User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Champions League winners?
AC Milan 27 18.62%
Arsenal 30 20.69%
Barcelona 13 8.97%
Juventus 10 6.90%
Manchester United 41 28.28%
Real Madrid 13 8.97%
Valencia, but you're kidding yourselves. They're going to win now, aren't they. 11 7.59%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:45   #101
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Sheff Wednesday and Nottingham Forest fans have seen their teams drop out of the top league and become a shadow of their former self, but still the true fans go to support their team week in week out.
Thank you very much. We're bottom of Division One, almost bankrupt with no good players whatsoever and we're still getting 20,000 turning up week in week out. I also live with a Forest fan who's had a season ticket there for 4 years and skimps and saves whilst working every holiday to afford the away matches as well.

Both sets of fans never cease to amaze me.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:19   #102
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
When you describe "best fans" you really have to be more specific.
To me, "best fans" are defined by :
  • Loyalty
  • Home Attendance
  • Travelling Support
  • Friendliness
  • Loudest
  • Violence level and prejudice

I tend to agree with JC
(as usual )

in fact i only dont when he starts rating Yorke and Cole

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 08:47   #103
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
Ajax clearly leads their group.
The tables would disagree with you.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 09:28   #104
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
not according to itv.
if i remember correctly goal difference isnt the #1 factor

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 09:36   #105
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Maybe he's right, but I got my information here, which says Arsenal are first.

Come to think of it, it works on who beat whom, and therefore Ajax may well be top.

Not that any team in that group deserves to win it, on these performances. Arsenal (my favourite Premiership team), Ajax, Valencia and Roma have all gone out of their way to make it the most boring group possible.

Last edited by LHC; 28 Feb 2003 at 12:26.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:42   #106
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Maybe he's right, but I got my information here, which says Arsenal are first.

Come to think of it, it works on who beat whom, and therefore Ajax may well be top.

Not that any team in that group deserves to win it, on these performances. Arsenal (my favourite Premiership team), Ajax, Valencia and Roma have all gone out of their way to make it the most boring group possible.
iirc, it goes on

1. Results againts team you've drawn with.

2. Goal Difference

3. Some system where one of the teams is removed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 16:30   #107
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Correct, when two teams finish on the same amount of points, it's the result between those teams that counts, not the goal difference. Hence, with a 1-1 on Highbury and a 0-0 in Amsterdam, Ajax lead their group over Arsenal. The Sky Sports website is thus incorrect.

As for the entertainment value of the matches, or possibly the lack thereof, I can't speak for either Arsenal, Valencia, or AS Roma, but Ajax aren't going out of their way to make it a boring game, but to survive.

I heard Arsène Wenger complaing about how Ajax played defensively in Amsterdam, and how he didn't expect that, and how bad it was because now Arsenal didn't win. The only thing I could think was: "So, you expected Ajax to play in a style that would enable Arsenal to win, and now you're angry that they actually played in a style that your team couldn't handle?"
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 17:34   #108
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I heard Arsène Wenger complaing
welcome to the premiership. Wenger and ferguson sitting about being smug, and taking losing badly.

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 17:44   #109
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Welcome to GD. Deffeh sitting about being smug and taking losing badly.

Does the scoring draw at Highbury actually count towards Ajax winning the tie on away goals? As far as i know away goals dont mean anything in the league part of the Champs league. BBC also rank Arsenal above Ajax on their website, but i am unsure as to how they have worked out their ranking system. Anyways, it doesnt really matter how its ranked until the final games have been played.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 17:47   #110
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Welcome to GD. Deffeh sitting about being smug and taking losing badly.
mods : (((((((((((((((
im being trolled agaiN!1111!!

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 22:01   #111
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
tell me about it

The atmosphere at parkhead is unbelievable.. you even get a real feel of it when your watching the Tv. When i cameback from our superb 4-3 win against Juve, my ears were buzzing, the crowd was still resounding in my head.
The entire ground singing through halftime was what impressed me. I wasn't at the game personally but was told so i can't offer a first hand opinion, but impressive all the same me thinks.

Quote:

However, both Celtic and Rangers fans are plagues by a large prcentage of idiots. UVF, IRA supporters. Bringing israeli and palestinian gflags into games. Rangers fans buy england tops and wave st georges cross (rule brittania unionism etc) and Celtic fans buy Ireland tops and wave irish flags. Constant yellings of "hun" and "tim" and loud renditions of the Billy Boys, the fields of athelrye etc.

Not one of these people is a true fan. i dont care how far they travel or how often they go to games. These people are moronic ****s that bring the name of glasgow clubs down. Its embarrassing that those that consider themselves "true" celtic fans or "true" rangers fans would rather see Ireland/England do well in the world cup rather than trying to boost our national teams support.
sunderland always send alot of the supporters to the rangers/celtic matches on the celtic side, only 100 or so but its always a fantastic occassion, i've only sat with the celtic boys once but we really enjoyed it, they were even happy for us to be clad in red and white it didn't have the intensty of sunderland,newcastle for me though, but then being a semi neutral i doubt it would. u get morons everywhere though, although i think man utd have the most. the size of the club means there full of part time supporters that are intent on causing trouble sad really.

Quote:
Originally posted by JC

The best fans we've had down at Ewood would be from Celtic, Sunderland or Sheff Wed
Sheff Wed are a premiership team, if only they'd got Cantona instead of David Hurst there supporters are great though although i cant remember when we played them last tbh. i do have issues with the band but the song 'were ****, and your worse than us' is a classic

Quote:

When you describe "best fans" you really have to be more specific.
To me, "best fans" are defined by :

Loyalty

Home Attendance

Travelling Support

Friendliness

Loudest

Violence level and prejudice

Its the core that matters though, most recently the 50 or so southampton supporters that came to watch them play us on a tuesday night, thats impressive imo.
Sometimes prejudice is ok too, theres nothing better than picking on alan shearer or the turks and germans can't wait for turkey to play england at sunderland, phillips should be in the team just for the way it would bolster the crowd.

Inter for the champions league btw

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 22:48   #112
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
I
DEMAND
AJAX
TO
BE
IN
THE
POLL
FSFSFSFS
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:07   #113
Thiebold Axeslammer
National Village Idiot

Thiebold Axeslammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
I
DEMAND
AJAX
TO
BE
IN
THE
POLL
FSFSFSFS
Thiebold Axeslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:10   #114
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Yeah, because they'll win the poll now!
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:40   #115
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

all votes for arsenal should be discounted due to the sheer idiocy of them. Anyone who voted for them cant have seen how boring and **** theyve been in europe this year.

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:45   #116
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Like Liverpool in every European game ever then, Deffeh.

Admittedly Arsenal won't (and don't deserve to) win, but at least they got past the first group stage.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:55   #117
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Like Liverpool in every European game ever then, Deffeh.
like arsenal in 90% of their games in the 90's then, LHC.

Liverpool screwed up.
Arsenal are a better team this season.

But they are a better team that plays well in the premiership, and stinks in europe.

Unread 3 Mar 2003, 16:26   #118
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
i put down barcelona when this thread started, but i'm worried about how they'll play without cocu.

they are still the best team there tho.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 09:49   #119
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Of course, Barcelona has the best material, but I doubt they will win.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 21:42   #120
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
go g00ners!!! \o/
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 05:56   #121
iain50

iain50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
Celtic fans are by far the best in Britian.

not even remotly true, and the best atmosphere inside parkhead was when McCann scored our Third to lift the title.

On a serious note, im a season ticket holder (despite living in Northampton 400 miles away, born in govan to a proddie family tho) in the copland front, one of the 'quieter areas of the ground, and im still surrounded by teenage boys who know nothing about the ulster flags they wear around their shoulders, who couldnt tell you a thing about the apprentice boys except what they learned from the songs and who still make monkey noises any time a black player touches the ball.

cant comment on ceptic park, dont go there enough, but im sure it is as bad.
iain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:00   #122
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by iain50
unfortunately
Makes me sick to associate myself with other celtic fans tbh sometimes.

The lack of general knowledge, decency, decorum, empathy, and understanding from the green AND the blue parts of glasgow are a constant embarrassment to me, and any other proper football fan.

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 20:09   #123
Noob
*** pe0n ***

Noob is an unknown quantity at this point
although im a big Utd fan i think that Milan will be the team to win this year

Round 3 - 92:16:22
Round 4 - 60:14:06
Round 5 - 15:09:13
Round 6 - 06:12:12
Round 7 - 22:20:08
Round 8 - 33:10:09
Round 9 - Retired
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 20:47   #124
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
A milan -Man u final would definetly go down a treat.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:07   #125
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by iain50

On a serious note, im a season ticket holder (despite living in Northampton 400 miles away, born in govan to a proddie family tho) in the copland front, one of the 'quieter areas of the ground, and im still surrounded by teenage boys who know nothing about the ulster flags they wear around their shoulders, who couldnt tell you a thing about the apprentice boys except what they learned from the songs and who still make monkey noises any time a black player touches the ball.

Snap, i sit amongst you and stupid teenagers, and the twats with the uvf tatoos. Scotland - segregation from age 5
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:08   #126
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Noob
Milan will be the team to win this year
Strongest team on paper Imo, good bet.
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 09:00   #127
iain50

iain50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Amo, cf2 m 42, you? I will look you up at the game on the 5th april. Or if you want meet for a quick pint in the albion
iain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:44   #128
Dakeyras

I voted Arsenal as I am an Arsenal fan myself. Admittedly, we have not been good in europe this season, but if we start playing like we have in the league and the FA cup (ok, we were not amazing against Chelsea, but we were resting some of our key players) we will do it.
Man U - well, it has been said by everyone else - I am not mad about your fans, except the real ones. I have been to old trafford more than 98% (ish) of Man U fans
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 00:53   #129
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
quite frankly, I'm embarrassed that I support Arsenal after tonights performance.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 00:56   #130
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

once again, **** and boring, no result.

Newcastle were absolutely ****ing robbed tonight btw

Unread 12 Mar 2003, 09:12   #131
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Okay, if any team from Arsenal's group get past the quarter finals, it's unfair.

What a ****ing ****e group. It actually looked promising when drawn as well.

A lot of people (i.e. Newspapers) have been making out that Arsenal don't stand a chance of qualification now. I don't understand why though. All they need is a draw, and it appears that they are very much capable of those, since they have four of those, out of five matches.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 10:18   #132
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Okay, if any team from Arsenal's group get past the quarter finals, it's unfair.

What a ****ing ****e group. It actually looked promising when drawn as well.

A lot of people (i.e. Newspapers) have been making out that Arsenal don't stand a chance of qualification now. I don't understand why though. All they need is a draw, and it appears that they are very much capable of those, since they have four of those, out of five matches.
but in valencia :/

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 16:10   #133
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Arsenal's European away form is good this season.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 17:10   #134
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
As opposed as to AC Milan playing defensively and sneaking in one goal a game to grab one 1-0 victory after the other?
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 17:16   #135
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

at least going into game 6th the positions in arsenals group are interesting, even if the football hasnt been. would be even more interesting if arsenal had lost last night though

Arsenal will get a 2-2 draw and go through with one win.
Newcy will go out with 3

Unread 12 Mar 2003, 20:44   #136
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
As opposed as to AC Milan playing defensively and sneaking in one goal a game to grab one 1-0 victory after the other?
I don't know, I'm not paying much attention to the other groups, but I know that this group has been pathetic, so if anybody (including Arsenal) goes past the quarters it will be unfair.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 01:24   #137
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
FC Twente will win the competion, then enter champions league and become #1.

doh
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 05:42   #138
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Well well well

Real Madrid qualify if they beat Lokamotiv Moscow, or from any other result if Dortmund don't beat AC Milan.

Newcastle need to beat Barca, and have Leverkusen not lose to Inter (a bit of a tall order, but still possible).

Basle qualify if they beat Juve and Manchester United beat Deportivo, otherwise Juve go through.

With the winners of those groups AC Milan, Barca and Man U respectively.

Anyone can qualify from the remaining group, with Arsenal going through if they don't lose to Valencia. If Valencia win, they go through along with Arsenal if Roma win, or Ajax otherwise. If Roma win and Arsenal draw, then Roma go through. If Roma win and Arsenal win, Roma go through if they win either with 2 clear goals or a clean sheat. (If memory serves on the deciding factors of qualification.)

ps. All you Ajax supporters who didn't like their exclusion from the poll will have your wishes granted in a week when we get a BRAND SPANKING NEW QUARTER FINALS POLL.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 13 Mar 2003 at 05:51.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:11   #139
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Roma are out.

edit: actually, maybe not.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:53   #140
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Roma are out.

edit: actually, maybe not.
If memory serves, you get a 'minileague' of all teams drawing on points, and whoever wins that goes through.

Then goal difference

Then goals scored.

Something like that, I'm still half asleep.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:14   #141
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

When two teams draw on points, it's the result between those teams that counts. So if Arsenal wins, and Roma beats Ajax, it depends on the numbers whether Ajax or Roma goes through. A 1-0 to Roma or any other win with 2 goals difference would tip the scales in favour of Roma, while a 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 etc would mean Ajax qualify.

The mini-league thing would only happen when 3 teams equal on points, eg Arsenal and Ajax both lose, putting Arsenal, Ajax and AS Roma on 7 points. In which case the results against Valencia don't count.

Basically, both Ajax and Arsenal need a draw to qualify.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:26   #142
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
When two teams draw on points, it's the result between those teams that counts. So if Arsenal wins, and Roma beats Ajax, it depends on the numbers whether Ajax or Roma goes through. A 1-0 to Roma or any other win with 2 goals difference would tip the scales in favour of Roma, while a 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 etc would mean Ajax qualify.

The mini-league thing would only happen when 3 teams equal on points, eg Arsenal and Ajax both lose, putting Arsenal, Ajax and AS Roma on 7 points. In which case the results against Valencia don't count.
Didn't I say this in my post?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:06   #143
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

By the looks of it, Roma actually can still go through. It's just that listening to the ITV commentary, they said "This result is no good to Roma, they'll go out".
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:16   #144
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
By the looks of it, Roma actually can still go through. It's just that listening to the ITV commentary, they said "This result is no good to Roma, they'll go out".
Did Big Ron say that?

Never rely on the ITV commentators for reliable info.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:18   #145
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Or the bbc ones...

Remember in the WC after the nigeria game, where england needed and got a draw to qualify, the first thing Garth Brooks said to Sven when interviewing him was 'I can confirm that England have qualified'
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:27   #146
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Well at least he was correct....
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 18:22   #147
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
why unsticky
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:26   #148
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Big up for those of you who voted AC Milan!

Bumpity bumpity!
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:31   #149
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Big up for those of you who voted AC Milan!

Bumpity bumpity!
I jsut did

I kind of cheated :/

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:33   #150
Anu