User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:32   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
riddle me this

http://www.languid.net/nr/begin.htm

anyone up for a bit of riddling?

oh and you might want to install a popup killer before you start
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:35   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Got past the first part

Invoke The Vegetarian

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:38   #3
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

CONGRATULATIONS! STAGE 1 PART 2 PASSED!

You don't know what you're missing if you're not playing this.

Invoke The Vegetarian

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:39   #4
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm on 1.3 now, and kinda stuck.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:40   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hm, 1.3 isn't particularly obvious.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:41   #6
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

I agree.

Any ideas?

Invoke The Vegetarian

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:41   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
just started b4 i posted link and stuck on 1.4 :/

edit: got it \0/
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:44   #8
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Clearly what we need is a PA-GD Team

Invoke The Vegetarian

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:45   #9
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
google is your friend.

except for part 1.3
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:46   #10
Ragnarak

should we all help each other or do it on our own?

don't wanna spoil it for anyone doing it on their own and we don't have any sort of spoiler tags here :/
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:47   #11
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Help each other. teamwork > *

PM style, maybe

Invoke The Vegetarian

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:48   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The game does state that you should cooperate, although spoiler tags would be a very handy addition at this point.

Having said that, still stuck on 1.3
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:51   #13
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

I really have no idea for 1.3

I even tried loading ???????????Ltd.htm

Invoke The Vegetarian

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:53   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Any spoilers - do it by PM. this is entertaining.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:54   #15
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

irc.netgamers.org #riddle

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:56   #16
Ragnarak

am there
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:58   #17
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
ditto
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 14:08   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

tritto
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 14:39   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

1.6 is driving me nuts!

(Pun not intended)
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 14:43   #20
agrokid
Bean Bag

agrokid is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm 3 is a lot more difficult that 1 or 2
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 14:44   #21
Ragnarak

(Angry Men) + (Steps) + (You???) + (Monkeys) + (How far under the sea?) + (How many were flying over a type of clock's nest?) + (Number of Magnificent AND the number of the famous ones as well) + (How many morrows never die?) + (How many brothers for brides?) + (Oceans) + (A funeral, any weddings?) + (th element) + (How many towers?) + (RIP race) + (And interstellar affair set in which year again?) + (Head in box) + (How many days after?) + (Smoking containers of beer) + (The state of Britain) + (Vicious circle) = ?

that is 1.7

think we might need to work together to get this ;(
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:03   #22
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

#riddle teamwork utterly caned it

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:07   #23
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
(12 Angry Men) + (39 Steps) + (You???) + (Monkeys) + (40000 How far under the sea?) + (1 How many were flying over a type of clock's nest?) + (7 Number of Magnificent AND the number of the famous ones as well) + (How many morrows never die?) + (7 How many brothers for brides?) + (5 or 11 Oceans) + (4 A funeral, any weddings?) + (229? th element) + (3 How many towers?) + (RIP race) + (And interstellar affair set in which year again?) + (Head in box) + (How many days after?) + (Smoking containers of beer) + (The state of Britain) + (Vicious circle) = ?

that is 1.7

think we might need to work together to get this ;(
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:10   #24
Ragnarak

too late gayle we just did that one

:/ and the next one

get on irc tho
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:12   #25
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
too late gayle we just did that one

:/ and the next one

get on irc tho
At work so no IRC for me
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:12   #26
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
1.9 = evhul
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:15   #27
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
At work so no IRC for me
cgi:irc a no go too?
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:17   #28
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
cgi:irc a no go too?
No, I got in trouble for it already

I underestimated the capabilities of our firewall in picking out anomalous traffic

Any you get stuck on post here though, I might be able to help
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:25   #29
Ragnarak

CONGRATULATIONS! STAGE 1 PART 11 PASSED!
Your on the second of the Trivia triplet (the clue to how many there is is in the name )

1) Which USA state was Dolly Parton born in?

2) What mythical creature means a swiss banker?

3) Finish this name; Creedence Clearwater ...... ?

4) It is believed that the pope is elected in a direct line from?

5) What is Quincy well known for working as?

6) At one end of the M1 is London, the other end, ends at?

7) What is the most common nickname for the borough 'City of London'?

8) Who was married to Hera but also her sibling?

9) Who was Joseph's (the one with the fancy coat) youngest brother?

10) Which Austrialia state is known as the garden state?

11) Catnip (the stuff that makes cats go mad) is a type of which herb?
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:33   #30
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS! STAGE 1 PART 11 PASSED!
Your on the second of the Trivia triplet (the clue to how many there is is in the name )

1) Which USA state was Dolly Parton born in?
Tennessee

2) What mythical creature means a swiss banker?
Gnome (gnomes of Zurich)

3) Finish this name; Creedence Clearwater ...... ?
Revival

4) It is believed that the pope is elected in a direct line from?
Peter

5) What is Quincy well known for working as?
Medical Examiner

6) At one end of the M1 is London, the other end, ends at?
Wetherby (possibly Leeds)

7) What is the most common nickname for the borough 'City of London'?
The Smoke

8) Who was married to Hera but also her sibling?
Zeus

9) Who was Joseph's (the one with the fancy coat) youngest brother?
Benjamin

10) Which Austrialia state is known as the garden state?
Victoria

11) Catnip (the stuff that makes cats go mad) is a type of which herb?
Valerianaceae
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:37   #31
Ragnarak

we had sphinx for 2 not gnome

catnip is a mint ;p

london is 'the square mile' we thought
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:39   #32
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
we had sphinx for 2 not gnome
Definitely Gnome
Quote:
catnip is a mint ;p
DOH!
Quote:
london is 'the square mile' we thought
Um...I missed the little word 'borough'
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:44   #33
Asper

LoL I'm not getting it at all Not even the first part.

Might have to do with my primary language not being english. I've read the whole thing over and I'm like wtf? lol. And I've always been quite good at riddles
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:48   #34
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
gayle

1) Joseph Farwell invented?

2) What type of creature is a Basilisk?

3) Who led the 1966 winning world cup team (i.e. The captain)?

4) Which city is the group Oasis from?

5) Who is Pip's convict benefactor?

6) Which play do actors believe it is unlucky to mutter it's name?

7) Which archangel is said to have defeated Satan?

8) What name is given to crystalline elements / compounds of which rocks are made?

9) Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork were members of which group ?

10) Where does the Jalapeno Chili come from (Hell is not the answer) ?

11) Who saw the burning bush?

12) Who said 'I don't see any American Dream, I see an American Nightmare'?

answers pleasee
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:48   #35
Ragnarak

1.12 done \0/

asper: 'a word'
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:49   #36
Asper

Quote:
1.12 done \0/

asper: 'a word'
Did that first time around duh lol, but it didn't work, but I found out why it didn't work now
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 15:59   #37
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
gayle

1) Joseph Farwell invented?
Barbed wire.

2) What type of creature is a Basilisk?
Snake with ****erel wings and a dragon's tail. ALso known as a ****atrice.

3) Who led the 1966 winning world cup team (i.e. The captain)?
Bobby Moore.

4) Which city is the group Oasis from?
Manchester.

5) Who is Pip's convict benefactor?
Magwitch.

6) Which play do actors believe it is unlucky to mutter it's name?
Macbeth.

7) Which archangel is said to have defeated Satan?
Michael.

8) What name is given to crystalline elements / compounds of which rocks are made?
Minerals???

9) Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork were members of which group ?
Monkees.

10) Where does the Jalapeno Chili come from (Hell is not the answer) ?
Mexico.

11) Who saw the burning bush?
Moses.

12) Who said 'I don't see any American Dream, I see an American Nightmare'?
Malcolm Little (Malcolm X).

answers pleasee
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:06   #38
Ragnarak

soz gayle already done that one

basilisk is a lizard

and tis 'the monkees'

next one is bad tho :/
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:09   #39
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
next one is bad tho :/
Well gimme then!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:12   #40
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Mr Purple met Mr Yellow, they hated each other and were green with envy every time they met each other, you see Mr Purple longed to be Yellow more than anything in the world, and vice versa Mr Purple longed to be Yellow like Mr Yellow almost as much as Mr Yellow wanted to be Purple, but not quite as much. As you can see Mr Yellow wanted to be Purple more than Mr Purple wanted to be Yellow, but only a little.

((How many colours shown above) + (Number of times yellow appears) - (number of times green appears)) * (Number of times purple appears)

heres the source

PHP Code:
<p align="center"><font color="#008000">Mr</font> <font color="#800080"><span style="background-color: #FFFF00">Purple</span></font>
      <
font color="#008000">met</font> <font color="#FF00FF">Mr</font> <font color="#FFFF00"><span style="background-color: #800080">Yellow</span></font>,
      <
font color="#00FFFF">they hated each other and were green with envy </font><font color="#000080">every time</font><font color="#00FFFF">

they met each other,</font> <span style="background-color: #008000"><font color="#FF00FF">you
      see Mr
</font> <font color="#800080">Purple</fontlonged to be <font color="#FFFF00">Yellow</font></span>
      <
span style="background-color: #FF00FF">more than anything in the world,
      and 
vice versa Mr <font color="#800080">Purple</fontlonged to be Yellow
      like Mr 
<font color="#FFFF00">Yellow</fontalmost as much as Mr <font color="#FFFF00">Yellow</font>

wanted to be <font color="#800080">Purple</font></span>, <span style="background-color: #00FFFF">but
      not quite 
as much.&nbsp; As you can see Mr <font color="#00FF00">Yellow</font>

wanted to be <font color="#000080">Purple</fontmore than Mr <font color="#800080">Purple</font>

wanted to be <font color="#0000FF">Yellow</font>, but only a little.</span></p
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:14   #41
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
[b]
You must be joking right? You can work that out surely!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:18   #42
Ragnarak

heh

we got it

tho the page was in html, they source isn't part of the question, just we couldn't copy and paste the colours for you
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:20   #43
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
heh

we got it

tho the page was in html, they source isn't part of the question, just we couldn't copy and paste the colours for you
I thought cookiemay was lagging behind you or something, that one was sooooo easy
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:29   #44
Ragnarak

We are little creatures;
all of us have different features.
One of us in glass is set;
one of us you'll find in jet.
Another you may see in tin,
and the fourth is boxed within .
If the fifth you should pursue,
it can never fly from you.
What are we?
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:32   #45
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
We are little creatures;
all of us have different features.
One of us in glass is set;
one of us you'll find in jet.
Another you may see in tin,
and the fourth is boxed within .
If the fifth you should pursue,
it can never fly from you.
What are we?
Vowels
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:33   #46
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Vowels
yup

I cannot be felt, seen or touched;
Yet I can be found in everybody;
My existence is always in debate;
Yet I have my own style of music.
What Am I?

(we got these already but just letting you feel like you're helping in case we need you later
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:37   #47
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
yup

I cannot be felt, seen or touched;
Yet I can be found in everybody;
My existence is always in debate;
Yet I have my own style of music.
What Am I?

(we got these already but just letting you feel like you're helping in case we need you later
You may have already got these but damn you got no soul!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:39   #48
Ragnarak

Was hat 4 Beine, kann aber nicht laufen? Bitte in Englisch antworten.

next one^
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:45   #49
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Was hat 4 Beine, kann aber nicht laufen? Bitte in Englisch antworten.

next one^
Table? Chair? How many answers do you want? Silly question
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:50   #50
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

name the films

2a 2b