User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Jul 2003, 13:18   #1
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
Terminator 3

Best one yet?

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 13:22   #2
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
You must be joking it's nowhere near as good at number 2!
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 13:24   #3
-o|DarkJedi|o-

maybe ive just seen 2 too much :/

Unread 28 Jul 2003, 13:28   #4
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Perhaps. Won't be watching 3 very much though. Liked the way they mentioned having postponed the war, which gives credance to the film when in the second the war was to begin in 1997.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 13:36   #5
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

It's a good film, but 2 is still my favourite.

"i like your snake"

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 14:04   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
I havent seen it yet but answer me one thing; Is it set into the future. I mean really into the future, not a couple of years for now?
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 14:19   #7
HAL-9000
I'm great!

No. It is set now. 2003. Sorry to disappoint. There are no robot armies. No T101's. 'Tis not fantastic.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 14:32   #8
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Havent you seen the matrix? This really isnt 2003 you know.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 15:01   #9
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
Havent you seen the matrix? This really isnt 2003 you know.

But how can you know that for sure? Seeing as how nobody knows what year it really is?

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 15:35   #10
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
heh ive got an idea, lets get rid of everything we did in t2 and eliminate sarah connor in just one line of script each!
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 15:52   #11
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by HAL-9000
No. It is set now. 2003. Sorry to disappoint. There are no robot armies. No T101's. 'Tis not fantastic.
F*ck
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:01   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
#1 was clearly the best just for the ambience
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:07   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
#1 was clearly the best just for the ambience

The scene where he walks out of the bar in his leather jacket, grabs the bartender's shotgun and drives off on a harley to the sound of "bad to the bone" is definitely one of my all-time favourite action movie moments.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:15   #14
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Plus the bit in #2 where he goes into Linda Hamilton's arms cache, looks around, picks up the mini-gun and a little smirk comes into the corner of his mouth.

Marvellous.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:18   #15
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
The scene where he walks out of the bar in his leather jacket, grabs the bartender's shotgun and drives off on a harley to the sound of "bad to the bone" is definitely one of my all-time favourite action movie moments.
That's #2.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:19   #16
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
best bit of the film is when he takes the queers clothes and goes outside looking all tough then puts on the pink sunglasses.
also when they gay guy says talk to the hand and arnie imintates him
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:30   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
That's #2.

You sure? I was pretty sure that's the first film, the "I need your clothes" line.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:40   #18
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
You sure? I was pretty sure that's the first film, the "I need your clothes" line.
Yeah, saw it yesterday.
Of course he asks for clothes in the first film too but not in the same way. Just on a street somewhere I think.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:45   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Yeah, saw it yesterday.
Of course he asks for clothes in the first film too but not in the same way. Just on a street somewhere I think.

I'm jealous. I lost my t2 video :(
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 17:26   #20
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
best bit of T2 is the storm drain chase...

or the 'that's a damn mini gun' cyberdyne sequence..

12 years old and it still blows me away

+ james cameron > *
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 20:35   #21
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle...
...motorzycle...

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 10:08   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I felt, although being a reasonable film in its own right, it was more of a stop-gap, for the inevitable Terminator 4. I mean, the Rise of the machines is explained now, we know how it happens, we're not sure why it happens, but if the next film doesnt involve a ****load of fancy looking robots, laser blasters, huge battles, and other cool ****, I'm going to kill somebody, really.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 15:05   #23
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
I really enjoyed it, hard to really put it higher or lower than t2, as both are equally as great in their own rights.

but t3 definately had the best chase scene i have ever seen, when i saw the hook go down the drain, the smile on my face was bigger than ronalds.
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 02:32   #24
W
Gubbish

Harder to empathise with the characters in T3, it's like the movie more observes them from a distance. The ending was a bit obvious from the office scene onwards, but a good buildup for a T4.

The jokes, especially the deeper ones, was brilliant.
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 03:57   #25
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
An awful lot of problems.

Also meh was a bit disapointed with the T-X. Of course this would be due to the t1000 in t2 being difficult to improve on.

2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 > 1
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 15:13   #26
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
T-X > *
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 15:20   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I won't be watching it, because I've been told he actually says "She'll be back", and don't want to risk it being true. That line would ruin the whole Terminator series.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 15:30   #28
-o|DarkJedi|o-

Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
heh ive got an idea, lets get rid of everything we did in t2 and eliminate sarah connor in just one line of script each!
that was teh best bit!!!

Unread 3 Aug 2003, 15:31   #29
-o|DarkJedi|o-

Quote:
its his new version of this scene that won me over actually...

quality moment

Unread 3 Aug 2003, 15:37   #30
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I won't be watching it, because I've been told he actually says "She'll be back", and don't want to risk it being true. That line would ruin the whole Terminator series.
It's just in there so they can use it in the trailer. The actual moment is hardly noticeworthy, certainly noone in the cinema laughed.
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 15:48   #31
-o|DarkJedi|o-

He didn't need to say 'I'll be back' in this one, cause there's a key moment in the film where you'll find yourself thinking it for him ... least thats how it worked with me...

I also don't think any other terminator film will include Arnie, either so maybe it's fitting he doesn't say it in this one

Unread 4 Aug 2003, 16:56   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Arnie beats up hillbilly types at the start of 2, so that's clearly the best.

If only those Prohibition mobs had been in possession of Arnie when they attacked all those bars... it would have been the end of alcohol.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 17:08   #33
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
I'm back
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote