User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Aug 2003, 14:56   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Linkin Park - "Faint"

You watch music channels on TV enough and eventually you'll hear this song [/defence]

Anyways ... what is the sample in the song from?

You should know what i mean ... the bit of the song that sounds like a sample.
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 16:22   #2
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Linkin Park - "Faint"

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
You watch music channels on TV enough and eventually you'll hear this song [/defence]

Anyways ... what is the sample in the song from?

You should know what i mean ... the bit of the song that sounds like a sample.
the violins
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 16:55   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Linkin Park - "Faint"

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
the violins

Is that the name of the group?
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:00   #4
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Re: Linkin Park - "Faint"

Quote:
Is that the name of the group?

no i was asking if the sample you were talkin about was the violins playing
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:05   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Linkin Park - "Faint"

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
no i was asking if the sample you were talkin about was the violins playing

Ahhh.

Im bad at musical instruments.

"Probably" ... it kinda goes "quiet" music wise then RAGE.
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:06   #6
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
it may be an effect on a keyboard, similar to the violin sound in mushroomhead songs.

possibly.
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:09   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by insane_in_da_membrane
it may be an effect on a keyboard, similar to the violin sound in mushroomhead songs.

Does that mean it's not a sample?

I only ask cause it's the best part of the song and it would have been good to hear it in it's original context (/song).

If it had been a sample that is.
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:10   #8
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

Quote:

possibly.
found this on google

"Faint" is a fun song. Brad actually brought that guitar part in originally thinking that it would be 70 beats per minute or somewhere in that vicinity I think. I'm not sure about the exact number. He played it to a click during Ozzfest and he came back. He and I had done the drum tracks to 140 beats per minute. First he argued with me and told me that it wasn't supposed to be that then I told him, "I know what you intended but I think this works." He listened to it and he totally changed his mind. I just heard something different when I first heard the part so that's how this came about. We're going to skip the lyrics on that one. "Faint" was just a working title that we wanted to keep. I don't know what the actual title would have been but it wasn't that. That word doesn't even appear in the song.
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:13   #9
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

it could be a sample, or it could be something that they wrote/borrowed the tune for and actually play it live etc

it is a rather cool song
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:14   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
it is a rather cool song

stop
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:16   #11
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

Quote:
stop
problem?
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 17:19   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
problem?

"not at all"
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 20:02   #13
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
My copy of the album carries a "making of" DVD and on that it shows that they got an orchestra into a studio to record that segment, it was written by Phoenix
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 20:30   #14
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
even i agree its not a bad song

they arent actually that bad MUSICALLY but sellout fks yes.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 20:42   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
they arent actually that bad MUSICALLY but sellout fks yes.
What crimes have they committed to make them sellouts?

Note, I'm not disagreeing I just know nothing about them. Have they crossed a picket line or something?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 20:45   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
What crimes have they committed to make them sellouts?

Note, I'm not disagreeing I just know nothing about them. Have they crossed a picket line or something?

Whenever I see a picket line I deliberately cross it to appear different and cool!

PS I'll never understand music which has to be played excessively loudly to be appreciated properly.
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 20:56   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Whenever I see a picket line I deliberately cross it to appear different and cool!
I'll bet you think smoking makes you cool, don't you? Anyway, you're Irish, what you gonna do after you've crossed a picket line? Get drunk and avoid work for 8 hours?

I like Linkin Park. They aren't the best band ever, but they've got a few good tunes worth listening to. I'm not cool tho, so what do I know?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 19:18   #18
Salt

Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
The whole sellout argument is a bit used up isn't it? They don't sound terribly different now than they did on their first EP so what element of their style did they change to reach 'sellout' status? Is a band supposed to sound unprofessional and suck during live performances to avoid becoming sellouts? Saw them three years ago in a four band set and they were easily the worst performance there..... if selling out means learning to perform and sound better then more bands should do it!
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 14:15   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by Salt
The whole sellout argument is a bit used up isn't it? They don't sound terribly different now than they did on their first EP so what element of their style did they change to reach 'sellout' status? Is a band supposed to sound unprofessional and suck during live performances to avoid becoming sellouts? Saw them three years ago in a four band set and they were easily the worst performance there..... if selling out means learning to perform and sound better then more bands should do it!

Going to see Linkin Park (/Hybrid Theory) live makes you (The) Gay.