User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:03   #1
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about
Lots of idea's

I know when people suggest new things to add to the game the response quite often is that will never work, next please. How about we judge things by how fun they can be and then let the clever people work out how to balance them in.

Oh If any of the ideas have being suggested before (they probally have)
I give kudos to those people.

Suicide Ships: These ships would target enemy ships destroying themselves in the process.

We could introduce them as a completely new ship class or race
Upgrade normal ships at a price
Introduce a new covert op options to sabotage your own engines

I’m guessing xp players might like these ships.

Wave scramblers: When people would fleet scan you the ships would report as incorrect. Lets say you where attacking someone with.

100 hornets.
200 roach.

You could specify beforehand and change it so it is reported as.

100 mosquito.
200 beetle.

You would have to change it so the numbers where exactly the same as your original fleet and you couldn’t put units you don’t have.

New covert op that tell you:

What is in production?
What is being researched?
What is being constructed?
Ability to sabotage production.
Abilty to sabotage, what’s in construction.
If a player has not logged in for a certain period of time say 24 hours
Scramble your fleet scan (wave scramblers see above)

Spy’s on enemy ships:

When an enemy fleet lands on your planet, you could send a spy back on his/her fleet and he/she would report back with a unit scan of the planet..

If they put in all those changes and made covert ops more effective like more ships destroyed, more cash stolen etc and the wave scramblers. It would make covert ops a more valuable option. That’s why I would introduce the new construction

Zokka’s elite spy academy

This Construction would make it so covert ops succeeded more or/and did more.

Thanks For reading

Note from Marv: Sorry but this font is not easy on the eyes and PATeam like things that are easy to read :-)

Last edited by Marv; 16 Jul 2006 at 19:57.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:54   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Lots of idea's

Any chance you could un-[/b] this post?

About the cov-op telling you if a player hasn't logged in for a certain amount of time: I think it's too much of a farmer potentional in it, so it's probably not a good thing to implement.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:55   #3
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zokka
I know when people suggest new things to add to the game the response quite often is that will never work, next please. How about we judge things by how fun they can be and then let the clever people work out how to balance them in.

Oh If any of the ideas have being suggested before (they probally have)
I give kudos to those people.
First thing, bold text is a pain to read so don't in future.

Quote:
Suicide Ships: These ships would target enemy ships destroying themselves in the process.

We could introduce them as a completely new ship class or race
Upgrade normal ships at a price
Introduce a new covert op options to sabotage your own engines

I’m guessing xp players might like these ships.
Would only work with certain types of xp setups, and will always be worse than just attacking with normal ships and losing a couple as you will lose more value.

Quote:
Wave scramblers: When people would fleet scan you the ships would report as incorrect. Lets say you where attacking someone with.

100 hornets.
200 roach.

You could specify beforehand and change it so it is reported as.

100 mosquito.
200 beetle.

You would have to change it so the numbers where exactly the same as your original fleet and you couldn’t put units you don’t have.
hmm. No idea how this one would work. I can't see where it would fit into the current game. Think it would also just be a pain for everyone as this would make fa and unit scans worthless to any new players who do not have the experience of playing to be able to work out what it is. So I vote no on this one as well.

Quote:

What is in production?
Personally I dont like Cov-ops and never have so I will let someone else comment on it

Quote:
Spy’s on enemy ships:

When an enemy fleet lands on your planet, you could send a spy back on his/her fleet and he/she would report back with a unit scan of the planet..
I dont get how this one would be at all useful. Seems to just promote retaliating, also seems to just be a silly way of unit scanning.
Quote:
Zokka’s elite spy academy

This Construction would make it so covert ops succeeded more or/and did more.
Never name something after you We already have this. They are called Security Centres
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:01   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zokka

What is in production?
I like the bit about being able to see whats in prod / res / cons que and the other sabotage ideas. The login and scamble I don't think would work or be to popular. I dont agree that you should be able to see last logins and the scrambling idea seems abit silly and then would cause conflics with distorters.

I shan't quote the rest of the post, I dont think is is a) posible or b) would go down well with the community / dev teams.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:03   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I laughed till I cried... Nice one
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:08   #6
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost every suggestion is towards cover ops and most are either not worth thinking about or not worth adding, but i do like the idea of wave scramblers maybe could be changed slightly but i think your on to something there

not having time to think it through, having wave scramblers to confuse fleet analysis scans could be a good idea (maybe with more ships, less ships, different names) as its increasingly harder to land an attack as the round goes on, tho its an extra so it should probably cost resources to use and the more times u use it or the bigger the fleet the more it costs.

Spys on enemy ships sent back after a land - maybe u have to build em, the planet u send them to can detect them and be killed and they ofc cost resources who report back everything in..
What is in production?
Scramble your fleet scan

spys would needed to be trained the better trained the spy the better chance they have of landing and vica verca the better the security planet and lower level spy is found out and either is destroyed or the spy reveals infomation on the sending planet
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:08   #7
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
First thing, bold text is a pain to read so don't in future.
I didn't it's Arial Black, sorry though
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:25   #8
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I'm not sure how plausible the ideas are for a main round, but could be a hoot in a speed round, free round or something like that.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:57   #9
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

What is in production? - yes
What is being researched? - yes
What is being constructed? - yes
Ability to sabotage production - no
Abilty to sabotage, what’s in construction - maybe
If a player has not logged in for a certain period of time say 24 hours - can be done with planet scan
Scramble your fleet scan (wave scramblers see above) - no
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:06   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
If a player has not logged in for a certain period of time say 24 hours - can be done with planet scan
What?
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 00:57   #11
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
What?
you see how much res they have piled up.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 19:44   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
you see how much res they have piled up.
no, it just shows that they haven't spent their resources.

As a CR Cath, I hardly bought any ships until I had my CR research done (and then spammed mass CR). You would have been caught out.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 00:16   #13
zokka

If planet scans tell you who doesn't log in then all the top players must have never logged in for weeks.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 03:07   #14
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
zokka:
What is in production?
surely these would be scans rather than coverts.

Another thing to consider is that introduceing new scans/coverts would mean a complete overhaul of the relevent tech tree and how long scans would take etc. Also I doubt that the reserch and construction scans would be used much after the first coupple of weeks and the production one would be very powerful.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:06   #15
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Why not a new covert op that would send a team of agents to try to steal ships?

Ofc you'd steal only a limited number... Similar to the blow ships operation, but just the guys would get into the ship & fly it back to you instead of destroying it?

That could be used by other races to gain a bit of advantage compared to ziks who can do it 'naturally'.
SpookyVince is offline   Reply With Quote