User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Feb 2012, 10:45   #51
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I Can't Cope

this round actually proved that it is possible to attack during other times as well and that prelaunching att fleet to launch 04:00 game time is not the only way to play this..

undoing that change will push the main game time back to nights only and it gets boring again.. as simply everyone are mostly on autopilot.. and its boring.. and it kills the game more than experimenting with new things..

tbh i think i might not even play it nemore, since i already know 90% of the upcoming round and it does not give any intrest..

main point of maybe not playing still is the fact that pa-team is not even a little interested in experimenting and changing things.. they try to take a step, weather its good or bad in different people`s minds, and they undo it right after someone whines a bit.. this shows that theres no hope anymore
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 10:48   #52
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

fcking do something.. for instance

- for the upcoming round there are no ingame tags
- gals are private instead, up to 8 ppl, no more
- cluster def eta brought back
- xp doubled OR taken away at all
- gals can form pacts, open market between x number of joined gals

whatever

edit: not just copy/paste the every round announcment over and over again

Last edited by neroon; 28 Feb 2012 at 11:12.
neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 11:31   #53
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
What this game needs is more players...prelaunch change wont affect that as this round has proven..only difference is that we have noticed the difference between players who can/will put the time in and those that can't/won't....
Well, we did lose ~100 players compared to round 43 (44 was free). Whether that's just the general decline of PA, a temporary dip or a response to the prelaunch change has yet to be seen though. If it's a response to prelaunch, it should bounce back next round, but that would still be indistinguishable from a temporary dip.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 11:48   #54
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
this round actually proved that it is possible to attack during other times as well and that prelaunching att fleet to launch 04:00 game time is not the only way to play this..
i dont think anyone suggested it wasnt possible to attack at different times, just that your success would be lower. the only thing this round has proven is that most players do not want to play hardcore and attacking during the day, when there are loads more fleets around cos people missed attack launch or just didnt wanna get up at 4am, is very difficult.

to all those people that want no PL, i understand your argument that it makes the game easier. but, which would you prefer, you and 200 friends playing and noone else or, 800ish planets with maybe 400-500 actually playing?

i, for one, want more players not less.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 12:06   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're assuming the removal of prelaunch cost us players. That is premature.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 28 Feb 2012 at 12:12.
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 12:11   #56
neroon

i must really be a bad explainer, im sry.. but..

no.. i prefer the game playing played on reasonable times, rather than just put on autopilot with prelaunches etc.. prelaunched attacks will take the 80% of the gameplay to times 04-07 game time (3-4 waves launched)..

this is not about making it easier for harcore usa players or aussies.. this is also not about making it harder for euro ppl to launch during night time.. its about spreading the launches to different times of the day and therefore making more happening in planetarion

we`ve had alot of morning attacks in ultores this round, after a night of grounding, and those attacks work.. we still landed alot, we gained alot, it was possible to land attacks with morning launches, which in my opinion is something that we should be encouraging.. as this also makes the game more availible to more ppl playing it..

again.. its not about making CBA sad that he cant launch during night IF he dosent wanna wake up at 04:00 his time.. its about gettin CBA`s alliance to organise attacks in the morning, midday, evenings, etc so that their members can take part of em AND therefore spread the attack times..
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 12:14   #57
neroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
fcking do something.. for instance

- for the upcoming round there are no ingame tags
- gals are private instead, up to 8 ppl, no more
- cluster def eta brought back
- xp doubled OR taken away at all
- gals can form pacts, open market between x number of joined gals

whatever

edit: not just copy/paste the every round announcment over and over again
encourage using multiple planets per 1 player.. increase the playerbase at least seemingly, by giving more targets out there..

etc.. there have been hundreds of suggestions out there that might not all be good ofc, but im quite sure that almoust every suggestion has at least something to consider about
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 12:22   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Fact of the matter is that a lot of people play PA purely on routine. It's not not this particular change or that particular one that ruffles their feathers, it's any change at all.
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 12:52   #59
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Moving the game back to prelaunch just makes it more exhausting.
Now you will have to wake up in the middle of the night because everyone is dedicated enough to play PA again.
I think this game has played out fine, there will always be a better part of the playerbase, and a worse part of the playerbase.
Back in the days, less active/dedicated alliances could have TP at 23:00, and launch at 23:59:59, then atleast u had the feeling of playing something, as you were to press the launch button as close to the tick as possibole.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 13:08   #60
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

the game needs more players it's that simple , currently need to be available almost 24/7 and that does not appeal to most new players , if any changes made to the game only suit a select few then it's NOT GOOD

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote