User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Champions League winners?
AC Milan 27 18.62%
Arsenal 30 20.69%
Barcelona 13 8.97%
Juventus 10 6.90%
Manchester United 41 28.28%
Real Madrid 13 8.97%
Valencia, but you're kidding yourselves. They're going to win now, aren't they. 11 7.59%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 20 Feb 2003, 10:10   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Champions League

Who do you think is best bet at the moment for champions league? At the moment, the front runners appear to be AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United and Real Madrid.

AC Milan

Milan have started the second phase with 3 wins out of 3. They have possibly the best striker in europe (Andrey Shevchenko), and have strength throughout the side, from Nesta in defense to Rivaldo and Rui Costa in attack. They currently lie third in Serie A, 2 points behind the joint leaders.

Arsenal

It's hard to play down this team. They are dominating English football, play beautiful attacking football and have managed to take their league form into Europe this season. They are leaders and favourites for the English Premier League.

Barcelona

Barcelona have lost their manager and lie a few scant points above the drop zone in the Spanish League. However, in Europe they are an almost irresistable force. This season has seen them claim the record for successive Champions League victories, and they have some of the best young talent on the European stage.

Juventus

Although they were beaten by Manchester United this week, but that was with a team missing many of the first team through injury or flu. They still sit second in their group, and are the current leaders (through goal difference) over Inter Milan in Italy.

Manchester United

After beating Juventus, United only need a point to qualify from the second group stage in double quick time. The only team to have captured the elusive triple, they have had their hopes of a quadruple taken away from them by losing to Arsenal in the FA Cup, but with the return of Keane and a much less porous defense than previously seen, they are good bets.

Real Madrid

Current holders and biggest spenders in world football, Real made a poor start to the second group phase getting only a point in 2 games. However, they now lie second in the group, and who can write off a team containing Zidane, Figo, Raul and Ronaldo?

William Hill have Real Madrid as the favourites, followed by Man U and AC Milan. But who do you think will come out trumps come seasons end?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 11:12   #2
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
I think you will find Arsenal rock. My only worry as per usual per Champions League is that they give away goals when they shouldn't do - thank good this season they're playing extremely well both in England & in Europe

let's hope they go all the way \0/
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 11:21   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
comedy "newcastle united" option

in all seriousness tho, gunners
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 11:28   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
playing well in europe.. sure... you been to highbury last 4 european games?

thats not the form of winners

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 11:52   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
t00t

MILAN
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 14:55   #6
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
why aren't Ajax and Valencia in this poll? They'll both go further than Arsenal
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 15:26   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Grimble
why aren't Ajax and Valencia in this poll? They'll both go further than Arsenal
Top 6 by odds, wiggles.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 15:41   #8
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I'll put my money on AC Milan but I want Arsenal to win it.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 16:54   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Milan!
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:19   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

some of have standards by saying arsenal others obviously don't

arsenal supporters are
----------retired-------
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:00   #11
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
1 outta 28 thinks madrid??? hmm!

I'll go with them =p
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:24   #12
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Where are Valencia please.

Then I'll vote for them.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:25   #13
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Top 6 by odds, wiggles.
In that case I'll be putting £10 on Valencia soonish.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 19:37   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I know nothing about football, so I voted for Juventus.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 21:13   #15
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Top 6 by odds, wiggles.
seeing ajax won the europe cup I 4 times and Arsenal ZERO times and seeing ajax is one of the 3 clubs in Europe who won all 3 cups, I suggest you put them in your pol fs!

Arsenal may very well NOT survive this round.
And clearly our Ajax teenagers rock.
If you cannot stop an 18-year old schoolboy in your own stadium you don't deserve to win the champions league.

Please explain to me what ODDS made you decide to not put ajax up?
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 21:19   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
Please explain to me what ODDS made you decide to not put ajax up?
1. Betting odds.

2. Liverpool won the European Cup several times, but you don't see them winning it this year, do you?
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 21:29   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
seeing ajax won the europe cup I 4 times and Arsenal ZERO times and seeing ajax is one of the 3 clubs in Europe who won all 3 cups, I suggest you put them in your pol fs!
Winning in the past makes no difference whatsoever if the team is completely different, which it is.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 22:03   #18
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Winning in the past makes no difference whatsoever if the team is completely different, which it is.
I agree - Paninikos (or whateva) were once a force to be recokened with - now look at 'em - they died - irrelevant - but past performances mean nothing every season

a good example is Man Utd.
----------retired-------
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 23:25   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
As much as Ajax rocks, they are not going to win the Champions League, at the very least not this year. Granted, their results have been very surprising so far, but I think it's highly unlikely they'll make it out of the second group stage. Especially with the for Ajax unfortunate results of Arsenal-Valencia and AS Roma-Valencia.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 23:40   #20
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
COME ON YOU GOONERS

Man Utd are past hasbeens that live on the glory of one lucky night in '99. Roy Keane seems to be getting rather sane with old age, this can only be a bad thing for Utd. Apparently he will need a hip replacement before the age of 45. Juve were an injury ravaged squad, and Utd still fcked about to win. Their mid field isnt what it was, i mean for the love of allah, sister phil neville and juan veron were judged to be better than keane and scholes in the gooner games. Real Madrid will go bankrupt as the EU pulls money out of Europe, Zidane is old, Figo is old, Raul is rather good, Ronaldo is a fat twat.

Gooners

remember the gooners.

oh and pull money out of spain not europe. You know i just realised vanessa redgrave is rather hot isnt she, i most fcking well would.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 23:43   #21
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
As much as Ajax rocks, they are not going to win the Champions League, at the very least not this year. Granted, their results have been very surprising so far, but I think it's highly unlikely they'll make it out of the second group stage. Especially with the for Ajax unfortunate results of Arsenal-Valencia and AS Roma-Valencia.

If Ajax wins at home next week against Arsenal things all of a sudden look very very different, dont they?
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 23:47   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
The Madrid governing body will just give Real £3000 billion and everything will be well again.

The Spanish national teams are effectively Real, Deportivo, Barca and Valencia.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:24   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Milan.

The Rossonieri will annihilate all!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:25   #24
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
I voted united.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:27   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Milan.

The Rossonieri will annihilate all!
as did i

if people here are to be believed its either arsenal or man utd though

which is why i dont believe people here.

Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:30   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
as did i

if people here are to be believed its either arsenal or man utd though

which is why i dont believe people here.
Barca or Milan, I say.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:32   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

you think barca can keep it going?

every run comes to an end

Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:34   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
you think barca can keep it going?

every run comes to an end
They're still a top class outfit
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:46   #29
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
They're still a top class outfit
League form has to count for something.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 00:54   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
League form has to count for something.
Not in the first half of the season, and anyone betting on them staying like that should call it quits now.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 01:18   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
If Ajax wins at home next week against Arsenal things all of a sudden look very very different, dont they?
That's a pretty big if. Arsenal has proven to do a lot better in away games than in home ones, and they will be more prepared for Ajax next wednesday. I doubt Wenger's team will be surprised that easily again. Due to the way that the games have so far turned out, and assuming that AS Roma isn't going to make any spectacular come-back, Ajax need to win at least two of the next three games to go through for certain. Seeing as that's also the case for Arsenal and Valencia, they will both be playing at full force and not want to settle for less in Amsterdam.

As much as I love to see them play, and as much as I would love to see the Champions League Cup back where it belongs, I don't hold high hopes for it.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 08:41   #32
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
That's a pretty big if. Arsenal has proven to do a lot better in away games than in home ones, and they will be more prepared for Ajax next wednesday. I doubt Wenger's team will be surprised that easily again. Due to the way that the games have so far turned out, and assuming that AS Roma isn't going to make any spectacular come-back, Ajax need to win at least two of the next three games to go through for certain. Seeing as that's also the case for Arsenal and Valencia, they will both be playing at full force and not want to settle for less in Amsterdam.

As much as I love to see them play, and as much as I would love to see the Champions League Cup back where it belongs, I don't hold high hopes for it.
I dont think there were many odds saying Ajax would draw in London either.
Its footie...and it aint over till its over!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:11   #33
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Juventus.

I know they've been bottoms up a bit lately, but the match against Man Utd went very well taking the circumstances - lack of several top players.

I'm convinced they'll take a top form even if they have a crap Gk, and at least make it to the finals.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:09   #34
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
AC Milan

They have the players and the form to go all the way imo. Its about time an Italien team won it again.

Man UTD could win it, but i cant see them going through each stage without a bad performance in at least one of the matches, which when at this stage of the competition will be punished. Arsenal dont have Bergkamp in some away matches, so they wont win. Barca's league form will catch up with them. Madrid just arent playing well in Europe this season.

Shevchenko > Trezeguet + Del Piero, so Juve wont win.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 14:28   #35
Thiebold Axeslammer
National Village Idiot

Thiebold Axeslammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hard to pick a favourite for a Dutchman :

Nistelrooij at Man United
Davids at Juventus
Seedorf at AC Milan
Kluivert, Cocu, F de Boer, Overmars and Reiziger at Barcelona
Bergkamp and van Bronckhorst at Arsenal
Rafael van der Vaart, Nigel de Jong & some more schoolkids at Ajax
Roy Makaay at Deportivo...

I think Milan is going to win, but not on account of Shevva (who's clearly overrated) but on account of the best midfield in Europe at the moment (and there's some heavy competition in that area).

Did I mention Seedorf yet ?

/me hopes that van der Vaart returns quickly so the Ajax fairytale can continue...
Thiebold Axeslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 17:35   #36
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
. Arsenal dont have Bergkamp in some away matches, so they wont win.
Funny that. I thought the only place Arsenal have been able to win in Europe this season was away.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 19:41   #37
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
can i get everyones opinion on the man utd midfield, specifically what the midfield partner ship will be. Will el fergie ever choose sister neville and veron over keane and ginger??? I cant imagine him trying to arse about with the players now, so im thinking he will stick to certain partnerships and swap them round. Whatdyareckon???
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 20:56   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Somehow I doubt Phil Neville will usurp Roy Keane. Especially with the return of Butt.
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 09:07   #39
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Oh, Viera! Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Viera!

p.s. Veron is good in Europe, so I'd go for Keane and Veron.
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 13:16   #40
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
LOLOLOL i now remember i dreamed about barcelona scoring goals, isn't that lame?
so my vote is for them.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 00:19   #41
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
itr has to be arsenal

we won the league in manchester

we pratically won the fa cup in manchester

so we must win the champion league in manchester

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 08:51   #42
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
If it is not Arsenal, then clearly Barcelona will win it.

The Poll is biased, as it is obvious people are voting on the basis of allegience to there own team's.

Everyone knows Manu, (Spit* scum * spit* spit*) have the largest number of Jump on the Bandwaggon supporters in Europe/the World.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 09:14   #43
Ulysses
Impudent

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
Maybe because everyone knows we are the best team in the world you stupid whore. Go cough up a lung somewhere like Liverpool. You could even sell iot on the black market
When did you start playing for Manu? (Spit* scum * Spit*)

Manu (Spit* scum * Spit*) fans are nothing but bandwaggon whores
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 09:23   #44
Ulysses
Impudent

Quote:
Playing? Not even I am good enough to play for the mighty United.

ABUs are just jealous that they're own team is ****e.

Example:
ABU: "We support our local team!"
Great Manchester United Die-hard Hooligan: "Pity you're local team is ****e"
ABU: "That's it, manyoo fans are bandwaggon jumpers waah waah"

Cry me a fking river
Which is exactly why Manu (Spit* Scum* Spit*) are hated throughout the entire premiership/champions League.

Most fans are happy when their own teams win, yet no one minds who beats Manu (Spit* Scum* Spit*)
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 10:00   #45
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

t'bolt, do you live in manchester?

If so, then ok.

If not, then fk off

Unread 23 Feb 2003, 10:16   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Example:
ABU: "We support our local team!"
Great Manchester United Die-hard Hooligan: "Pity you're local team is ****e"
ABU: "That's it, manyoo fans are bandwaggon jumpers waah waah"
This reminds me of my Deputy Headmaster when I was at school, who supported MU with the justification that 'the best bit about supporting a football team is when you win, so I support the team most likely to win'. The most unashamed glory supporter I ever met.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 10:22   #47
Ulysses
Impudent

Quote:
This reminds me of my Deputy Headmaster when I was at school, who supported MU with the justification that 'the best bit about supporting a football team is when you win, so I support the team most likely to win'. The most unashamed glory supporter I ever met.
Is it true to say that he quit hs job to become the Manu supporters club policy advisor on recruitment of fans?
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 10:22   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

No.

(it's my WORD OF THE DAY)
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 10:25   #49
Ulysses
Impudent

Quote:
No.

(it's my WORD OF THE DAY)
Are you really that stupid? Or does sarcasm go straight over your head?
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 10:30   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulysses
Are you really that stupid? Or does sarcasm go straight over your head?
Is SARCASM your word of the day? You appear to be using it in circumstances I wouldn't, and I'm wondering if there's some kind of quota you have to fill.