User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 22 Sep 2013, 11:59   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Inbetween ticks

I was about to settle to write some race lore, to try and flesh out the races, to give them a proper linear history which people can read into and which could possibly be used to make race choices round on round, something that maybe could become part of the stat making process, how conflicts between the races round to round change the dynamics of how they work together. For example Cathaar and Zikonian form a pact in rd54 which means that thier 2 roiding classes match together, meaning that for example Co and Cr roiding fleet would exclusive be available for Cat/Zik players. Or that Etd and Xan had a conflict and are now at a state of unease. This would mean that none of their roiding classes matched and werent compitable meaning that you couldnt play as a Xan/Etd team. This could be updated by the PA team round on round, not they had to write the reasons why but they could decide that Race A and Race B are aligned and tell the author to give a reason why.

I thought that specific events in history could hyperlinked from the race lore page and that clicking on it would take you into more detail about what happened. I thought that maybe this could be a community endevour for anyone who likes a little fantasy writing. That people could write out a battle that took place and submit it to the PA Team. These would then be read and voted on and the good ones would be included for people to read.

Then i had this bright idea. People are always complaining that there is nothing to do between ticks, that PA is boring from 1 min past the tick, and i thought to myself... SCENERIOS!! What if by clicking on these 'historical battles' you could re-enact them. That a 30 second/1 min tick speedgame with set parameters was created which you had to complete. You could play the role of the beseiged Terran planet against the onslaught of the Cathaar/Zikonian Concord. That you had to complete certain tasks with building/researching/constructions. That you had to keep the attackers at bay until the Terran Armada arrives. Maybe it could be something that lasts 120 ticks or so, and completing it gave you an XP reward? or was just done for enjoyment.

I dont know if this would be impossible to create as i have no real tech knowledge but i just thought it was something cool which would involve the community. They would be writing scenerios basically and the PA Team could implement them for enjoyment of all..

Thoughts?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2013, 12:19   #2
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Inbetween ticks

Or instead of XP this could be something that could be added to a users profile. This is obviously something that would need the passport system to be properly completed. A place where you can view every players achievements in the game. Where you can see a players rankings, his role within his alliance. What his alliance achieved, where his galaxy ranked. Which races he likes to use. Then you could list his non ranking personal accolades.

For Example:

Kaiba

Rd 52 -

Race: Xan
Planet Rank: 50th
Alliance Rank: 3rd
Galaxy Rank: 7th

Role within alliance - Battle Commander

Rd 51 - etc etc..

Times races used:

Xan - 13
Cat - 4
Ter - 5
Zik - 0
Etd - 3

Accolades (Scenerio completion):

Conquerer of Hallgarth
Defender of the Faith
Against all Odds

This would be a cool way to see what people have done in the game through a few clicks and would maybe be something that people could be proud of...
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2013, 13:24   #3
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inbetween ticks

In game lore / background is something that would add an extra "edge" to the game - letting to know why the Terran race came to be a superpower, what the difference is between an Eitrades scavenger and a Zikonian fighter pilot.

Mini scenarios could be fun to keep clickers happy between ticks, but if you take the amount of downtime between ticks multiplied by the amount of scenarios which would be needed, that would be a lot of coding time. Perhaps unlocking them by amount of ticks played or link them to some form of in-game achievement?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote