User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Oct 2003, 23:57   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Bit Torrent

See, what I don't get about bt is the way that I can have, say, 2% of something, everyone else has an average of 80% of something and there are, say, 5 seeds.

And I'm downloading 1kps and uploading 19kps, whilst having an amazing 2 megs or so downloaded.

Similarly, when I have 80% downloaded, and the other guy has 20% downloaded. Fair's fair, and I'm uploading to him.

But I'm uploading at 20kps, and getting nothing in return, when there are 3 seeds and the total network speed is somewhere in the order of 200kps. This isn't a fake reading, because his percentage of a 1.5 gig download goes up significantly in the time I'm watching it.

I don't understand this program.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 23:59   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Bit Torrent

LET ME SEE YOU STRIPPED DOWN TO THE BONE.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:03   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Bit Torrent

Probably most of the other peers are maxed out upload-wise. Or are uploading to those peers who are not capping their upload as low.

I normally only average about 20kb/s on BT, I don't see why everyone can love it so when Kazaa, at least for me, outperforms it by over two times.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:07   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The First Rule of Bit Torrent is : You Do not talk about Bit Torrent.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:10   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Probably most of the other peers are maxed out upload-wise. Or are uploading to those peers who are not capping their upload as low.
My upload ISN'T capped though (except by connection speed), because I'm running it over night when nothing else is using the connection.

Why doesn't it redistribute to me, when the other guy is uploading nothing?
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:56   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

when i was round my sis's place with their 2mb line (http & ftp downloads of up to 250kbps) - Bit torrent only managed up to 6kbps average!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 01:15   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i dont know anything about bittoret, but are there different kinds of clients?
personally i ues mldonkey right now, but there are lots of different clients for the edonkey network and some seem to be faster than others
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 01:56   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

My points still stand, but now getting 90kps
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 05:46   #9
Alastor

Alastor is an unknown quantity at this point

if you max out your upload, your download will be ****. Dont know exactly why it is like this, but if you cap ur upload at 50-75% of whats max, you will download much faster.

Oh, and bittorrent = teh win for ppl with 10mbit =)
Alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 07:52   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
The First Rule of Bit Torrent is : You Do not talk about Bit Torrent.
I aquired that using Bit Torrent.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 08:54   #11
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

I always find its excellent for new releases, but if the thing you wants been out longer than a week ure better using Kazaa etc.

I usually leave it running on my 512 ADSL and when I come back from uni(a few hrs later) its downloaded and uploading at 30kb/s
{thats when its a brand new film, like kill bill a week or so ago)
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 11:05   #12
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't really have the problem of not getting good downloads. It does depend on the network though. If you just started downloading something from a network with heavy traffic, then it takes some time for you to get bandwidth. Once you have it though... on my how it goes through the roof. I average between 80 and 120 kbps download and 20 up. Kazaa never manages that for me...
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 13:06   #13
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

It depends on where you get your torrents, what portals etc. Some are good, some are great, some are shit.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 14:30   #14
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo

I normally only average about 20kb/s on BT, I don't see why everyone can love it so when Kazaa, at least for me, outperforms it by over two times.
1mbit line

i normally get 110kbps on bit torrent
am (very) lucky to get 30kbps on kazaa

out of interest, what clients are you using? and have you opened ports etc?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 14:33   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Using the degreez.net one. And all required ports are opened and forwarded to my machine.

On Kazaa I can get 40kb+, with DC++ I'm looking at similar/better rates
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 19:50   #16
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

heh last nite i was getting like 15kbps on kazaa

.... i'm only using a 56k btw

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 21:16   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Assuming you're being serious, then that's a flaw in Kazaa's download speed estimation, and not actually representative of the amount of received information.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 12:47   #18
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough

Always max out my connection on bt.
well bt works on how many people r seeding too peers if u have a higher % of seeds compared to peers then ur download is gonna be higher.

I reckommend joining this forum for bt its the best about
http://www.phoenix-torrents.com/index.php?