User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 Aug 2007, 12:36   #1
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
New class of vessel

Stealth Scanner ship

This ship in its simplest form, would be a research option. Once researched, it could be sent on a mission to get all the scans from the target planet on the landing tick (News, planet, resource, AU scan, Unit, all the scans.)

In a more complex form, you could have a research tree that lets the basic ship land and do, say, a News scan, and a Planet scan. Other scans would be researchable items.

To counter this, constructions could be built. If you go for the more complex ship research option, you could have a construction that can be built to counter each new type of ship.

----

This ship would allow some players, galaxies, clusters, alliances to actually do some intel on planets that have a lot of distorters. It would basically be another intelligence gathering method in game. The cost of using them of course is the fleet cost, and ETAs.

Ad
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 13:42   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New class of vessel

really no point in this idea, for every dist whore there is an amp whore
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 13:43   #3
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

I don't think many people would make use of that, specially when it will cost you a hole fleet spot. Not when you could just as easily ask someone in your galaxy/alliance/trans to do the scan for you.

And would that outgoing fleet come up on your opponents galaxy status when you launch?
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 14:42   #4
AdmV0rl0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
really no point in this idea, for every dist whore there is an amp whore
Not every player has full access to a scanner, or has only limited access, scanners off line, etc.

And, amp whores may have to consider building the constructions to block these vessels, rather than just dists..

Ad
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 14:54   #5
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
Not every player has full access to a scanner, or has only limited access, scanners off line, etc.
#transcendancy?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 16:51   #6
AdmV0rl0n

scans for other people = support planets ?
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 18:10   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The MHs are planning to make the support planet rule a lot clearer; scans for other people will not count as support planets.
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 18:40   #8
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

I don't like features that take away fleetslots as they are already scarce.

I would like something like a JGP and AU that you can do when close to a target. Like a JGP that only shows fleets with the same eta as you. Perhaps scanning could be something like: succes = amps/distorters*eta > 10
So that at eta 10 it is the same as now, but at eta 5 you need only half the amount of amps.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 02:07   #9
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
I would like something like a JGP and AU that you can do when close to a target. Like a JGP that only shows fleets with the same eta as you. Perhaps scanning could be something like: succes = amps/distorters*eta > 10
So that at eta 10 it is the same as now, but at eta 5 you need only half the amount of amps.
I think it is a very bright idea. Would you use the same system for FAs ?
I don't think AUs should be included, only scans on fleets moving towards yours (meaning the FA would require having at least 1 ship home).