User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Apr 2013, 09:50   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
The round so far

Disclaimer: I have my own ideas. I appreciate that some will be on the other side of 'war' etc and will have opposite opinions, that is fine. Would be boring if we all thought the same thing.

Blocks: These haven't materialised in the way that people have imagined they would.
TGV/APP have BP'd together and have a long standing agreement. It won't break and why should it. They have 20% of the active memberbase, which in any game is a huge percentage. With the ODDR/FI flack they have, that moves it up to well past 25%. That is before lame fence-sitters etc join in.
For the other side, its been a half arsed attempt by ND/FaNG, but they never really stood a chance.

Alliances:
TGV: A good effort this round, but I am doubting they are getting nearly as much incoming as they say. There just aren't the fleet numbers to cover all AND retal, even with app covering a fair bit of their defence. Time will tell, I look forward to end of round figures.

APP: Hit a bit early on, but again, due to lack of proper imcoming naps, those hitting them found no competion. They tried but no two alliances can take on 25% of the universe at the same time, not even 1up at the height of their power.

FaNG: Lacked imagination in attack and couldn't hold it together in defence in the face of a lot of incoming.

ND: Lack of committment. Supposedly hitting TGV atm but far too many fleets committed to hitting other alliances.

CT: Have stayed unusually quiet this round, with TGV declaring war things will change, but could be over very fast, with TGV grounding and APP/FI retaliating.

HR: I know nothing about what HR doing this round so will stay quiet.

MegaRock: Could have had a major influence on the war this round, but sadly played for planet ranks and went into vac mode at first sign of incoming from APP.

ODDR: A mess from start to finish with severe HC issues leading to 20% of the memberbase walking out. Hardly any targets due to being napped with just about everyone. Did try and take on MR, but the HC concerned just took all defence v MR and let the rest get roided. Should be MUCH higher up with the lack of incoming.
Allied with APP/TGV pretty much from start, only making it public when members had had enough of rubbish targets and tried launching on TGV.
Been pretty vocal in telling anyone who will listen that APP are scared of them and wouldn't dare to hit ODDR.

Fightin Irish: Attack a lot with APP, (no official confirmation but shared waves etc suggest that).

I won't name the rest as they are either a) too small to make a real difference or b) the likes of innuendo/pwned/ast I just don't know what they are doing politically.

That sums up alliances

Personally: As for my planet well, I know when I start a round I won't be able to do well, due to work commitments. The two weeks I was home, I got to top 5 fairly easily. However, a disagreement with my HC led to me leaving ODDR, knowing APP/FI would rape me silly. How I kept so many roids in that time, I do not know, but I am very grateful to my gal and friends out of alliance.
Why do FI hit me? I declared war on them for this round. I have ignored em to a certain extent, I don't hit FI and that's that. I wasn't expecting to be so big, nor they so small. They do come, fairly often, but always with 10+ fleets per wave (one wave was 23 fleets lol) and usually when APP come.
Why do APP hit me? Not really sure tbh, I know they have issues because of my political work in the past.
This round I have had just about nothing to do with politics though, so maybe they just fear me that much.

Conclusion:

A round that promised so much, was effectively over before it started, with a 'we aren't a block' block that really couldn't fail, which is a big disappointment to me.

Roll on next round...
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 09:54   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The round so far

I hate to break it to you, but no one fears you. When you said you would ensure no FI member would be top 200, we laughed. None of the threats you have ever voiced turned out to have any substance to them. None of your claims of wanting war have proven true. We lol waved you three times (by my count of FI ally mails) before you whined to us about it. We laughed about that too, by the way. You've left your alliance twice in as many rounds, while contributing nothing of substance to either one.

So, long story short, we hit you a few times not because you're important, or because we particularly hate you, or because you declared war on us, but because we know you have a big ego and a bigger mouth and it amuses us to try to take you down a few notches.

Also, confirming that FI have been joining Apprime raids. We're idle as shit though, so we've mostly been retalling fANG and ND during the daytime (and failing to land). We also hit CT a few times. Hi gm!

As for the round, it's tick 710. The real round is only just beginning. That said, I agree that it's unlikely TGV will lose this round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 21 Apr 2013 at 10:29.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 10:05   #3
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Forest's opinion of himself: Planetarion's longest running joke.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 11:42   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Technically TGV havent had a lot of waves of incommings but each wave is normally 5+ fleets - it just happens that our value means we can cover it with base +2/3 deffers normally.

I dont think ODDR have been that bad this round, i think that certain destructive elements inside ODDR have screwed it up but the HC is a pretty solid one and still they are plugging away. (Lesson for all future alliances, dont recruit Forest or B-Butcher, they will make you fail!!)

Everyone else has pretty much played how we expected them to play, FaNG took in the weaker part of Ultores and that was always going to be emo central and screw up, ND without MM calling the shots is a ghost of itself last round (which we already knew). CT have been quiet but then CT HC's were on about attempting a core rebuild so no shock tbh, they look a steadier ship than before. Apprime are Apprime, doing Apprime things and the rest with the best possible respects have no bearing on the round regarding alliance/gal/planet wins, so there isnt much to say about them.

So in conclusion this thread is pointless and just another way for Forest to bleat on about the alliance he screwed up in his normal way, and talk about how unimportant he is again! (whilst adding in that he doesnt have time to play a full round if you noticed :P just to lessen how shit he was again!)

As mz said the round starts now and the finally 350 ticks will be fun i hope, from a TGV perspective i am looking forward to CT's inclusion to the block but i worry that all these other alliances combined STILL dont have the value to overhaul TGV in a defensive round.

Imo the round has been ruined by the stats and there amazingly defensive nature.... ETD is a joke as an attacking force and only Cat planets really land with any frequency and even that is getting to the point now where ingal ships are outvaluing them....
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 12:28   #5
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Technically TGV havent had a lot of waves of incommings but each wave is normally 5+ fleets - it just happens that our value means we can cover it with base +2/3 deffers normally.
I think the stats at end show you as having far less inc than any of top 6 alliances, we weill see though I guess.

Quote:
I dont think ODDR have been that bad this round, i think that certain destructive elements inside ODDR have screwed it up but the HC is a pretty solid one and still they are plugging away. (Lesson for all future alliances, dont recruit Forest or B-Butcher, they will make you fail!!)
oddr have been awful, the hc are anything but solid, seeing as it will split end of round. Let's not even get started on defence

Quote:
Everyone else has pretty much played how we expected them to play, FaNG took in the weaker part of Ultores and that was always going to be emo central and screw up, ND without MM calling the shots is a ghost of itself last round (which we already knew). CT have been quiet but then CT HC's were on about attempting a core rebuild so no shock tbh, they look a steadier ship than before. Apprime are Apprime, doing Apprime things and the rest with the best possible respects have no bearing on the round regarding alliance/gal/planet wins, so there isnt much to say about them.
Indeed. All arguments why your mass 'we are not a block' block is so lame.

Quote:
So in conclusion this thread is pointless
Yes anything in your eyes that might create a bit of discussion is bad

Quote:
and just another way for Forest to bleat on about the alliance he screwed up in his normal way, and talk about how unimportant he is again!
barely mentioned me tbh, even said i had stayed out of politics

Quote:
(whilst adding in that he doesnt have time to play a full round if you noticed :P just to lessen how shit he was again!)
Indeed. Yet I am still far bigger than you.

And I haven't had top alliance/block back up, was even allianceless at one point and have had more incs than most.

Quote:
As mz said the round starts now and the finally 350 ticks will be fun i hope, from a TGV perspective i am looking forward to CT's inclusion to the block but i worry that all these other alliances combined STILL dont have the value to overhaul TGV in a defensive round.
Round is over, APP has won, TGV neither care, nor have the balls to go for #1.
So the few people left will make sure TGV lose, I would think.

Quote:
Imo the round has been ruined by the stats and there amazingly defensive nature.... ETD is a joke as an attacking force and only Cat planets really land with any frequency and even that is getting to the point now where ingal ships are outvaluing them....
I like the stats.
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 12:34   #6
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

Weren't CT 'rebuilding their core' last round aswell? It seems more like they would rather bottomfeed and not join in the war to be honest. Who can blame them though.

And yes, I much prefer offensive shipstats as it leaves a round wide open till the last tick. As was shown last round.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 12:46   #7
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

<Forest> no, but i am one of the most powerful players of pa since r1, so u made your bed you lay in it. same goes for next round <Phant> heh <Phant> doubt that <Phant> you are the nelito of CT
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 12:46   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
Weren't CT 'rebuilding their core' last round aswell? It seems more like they would rather bottomfeed and not join in the war to be honest. Who can blame them though.
CT was a participant in the war for most of last round, and are in the process of entering it now, I believe.

On a related note, I've never quite understood what it means to rebuild one's core.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 12:51   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

This round seems to be more or less over if nobody can take roids of TGV/App the next two nights. Its pretty sad that people would rather og for planet ranks and no incommings instead of making this an interesting round.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 12:53   #10
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
CT was a participant in the war for most of last round, and are in the process of entering it now, I believe.

On a related note, I've never quite understood what it means to rebuild one's core.
I think it means to recruit a new group of players that will play in CT round after round to a standard the HC expects, thats how i would interpret it anyway.
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 13:05   #11
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I think the stats at end show you as having far less inc than any of top 6 alliances, we weill see though I guess.
What stats? We dont have any 'stats' until round end. We just have the !surprisesex' bot function which relies on J scans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
oddr have been awful, the hc are anything but solid, seeing as it will split end of round. Let's not even get started on defence
They were never expecting to be anything more than a 2nd teir alliance, which would put them on par defensively with ROCK and HR. That is where they are and they are still together as an alliance atm, that is more than can be said for some alliances in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frorest
Indeed. All arguments why your mass 'we are not a block' block is so lame.
ND and FaNG have been a 'we are a not a block' for 3 rounds now including this one. Why is it so wrong to have a counter to this seeing as FaNG and ND have won the last 2 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest
Yes anything in your eyes that might create a bit of discussion is bad
No atleast half the post is about your opinion of ODDR (which you have already bleated on about in numerous other threads) and your opinion of your personal effect on the round. Everything else in it everybody already knew so it is completely irrelevant.

Quote:
barely mentioned me tbh, even said i had stayed out of politics
Seeing as the last paragraph is all about you that isnt true now is it!

Quote:
Indeed. Yet I am still far bigger than you.

And I haven't had top alliance/block back up, was even allianceless at one point and have had more incs than most.
Well done, you landed some attacks for XP, im happy for you. Seeing as i am playing purely defence and im sitting pretty in the top 100 with 500 more roids than you im sure that will have changed by round end And you were in ODDR for most of the round we have played.

Quote:
So the few people left will make sure TGV lose, I would think.
Probably the worst attempt to push TGV to attack App i have ever seen... we all know TGV will lose roids but FaNG, ND and chums will keep losing fleets to get them as they have all round and already have vast member apathy across the board. It will be close between App and TGV but really as we are both on the same side as long as someone else wins its all good

Quote:
I like the stats.
You will say anything to start a 'discussion' yeah?
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 13:35   #12
Forest

Quote:
What stats? We dont have any 'stats' until round end. We just have the !surprisesex' bot function which relies on J scans.
I think the stats at end

Highlighted so your inability to read isn't stopping you from looking silly

Quote:
They were never expecting to be anything more than a 2nd teir alliance, which would put them on par defensively with ROCK and HR. That is where they are and they are still together as an alliance atm, that is more than can be said for some alliances in the past.
That is not true, ODDR could have won this round, had they been nothing more than APP lapdogs

Quote:
ND and FaNG have been a 'we are a not a block' for 3 rounds now including this one. Why is it so wrong to have a counter to this seeing as FaNG and ND have won the last 2 rounds.
Just don't pretend otherwise. You BP together, you defend each other, you attack joint targets together. You even share HC chans together.

Quote:
No atleast half the post is about your opinion of ODDR (which you have already bleated on about in numerous other threads) and your opinion of your personal effect on the round. Everything else in it everybody already knew so it is completely irrelevant.
4 lines out of 24?

It is in numerous other threads because others keep bringing it up

Quote:
Seeing as the last paragraph is all about you that isnt true now is it!

It is my personal opinion on the round, and its a paragraph.

Quote:
Well done, you landed some attacks for XP, im happy for you. Seeing as i am playing purely defence and im sitting pretty in the top 100 with 500 more roids than you im sure that will have changed by round end And you were in ODDR for most of the round we have played.
XP? lol
Take two minutes on KIA

Being ODDR means nothing, I sat up all night DC'ing for whole alliance and got THREE defence fleets.

In addition, I have had over 100 attack fleets on me.
And only really attacking weekends.

Quote:
Probably the worst attempt to push TGV to attack App i have ever seen... we all know TGV will lose roids but FaNG, ND and chums will keep losing fleets to get them as they have all round and already have vast member apathy across the board. It will be close between App and TGV but really as we are both on the same side as long as someone else wins its all good
No attempt to tbh, most of your HC will tell you I know exactly where its stands.

Quote:
It will be close between App and TGV but really as we are both on the same side as long as someone else wins its all good
It won't be close lol.
And that is the problem with app and pa. No balls to take the win for others.

Can't see any proper alliance in the past ever sit back for #2. I keep getting told thats the way it is in pa now, but frankly, its a crap attitude and is ruining the game
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 13:44   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

a) No one has pretended otherwise... App and TGV have been quite open about working together this round to counter the ND/FaNG coalition that had existed for 2 rounds prior to TGV/App and still continues now. Yes we BP together, and share a channel and defence and attacks... that is called working together and being smart... is it against the rules of PA to be effiecent???

b) 11 lines out of 24 actually... just helping you to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
No atleast half the post is about your opinion of ODDR (which you have already bleated on about in numerous other threads) and your opinion of your personal effect on the round.
c) Stop going on about PA 30+ rounds ago, its not the same game, it wont be the same game again, if you dont like it then dont play, do us all a favour!!!
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 13:45   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

The end stats wont realy show anything tbh Forest, seeing Apprime/TGV is far Ahead on value allready, and all fleets theyve gotten from pt500 and out will not be as effective as the incs the others allies had early on.

Unread 21 Apr 2013, 13:48   #15
Forest

Kai you really are a numpty.

You know there are 600 active players right? And it is getting smaller by the day?

Instead of following me around the forum and telling me to leave (I looked up all my posts, it really is close to you being a bunny boiler), how about think of something that will keep players here?
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 13:50   #16
Forest

<Forest> kai really does make me wanna pull out my eyes and stab em with a fork, why the hell do i keep letting him troll me into an argument

Ignoring you now, you offer nothing to pa, nor the discussion
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:14   #17
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

SERIOUSLY.....

Maybe its because its early in teh morning and I am only up to check an attack so very short tempered....

BUT SERIOUSLY... I am starting to get pissed of at you lot. Are you guys such retards that you cant see beyond your own nose?!?!?!

A TGV/App war DOES NOT benefit either of us and only benefits you lot. It would be a bloody war and the rest of you would feed of our carcasses. I would not trust ND, Fang (since some people I trust are not in a command position so who knows whats being schemed in there), etc... with any sort of agreement.

ND has stated on numerous occasion their goal is to hit TGV till the end of the round. I have not been told otherwise.

Fang is a mess and I have no clue whos in charge. The people I interact with are gone. For all I know they might draw lots to see who HCs that day.

So with that kind of instability why would TGV/App break our agreement and accept the word of ND/Fang and turn on each other? Most likely scenario is that they would say yes, then help kill of 1 of us and then turn on the other. Its a no win scenario so why should WE agree to your fked up ideas of turning on each other?

Also I resent the fact that you keep stating we are not going for teh win. Let me make this clear... WE ARE GOING FOR THE WIN.

In case you cant read....

TGV IS GOING FOR THE WIN AND WE ARE PLAYING FOR THE WIN

Just because we are remaining true to our agreements does not mean we are playing for #2. We have seen what happens when alliances get greedy or mis-time things. We have learned from their mistakes and do not wish to repeat it. We know we are going to be getting incomings from CT come tuesday night. We could launch on them early but we are sticking by our agreement and come tuesday night we will be on opposite sides.

This whole thing about TGV declaring war on CT... seriously.... get your facts straight man. Learn how to read. Neither side has declared war on either. We suspected CT would join the Fang/ND block because thats what CT does. They try to keep #1 in check and give them incoming and make them work for the win. We expected that from them, they knew we expected it from them, its not any sort of war declaration. If you paid attention to what CT has done last few rounds you would see that coming.

GOD this is ridicules with you guys spouting your nonsense about TGV/App going to war.

Anyways thats my rant, heading back to bed. Wonder what I will think about this when I re-read it when I am fully awake.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:25   #18
Forest

You will prob think you should read the thread twice before replying next time lol.

I don't think anyone has said you should break it.

I quote my opening post TGV/APP have BP'd together and have a long standing agreement. It won't break and why should it.

About TGV playing for the win, I was voicing my personal opinion that APP will outroid/score TGV, and by standing by APP, TGV are letting APP win.
That is all.

I got the TGV declaring war from this forum, where your HC made a thread about being at war with CT
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:31   #19
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Can't see any proper alliance in the past ever sit back for #2. I keep getting told thats the way it is in pa now, but frankly, its a crap attitude and is ruining the game
Err, except for ND last round, tho you can see it worked out very well for them so why would app not do the same now?

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:33   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Err, except for ND last round, tho you can see it worked out very well for them so why would app not do the same now?
ND won last round?

Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:36   #21
Forest

Apoligies, only just seen this post

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but no one fears you. When you said you would ensure no FI member would be top 200, we laughed. None of the threats you have ever voiced turned out to have any substance to them. None of your claims of wanting war have proven true. We lol waved you three times (by my count of FI ally mails) before you whined to us about it. We laughed about that too, by the way. You've left your alliance twice in as many rounds, while contributing nothing of substance to either one.
Yeah, I am actually sorry about that. I was led to believe you would be full tag when I said that. I have no intention of hitting any alliance not in top 10, regardless. That is the kind of thing that ruins the game for people and annoys me.
So, you win.
I never left rock, I was kicked for complaining that HC were allowing certain people to fk over their own alliance by hitting outside of our war.

Quote:
So, long story short, we hit you a few times not because you're important, or because we particularly hate you, or because you declared war on us, but because we know you have a big ego and a bigger mouth and it amuses us to try to take you down a few notches.
Good reason.
I don't rightly care about planet though, or I would have stayed ODDR and finished top 5. My best ever rank is 35th and that was when 1up cleaned out the top 100 to some extent.
I am a crap pa player, I can't be active enough and I won't provide sms number after what happened to me before.

I have a big mouth, can't deny this. I do try and make the game fun though, I would hate for it to fold.

Quote:
Also, confirming that FI have been joining Apprime raids. We're idle as shit though, so we've mostly been retalling fANG and ND during the daytime (and failing to land). We also hit CT a few times. Hi gm!
Thank you for not making me out to be a liar

Quote:
As for the round, it's tick 710. The real round is only just beginning. That said, I agree that it's unlikely TGV will lose this round.
Round is over I believe, APP have won. I did predict it though pre-round, go me!
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:37   #22
Forest

Quote:
Umm, lost in translation maybe?

I meant APP have won round, and its TGV letting em pass em
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:41   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I don't rightly care about planet though, or I would have stayed ODDR and finished top 5.
I wasn't talking about your planet rank.
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 14:52   #24
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Umm, lost in translation maybe?

I meant APP have won round, and its TGV letting em pass em
so basicly you are still saying the same, but my response would be about FAnG who let their allies who were sitting in #2 pass?

Unread 21 Apr 2013, 15:14   #25
Forest

Quote:
so basicly you are still saying the same, but my response would be about FAnG who let their allies who were sitting in #2 pass?
I was talking about the past, as in the old times when people played to win, but yes, your point is correct.

I guess time will tell...
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 15:20   #26
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I never left rock, I was kicked for complaining that HC were allowing certain people to fk over their own alliance by hitting outside of our war.
You were kicked for other reasons!

As for RexDrax's Rant: Pretty sure i have logs of you stating:
"we do not base things on past history!"

Yet here you state: "If you paid attention to what CT has done last few rounds you would see that coming. "

There are so many other pointers i could add, but i dont see the point.
This game is getting worse and worse each round...

Last of all i feel like adding: supporting cheaters imo, is the same as encouraging it.
Speaking of which... TGV HC has also prooven to contain cheater(s).
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 15:35   #27
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Being a competent alliance isn't just about how many incomings you can withstand, it's also about how you form relationships and how you play politics.

Quote:
So the few people left will make sure TGV lose, I would think
You see, this is the difference between your logic and mine. TGV puts loyalty above backstabbing to win, and it's the very reason why you've (plurally by the way) been unable to break the TGV/Apprime alliance.

If Apprime snatches the win from TGV, then fair play. We will not backstab an alliance who have stuck by us the past two rounds. Apprime may be many things, but they are loyal.

Last edited by Clouds; 21 Apr 2013 at 15:41.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 15:47   #28
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Being a competent alliance isn't just about how many incomings you can withstand, it's also about how you form relationships and how you play politics.

You see, this is the difference between your logic and mine. TGV puts loyalty above backstabbing to win, and it's the very reason why you've (plurally by the way) been unable to break the TGV/Apprime alliance.

If Apprime snatches the win from TGV, then fair play. We will not backstab an alliance who have stuck by us the past two rounds. Apprime may be many things, but they are loyal.
Loyality for what?
Are TGV the new xVx?
Dont make preround agreements about sticking together till the end, no matter how much you are stagnating the game for the future please.
Im sure we will get back at you some round in the future, going into the round preblocked With no intention of breaking up no matter how big the lead is.
Your a disgrace

Unread 21 Apr 2013, 15:48   #29
Forest

Quote:
I don't disagree (though tbh I don't disagree with much you say, you do understand the game better than most).

Was merely refuting claims that you are under intense pressure.

Quote:

and normally app lose cause people spank em for it. maybe this is the time their tactic pays off
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 16:11   #30
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Loyalty for what?
Are TGV the new xVx?
I do love the trolls on AD, even if it's retarded trolling.

If FAnG/NewDawn were in the same position as TGV/Apprime, I'm sure they would consider loyalty a priority above going for the win separately (but with DigitalZero in charge of NewDawn who knows..)

As I have said before (I won't repeat again), TGV will not backstab their allies. If you enter in to a formal agreement with TGV, we will be loyal for the duration of the agreement.

TGV & Apprime are allies this round. Accept it, move on and get a grip.

Quote:
Dont make preround agreements about sticking together till the end, no matter how much you are stagnating the game for the future please.
Um be quiet you incompetent idiot?

It was inevitable that FAnG/NewDawn would enter the round pre-blocked. We (TGV/Apprime) were just countering this cooperation.

Quote:
Im sure we will get back at you some round in the future, going into the round preblocked With no intention of breaking up no matter how big the lead is.
Your a disgrace
Being threatened on the INTERWEBZ. lols.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 16:53   #31
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Being ODDR means nothing, I sat up all night DC'ing for whole alliance and got THREE defence fleets.
Sorry had to chime in here. Forest I don't really harbor any ill will towards you because you are a character and I love characters in this game. They make things more interesting. You are in essence a nucleation point. Anyways, your "DCing" you reference was only for yourself and maybe 1 or 2 of your "friends" not the "whole alliance" (which may explain why u didnt get many fleets as many don't like you...sorry but true) and also you didn't properly DC using the tools we had (repeatedly noticing a channel once every 10 minutes probably won't get it done efficiently). Yes defense is lacking in many alliances I've encountered here but generally can be pretty effective if done correctly with what you have. The problem is getting people to actually put in the time to DC as it is very time consuming. You obviously have other things going on in your life, seeing as you referenced your daughter about every 10 lines of text in irc, which is great and I'm happy for you. But...don't make it out like you were actually committed.
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 17:16   #32
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMan View Post
Sorry had to chime in here. Forest I don't really harbor any ill will towards you because you are a character and I love characters in this game. They make things more interesting. You are in essence a nucleation point. Anyways, your "DCing" you reference was only for yourself and maybe 1 or 2 of your "friends" not the "whole alliance" (which may explain why u didnt get many fleets as many don't like you...sorry but true) and also you didn't properly DC using the tools we had (repeatedly noticing a channel once every 10 minutes probably won't get it done efficiently). Yes defense is lacking in many alliances I've encountered here but generally can be pretty effective if done correctly with what you have. The problem is getting people to actually put in the time to DC as it is very time consuming. You obviously have other things going on in your life, seeing as you referenced your daughter about every 10 lines of text in irc, which is great and I'm happy for you. But...don't make it out like you were actually committed.

Not committed? That is a bit out of order.

Firstly, it wasn't 'my mates', I believe one was even Rexty.
Secondly I dc'd a few calls. More than most.
Thirdly, I was also busy on getting people to recall before we even launched def.
Fourthly, I did a LOT attack-wise, calcing for people etc.
Fifthly? had to spend most of the time showing your hc how things needed to be run (for example, not opening an attack that was claimed already with all the nice targets going to hc, or arguing that rexty starting a war then when he got incoming, covering himself only and no-one else getting ANY defence that night)

I have always been committed to any alliance I have been in.
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 17:29   #33
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:

Thirdly, I was also busy on getting people to recall before we even launched def.
Fifthly? had to spend most of the time showing your hc how things needed to be run (for example, not opening an attack that was claimed already with all the nice targets going to hc, or arguing that rexty starting a war then when he got incoming, covering himself only and no-one else getting ANY defence that night)

commited, useful and wanted - all completely different things
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 18:48   #34
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think the stats at end

That is not true, ODDR could have won this round, had they been nothing more than APP lapdogs

No we couldn't have won this round.

You were up at the time your incoming showed up, always saying you were feeding your baby. Now that is something crucial to happen. I doubt it eats for 3 hrs straight, or it must be by far the fattest baby in the world by now.

But besides idle about i have never seen you take a single defcall. you think we could have won at start off round?

At tick 400 you proved what i thought of you.

just to compare,
Heimdall 42 defpoints
forest 11 defpoints

Sadly there were like 20 people with less deffleets send out than you.
And im glad most of them left. but hey we could have won round.

In an nutshell , how our memberbase feels about you.

[19:18] <JUDO> **** me he thinks his shit dont smell
[19:18] <JUDO> what an egotistical ****

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 19:01   #35
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Think #4 is the only thing remotely correct in this.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 20:09   #36
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm going to actually defend TGV here.

If they're agreement with Apprime was to last for the entire round with no termination clause, then no matter the situation or the incessant whining from members or non members of their alliance, their High Council MUST stick to that agreement.

To do otherwise would tarnish their reputation.

Whether entering such an agreement was wise or not is another debate, but one to which an old quote from Sid would answer if people wish to search for it. (Regarding his own thoughts on NAPs)

Additionally, as an Executive with Fury, Eclipse and 1up. (the former two apply more) - it is my experience that breaking an agreement with a long standing ally is quite difficult if your infrastructure in the game involves them (i.e buddypacks together etc). It's that which led to many problems for Fury (becoming red taped too much politically) and for Eclipse (when the enemy block VVOMM proved utter rubbish). So, in essence I can see from a TGV HC point of view to why it isn't on the cards.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 20:42   #37
tjonkel

tjonkel can only hope to improve

There is only one thing to add to all this nonsense crap from forest:

w w w. f u c k f o r f o r e s t .c o m <- Your mates, your ONLY mates
tjonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 22:16   #38
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Is this a new thread, with the same arguements as the other threads?

This might be a boring round, but at least a different alliance is winning, keeps things fresh!

I didnt read the other posts....I just wanted in on the action!
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 22:48   #39
Nightwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post

This might be a boring round, but at least a different alliance is winning, keeps things fresh!

Yeah, this is another thread of Kaiba and Forest showing their deep emotional feelings for eachother.
Unread 21 Apr 2013, 22:53   #40
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Loyality for what?
Are TGV the new xVx?
xVx has not entered a round with agreements of sticking together with anyone while i HC'd. There has only been deals of fortavoidance from the start, and those deals has mainly been with other alliances(ND/CT/etc) than the ones you're refering to(Ult/App). I've only made locked naps midround after being gangbanged by 4+ allies to hit someone else. And those naps has not been with those 4+ allies. Feel free to check with various HC's(ND/CT/Ult/whoever). But why would you, you're not interested in getting to know facts. Troll on retard.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 00:45   #41
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Disclaimer: I have my own ideas. I appreciate that some will be on the other side of 'war' etc and will have opposite opinions, that is fine. Would be boring if we all thought the same thing.

Blocks: These haven't materialised in the way that people have imagined they would.
TGV/APP have BP'd together and have a long standing agreement. It won't break and why should it. They have 20% of the active memberbase, which in any game is a huge percentage. With the ODDR/FI flack they have, that moves it up to well past 25%. That is before lame fence-sitters etc join in.
For the other side, its been a half arsed attempt by ND/FaNG, but they never really stood a chance.
I was on vacation for most of March so wasnt too involved in pre-round things so I could be wrong. TGV and App did agree to BP but not everyone did that. TGV never forces members to BP with someone or forces them not to BP with someone. Its up to the members and some choose it and others didnt. I think overall only like 3-5 gals were created. For the rest, it was just the way exiling worked out.

There was no official pre-round agreement we just had some fort avoidances and avoided each others member. Every alliance does that in order to manage their incomings so nothing new there. We realized that Fang/ND would most likely stick together and if that happened and they went after 1 of us the other would help out. Its just common sense to plan for eventualities.

Quote:
Alliances:
TGV: A good effort this round, but I am doubting they are getting nearly as much incoming as they say. There just aren't the fleet numbers to cover all AND retal, even with app covering a fair bit of their defence. Time will tell, I look forward to end of round figures.

We are getting incomings but we are also defending really well. For some reason we had not 1 incoming last night which was WEIRD. Are we getting sustained incomings... not. ONly sustained for like 2-3 days and then they tire quickly since they cant land on us.

Quote:
About TGV playing for the win, I was voicing my personal opinion that APP will outroid/score TGV, and by standing by APP, TGV are letting APP win.
That is all.
We are not letting them win, if they win so be it, but we will not stab them in the back to prevent them from winning and get us the win. We will stand by our current agreement and fight off the Fang/ND/CT block as best as we can. Currently they will all aim for us and App/Oddr should have a good chance to counter them.

We do have several plans on how to regain the lead if we lose it and how to go for the win. None of them involve stabbing App or Oddr in the back. Depending on how things go we could do it, or we will fail. Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
As for RexDrax's Rant: Pretty sure i have logs of you stating:
"we do not base things on past history!"

Yet here you state: "If you paid attention to what CT has done last few rounds you would see that coming. "
You right I have said that and I stand by it. We have tried to engage CT several times to see what their plans are/were. They were very steadfast that they would not want to get involved in block wars or have any sort of permanent agreements or full agreements where we avoid each other. This meant only app, nd, and fang are left. ND/Fang are together so when they went after App it made sense that we support them.

If CT was more involved would we have supported App this long, I dont know. But since CT wanted not to get involved continuing to stick by App made sense.

Quote:
Last of all i feel like adding: supporting cheaters imo, is the same as encouraging it.
Speaking of which... TGV HC has also prooven to contain cheater(s).
I am not sure whats going on there. So many things flying about. In either case I asked Baddars and he told me that he did not set up any farm. Of course the community wont believe it so whatever. Its a he-said-she-said scenario. In my case I will take his word for it.

Kind of reminds me of 2 rounds ago when someone initated lots of roids in order to get some people closed, hence the new rule that you cant initate roids if under attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
I'm going to actually defend TGV here.
Damn
An defense from Zh|l...thats going into my personal scrapbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post

Yeah pretty much

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 01:20   #42
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

In a game with way less than 500 active players, you allied up 160+
Not to mention you guys snuck in another 25 players into your allied status (Hi Fighting-Irish).
And napped another 60 upto tick 740ish..

Want to share when the nap with ct started with the rest of community or do we have to fish the answer from reliant sources?

And yet you are "suprised" why you guys have so huuuge value lead
Just saying the so called ND/FAiL block had to be dealt with.. is utterly bias.

A lie will not become truth, even if you keep repeating it over and over.
Well played App/TGV this round, you had the dedicated playerbase, while most of the rest just don't care.

For some reason... I can almost predict R52 already :-p
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 04:57   #43
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
xVx has not entered a round with agreements of sticking together with anyone while i HC'd. There has only been deals of fortavoidance from the start, and those deals has mainly been with other alliances(ND/CT/etc) than the ones you're refering to(Ult/App). I've only made locked naps midround after being gangbanged by 4+ allies to hit someone else. And those naps has not been with those 4+ allies. Feel free to check with various HC's(ND/CT/Ult/whoever). But why would you, you're not interested in getting to know facts. Troll on retard.
This round reminds me of r45 when Ult/xVx entered the round preblocked, refusing to break up even though they were stagnating the round.

Unread 22 Apr 2013, 05:57   #44
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Not to mention you guys snuck in another 25 players into your allied status (Hi Fighting-Irish).

Want to share when the nap with ct started with the rest of community or do we have to fish the answer from reliant sources?

Well played App/TGV this round, you had the dedicated playerbase, while most of the rest just don't care.

TGV never had any deals with Fighting Irish directly. There was even a substancial amount of incs from them on a couple of occasions during the time ND/FAnG were hitting us.

There also never was a nap with CT, just a targetting limitation (no ptargetting, maximum of 3 waves on 3 targets, no lolwaves). This deal lasted 2 weeks, so let's say from PT360.

Unread 22 Apr 2013, 06:07   #45
Forest

TY Rexdrax for a proper reply
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 06:36   #46
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
This round reminds me of r45 when Ult/xVx entered the round preblocked, refusing to break up even though they were stagnating the round.
Weren't preblocked. We blocked after being p-targetted by 4+ other alliances. I never tried to hide the fact that we wanted to stay neutral to the situation, but cartain allies wouldn't accept that. We were left with the choice of supporting FAnG or supporting Ult, we elected to support the alliance that didnt gangbang us. As for that nap stagnating the round, I believe Ult beat FAnG by less than 15 mill score and as far as i can see there has only been one round since where the winmargin has been less than that. Where do you come up with all your extremely accurate facts and statements? Troll on retard!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 22 Apr 2013 at 13:33.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 09:45   #47
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest View Post
i like the stats.
look at what you have done mz
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 10:44   #48
Nightwolf

Quote:

+1. The agreement with CT shows the exact problem, not only with TGV, but with the entire community: people will take stagnation and winning over a 'fun game'. This agreement was totally unnecessary.

I raise you by predicting the next 5 rounds.
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 10:52   #49
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

The only people who want a "fun game" over winning are the ones who never win. I find winning fun, personally.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2013, 11:16   #50
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:

This sums it up basically..

Who are they gonna nap next is the question!