User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:41   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Cover Versions .....

I think pretty much everyone has heard , or heard of , Gareth Gates currently murdering Spirit in the Sky, and weve all seen multiple pop bands destroy previously great songs.

But there must be a counter point to this. Theoretically , good bands must have covered good songs at some point. I can confirm this has happened at least twice , as ive got

Foo Fighters - Baker Street
Travis - All the Young Dudes

On my hard drive. So ladeez and gents , can you provide other top notch cover versions, in order that we can all stick a collective middle finger up at Atomic Kitten , Gareth Gates , and every other manufactured piece of crap that currently dominates the pop charts.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:42   #2
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Black Box Recorder - Rock n Roll Suicide
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
Muse - Feeling Good
REM - First We Take Manhatten
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:43   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Scooter - Logical Song
Oasis - I Am The Walrus
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:43   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
I like the counting crows version of big yellow taxi
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:44   #5
Idi

Cradle Of Filth - Shallow Be Thy Grave (Iron Maiden Hallowed by Thy name cover)

Travis - Be My Baby
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:44   #6
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
i have to say i rather liked metallicas cover of whiskey in the jar. i think. it was so long ago
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:45   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Westlife - Uptown Girl
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:45   #8
Idi

Not to mention Metallica - Garage Inc which has sooooooooo many ace tracks on it!
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 17:47   #9
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i like
vanessa carlton - paint it black
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 18:10   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Guns 'n Roses - Knocking on Heaven's Door
Eric Clapton - Knocking on Heaven's Door
Phil Collins - True Colors
Aimee Mann & Michael Penn - Reason to believe
Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
Travis - Hit me baby (one more time)
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 18:19   #11
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
wycleff jean- another one bites the dust
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 18:59   #12
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Machinehead - Message In a Bottle
Strapping Young Lad - Room 421
Limp Bizkit - Faith (Only LB song I can stand)

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:03   #13
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
5ive - We Will Rock You
Steps - Tragedy
Blue - sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
Boyzone - All their songs
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:05   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Sugacoma - Crazy (makes a britney song sound good)
That was actually the single most embarrassingly **** song I'd ever heard.

It was like the original, exactly like it, except when it came to the chorus she shouted like 'that's what all the cool kids are doing'.

Stupid bint.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:10   #15
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Guns n'Roses 'Live and Let Die'
Jimi Hendrix 'All Along the Watchtower'
The Byrds 'Mr Tambourine Man'
Kula Shaker 'Hush'

oh and of course Rolf Harris 'Stairway to Heaven'
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:24   #16
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog

Jimi Hendrix 'All Along the Watchtower'
The Byrds 'Mr Tambourine Man'
Hendrix's cover is debatable, but Dylan's original makes a mockery of that cover.

Anywho:

Sonic Youth - Touch me I'm Sick (Mudhoney)
Turin Brakes - Angel (Shaggy)
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:24   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Jimmy Eat World - Firestarter
Feeder - The Power of Love
Prodigy - Ghost Town
More Fire Crew with Gabrielle - Dreams
Muse - House of the Rising Sun
Oasis - Merry Xmas Everybody
Faithless & Dido - Dub Be Good To Me
Elbow - Something in the Air
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:27   #18
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
G & R - Live and Let Die
G & R - Knocking On Heavens Door
Van Halen - Rock and Roll (live)
Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
Aerosmith - Train Kept A Rollin (sort of... it's not bad as such)
Elvis Presley - Johnny B. Goode
Led Zeppelin - Light My Fire
Led Zeppelin - Hey Joe
Led Zeppelin - Money
Puff Daddy - Come With Me instrumental (I feel the instrumental to this is what the backing to Kashmir should have been, in bits anyway)
Led Zeppelin - You Shook Me
Led Zeppelin - I Can't Quit You Baby
Yardbirds - Train Kept A Rollin'
Metallica - Black Dog
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Voodoo Chile
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:29   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
you are ****ing ****ting me... i know im taking the bait, but still... **** off... the foo fighters? a good band? covering baker street? Sacralige to the extreme..

nod and bloomers are taking the piss, so i wont take the bait here

But the machinehead cover? wyclef? gnr? vanessa carlton?

i am very dissapointed.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 19:32   #20
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Slayer - born to be wild
Static X - Speedway (Elvis cover)
Thousand Foot Krutch - Unbelieveable
3rd strike - Paranoid
Dope - You spin me right round
Fear Factory - Cars
Soulfly - Smoke On The Water
Korn/Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

They are some covers which ain't bad...well, they're not as dire as the **** being released by pop acts. One band I despise even more is Atomic Kitten for releasing that "Want to be with you". They ripped off Last Train To London by ELO which happens to be one of my favorite songs :|
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 20:24   #21
Sub
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by insane_in_da_membrane
Slayer - born to be wild
3rd strike - Paranoid
Soulfly - Smoke On The Water
I don't have to listen to these to say they are nowhere near as good as the original.
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 20:28   #22
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
I don't have to listen to these to say they are nowhere near as good as the original.
I didn't state they were
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 20:31   #23
Sub
Banned

"top notch cover versions" implies a thread of cover versions that are at least as good as (if not better) than the original version.
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 20:33   #24
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
"top notch cover versions" implies a thread of cover versions that are at least as good as (if not better) than the original version.
They are good covers (in my opinion) , unlike the **** that pop acts release therefore I think they are valid here
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 20:41   #25
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me.
Coldplay - You Only Live Twice.
Marilyn Manson - Suicide Is Painless.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 21:02   #26
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Fuel, 'Breed'
Nirvana, 'Lake of Fire'

anyone who ever remade a dylan song
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 21:41   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
anyone who ever remade a dylan song
Like Maggie's Farm, covered by Rage Against the Machine.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 22:14   #28
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To You
David Gray - Say Hello Goodbye
Norah Jones - Cold Cold Heart
Urge Overkill - Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon
Otis Redding - Daytripper

Does anyone know who originally sang "Gloria" I know several versions but I don't know who did it originally. (I already tried to find it through Google and failed.)
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 22:19   #29
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
marylin manson - sweet dreams
dj sammy - heaven

much much much better than the originals, which were huge piles of ****e.
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 22:21   #30
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
nod and bloomers are taking the piss, so i wont take the bait
I wasnt.
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 22:21   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Add
marylin manson - sweet dreams
dj sammy - heaven

much much much better than the originals, which were huge piles of ****e.

in both cases , youre quite definetely wrong
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 22:23   #32
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I wasnt.
If you WERE taking the piss , youre a topical humourist
If you WERENT taking the piss , youre a ****ing moron.

Which is it to be Nod?
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 22:43   #33
Sub
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
Does anyone know who originally sang "Gloria" I know several versions but I don't know who did it originally. (I already tried to find it through Google and failed.)
Van Morrison? Really can't remember now.
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 23:47   #34
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
marilyn manson can get RIGHT to **** and stay there. he ruins anything he covers

examples

sweet dreams
working class hero
suicide is painless
tainted love

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 00:21   #35
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
bauchklang - Roxanne
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 00:34   #36
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

InMe

ahaahahahahahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhha

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 00:39   #37
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
puff daddy's remake of 'kashmir' (was it called 'come to me' or something like that? anyway it just made the whole movie.)

madonna - american pie

that one kelly osbourne did rocked quite some too
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 00:51   #38
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

madonna.. your taking the piss. Kelly's cover was **** ,but the original song was crap anyway

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 02:01   #39
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Pearl Jam - Redemption Song
Rage Against The Machine - The Ghost of Tom Joad
Smashing Pumpkins - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 02:05   #40
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
Smashing Pumpkins - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
WHY oh WHY do people mess with the classics

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 03:08   #41
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts
Bush - Wild Horses
Hayden - Gouge Away
Howie Day - Karma Police
Built to Spill - Cortez The Killer
Sparklehorse & Radiohead - Wish You Were Here
Oasis with Paul Weller - Day Tripper
Ugly Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 09:26   #42
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
cubass - Take On Me for frag
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 09:35   #43
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
heh

EVERY single Eva Cassidy song

Most notably Somewhere over the rainbow and Time after Time(best one).
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 09:35   #44
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm setting myself up to be flammed, but i prefer the Cors cover of Dreams, to Fleetwood Mac's version.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 09:43   #45
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
I notice many of you are lacking the key factor of good band or artist as it were.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 10:23   #46
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Nerf herder Mr blue sky
Manic street preachers suicide is painless (dont like the manic's, but this song is good )
most me first and the gimme giomme's songs
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 10:31   #47
Thiebold Axeslammer
National Village Idiot

Thiebold Axeslammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Aaaaargh, blasphemers and heathens the lot of you !

Even though the cover thing his been done 832 times before, this must be the worst thread ever !

(and I'm telling all of you once again :

Hazy shade of winter : Bangles > Simon and Garfunkel
Beast of burden : Bette Midler > Rolling Stones
Suicide is painless : Manic Street Preachers > original
Landslide : Venice > Stevie Nicks

Father and son : Some boyband =~ Cat Stevens
Hush : Deep Purple =~ Joe South > Kula Shaker
Summertime blues : the Who =~ Eddie Cochran

Word up : Gun < Cameo
Stonecold crazy : Metallica < Queen

)
Thiebold Axeslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 11:15   #48
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
Nerf herder Mr blue sky
Good song, but I prefer the original
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 11:20   #49
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Manic Street Preachers - Suicide Is Painless (Theme from M*A*S*H)

Best cover in the world, followed by:

Korn - Ice Ice Baby
Manson - Tainted Love
Faith No More - Easy
Hendrix - All Along The Watcher Tower
GNR - Live N Let Die
AAA - Billy Jean

I'm not a metal/gother btw, but these rock!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"

Last edited by Mong; 17 Feb 2003 at 11:32.
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 11:53   #50
Piergeiron

Very easy:
Tori Amos - Raining blood (Slayer cover)

Speaking of Ms. Amos, her "Smells like teen spirit" cover version is tons better than the original too...

Then:
In Flames - Everything counts (Depeche Mode cover)