User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Feb 2003, 03:07   #1
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to bed now.

Because I'm tired.

Discussion topic:

Why does 'life' get tired? Why does sleeping untired you?

Over to you, GD

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 03:43   #2
cheesehead
Banned

cheesehead is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know, but sleeping is fun.
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 09:47   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Ask a biologist
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 10:14   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: I'm going to bed now.

Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Why does 'life' get tired? Why does sleeping untired you?
The only thing that needs to sleep is your brain, the rest of your body doesn't need it. Since your brain is active while you're awake there is no alternative.

Unless you can do the dolphin trick and use half your brain half the time and the other half of your brain the rest of the time.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 10:19   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
you do realize your brain is active while you sleep too, right?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 11:47   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Well, yeah, you're not brain dead when you're asleep. What I meant was your brain can only rest when you're asleep. Which is why you have to sleep.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 11:51   #7
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
That's fascinating!

I'm awake now, by the way.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:12   #8
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
There was a program on TV a couple of months ago about Narcolepsy. Scientists have discovered a chemical the brain creates which keeps the brain alert. At a basic level,at some point in the day your brain slows down the production of this chemical - which puts you to into sleep. Narcoleptics dont have this chemical so it is very difficult to stay awake.

They reckon in years to come they'd be able to produce this chemical in tablet form, and it could mean you could stay awake for days at a time. Although in reality its being designed for Narcoleptics to replace current drugs which arent very effective.

Mind you they have only discovered WHAT causes sleep, not WHY we need to sleep.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:49   #9
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by CjC
They reckon in years to come they'd be able to produce this chemical in tablet form, and it could mean you could stay awake for days at a time.
Sounds pretty dangerous to me. You sleep for a reason, not simply because a chemical tells you to.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:54   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

How is it that tossy threads like this live, when on the same token, pulsating nodes of potential discssuion like this one get closed?

It's a scandal, that's what it is.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:55   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
sleep is one of lifes tricks. The more we get tired, we dont gain all our energy back. by the end of our lives, we just want rest.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:00   #12
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
do we not use like a small percentage of our brain.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 14:36   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
How is it that tossy threads like this live, when on the same token, pulsating nodes of potential discssuion like this one get closed?

It's a scandal, that's what it is.
So bitter...

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
do we not use like a small percentage of our brain.
Yeah, about 10% I think it is. If you know a way to use the other 90% I'd be glad to hear it.
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 16:38   #14
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Sounds pretty dangerous to me. You sleep for a reason, not simply because a chemical tells you to.
Quote:
Mind you they have only discovered WHAT causes sleep, not WHY we need to sleep.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote