User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Feb 2003, 22:09   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Modem drivers for Windows XP

I recently installed Windows XP and SP1. So far so good..

Problem is the basic installation doesn't recognise my modem and I can't find drivers for it on the almighty Internet (yes, I have even tried searching on the Big G). Any ideas where I could get one?

I'm not sure what my modem is but here's some info on it:

It's an internal PCI 56k fax modem.
Looking at it I see that the chipset has the following written on it:
Motorola
62412-51
Lots of other numbers which I assume mean nothing

A link to the right driver would be very useful

I already downloaded a driver but it doesn't seem to be correct because Windows XP tells me that it's wrong
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 22:47   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Go to http://beta.driverguide.com/beta/bet...1500&dp=2&fs=0

If it asks you for a login use l/p driver/all.

There's about 4 diferent XP drivers listed for that chipset.

Enjoy
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 23:02   #3
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Go to http://beta.driverguide.com/beta/bet...1500&dp=2&fs=0

If it asks you for a login use l/p driver/all.

There's about 4 diferent XP drivers listed for that chipset.

Enjoy
Gayle to the rescue!
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 23:17   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Well, I gave that site a go but no luck.
One of them was just linked to an Excel file and people had posted about how upset they were that it wasn't a driver. There were even rude words and something about somebody's "misguided" opinion of Stalin :eek:
The others were almost as useless.

Any other ideas?

PS: Thanks anyway
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 03:17   #5
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Using my amazing powers of deduction, I have deduced that you actually have a lucent lt modem

Code:
some dodgy website
<p>:: <a href="../lucent/modem-lucent-winmoden810.zip">Motorola 62412-51 56k Win95</a></p>
SOOOO

Install this.

(Lucent spun off Agere, and gave them the nice job of dealing with the quadrillions of people with lucent lt modems)

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 10:01   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

lucent lt? mm... doesn't sound familiar. I'll give it a go when I get home tonight though.

{EDIT: Well, I tried it and it didn't work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. All I do is run the Setup programme and it installs the driver. I also tried doing it through the Device Manager but no luck. Any other ideas?}

Last edited by ChubbyChecker; 19 Feb 2003 at 20:43.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 23:28   #7
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
lucent lt? mm... doesn't sound familiar. I'll give it a go when I get home tonight though.

{EDIT: Well, I tried it and it didn't work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. All I do is run the Setup programme and it installs the driver. I also tried doing it through the Device Manager but no luck. Any other ideas?}

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BROADBAND??
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 23:46   #8
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
I'll sell you my 56k modem for £6666666666650
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 01:10   #9
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
we need more chipset ids
does it still have its FCC sticker?

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 09:50   #10
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Yeah, I think so. I'll have to open her up (the PC) and have a look. What will the FCC sticker help?
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 10:34   #11
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
it is some identification for what product version you have.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:19   #12
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Get yourself a cheap serial [external] modem and save yourself the hassle. May take up a plug but at least they are usually hardware and will come with disks etc
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:58   #13
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Yeah, I think so. I'll have to open her up (the PC) and have a look. What will the FCC sticker help?
Specific modem identification as oposed to just the chipset. PCI device ID would help there as well.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 18:48   #14
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Okay, here goes:

The FCC "stamp" is actually printed directly onto the board. It states "Tested to Comply with FCC Standards" so no luck there.

There is a label on the back which reads IF56K-M. There is also a number 001800642 which I assume is the barcode.

There is also some white component on the board, I have no idea what it is. It reads ATS-369 Atech.

Any ideas???
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 02:45   #15
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
When you restart your computer, a list of the items connected to the PCI Ports of your motherboard are listed

i belive if you press pause/break at this point it will stop the screen at this point allowing you to write it down, note down the PCI slot on your motherboard after opening it up (the numbers decend from the processor side downwards (i belive, you can cross reference it anyway)) and note down the ID's for the modem there

then we may be able to help

internal modems are annoying without driver disks
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 21:23   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
When you restart your computer, a list of the items connected to the PCI Ports of your motherboard are listed

i belive if you press pause/break at this point it will stop the screen at this point allowing you to write it down, note down the PCI slot on your motherboard after opening it up (the numbers decend from the processor side downwards (i belive, you can cross reference it anyway)) and note down the ID's for the modem there

then we may be able to help

internal modems are annoying without driver disks
Thanks for the advice, but I got so annoyed with my modem that I ripped it out its socket, smashed it to pieces and bought myself a new modem. That'll teach uncooperative electronic components to mess with me!!!

Oh, and the new modem works fine.