User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 18 Feb 2003, 16:59   #1
Gitchin

Gitchin is an unknown quantity at this point
Gangsters 2

Has anyone got this game and Windows XP? Does it run on Windows XP. It doesnt say that it is compatable. I checked the Edios website and they said if you had all the new updates theres a chance of it working. That is wasnt their fault if it doesnt its Microsofts for not making XP compatable with 95 and 98. Edios seem like Di*ks to me. I ask because I have got Gangers, and that doenst work...
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:01   #2
Ðiscorporation

I upgraded my Win98 to WinXP and everything works fine on eit, now

but, seeing it doens't seem to work on your pc, I think you answered your own question
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:03   #3
Gitchin

Gangers doesnt work, but I dont know about Gangers 2, as its newer, it might be different. Though it seems unlikely
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:07   #4
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Gitchin
Gangers doesnt work, but I dont know about Gangers 2, as its newer, it might be different. Though it seems unlikely
pc specs please?
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:10   #5
Ðiscorporation

Exclamation

Since it runs on WinME, I think it will run on an XP machine
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:11   #6
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Ðiscorporation
Since it runs on WinME, I think it will run on an XP machine
he's probley tryiny to run xp on a 300mhz machine with no agp card and 64mb ram
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:14   #7
Gitchin

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
pc specs please?
P4 1666khz
128mb RAM
80GB HD
G Force 3 Ti200
Seperate CDRW and DVD player which Gangsters seems to get confused with
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:14   #8
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
he's probley tryiny to run xp on a 300mhz machine with no agp card and 64mb ram
Or not.

Gitch seems smart enough not to.
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:15   #9
Gitchin

Quote:
Originally posted by Ðiscorporation
Or not.

Gitch seems smart enoughnot to.
OMFG a compliment, ive never had one of those before
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:19   #10
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I was thinking of getting Gangsters 2. I recently ordered Mafia though so that should give me my Mafioso fix.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:25   #11
Gitchin

Whats Mafia like? I just like the idea of controlling a peons like that and being a Gangster. So probably any game would do me
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:29   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I have xp, and it runs just fine!

Mafia is quite different from gangsters, i have not tried it much, but it seems cool, althought you're not the don. You're just a peon like everybody else, i think. Also, its first person.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:32   #13
Gitchin

more of an RPG type thing?

I dont play games much so most things seem good to me compared to my old Atari
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:35   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
As i said, i've not played it enough to really comment, but it's more like, for example, GTA3. So not to very RPG, more first-person shooter. I would recomend you to check it out, as it seems very .
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 18:10   #15
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Gangsters 1 & 2 are both ****

Mafia is very good
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 18:57   #16
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
I have Win2k and Gangsters and Gangsters2 both work for me. Gangsters2 is utter crap tho.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 23:49   #17
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gitchin
lo ya bitch

so whats these new games then

"gangers" and "gangers 2"

i've never hread* about them

*yes it is supposed to be spelt like that, its my new mixed up word of heard and read, do u like??
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote