User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 May 2003, 20:33   #1
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Enter the matrix

Anyone played enter the matrix yet.
It rocks you play either Ghost or niobe
Ghost is trinity's brother.
Niobe is the captain of the ship storm is on.

Also has a lot of footage that links with matrix reloaded

Last edited by cookiemay; 17 May 2003 at 23:36.
cookiemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 20:38   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It's style-over-substance, like Max Payne. Except I'm already tired of that gimmick, which I was so impressed by in Max Payne.

It's not terrible. It's okay, but I bet it's better for somebody who hasn't played Max Payne.

p.s. I didn't play it for long so I couldn't really get into it. I was at my mates house and only got a short game.

Last edited by LHC; 15 May 2003 at 20:49.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 21:40   #3
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
It's style-over-substance, like Max Payne. Except I'm already tired of that gimmick, which I was so impressed by in Max Payne.

It's not terrible. It's okay, but I bet it's better for somebody who hasn't played Max Payne.

p.s. I didn't play it for long so I couldn't really get into it. I was at my mates house and only got a short game.

well i have got max payne.
This is quite simular in the way bullet time happens in MP
Wasnt like i bought the game anyway so not really fussed
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:19   #4
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Before I played it I thought it was going to be a lot like Max Payne as well but I was wrong. The range of moves you can do far exceeds that of Max Payne. Also the 'Bullet Time' (or focus as it's called in the game) is a lot more practical to use where in Max Payne it was more of a gimmick with clumbsy controls.

Flipping and cartwheeling down a hallway towards your enemy in slow-mo while you dodge the bullets just before leaping up the wall into a roundhouse kick to your foe's head leaves a certain satisfying grin on your face after which all you can say is 'cool'.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:21   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So in other words, exactly the same as the Max Payne Kung Fu mod?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:26   #6
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
No.. kung-foo mod was very limited in what it allowed you to do. It doesn't even remotely touch on the range of movements Enter The Matrix provides.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:27   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
a bit more professional than KungFu
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:27   #8
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
yeah you can put it like that. But the kung fu moves are pretty neeeed........
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 16:57   #9
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zword
yeah you can put it like that. But the kung fu moves are pretty neeeed........
That game is crap. Especially the graphics
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 17:00   #10
Rhumsaa
Radish

Rhumsaa is on a distinguished road
Max Payne was ****ing ace
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:43   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I suspect that bullet time is going to be the new "stream of consciousness", and I can sense my frustration levels imploding as it becomes more and more abused by unoriginal hacks across various 'media' industries.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 20:59   #12
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I suspect that bullet time is going to be the new "stream of consciousness", and I can sense my frustration levels imploding as it becomes more and more abused by unoriginal hacks across various 'media' industries.
Max Payne used it well. ETM doesnt

I therefore share your fears
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:18   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Max Payne used it well. ETM doesnt

I therefore share your fears
On this I thouroughly disagree. In Max Payne you're limited to about 5 seconds of 'Bullet Time' during which any movements you make are pretty useless. You can either dive sideways or dive forward and that's about it. In ETM at least you have much more control over how your character moves or reacts during 'Bullet Time'. It also seems to me that most of the negative feedback on this has come from people who only played the game for a short period. When you start out things you can do are limited and to be honest boring, but as you progress you pick up more skills and the game starts getting interesting.

My only negative view of the game so far is with Neobi.. she drives like a psychotic bitch. I consider occasionally driving into the odd wall or two while attempting to hit every pole or support structure in sight to be a tad perilous when your supposed to be escaping.

=[DJ Bass]=