User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:16   #1
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
Wallace and Gromit

I've watched all the films several times now.

I've had the Close Shave poster on my wall for quite a while now.

They are fkin hilarious!

The way they move, speak, look, eat and everything!

NOW YOU KNOW THAT!

PS. Is the maker behind Wallace and Gromit the same as the maker behind Robbie the Reindeer?
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:48   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wallace and Gromit

Quote:
Originally posted by Golin
PS. Is the maker behind Wallace and Gromit the same as the maker behind Robbie the Reindeer?
Dont think so, but they are very cool
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:16   #3
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

They are fkin hilarious!

NOW YOU KNOW THAT!

he did do chicken run thou
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:59   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nope, but my uncle knows the guy who made wallace and gromit, and i know where he lives :ninja:
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:53   #5
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
"THE CRACKERS GROMIT, WE'VE FORGOTTEN THE CRACKERS!!!!"
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 12:46   #6
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a poster from 'the wrong trousers' of wallace on a trolly with a net and gromit on the train chasing the penguin
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:33   #7
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Is it me or does there seem to only be a very limited number of episodes, so far I've seen 3-4 and then they repeat themselves?

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:34   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's 3.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:36   #9
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nope, its Nick Park. He did Creature Comforts as well as a few shorts - one of which was a really cool one using some old guy describing his life during WWII.

Eee thats Grand!

for the google challenged
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:41   #10
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
There's 3.
That's what I thought, which puzzles me even more how a show with only three episodes can achieve cult status!?

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:44   #11
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
That's what I thought, which puzzles me even more how a show with only three episodes can achieve cult status!?

=[DJ Bass]=
Same as the Creature Comforts shorts, there wasnt much but what there was was class
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:45   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Before A Close Shave came out a couple of years ago, it was a show with 2 episodes.

You might as well say 'How can films achieve cult status? THERES ONLY ONE OF THEM!'
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:52   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Before A Close Shave came out a couple of years ago, it was a show with 2 episodes.

You might as well say 'How can films achieve cult status? THERES ONLY ONE OF THEM!'
yes but films have much more narrative in them. there doen't seem to be any deep character building in wallace & grommit, no real explanation of their past nothing to associate with. your only given enough to pick up that wallace is a crack-pot inventor with a strange obsession for cheese and crackers.

I'm not saying it's not a good show just hardly anything exceptional.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:55   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

They're funny!
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:00   #15
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
They're funny!
must be a pommy thing (considering it is a pommy show after all I suppose)

Perhaps if it were the crocdile hunter with his pet kangeroo inventing BBQ's that launch into space while fulfilling his obession for snags I might have something to associate with

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:07   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's the minor wit that's everywhere.

Plus Gromit in general.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:15   #17
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
what the hell is a snag?
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:26   #18
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
what the hell is a snag?
sausage

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:39   #19
CjC
Throwing Shapes

Quote:
sausage

=[DJ Bass]=
Cant use the expression "We've hit a snag" in Oz then
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:53   #20
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

They are fkin hilarious!

NOW YOU KNOW THAT!

They made Chiken Run and that was ACE!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:56   #21
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by CjC
Cant use the expression "We've hit a snag" in Oz then
You could if you ran into a huge sausage.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 15:40   #22
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

=[DJ Bass]=
Back to the Future and The Matrix are the two that spring to mind... there are plenty more out there.

at the time they were/are in "cult" status.

and before u say it, the wallace and gromits are SHORT FILMS. Hence why they got an oscar for one of them (cant remember which one them off the top of my head).
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote