User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:33   #1
acousticset

acousticset is an unknown quantity at this point
reaction to somewhere i belong

what do you all think of the new linkin park song, good bad or average discuss

in my opinion the song is one of the best new songs released in a while, and is totally better than that crap internet song limp bizkit realised.
acousticset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:35   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: reaction to somewhere i belong

Quote:
Originally posted by acousticset
linkin park ... one of the best new songs released in a while
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHHAHA
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:35   #3
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
i havent heard it, but judging the quality of their first album, then the fact they had to re release a 'remixed' version of it, and also going on the fact they are manufactured, cant write their own lyrics, and generally have no talent whatsoever (imo) id guess its bollocks.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:36   #4
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

in my opinion the song is one of the best new songs released in a while, and is totally better than that crap internet song limp bizkit realised.

sounds like he's tryin to be a cross between kurt cobain / korn guy
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:37   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
i havent heard it, but judging the quality of their first album, then the fact they had to re release a 'remixed' version of it, and also going on the fact they are manufactured, cant write their own lyrics, and generally have no talent whatsoever (imo) id guess its bollocks.
How did they explain away not actually coming up with any original material for that second album?

And they're pretty much ****e, I'd be surprised if they've produced anything of a listenable quality.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:37   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The irony being that Kurt Cobaine would really despise Linkin Park and their ilk
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:40   #7
acousticset

its obvious people here are narrow minded and dont actually listen to the music to judge it, u just base evrything on what you beleive

p.s i canyt believ people still belive they are manufactured
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:40   #8
Ap0k
Spritely:

Re: Re: reaction to somewhere i belong

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
korn guy
jonny davis?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:41   #9
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
its obvious people here are narrow minded and dont actually listen to the music to judge it, u just base evrything on what you beleive

DONT

BE

SILLY
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:41   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Explain that second album then.

And I bought the first one, thinking 'it might be good for a punt', I didn't mind Crawling at the time.

I took it back the next day.

It's generic ****e.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:42   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I believe they're ****e.

I got this belief from hearing their music.

Capiche?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:47   #12
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

by the sounds of the two i would say limp ****skits song is better.

Listen to some decent music kid.

TRANCE TRANCE TRANCE
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:52   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
The newbie is getting flamed pretty bad.

Two threads, two instant kills.

How funny.

And you don't believe we're being a bit xenophobic here?

He's just a newbie who lacks proper thinking-equipment, maybe he'll develop them later on. Baptism of fire, eh...
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:53   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
The newbie is getting flamed pretty bad.

Two threads, two instant kills.

How funny.

And you don't believe we're being a bit xenophobic here?

He's just a newbie who lacks proper thinking-equipment, maybe he'll develop them later on. Baptism of fire, eh...
He's posted two threads based on utter, utter, contemptuous ****e.

Anyone else'd get a ****ing too.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:55   #15
Ap0k
Spritely:

i have come to the (no doubt somewhat misguided) opinion that all accounts regged after christmas are gimmicks.

if i treat them like gimmicks they either go away, or hang around. if they go away i am proven right, if they hang around they see the error of their shyte initial threads.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:57   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
He's posted two threads based on utter, utter, contemptuous ****e.

Anyone else'd get a ****ing too.
You are right, that is.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:57   #17
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
i have come to the (no doubt somewhat misguided) opinion that all accounts regged after christmas are gimmicks.

if i treat them like gimmicks they either go away, or hang around. if they go away i am proven right, if they hang around they see the error of their shyte initial threads.

anything regged in 2002 really
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:22   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The irony being that Kurt Cobaine would really despise Linkin Park and their ilk
Kunt Cocaine was an asshole too.

Anyway, linkin park are no worse than hell is for heroes, papa roach, craytown, dead phoetus, hoobastank, alice in chains, new found glory, lost prophets, staind, nickelback or any of their modern ilk.

Cue typical "one of the above bands are nothing like the others!!!!" response

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:26   #19
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Kunt Cocaine was an asshole too.

Anyway, linkin park are no worse than hell is for heroes - apparently rather good live
, papa roach - good music. shyte live. cant comment on new album however, may be wrong.
, craytown - never heard of em.
, dead phoetus - and again.
, hoobastank - listenable to, but got old too quick :\ some good tracks.
, alice in chains - have heard of them, but none of their music.
, new found glory - decent, better than blink imo.
, lost prophets - also have a few good tracks, also shyte live.
, staind - limp bizkit endorsed c0ck.
, nickelback - pants.
or any of their modern ilk.

Cue typical "one of the above bands are nothing like the others!!!!" response
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:42   #20
acousticset

wow u people really think you prove your point bu calling me a newbie, and calling stuff **** omg i never knew you people didnt know how to argue. The second album is Meteora teh one coming out in March, the other one was a side project they have been writing this new album for 18 months, you should atleast know the facts before commenting, and the thread i amde about lord of the rings was something my mate Starmog who is also a memeber here and has been for a while told me to do.

But heres an idea for you all research what i say then comment because u cant judge peopel on previous music. To me you all sound like people who are fans of 80's metal which is just happy metal or maybe you guys here are pop fans, but i know what i like and i like linkin park. i also like alot of other nu-metal but i also love rage against the machine style stuff, rap, hip hop and some classical stuff. So dont think you can make me go away or even offend with your petty remarks.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:44   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
wow u people really think you prove your point bu calling me a newbie, and calling stuff **** omg i never knew you people didnt know how to argue. The second album is Meteora teh one coming out in March, the other one was a side project they have been writing this new album for 18 months, you should atleast know the facts before commenting, and the thread i amde about lord of the rings was something my mate Starmog who is also a memeber here and has been for a while told me to do.

But heres an idea for you all research what i say then comment because u cant judge peopel on previous music. To me you all sound like people who are fans of 80's metal which is just happy metal or maybe you guys here are pop fans, but i know what i like and i like linkin park. i also like alot of other nu-metal but i also love rage against the machine style stuff, rap, hip hop and some classical stuff. So dont think you can make me go away or even offend with your petty remarks.
You asked for an opinion, when given it and it wasn't positive you manage to come back with the response that we're petty?

I dislike Linkin Park not because I dislike the genre as a whole but because of the music I've heard (which is only the first album and that terrible remix nonsense) and the fact that, in my opinion, which you incidentally asked for by starting this thread, it's crap.

If you're not willing to accept other people's opinions about things, why are you asking for them in the first place? Grow up.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:48   #22
acousticset

i would acept your opinions if they were based on actual knowledge of the new single, i mean i dont have a problem with the pople who said tehy dont like the song, but the peopel who are going on about the remix are the pople i dont like because how can judge the new single on the old remix album, someone explain the logic there
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:50   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
i would acept your opinions if they were based on actual knowledge of the new single, i mean i dont have a problem with the pople who said tehy dont like the song, but the peopel who are going on about the remix are the pople i dont like because how can judge the new single on the old remix album, someone explain the logic there
Because the likelihood of there being a signifigant change in quality from past experiences to this 'oh so new single' is somewhat unlikely, the last album was formulaic and aimed at pleasing the audience, so it would be illogical to assume that the new single with be anything other than that.

If it is, fair play to them.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:51   #24
Ap0k
Spritely:

if i remember there were 11 tracks on the first album. with the second album (the remixed one) being the same length (i guess) thats means of 23 tracks so far, u claim one is good.

there is a 1/23 chance of us being wrong.

(incidentally, id like it to be known im **** at maths, if the above statement is wrong, dont bother correcting meh, it makes sense in my head)
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:53   #25
acousticset

no comment on maths except that there were 12 trax on first album, and were 15 on the remix album lol so taht would be 1/28
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:53   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

What's the title of this new song? I just heard a clip of something on the net, I stand by my retort of them playing to the masses and producing very formulaic music. From what I've heard it's nothing groundbreaking, nothing special, but I'm sure that all those nu-metal fans out there will think it's the best thing since hoodies.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:58   #27
acousticset

the single itself isnt that groundbreaking but the album is because it uses looads of new instruments not usually found in nu metal. But im more than just a nu-metal fan, i love most forms of rock except for real heavy stuff liek slipknot whihc appeals to people that think that slitting there wrists is fun (i shouldnt stereotype) the british band inme, progressive rock like dream theater and queenschryche are quite good but so are people like fuel and evanescence.
i like too many bands to name them all.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:01   #28
acousticset

its called somewhere i belong btw
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:18   #29
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
and the thread i amde about lord of the rings was something my mate Starmog who is also a memeber here and has been for a while told me to do.

[sarcasm]

"cheers"

[/sarcasm]
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:24   #30
acousticset

kurt cobaine was hardly that great anyway, his songs all sounded similar and he only played easy power chords, name me one guitarist that cant play smells like teen spirit or lithium
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:27   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
cobain was really quite not commercial (imho)
and deffeh, i know this is playing into your hands, but i think you shouldnt have alice in chains on that list :/
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:29   #32
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
the single itself isnt that groundbreaking but the album is because it uses looads of new instruments not usually found in nu metal. But im more than just a nu-metal fan, i love most forms of rock except for real heavy stuff liek slipknot whihc appeals to people that think that slitting there wrists is fun (i shouldnt stereotype) the british band inme, progressive rock like dream theater and queenschryche are quite good but so are people like fuel and evanescence.
i like too many bands to name them all.
gimmick

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:30   #33
acousticset

deffah u have called me a gimmick about 6 times now
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:41   #34
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i sure have

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:45   #35
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
im starting to agree.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:48   #36
Tietäjä
Good Son

It's damn tough to be a decent gimmick nowadays.

Or a new-user (I avoided the term newbie not to insult him/her).
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:51   #37
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd have thought you lot would be able to spot troll accounts by now.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:00   #38
acousticset

im sorry most people i know agree with me that nirvana and kurt cobaine were really over rated its my simple opinion, they were still good though none the less but all it was was power chords
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:05   #39
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
I'd have thought you lot would be able to spot troll accounts by now.
Yes.

Nirvana isn't brilliant, it's good.

Ozzy Osbourne isn't brilliant, he's good.

Kelly Osbourne, now THAT'S what people around where I live call ****e. Wondering off topic again, ain't I?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:07   #40
acousticset

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Yes.

Nirvana isn't brilliant, it's good.

Ozzy Osbourne isn't brilliant, he's good.

Kelly Osbourne, now THAT'S what people around where I live call ****e. Wondering off topic again, ain't I?
totally agreeable
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:09   #41
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
kurt cobaine was hardly that great anyway, his songs all sounded similar and he only played easy power chords, name me one guitarist that cant play smells like teen spirit or lithium
From this time, for several weeks, a series of pageants and festivities surrounded Christopher Columbus. At no other period of his life were such honors paid to him. It was at one of the banquets, at which he was present, that the incident of the egg, so often told in connection with the great discovery, took place. A flippant courtier--of that large class of people who stay at home when great deeds are done, and afterwards depreciate the doers of them--had the impertinence to ask Columbus, if the adventure so much praised was not, after all, a very simple matter. He probably said "a short voyage of four or five weeks; was it anything more?" Columbus replied by giving him an egg which was on the table, and asking him if he could stand it on one end. He said he could not, and the other guests said that they could not. Columbus tapped it on the table so as to break the end of the shell, and the egg stood erect. "It is easy enough," he said, "when someone has shown you how."
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:12   #42
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
sounds like he's tryin to be a cross between kurt cobain / korn guy
Oh yes, because you just know that's what he was thinking when he developed his voice.

: R O L L E Y E S :

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
cobain was really quite not commercial (imho)
Sure he was. His image was played into the hands of all those who were a part of the culture of the time. I hate to say it, but much of it was like that of Avril Lavigne right now. The difference is that record companies didn't yet know how to cater to specifics; they know now just how marketable it is to make an impression on the stupid youth of the planet.*

Personally, I like "Somewhere I Belong" - I first heard it on the radio driving to school, really fast, and it was a nice 'pick up' in spirit. I would not call it one of the best new releases, because it's not, but acousticset was correct in stating it's better than the royal ****load Limp Bizkit effort.

*Boobs make money! ( . Y . )
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:14   #43
acousticset

man its hard beeing a linkin park fan, but i dont care u couldnt change me if you tried
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:16   #44
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Anyway, linkin park are no worse than hell is for heroes, papa roach, craytown, dead phoetus, hoobastank, alice in chains, new found glory, lost prophets, staind, nickelback or any of their modern ilk.
To be fair, Nickelback are not a new band, and the others are different in that they don't have gay rappers in them.

Nickleback are actually quite good in concert, but the others are basic ****e.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:21   #45
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
man its hard beeing a linkin park fan, but i dont care u couldnt change me if you tried
It was hard being a Blink-182 fan. After seeing them live though, it's quite easy to not be a fan, heh.

Just get over the fact people don't like Linkin Park. The world isn't going to end over it, heh.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:22   #46
acousticset

nickelback are ok, apparently they are relly boring in concert though and hell is for heroes are really good
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:24   #47
acousticset

i dont care if people dont like them, i dont like them because they are popular i like them because tehy appeal to me
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:25   #48
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
nickelback are ok, apparently they are relly boring in concert though and hell is for heroes are really good
Blatantly attracting flames, are ya?

That nickelback thing really is flammable.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:26   #49
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

modern music
two thumbs down

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:56   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Kurt Cobaine rather disliked all the commercial aspects.

He reportedly disliked Nevermind because it sounded too false.