User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Mar 2003, 19:08   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
The Jimmy Saville Dedication Thread

This thread is totally dedicated to the greatness that is Jimmy Saville. A legend in every right.

Born in Leeds, Jimmy Saville was the eldest of 7 children. His first job at 14 was a coalface worker, then a scrap metal seller. He used to all-in wrestle two nights a week. His first taste of the 'pop' industry was as an assistant manager for Leeds Locarno (Mecca Club). He later shot to fame on Radio Luxembourg in the 1960's. He was voted top British disc jockey for several years in that decade, by various magazines.

in 1964, he presented the first BBC 'Top of the Pops' music programme on television.

He held a record for running up the BT tower in London, and is well known for running and walking marathons across the UK in aid of many good causes.

He is famous for his outlandish clothes, Rolls Royce, cigar, jewellery and catch phrases such as 'how's about that, then', 'now then, now then', 'guys and gals' and 'eaeh eh eaeh eh'. By the mid 70's he was fronting the popular "Jim'll Fix It" show on BBC1. Jimmy Saville was awarded an OBE.

Jimmy is also well remembered in the UK for his parts in long-running television commercials for British Rail (this is the age.........of the train) and 'Clunk Click every trip' public information films.

Surprisingly, Jimmy was not one of the original team of D.J.'s on the new BBC 'Pop' station, starting instead nine months later. Here, he hosted 'Saville's Travels', a 'youth' chat show where he travelled up and down the country with a tape recorder chatting to people and playing records. In one episode, he climbed Ben Nevis in the middle of winter. Later he presented 'The Old Record Club' (the show's theme tune was The In Crowd by the Ramsey Lewis Trio) on Radio 1, Sunday afternoons until 1987.

A popular personality with one of the highest profiles ever, he has raised millions for charity.

Pictures of THE LEGEND:

HOWS ABOUT

JIM WILL FIX IT FOR YOU!

Not for vaginas! FOR JIMMY'S MOUTH!

BLING BLING BLING

Look at all the people he helped, and he looks like CHRIS TARRANT!

Jimmy and his posse with a cripple. THIS MAN HAS A HEART. I wouldn't go near a cripple.

HOWS ABOUT THAT THEN?!?!?! HOWS ABOUT?!?! Please post your happy memories about Jim.
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 19:13   #2
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Jim was my hero as a lad, and look how I turned out. If I was american I would sue :/
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 19:17   #3
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
i would say that jimmy Saville lived next door to me, but he didn't it was that other guy that owns the strip clubs

can't rember his name, his got long hair
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 19:17   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
peter stringfellow
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 19:34   #5
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
yea him
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 20:55   #6
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
i always thought he could get me sex that would be the problem he d fix
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 21:03   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
NOT ENOUGH RESPECT FOR JIMMY
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 22:20   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Did the geezer die or something?
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 23:59   #9
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
He is also the only living person to have a memorial bench in Scarborough (He claims)
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 00:15   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My favourite memory of Jim'll Fix It was when he had Mike Oldfield and his band on. It was the first time I had ever heard anything by him and I was full of anticipation. Oldfield and his band played an except from I think Tubular Bells. I quickly realised that it was pretentious bollox

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 00:17   #11
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Jim didnt fix it for me

The ****er
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 00:22   #12
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Despite the name of the show Jim never managed to sort out my Lottery "application" like i asked him to.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 00:33   #13
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
Despite the name of the show Jim never managed to sort out my Lottery "application" like i asked him to.
he also can't make your "girlfriend" legal. it's beyond his "powers"
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 00:38   #14
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
he also can't make your "girlfriend" legal. it's beyond his "powers"

It's only illegal if you get caught.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 00:41   #15
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
It's only illegal if you get caught.
You're a bad bad man
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 00:42   #16
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
You're a bad bad man :(

Whose head is filled with bad bad thoughts.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 01:32   #17
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
My favourite memory of Jim'll Fix It was when he had Mike Oldfield and his band on. It was the first time I had ever heard anything by him and I was full of anticipation. Oldfield and his band played an except from I think Tubular Bells. I quickly realised that it was pretentious bollox

Vaio
I do hope you have listened to the whole of Tubular Bells, it rawks as background music
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 04:12   #18
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
so wanted to be on jim'll fix it
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 06:25   #19
Dreadnought!

taaadaaa