think this round you stand a chance of winning the round, but also think it's minimal, and that in the end you will stop pursuing the alliance win and go for the galaxy win. Again, this is just my opinion, time will tell.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 16:42   #145
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

You seem to be under some misapprehension that the galaxy win is a goal that Ascendancy work towards. The winning galaxy was Ascendancy last round, but that was mainly due to their own efforts and the political situation rather than any concerted effort on our part.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 16:48   #146
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
I'm in an odd position here. I really don't want us to win again. We definitely have the potential to do it. I just don't want us to.
Why not?

Quote:
and i would hardly class my first response to 'mz' as an attack.
I cry myself to sleep.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 17:20   #147
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

The people saying "hit asc hit asc, they will win" are Apprime members.

the players saying "hit apprime, hit apprime" are asc members.

Neither side is providing an unbiased opinion but what is true is that somebody has to do something instead of doing the usual top 10 alliance thing of sitting around with your finger up your ass waiting for something to happen. then when it doesnt happen and the undesired outcome ocurs you all bitch and moan about who didnt do something and who did do somethign but was shit at it.

is this really what predictable dross this game has descended into?

seriously, its a ****ing war game. its about time some people in this game get a pair and man up..

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 17:34   #148
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I cry myself to sleep.
i never meant to hurt you
i never meant to make you cry
but tonight, im cleaning out my closet

Unread 7 Sep 2009, 17:43   #149
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
The people saying "hit asc hit asc, they will win" are Apprime members.

the players saying "hit apprime, hit apprime" are asc members.
I am not Asc, but i still want to hit Apprime.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 17:54   #150
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

It makes perfect sense at the this current time for Ascendancy players to be screaming, "hit app, hit app". While it also makes perfect sense for Apprime players to be screaming, "hit asc, hit asc". It's how politics work. The thing is Ascendancy and Apprime are the only alliances at this current time in a decent situation with latesignups being just around the corner which will fill Ascendancys tag very very quickely. The other alliances need to chill out and concentrate on there game because it's inevitable that Ascendancy and Apprime will need to fight it out sooner or later.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote