User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:29   #1
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Now this is taking the piss.

Quote:
Covert 249 1 agents hacked into our systems and managed to get away with 26977 Metal, 19341 Crystal and 17141 Eonium. Our alertness has been raised.
Covert 249 1 agents hacked into our systems and managed to get away with 29975 Metal, 21490 Crystal and 19046 Eonium. Our alertness has been raised.
Covert 246 1 agents hacked into our systems and managed to get away with 15618 Metal, 12762 Crystal and 11196 Eonium. Our alertness has been raised.
Covert 246 1 agents hacked into our systems and managed to get away with 25134 Metal, 17402 Crystal and 15662 Eonium. Our alertness has been raised.
This is with the optimal amount of security centres, security on Pri3, and relavtively little cash. My security awareness has been on either 'Excellent' or 'Superior' all afternoon. Yet still they get through with 1:20+ ratios.
240k resources for 12k in agents, and I wouldn't be suprised if another got through within the tick.

With those sort of results possible I'll be avoiding the top ranks like the plague. They're pulling these results from only a t500 planet.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:55   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I blame Gerbie.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:02   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I've been getting about 15 per day lately and I have 7-going-on-8 security centres...and I'm not even t500 :/

Covert ops get really lame, really fast.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:05   #4
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
If you want to not attract cov-oppers it's high value you should avoid like the plague btw.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:08   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Was there not a 10% cap in place on what a covert-op could take in 1 "action"?
(and if by "a little cash", you had more than 250k each time, then you deserve it )
The fact it happened is rather bizarre though...i'm yet to be cov-opped for more than 1/2k, (touch wood...) but i see how it could be annoying
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:09   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
There are higher valued planets in my galaxy, and they don't get ****ed with half as much as I do

edit: Oh, just as I switched from forums to PA: Covert 253 5 agents hacked into our systems and managed to get away with 218 Metal, 783 Crystal and 678 Eonium. Our alertness has been raised.

FFS

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:18   #7
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I blame Gerbie.
Yes, me too. Spinner had ofcourse nothing to do with it, cause he's the best.

Right?
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:18   #8
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
Was there not a 10% cap in place on what a covert-op could take in 1 "action"?
(and if by "a little cash", you had more than 250k each time, then you deserve it )
The fact it happened is rather bizarre though...i'm yet to be cov-opped for more than 1/2k, (touch wood...) but i see how it could be annoying
Under 200k of each.

But seriously, if they're going to put a limit on how many batches of ships you can order, they can at least limit the amount of cov-ops on you in that time.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:36   #9
Cochese
Retired

If not a limit on covert ops per hour/day/whatever, then they need to rework the formula so the % chance of success isn't so god damn high all the time.

When your Alertness is 'Superior', and you still get twatted with hackers, there is a problem.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 02:28   #10
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
There are higher valued planets in my galaxy, and they don't get ****ed with half as much as I do

edit: Oh, just as I switched from forums to PA: Covert 253 5 agents hacked into our systems and managed to get away with 218 Metal, 783 Crystal and 678 Eonium. Our alertness has been raised.

FFS
Well, considering he just lost a fair chunk of change on that I wouldn't be complaining about that one.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 02:43   #11
Cochese
Retired

It's cumulative though. I get those types one after another, and it starts adding up. Yes, they aren't gaining anything (usually losing) but it's still annoying.

Especially when I've just traded some resources to be able to build a certain number of ships, only it gets thrown off by hacking between doing the trade, and going to the Production screen

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 08:02   #12
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I blame Gerbie.
Soz I annoyed you. There is a 10% cap. You just had too much lying around.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 10:37   #13
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
When your Alertness is 'Superior', and you still get twatted with hackers, there is a problem.
seconded, it's just plain silly how many ppl are bored, do some coopping and actually gain from it, there's nothing required from the person who does the coopping, he doesn't even have to be carefull anymore..
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 13:26   #14
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
If not a limit on covert ops per hour/day/whatever, then they need to rework the formula so the % chance of success isn't so god damn high all the time.

I made a huge post on this on these forums, on the beta forums and I Emailed it to Spinner, I seem to recall saying how annoying it would get. I believe everyone told me, "STOP TRYING TO UNDERMINE PA X COVERT OPS +++".
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 15:31   #15
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
Re: Now this is taking the piss.

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
This is with the optimal amount of security centres, security on Pri3, and relavtively little cash. My security awareness has been on either 'Excellent' or 'Superior' all afternoon. Yet still they get through with 1:20+ ratios.
240k resources for 12k in agents, and I wouldn't be suprised if another got through within the tick.

With those sort of results possible I'll be avoiding the top ranks like the plague. They're pulling these results from only a t500 planet.
its called the revenge of the OuZo
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 15:36   #16
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie

/me fluffles Gerbie
Friends > *

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 15:39   #17
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Evil new TFD tactics?
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 15:46   #18
masochist

masochist is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

funny. i do the same every tick. only way for me to get the ressources for the scans.
you = my farms
and when will i get decent score for my scans?
0 pods; I never attack.
masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 16:56   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 20:29   #20
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by evil one
Evil new TFD tactics?
Might as well correct u. Gerbie aint TFD this round
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 20:31   #21
evil one
banana

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyroka
Might as well correct u. Gerbie aint TFD this round
oh dear! Did he go neutral?
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 20:52   #22
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by evil one
oh dear! Did he go neutral?

See the siggy in question?
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 22:58   #23
evil one
banana

Quote:
round 10: rank 1 (well not any more -I'll be back) 5:2:5 Max 20 characters of Max 20 characters - Vengeance pe0n
00ps, I should probably read the siggies from now on
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:17   #24
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
well he is still my m8 and im proud of him
and btw Xto we didnt start this it was U :eek:

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 00:22   #25
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Looks fine to me.
Covert ops is anoying but if you cannot take the heat ...

hAl
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 00:39   #26
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally posted by Sjor
well he is still my m8 and im proud of him
and btw Xto we didnt start this it was U :eek:
It's not the hostile action that bothers me, its the game mechanics that allow this to happen in general.
If you want to take petty revenge on me for exposing your childish activites, feel free. If I cared I wouldn't have the planet/ruler name I set at the start of the round. Just don't get caught again, ok?
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 00:41   #27
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Looks fine to me.

hAl
I can take heat. The point is that this sort of attack is entirely indefensible (short of being online every tick). With these attacks getting through and doing so much damage despite having maximum protection against them, you really have to question the balance of the game.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 03:32   #28
Yan-Je

Yan-Je is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

definately mate. being up the top does have its consequences. smaller players just look at the universe screen and pick out the top10 as cov-op targets. its a nightmare up here with news flashing every so often lol.
well, i dropped ranks now, so i only get 7-10 cov-ops a day now. \o/.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 03:50   #29
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
I can take heat. The point is that this sort of attack is entirely indefensible (short of being online every tick). With these attacks getting through and doing so much damage despite having maximum protection against them, you really have to question the balance of the game.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 06:40   #30
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Covert 281 35 agents hacked into our systems and managed to get away with 2 Metal, 83 Crystal and 58 Eonium. Our alertness has been raised.

Good job, whoever. Heh.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 06:46   #31
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Covert 282 15 agents have eluded Security and destroyed 1 Eonium Asteroid(s). Our alertness has been raised

FFS
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 06:52   #32
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
i´ve already failed on cov-ops.
guess it depends very much on the attackers stealth level, not only on the targets security level. Max stealth can still sneak through max security with relative ease. Only got caught when my stealth wasn´t on maximum.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 06:55   #33
AliasX
- Sex Therapist -

AliasX is an unknown quantity at this point
sux to be you
<meaple> I want 2 c ur cum
<Pyr0> patience young padowan
<AliasX> oh jeasus
<AliasX> this channel did turn gay
*** yahwe ([email protected]) has joined channel #forums
<Oye> that cant be a coincidence
<meaple> he heard you
AliasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 08:38   #34
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
PaX SuX :P

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 11:09   #35
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Looks fine to me.

hAl
Your solution to every problem seems to be telling people to quit, lucky we're getting to a point where no one will be left. They should consider you for the PA marketing team.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 11:46   #36
Sjor

Quote:
It's not the hostile action that bothers me, its the game mechanics that allow this to happen in general.
If you want to take petty revenge on me for exposing your childish activites, feel free. If I cared I wouldn't have the planet/ruler name I set at the start of the round. Just don't get caught again, ok?
didnt mean what u did last round or what we did
but one of your first attacks was on an OuZo and we still keep together

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 12:06   #37
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
I made a huge post on this on these forums, on the beta forums and I Emailed it to Spinner, I seem to recall saying how annoying it would get. I believe everyone told me, "STOP TRYING TO UNDERMINE PA X COVERT OPS +++".
i didn't, cause i agreed with you...

but it's not annoying me since i don't have a planet..and i'm REALLY happy about it..
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 13:03   #38
Torjus
Nacho`s Bitch

Torjus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
hey

stop whining Bitch

Greetz
Torjus
Proud To be Xraid Pe0n

Round 6: Pe0n
Round 7: Pe0n
Round 8: Pe0n
Round 9: Still Pe0n|tired|half retired
Round 9.5: 41:2:2 Pe0n| The Rider on the White Horse of The river of Life

=Retired Planetarion STAR=
Torjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:17   #39
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
I blame Gerbie.
Quote:
Security 294 A covert operation was attempted by Max 20 characters (5:2:5), but our agents were able to stop them from doing any harm.

!!
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:43   #40
Torjus
Nacho`s Bitch

Torjus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Talking lol

Quote:
!! Security 294 A covert operation was attempted by Max 20 characters (5:2:5), but our agents were able to stop them from doing any harm.
Like we was impressed `??
Proud To be Xraid Pe0n

Round 6: Pe0n
Round 7: Pe0n
Round 8: Pe0n
Round 9: Still Pe0n|tired|half retired
Round 9.5: 41:2:2 Pe0n| The Rider on the White Horse of The river of Life

=Retired Planetarion STAR=
Torjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:03   #41
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
dont blame me

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote