User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 31 Oct 2012, 14:54   #1
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about
attackers coords on Brep

Just a little thought to make it easier to enact reprisals etc.

Can you add the coords of the attacker onto the Breps so you can see,

a) where the action took place

and

b) who was attacking them..

the only issue i can see is if it were a massive team it would break / not display correctly.

you could add it alongside this info:

Attacking fleets: 1 (ADD COORDS) Defending fleets: 0

maybe adding defenders would be good as well but I cant think of a reason..

there are many times during a round when i look at old breps and wonder who it was who attacked me on that occasion..

what do people think?
Unread 31 Oct 2012, 15:59   #2
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: attackers coords on Brep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Just a little thought to make it easier to enact reprisals etc.

Can you add the coords of the attacker onto the Breps so you can see,

a) where the action took place

and

b) who was attacking them..

the only issue i can see is if it were a massive team it would break / not display correctly.

you could add it alongside this info:

Attacking fleets: 1 (ADD COORDS) Defending fleets: 0

maybe adding defenders would be good as well but I cant think of a reason..

there are many times during a round when i look at old breps and wonder who it was who attacked me on that occasion..

what do people think?
you could have a small summary at the bottom and have it 'expandable' like the gal stats ... to either show the exact look the gal stats showed but eta 0 or just a summary or ships sent att/def
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2012, 12:31   #3
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

In essence the information is already available in your history - incoming fleets.
Your suggestion requires less steps though, but if it takes a lot of time to code this I would not vouch for it.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2012, 13:23   #4
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
In essence the information is already available in your history - incoming fleets.
Your suggestion requires less steps though, but if it takes a lot of time to code this I would not vouch for it.
i agree with you - if its a simple change though it makes perfect sense..

as you said - its available in your inc history, but if you are regularly getting attacked cause your cath (or <insert hated pa player here) then it becomes a much more difficult task..
Unread 1 Nov 2012, 14:56   #5
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

no it doesn't you look at the tick in the br then match it to the corresponding tick in your history and hey presto the information you wanted is there .

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2012, 16:23   #6
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
no it doesn't you look at the tick in the br then match it to the corresponding tick in your history and hey presto the information you wanted is there .
Correct me if I am wrong.

But won't that show you all the fleets (coords) who attacked you that tick. I think the question is if the battle report can show which planets(coords) that actually landed on you, not all who were initially launched to a given land tick.
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2012, 17:11   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It would be easier to have a list before / after the combat report.

I think it's a valid distinction that the history page doesn't always capture recalled fleets; it's probably worthwhile discussing updating the history page to indicate which fleets recalled (and when) rather than adding additional overhead to the combat page - especially as the history page is permanent.
Unread 1 Nov 2012, 20:41   #8
baggy
king of carrot flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
It would be easier to have a list before / after the combat report.

I think it's a valid distinction that the history page doesn't always capture recalled fleets; it's probably worthwhile discussing updating the history page to indicate which fleets recalled (and when) rather than adding additional overhead to the combat page - especially as the history page is permanent.
Whatever is easiest, this is basically about retribution and that isnt easy to enact unless you can see who really landed on you..
Unread 24 Dec 2012, 22:50   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Whatever is easiest, this is basically about retribution and that isnt easy to enact unless you can see who really landed on you..
Done this - on the history page, it now shows the tick the fleet recalled (if it did recall)
Unread 27 Dec 2012, 00:46   #10
baggy
king of carrot flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Done this - on the history page, it now shows the tick the fleet recalled (if it did recall)
Super thanks