User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:40   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Can someone explain UK politics to me, please?

Tony Blair is stepping down and this Brown is taking over even though nobody voted for him? Is that possible? How was Blair 'forced' out? I am confused.

Last edited by s|k; 7 Sep 2006 at 22:35.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:43   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Someone explain to me UK politics

Apparently we vote for the party to run the country, not the person. Which I think is shit.

I'd personally rather have a General Election to get the twat-head Labour party out of Office. I never thought I'd say this but Id rather have a Conservative running things than Brown.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:54   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

given the thread title I think it'd be better all round if someone taught you how to construct a sentence
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:01   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Gerald Ford"

edit: At length: Brown was voted into Parliament, same as Blair. Blair was voted head of the Labour party bu the Labour party, same as Brown will likely be. Labour is the majority governing party, and the head of the majority governing party in Parliament is traditionally bearer of the title Prime Minister (ignoring the de facto formalities of Royal Assent).

What will happen in a year is perfectly legitimate, entirely in the spirit of the Parliamentary system, and has happened a number of times before. You've had vice presidents installed as President before - and that's a wholly unelected individual replacing a wholly elected one.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées

Last edited by Phang; 7 Sep 2006 at 21:09.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:05   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

We vote for the party, and the party members vote for the leader - Gordon Brown won't necessarily take over, there'll be a leadership conteset within the Labour party at some point to decide who does.

Tony Blair wasn't really forced out, he's just been forced to say when as he had foolishly mentioned that he intended to leave the job just after (i think) the last election, and some members of his party think that it puts him (and them) in a weak position - which is ironic, since that is why he didn't want to say when in the first place. They want him to quit sooner rather than later so the new leader has time to prove himself for the next election, probably because they see David Cameron as more of a threat than the last few Conservative leaders.

Last edited by Apothos; 7 Sep 2006 at 21:11.
Apothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:20   #6
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Someone explain to me UK politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Apparently we vote for the party to run the country, not the person. Which I think is shit.
Depends who's actually running the show I guess; but yeah. In general, though, I think term limits are the win. Left to their own devices, politicians will almost always want to hang on too long. :/
Quote:
I'd personally rather have a General Election to get the twat-head Labour party out of Office.
You just had a general election last year. Has the political climate changed that much, that quickly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
You've had vice presidents installed as President before - and that's a wholly unelected individual replacing a wholly elected one.
Vice Presidents are usually elected to office, same as Presidents. Gerald Ford and his Vice President Nelson Rockefeller have been the only exceptions.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:25   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Vice Presidents are usually elected to office, same as Presidents. Gerald Ford and his Vice President Nelson Rockefeller have been the only exceptions.
of course, sorry. My head was stuck in thinking of the VP as an extension of the cabinet (as the Deputy PM is here) - which we elect and you don't.

Anyway though, Gerald Ford.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:32   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You just had a general election last year. Has the political climate changed that much, that quickly?
**** ups and Iraq and Afghan = new direction needed.

The direction being our troops out of the respective countries
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:34   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
**** ups and Iraq and Afghan = new direction needed.

The direction being our troops out of the respective countries
certainly none of those issues existed in 2005 right enough
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:35   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Americans will find it terribly difficult to understand a parliamentary democracy as they come from a presidential republic.

Our system has no singular leader.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:37   #11
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
certainly none of those issues existed in 2005 right enough
They were supposed to be "over" by now, but things are getting worse.

With the mood of the British Public, I'm pretty sure any political party would get a majority if they had on there manifesto the withdrawal of troops.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:43   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
They were supposed to be "over" by now, but things are getting worse.

With the mood of the British Public, I'm pretty sure any political party would get a majority if they had on there manifesto the withdrawal of troops.
then set up your own party and run

but i'm pretty sure that single issue politics has never been popular in Britain
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:00   #13
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

I was full of glee when this happened to the Thatcher in the 80's. They announced it in the student union over the speakers.

It wasn't until we suffered the ineptitude of both parties thereafter that you realised she was a strong leader.

I feel now somewhat more slightly sorry for Blair when I look at what is on offer from both parties. He's made mistakes for sure, but the world's getting crazier by the day. I'd have him over Bush every time.

We shall see. When it comes to politics I'm asexual so I'm not a Blue Nose nor Welsh before it starts.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:07   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
I was full of glee when this happened to the Thatcher in the 80's. They announced it in the student union over the speakers.

It wasn't until we suffered the ineptitude of both parties thereafter that you realised she was a strong leader.

I feel now somewhat more slightly sorry for Blair when I look at what is on offer from both parties. He's made mistakes for sure, but the world's getting crazier by the day. I'd have him over Bush every time.

We shall see. When it comes to politics I'm asexual so I'm not a Blue Nose nor Welsh before it starts.
not enough people in Britain know what a prime minister is
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:08   #15
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I didn't know people in the rest of the world were allowed to vote too \o/

I always thought president Bush was the president of our planet
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:12   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I didn't know people in the rest of the world were allowed to vote too \o/

I always thought president Bush was the president of our planet
EU and common wealth nationals resident in Britain can vote in our elections - local and general.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:30   #17
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
She was strong. But then again, she followed Heath.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:37   #18
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Well s|k I dont know how it works in America but here you vote for a party and then the leader can change during a term without re-election.

Blair is trying to stay in right until the election to give Brown less time to **** everything up so labour stays in power.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:42   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

the most terrifying thing about how dull Brown is and how corrupt all his cronies are is that John Reid is in with a shout at being in charge of the country
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:42   #20
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
To be honest a lot of people were hoodwinked by shallow promises by Blair before the last election...at the time they were re-elected they were warned that in this term all failures were their own and couldnt be blamed on the previous tory government...because of this they have lost their way and it has started to become more apparent how much failings have crept in to their actions.
Blair has changed his mind on stepping down on 3 occasions now as he first announced he was going after the 2001 elections....this is why their is so much furore over it....and dont expect all this to be the end of it..now hes announced he is going dont be surprised to see votes of no confidence announced and leadership challenges occurring (altho not with brown to start with...he isnt that stupid apparently)

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:47   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
Blair has changed his mind on stepping down on 3 occasions now as he first announced he was going after the 2001 elections....this is why their is so much furore over it....
he said in 2005 that he would step down before the next election, but that's it. unless you're thinking of the "deal" with Brown (that there's no proof of but plenty of denials) that he'd make way after two terms?
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 22:59   #22
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

it was stated well before the last election that he was standing down....and the implications that he was going were in his speaches just after the 2001 election. Its why there was the big furore over it all when he made his announcement that he was seeing through the majority of this term just before the last election

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:02   #23
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The conservatives are much stronger now than they were before the last election. The Lib Dems are probably weaker though.

Also a lot of the things that the Labour party put in place in their second term are coming into effect and everyone is realising how shit they were.
This includes the NHS, education, Iraq, crime, immigration etc etc etc
On top of that the economy doesn't seem as indestructive as it did a few years ago, house prices are still going up and fuel prices are skyrocketing.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:05   #24
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What is it with politicians and Kirribilli Agreements?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:06   #25
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Depends who's actually running the show I guess; but yeah. In general, though, I think term limits are the win. Left to their own devices, politicians will almost always want to hang on too long. :/
However, you do end up losing the best politicians too soon. With seniority determining committee chairships, the older ones not constrained by term limits will never be replaced by the new bright sparks governed by these limits.

Quote:
Probably.

Imagine having a presidential election just as Watergate starts to unravel. Things might go really wrong but it's not obvious yet. The opposing candidate isn't a credible opponent and so Nixon gets voted back in, although his new Congress favours the Republicans a lot less in comparison to the massive Republican advantage in the two previous elections.

The figures:

1997 Final Result: Labour 419 seats, Conservatives 165 seats, Liberal Democrats 46 seats, Others 29 seats (majority of 179)
2001 Final Result: Labour 413 seats, Conservatives 166 seats, Liberal Democrats 52 seats, Others 28 seats (majority of 167)
2005 Final Result: Labour 356 seats, Conservatives 198 seats, Liberal Democrats 62 seats, Others 30 seats (majority of 66)

Furthermore, a charismatic young new leader (Clinton-esque) of the Conservative Party was recently elected to replace an experienced unelectable placeholder. The problem in 2005 was that despite Blair's problems, there was no credible alternative to him. In 2006, this is no longer the case. For example, would anyone but Clinton have defeated George Bush Snr.?

Blair's seemingly inevitable replacement is Gordon Brown, the man who has been the number 2 in the Blair Government for the last 9 years. He has been expected to succeed Blair for a long time, and at least until 2003/2004, everyone assumed that he would follow comfortably and would be a viable candidate for the public. However, would George Bush have succeeded Reagan if he wasn't up against Dukakis? The current argument amongst 'Brownites' is that he needs as much time as possible to form his own identifiable government after the handover before new elections, and a chance to come up with policies that will defeat Cameron. Others in the fragmenting Labour Party believe that neither Blair nor Brown are the future of the party, and that an alternative candidate is needed - e.g. if there had been a decent alternative to Al Gore for the Democrats in 2000.

Personally I don't believe that either Blair or Brown have a chance against Cameron. However, Alan Johnson (similar to Evan Bayh from what I can tell) is a strong potential candidate against Brown; John Reid is another candidate who would contest a Brown succession.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:14   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've lost faith in politics (although I don't remember ever having any to start with)

Basically whoever gets in will do the same spin/enforce stupid new laws/cock ups/war mongering/smile for the camera while you increase taxes crap as usual. So its just down to who you'd rather see on the front pages or hear on the tv.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:14   #27
Yahwe
I am.

a vote in Britain means that you vote for a representitive.

you vote for that representitive on a 4 year promise. that said representitive will do what you want him to do.

parties are a concept outside voting. they are a matter for those representitives. Churchill changed party 3 times.

britain does not elect a prime minister. because a prime minister is not relevant. when the election is finished those elected representitives choose to either join together and form a government. or not.

it is their choice.

A prime minister is appointed by her majesty on one criteria - that the majority of elected representitives agree that this one representitive should be prime minister.

Tony Blair is a British prime minister. he is prime minister because her majesty the queen asked him to be prime minister. We do not have an election to appoint a prime minister.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:20   #28
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I bet most of them know that the Prime Minister's son was taken ill in Barbados recently though!
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:23   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And yahwe you're right but the majority of the British public like to personify organisations (Virgin = Richard Branson, Microsoft = Bill Gates etc) because it helps them to identify with them. It's stupid but it's just how the media (and by "media" I mainly mean the tabloids) relate news and politics to us.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:26   #30
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I bet most of them know that the Prime Minister's son was taken ill in Barbados recently though!
please don't let me get started on that kettle of fish :/

pre labour government cause the scrapping of the royal yacht because of its cost.....yet the blair family outings every 3 months cost more than a years upkeep on what was the pride of the navy...

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:27   #31
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I took time and effort to explain what the Administrative and Regulatory Reform bill meant and it was then that i realised no one knew what a minister is,

was that your (their) fault?

I realised that no one had ever told the people. THE PEOPLE WHO VOTE! What a minister is. No one had even tried.

It is not your fault that you don't know something if no one has ever told you.