User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:43   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy It's Illegal To Defend Yourself.

Well, 36 hours ago, I was up reading, home alone, and I heard a window break in my back room. I unlocked the drawer right next to me, and got my pistol out. I walked to the back room, and a man was standing there holding a side - by - side 16 gauge shotgun. (Police later told me.) I saw him raise his weapon, and I fired twice, hitting him in the chest. I saw him fall, and I remember thinking, "Oh ****." I ran and called the police, and had to look at him while I waited the long four minutes for the police to get there. He was taken to a hospital, where he died two hours later. The police asked me what happened, and I told them everything. Then, they arrested ME.

I now have charges of manslaughter brought against me, and my lawyer thinks that the charges will be dropped, and that it would take an act of God for me to be put on trial. The reason I was arrested, is because I'm 16 and had access to a pistol. I hope he's right, but I wanted to let you guys know whats going on in my life. I'll be going to a hearing tomorrow, and I'll tell you what happens, but in the meantime, this ABSOLUTELY outrages me.

When did people have to start justifying saving thier own life? When did this country, (I understand most of you arent't Americans) lower itself to put a man who was defending himself on trial because he killed someone who wouldn't have blinked when he pulled the trigger?

I am in no way making this up, I wouldn't joke about this sort of thing. But I am absolutely outraged that I had to spend 4 hours in a county sherrifs dept. awaiting someone to bail me out.

The people of this country, had better wake up. It's time we stopped obeying every word of our government like sheep and stand up for what is right.

The bottom line is : I did what I had to do. It was time to make a decision, to kill or be killed. I wont lie, I would do it again if I had to, but take it from me, It's not easy to look into a dying persons eyes and know that your the cause of his pain.

-Qazok

P.S. - While I hope that something like this won't ever happen again, I know better. It has to happen somewhere, to someone, and when it does, whoever is staring down the end of that shotgun has a pivotal decision to make.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:45   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Couldn't you have shot him in the arm or something?
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:45   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's been like that for a while.

Don't you read the news?
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:47   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by queball

I doubt a lot of people will have the nerves to think "hey let's shoot his arm off so this weird guy will not die at least" when you are looking at the barrel of a shotgun.

not that I entirely believe this story..
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:47   #5
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
I dont think you understand... when someone is raising a gun towards your head, you dont sit there and think out where your going to fire. It was instinct, and I'm prepared to bet if I hadnt been armed, I would be dead or beaten.

Do you think he would have just shot ME in the arm?
Quote:
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:48   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You kill someone and they have the nerve to arrest you, in order to check whether you were speaking the truth or not. The nerve!

(Also, you won't be going to heaven now.)
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:51   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by QazokRouge5
Do you think he would have just shot ME in the arm?
Maybe the only reason he raised his weapon was because you came at him with a gun in your hand, whereby you were effectively turning it into a kill-or-be-killed situation?
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:52   #8
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

I don't understand why you are outraged. You killed someone and now there will be a hearing. Arresting you is basically a formality because the police cannot simply assume your story is correct. If the facts are as you stated them and no evidence to the contrary surfaces at the hearing, then your lawyer is right--it will never go to trial because no jury would ever convict you.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:54   #9
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Maybe the only reason he raised his weapon was because you came at him with a gun in your hand, whereby you were effectively turning it into a kill-or-be-killed situation?
Oh, right. Like he was just breaking into my home to fluffle me with his shotgun?

Right now I feel like hammered ****, and plan on attempting to sleep, but if last night is any sign, I won't be able to.
Quote:
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:54   #10
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
What would have happened if he aimed for his arm and missed? ;/

Personally, although killing someone must be an unnerving feeling, i think you did what was best to protect yourself.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:55   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Oh, right. Like he was just breaking into my home to fluffle me with his shotgun?
Kinky!
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:56   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You did what you had to do.

Whats better, you posting about how you shot someone that was armed breaking into your house or some piece of sh1t boasting to his mates how he shot some 16 year old while he was breaking in. He knew what he was doing. He paid the price he lost.

Vaio
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:03   #13
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
its self defence, everyone in the same situation would of done the same

if not, they are naive, or just plain telling lies

LIES I SAY

DIRTY ROTTEN LIES
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:08   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
He was most likely breaking into your house in order to steal valuables to sell to a pawn broker or some cash for drugs.

I'd say he was carrying the shotgun for in the unfortunate case that there would be someone at home, so that he would have the opportunity of not getting into a fight by using the shotgun to threaten whomever caught him, and possibly defending himself would the owner be attacking him with a gun.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:08   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: It's Illegal To Defend Yourself.

Quote:
Well, 36 hours ago, I was up reading, home alone, and I heard a window break in my back room. I unlocked the drawer right next to me, and got my pistol out. I walked to the back room, and a man was standing there holding a side - by - side 16 gauge shotgun. (Police later told me.) I saw him raise his weapon, and I fired twice, hitting him in the chest. I saw him fall, and I remember thinking, "Oh ****." I ran and called the police, and had to look at him while I waited the long four minutes for the police to get there. He was taken to a hospital, where he died two hours later. The police asked me what happened, and I told them everything. Then, they arrested ME.

I now have charges of manslaughter brought against me, and my lawyer thinks that the charges will be dropped, and that it would take an act of God for me to be put on trial. The reason I was arrested, is because I'm 16 and had access to a pistol. I hope he's right, but I wanted to let you guys know whats going on in my life. I'll be going to a hearing tomorrow, and I'll tell you what happens, but in the meantime, this ABSOLUTELY outrages me.

When did people have to start justifying saving thier own life? When did this country, (I understand most of you arent't Americans) lower itself to put a man who was defending himself on trial because he killed someone who wouldn't have blinked when he pulled the trigger?

I am in no way making this up, I wouldn't joke about this sort of thing. But I am absolutely outraged that I had to spend 4 hours in a county sherrifs dept. awaiting someone to bail me out.

The people of this country, had better wake up. It's time we stopped obeying every word of our government like sheep and stand up for what is right.

The bottom line is : I did what I had to do. It was time to make a decision, to kill or be killed. I wont lie, I would do it again if I had to, but take it from me, It's not easy to look into a dying persons eyes and know that your the cause of his pain.

-Qazok

P.S. - While I hope that something like this won't ever happen again, I know better. It has to happen somewhere, to someone, and when it does, whoever is staring down the end of that shotgun has a pivotal decision to make.

well, whatever happens, i think you did the right thing. Justice system is stupid these days.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:11   #16
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
if this did happen then i would have been on the news or sumthing i demand a link to a web site that published this
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:17   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
if this did happen then i would have been on the news or sumthing i demand a link to a web site that published this
eh? This kind of thing happens in america all the time. Its not even worth being on the news it happens so often.

Why dont you just treat it like its real, and if its not, shrug and carry on. Its not like it'll cost you anything...
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:20   #18
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
I live in a small town in Texas. The police even told me that the most that would happen is an article in the newspaper. Not that this bothers me, I dont want to have to explain what I did anymore.
Quote:
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:20   #19
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
well he shouldn't be given a lighter sentence due to his age the courts need to set an example.
Are u should be sent to iraq to see how many people u can kill with your pistol.
Hope u get the chair
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:38   #20
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
welcome to my ignore list
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:42   #21
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Be thankful you do not live in the UK, you would be in Gaol now, and stay there untill the trial.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 03:02   #22
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
The fact that you defended yourself isn't the part that's on trial. It's the fact you had access to a pistol. It's the fact your fired first before doing anything else. True, he might of raised a gun at you. True, you acted in what you thought at the time was self defense. But do you KNOW he would of shot? Do you KNOW that had you not of shot him, you wouldn't be alive now? No. And you never will. Yeah, he was in your house. Yeah, he had a weapon. I know that you probably won't get any serious marks on your record, but can you say the same about your mental health?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 03:15   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The trial is presumably to determine whether you've (or the person in this possibly hypothetical situation...)done anything wrong or not.

But in answer to your question : I think people have always needed a justification for shooting people . As Tact says - they can't just presume you're telling the truth.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 03:16   #24
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
there was a case like that here but it was totally different...

A man was going to rob an apartment so he was going along the roof tops and he fell threw the skylight of a house and feel on a knife...he sued the owner of the house and the judge threw him out of court for even trying that
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 05:04   #25
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

-Qazok

How many people have you killed now? This is #4 or #5?
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 05:40   #26
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Wh
I think i have mentioned this before, .... Its better to be judged by 12 than carried out by six. I would of prefered they had no pressed charges. I mean earlier this year(well last year really) a woman in albuquerque shot someone breaking into her house to rape her, she shot him, and no charges were pressed. Heres the link to that story. Thats what should happen. *sighs*
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan

Last edited by cnaw; 21 Mar 2003 at 04:15.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 05:45   #27
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
could you shoot me in the balls? I heard it feels REAL GOOD.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 05:57   #28
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough
What are some of you ppl thinking? There is a man, that has broken into your house with a shotgun standing in front of you. And he is supposed to do what? Make some tea sit down with him and discuss this persons drug problem??? Are you really believing the stuff that you are saying???
Qazok did the right thing. Ofc it was right by the police to take him along for questioning, after there is a dead person in this incident...
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 06:39   #29
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
geez.. just get one of those 'tresspassers will be shot' signs and stick it somewhere visable outside your house..

apparently it works well.

though i agree with tact. they ALWAYS have to arrest you, take you to the station and do questioning. it's formality. if you're innocent then you're free to go, if not then there's problems :P
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 06:49   #30
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
The funny thing that hit me while reading this, is the fact that in a country where everyone has a gun, stuff like this happens.

"It happens all the time" and "it wonṫ be more than a local newspaper thing" really turn my bowels as the mere fact stands that guns kill, and thus noone should have them.

It is strange that a junkie that has to steal for drugs still has a side shotgun... But in america, anything is possible.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 08:15   #31
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
geez.. just get one of those 'tresspassers will be shot' signs and stick it somewhere visable outside your house..

apparently it works well.

though i agree with tact. they ALWAYS have to arrest you, take you to the station and do questioning. it's formality. if you're innocent then you're free to go, if not then there's problems :P
i prefer

Trespassers will be shot

Surviviors will be shot twice
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 09:08   #32
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
i prefer

Trespassers will be shot

Surviviors will be shot twice*
*again

[/pedantic]
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 10:56   #33
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

The fact that you defended yourself isn't the part that's on trial. It's the fact you had access to a pistol. It's the fact your fired first before doing anything else. True, he might of raised a gun at you. True, you acted in what you thought at the time was self defense. But do you KNOW he would of shot? Do you KNOW that had you not of shot him, you wouldn't be alive now? No. And you never will.

not knowing is better than finding out by being shot.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:02   #34
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Wouldn't the sign scare more trespassers off, if it said

Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be stabbed with a wooden stake.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:14   #35
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp
Wouldn't the sign scare more trespassers off, if it said

Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be stabbed with a wooden stake.
the point of the sign is that it is funny. your alteration removes all traces of humour.

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:18   #36
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
your lucky you never got bum raped
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:20   #37
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
If you had done this in my country, it would have been a 1 in a million thing that someone who broke into a house had a gun in the first place AND that the person inside the house also had a gun. You think maybe if your country wasn't so ****ed up as to have so many people with guns you wouldn't be in this problem?? Also if this happened, it would make it on the news and reporters would milk it for months about whether you should be convicted or not. And you most likely would be.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:28   #38
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkeypimp
If you had done this in my country, it would have been a 1 in a million thing that someone who broke into a house had a gun in the first place AND that the person inside the house also had a gun. You think maybe if your country wasn't so ****ed up as to have so many people with guns you wouldn't be in this problem?? Also if this happened, it would make it on the news and reporters would milk it for months about whether you should be convicted or not. And you most likely would be.
Like I said.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:31   #39
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
Like I said.
Ditto the UK.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:35   #40
gdncnqdf
One of the Originals

gdncnqdf is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
i prefer

Trespassers will be shot

Surviviors will be shot twice
Unoriginal
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 12:38   #41
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
if you didnt have a gun in the first place nothin would have happened
you sure about that?

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 15:17   #42
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
you sure about that?
Alternatively, he could have called the police instead of grabbing the gun, going into the kitchen and shooting whomever was there. I sincerely doubt all phones in his house are located in the kitchen.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 15:59   #43
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Ditto the UK.

yeap, million to one. This kinf of thing actually makes the news in the UK when it happens.

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 16:01   #44
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Alternatively, he could have called the police instead of grabbing the gun, going into the kitchen and shooting whomever was there. I sincerely doubt all phones in his house are located in the kitchen.
I don't deny that. however faced with someone with a gun, I would prefer them to be dead than me.

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 16:02   #45
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
if you didnt have a gun in the first place nothin would have happened
If the guy never broke into his house nothing would have happened, hows about that one eh ? eh ? eh ?
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 16:34   #46
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
yeap, million to one. This kinf of thing actually makes the news in the UK when it happens.
Public travesties of justice make the news in almost every semi-functional country.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 16:37   #47
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkeypimp
So your country is screwed up, why are you telling us? Go write to your government or something.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 17:27   #48
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

im sick of all you pissy liberals lately.

HELLO. ****WITS. BREAKING INTO SOMEONES HOUSE IS A CRIME.
NO DOUBT TO FEED HIS POT ADDICTION WHICH YOU ALL APPROVE OF AS WELL.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 17:30   #49
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
**thinks of recent gun-control thread**

Questions raised:

- Would the man have had a gun if there was more strict control on guns?
- Would you or the man be dead if you/he didn't have a gun?

I don't want to start this whole discussion again, but I remain sceptical about such a thing. I believe that this random burglar would have had a baseballbat or a knife as a weapon if there'd be more gun control in your country. Less lethal, but he prolly would have succeeded in robbing you, but there probably wouldn't be any dead people now.

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 18:00   #50
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Although I don't own a gun, if I did, I would've done the same thing in this situation.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Closed Thread