User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 02:01   #1
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Championship manager 4

Just got the demo from irc and it looks pretteh damn sweet gonna play it al night \o/
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 04:44   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
yeah, just played it for like half an hour. its a bit strange, but good.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 07:32   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Great as always.

I'm waiting for the full verse to pounce up commercial.

Gaming industry is clearly after my money. CM4 and Moo3 both being dragged to market at roughly the same time, forcing me to splash money.

Tits.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 09:38   #4
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Their site is still down, the demo's meant to be out soonish and I hate the wait :(
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 09:59   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
DL it from the dugout.

CM dugout

if the link is right
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:12   #6
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Good point. But it's still 42 minutes away :(((((

oh and it's http://www.thedugout.net/ btw
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:13   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Mkay, I've never bothered to actually type the URL, I've always googled it, but I thougth you might find a verse there.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:17   #8
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

I got it from a mirror on the main cm forums which are still running.

However it looks crap and is going to take a hell of a lot of getting used to.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:20   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Well, it may look like crap, but hey, didn't CM3 look weird when it appeared in the first shots when you were used to CM2?

In the end, it's a lot better.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:43   #10
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

The 2D match engine is about 50 thousand times better than I thought it would be though. Plus the bugs are flooding in on the forums, I've already spotted a couple - means more delay :/
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:45   #11
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
if cm3's anything to go buy, the game wont be bugless for at least 6 months...

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:49   #12
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
That must be the most boring game ever made
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:59   #13
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Well any game that allows me to win 3-0 with Sheff Wed and loan in about 5 internationals rocks.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:01   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by -o|DarkJedi|o-
if cm3's anything to go buy, the game wont be bugless for at least 6 months...
err... yes... no?

Okay, a bug in loaning deals, or?
The biggest problem with championship managers is that they are a bit easy to hardcore managers.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:02   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
The 2D match engine is about 50 thousand times better than I thought it would be though. Plus the bugs are flooding in on the forums, I've already spotted a couple - means more delay :/
The demo is just a cut down version of the BETA....its not the final product thats due for release next month. Hopefully any bugs spotted by those of us downloading now would have been picked up by the beta team ages ago
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:06   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

Wakey´s right, prolly they have been fixing bugs but not for the demo yet

HOPEFULLY.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:06   #17
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
The demo is just a cut down version of the BETA....its not the final product thats due for release next month. Hopefully any bugs spotted by those of us downloading now would have been picked up by the beta team ages ago
Well yes, but they've got a known bugs thread already set up and it didn't include obvious ones like the fact that you couldn't search for players on a free transfer only.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:07   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

That's quite bad, Dogsey.

Fagwits...

Well, hopes up.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 17:32   #19
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
the game is more suited for a 17" screen just looks really small on my 15" screen
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:08   #20
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I got the game. It's so wicked. Only £30 with CM4 water bottle & 2 V drinks.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:13   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I have here the official strategy guide , which upon reading , i realise tells me nothing i didnt already know , other than how to use Suicidal "Hail Mary" tactics , and how to properly use the new training screens , which i needed to know if im honest.

How can ANYONE play with Leicester though , knowing your club has a £54 million loan to pay off?

And did everyone know that the team in the game with the MOST debt is in fact not Leeds , or Chelsea , or even Everton , but NEWCASTLE UNITED.

Although since its on a 20 year loan , i dont think its as much of an issue.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:15   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Oh , and yet again , Wigan are the dominant team in Division 2 , and should , with a remotely competent manager , EASILY ace both Division 2 and Division 1 of the nationwide in consecutive seasons.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:20   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm seriously pissed off with CM4, even though it's a great game. My PC is only 400mhz and the minimum spec is 600mhz

The annoying thing is that it doesn't even let you load it - unless anyone knows how to get round this?
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:21   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The best thing is the save selection button.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:25   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

The best thing is FINALLY being able to tell the press "My star player had an absoloute blinder today , i cant believe how lucky we are to have him"

or

"My star player was useless today. Why the hell are we paying him money. Someone come and take this useless sack of crap off my payroll".
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:26   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
That too.

And the 2D match engine.

And the transfer/contract things.

etc
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:30   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
That too.

And the 2D match engine.

And the transfer/contract things.

etc
And the training section being more than 4 boxes , and proper coaching stats where more than 1 stat matters , and the fact more players are accurately represented , and of course , the two greatest hidden stats EVER

Eccentricity and Controversy
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:31   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'd say it's pretty perfect apart from the stats layout, but I'll get used to that.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:32   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Theres a "Sportsmanship" stat as well. Players with low sportsmanship are likely to dive more and fake injuries more to get players booked/sent off.

Im betting Franny Jeffers has 1 out of 200 Sportsmanship.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:34   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Don't forget italians!
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:47   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Don't forget italians!

Im waiting on Graeme Kelly's first Editor program , so i can see if im right , and if Paolo has a high Controversy scpre.

Remember , Paolo is very sporting. Hes proved it a number of times.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:52   #32
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
i will get this soon

probably when student loan comes through
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:54   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Does anyone here reckon they can make it to I16 and get a HUGE LAN version of this going , now that theyve solved the whole server issue things for LAN games?
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:01   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I can
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:13   #35
Homerio
Furious Angel

Homerio is an unknown quantity at this point
i shall be attending i16 with cm4 aswell

i did have a little scare when i won my first 3 champions league games and the news screen said arsenal get knocked out of champions cup (or words to that effect) when i ahd qualified as top of the group after 3 games

<Slava> If we quit pa and take up residence in a new game that would be better. Take our organisation, alliance, and skills elsewhere.
<Hathor^> hyperiums
<Hathor^> Dark Galaxy
<Slava> anything will do.
* Slava imagines team-deathmatch-hopscotch
Homerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:15   #36
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Homerio
i shall be attending i16 with cm4 aswell

i did have a little scare when i won my first 3 champions league games and the news screen said arsenal get knocked out of champions cup (or words to that effect) when i ahd qualified as top of the group after 3 games

Ive downloaded the update patch for that , just to prevent such instances.

However , as ive got Partick Thistle , the CL is a while away for me.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:23   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

There's a bug that I've been drawn in the 2nd group stage with a club that I had in the first.

But that's not the main issue.

The main issue is that they're PSV, Inter and Arsenal.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:28   #38
Homerio
Furious Angel

Homerio is an unknown quantity at this point
i suppose the patch also stops u loaning people like mr aimar for little amounts of cash as you could before

<Slava> If we quit pa and take up residence in a new game that would be better. Take our organisation, alliance, and skills elsewhere.
<Hathor^> hyperiums
<Hathor^> Dark Galaxy
<Slava> anything will do.
* Slava imagines team-deathmatch-hopscotch
Homerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:31   #39
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Homerio
i suppose the patch also stops u loaning people like mr aimar for little amounts of cash as you could before

It fixes about 50 known bugs. Theres a complete list on the SI Forums.

Hopefully it solves the invisible player bug as well.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:36   #40
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
It fixes about 50 known bugs. Theres a complete list on the SI Forums.

Hopefully it solves the invisible player bug as well.
i think their forums people think im a bot.
twice ive tried to register, and twice ive got deleted without being activated
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:45   #41
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
i think their forums people think im a bot.
twice ive tried to register, and twice ive got deleted without being activated

Not calling your account "Newsbot" would probably help. These accounts are manually authorised my friend.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 02:02   #42
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Not calling your account "Newsbot" would probably help. These accounts are manually authorised my friend.
it has a 3 on the end!

not my fault they are stupid
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 02:08   #43
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
just noticed the team form is ****ed up (yes i got the enhancement pack)

according to the team form tab, no one in the league has lost in the last 5 games and most of them have won every game
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 02:16   #44
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
cannot wait to get that game.
I have wasted away sooo many hours of my life on cm 00/01 and i'm sick and tired of Tore Andre Flo being Chelsea's best player and West Ham still having Steve Potts etc etc
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 03:18   #45
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmmm, i have a tough choice now.

Play more freelancer and explore and get the best ship n stuff.
Or get CM4 tomorrow which involves getting up, going into town and getting back in time for the rugby to start.

Ill see what time i wake up
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 11:48   #46
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
told you it would be full of bugs

im definately gonna wait a few weeks

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 13:03   #47
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

How can ANYONE play with Leicester though , knowing your club has a £54 million loan to pay off?
Hoof it. Play some of the most mindnumbingly dull football in the first division. It works for Micky Adams$£!"@~$!
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 13:48   #48
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

I'm afraid the demo and beta for cm4 have proven it is so utterly dull, cumbersome, slow and simplistic as to be the most disappointing game ever.

Please someone attempt to argue that; the interface is actually easy and not mind-bendingly frustrating to use. That the tactics don't seem like a 5 year old could use them. That the match doesn't go past in a flash when using the 2d screen and that the commentary isn't slow when you use the normal method.

It's just not Championship Manager any more.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 15:05   #49
Tietäjä
Good Son

You can plug off the 2D Pitch. That's what I did. But the matches are still ****ing slow compared to the older versions of CM.

It really kneels down my athlon 1200. With 256 RAM (Only, it seems, in this case). Never would've seen this coming .

But it's great still. I need a comp hardware update to be able to enjoy it though.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 15:35   #50
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

It chugs a bit on my Celeron 633 , but ive got 512 Meg Ram to asisst it.

If i upgrade the processor , i should be fine. Im likely to pick up a decent laptop to play it on at I-16 , so im sorted.