User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:03   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
cookies

ok so i'm baking some chocolate chip cookies and i was wondering if any of you have some good cookie recipies you'd like to share :P
or just name some good kinds of cookies and maybe later i'll look for the recipe
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:04   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Apple/cinnamon cookies so rock
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:05   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
don't waste your time cooking, buy some smarties cookies (if they have them over there) and microwave them for about 30secs. ACER THEN ACE!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:09   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
we have alot of cookie spices here in holland

I don't know if you ever heard of 'speculaas' but it ****ing rocks.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:11   #5
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
hmm.. nope never heard of it :\
never heard of cookie spices either...

smarties cookies are easy to make though embroglio
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:12   #6
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
smarties cookies are easy to make though embroglio
I'm too lazy for cooking, or anything for that matter. ;/
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:13   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
we have alot of cookie spices here in holland

I don't know if you ever heard of 'speculaas' but it ****ing rocks.
[obvious reply]
and you are also allowed to legally buy some nice ingredients in holland
[/obvious reply]
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:24   #8
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
I'm too lazy for cooking, or anything for that matter. ;/
lazy :\

homemade ALWAYS tastes better than storebought. that is if the cookies were made right :P
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:24   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
[obvious reply]
and you are also allowed to legally buy some nice ingredients in holland
[/obvious reply]
oh yes space muffins rule ;P

but anyway aryn,

20 grams of cinnamon
5 grams of fineground clove bud
5 grams nutmeg
3 grams of gingerpowder
1 gram of cardamom

add to taste to basic hard sugar cookie dough
it should turn brown and taste of colonial times

I think this is the first time a dutchman exports the recipe :/
I hpe I don't get fatwah'ed..
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:25   #10
Embroglio

Quote:
lazy :\

homemade ALWAYS tastes better than storebought. that is if the cookies were made right :P
Storebought cookies take less time to aquire.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:25   #11
Aryn
Happy

oooh.. i'll hafta try xtrasyn

(quickly writes it down before the authorities intervene)
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:26   #12
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
couldnt go telling you the family secrets now could i
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:30   #13
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
oooh.. i'll hafta try xtrasyn

(quickly writes it down before the the authorities intervene)
Personal tip: add 3 grams of aniseed. It will make them smell deadly attractive.

edit: ground aniseed, tbp...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:34   #14
Aryn
Happy

thanks
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:38   #15
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Geez you got me going... :P

I prefer to use bashed nuts for cookie filling than chocolate chips

better for you and all that

hazel and almond and royal walnut are made for cookies
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:39   #16
Aryn
Happy

i don't really like walnuts too much :\
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:43   #17
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
i don't really like walnuts too much :\
I was told you have a different variety over there

here it's flesh really light and sweet - opposed to reports of them being dark and 'bitter' from the americas.

Walnut parfait is so yummie it hurts.

How in gods name did I manage to not get fat. I so love food and its preparation.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:46   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Hmmm..somewhere, i have a recipie for some smashing cookies.
But, i could not find it!
Will share if i do.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:47   #19
Aryn
Happy

hehe

yah walnuts here are sorta 'bitter'
the only way i can describe the taste is 'yucky' :P
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:51   #20
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

If you are really kinky in tastes you can opt for combinations of cajun pepper, aniseed and green spices like mint or dill with something sweet like peach or chocolate.

yes. I will make some tomorrow.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 00:10   #21
Aryn
Happy

mail me some!
i've never really experimented with flavours in cookies :\
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 06:31   #22
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Too bad, since there are so much good flavours...

I'll see if I have time to bake some; I think I was too optimistic (I don't have much time atm) but if I do I will mail you some.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 06:32   #23
Aryn
Happy

hurray! \o/
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 06:35   #24
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

I can see the chemical inspection teams bent over the cookies already...

"Whaddaya think it is, John?"
"Ah dunno Jack, but it sure smells of aniseed. Should we blow it up?"
"Nah man it's from Holland, not Afghanistan..."
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:44   #25
Aryn
Happy

:\
then the bastard postal workers will eat them all and say 'oops.. must have gotten lost in the mail'

stupid postal workers :\