User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 5 Jan 2014, 04:30   #101
MoonLess

MoonLess is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 55 stats - any takers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Stats from my end are now final.
Surely not? a couple look really strong and the others look all over the place
MoonLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2014, 06:11   #102
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

zik looks awful it can't even steal cr
Unread 5 Jan 2014, 11:31   #103
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Blue_Esper, I don't think I will ever have the opertunity to say this again but, You just told me how I can fix Zik to semi-playable.

Final changes include:
Thief T1 Cr T2 Fi + buffs to d/c a/c
Clipper T1 Co Init 5
Unread 5 Jan 2014, 12:27   #104
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah zik is really playable now............

Whoever goes zik in this xan/ter-centric uni better have a lot of spare time to dc their incs at night.
Unread 5 Jan 2014, 13:02   #105
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

why stop at semi playable?
Unread 5 Jan 2014, 21:41   #106
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I see you've edited the stats today Tia. Some changes I would suggest:

Gryphon InIt =5
Pegasus init = 7
Thief T1 = Fi, Type = Normal, Init = 5
Buccaneer = T1= BS T2 = CR
Unread 6 Jan 2014, 01:09   #107
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I like that Isil, But im gona do a bit different:

Clipper T1 Fi init 5
Thief T2 changed to Co
Gry to init 5
Pegs to init 7
Investor T2 Moved to Lich T2
Black Widow init to 8 D/C A/C increased Along with Empres

Last edited by Tiamat101; 6 Jan 2014 at 02:48.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2014, 12:44   #108
Blue_Esper

My Suggestion would be
Dealer init 21
Kraken init 20
Move T2 on Thief and put it on the Buccaneer T2
Remove T2 on Lich Make T2 on Investor Co and make it Init 3
Move T2 on Cutlass to Fr and T1 on Corsair to De
Fireblade to Init 4

Should make Cath more appealing

Last edited by Blue_Esper; 6 Jan 2014 at 13:01.
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2014, 15:50   #109
Grimmy
All ya XP r belong to me

Grimmy is on a distinguished road

Maybe swap the ini on the lich/bomber?

In my head I see xan being like the fastest bastards in space and the 8 just seems out of place, where as the lich is a stolen/traded secret tech ship that has to contend with mainly emp/steal (cr/co) so it's ini doesn't really need to be that low right?

Or alternatively if the bomber was at 6 ini it would shoot after cr and before bs.

I'll shut up now.
Unread 7 Jan 2014, 19:40   #110
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Final

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2014, 21:00   #111
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, that's what he always says. :P
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2014, 17:46   #112
Blue_Esper

i feel sorry for those people who wanted to go DE and now can't.
Unread 8 Jan 2014, 18:01   #113
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[edit] Holy shit. I was just informed there's an init 3 ship that targets an EMP-less roiding fleet at 104% average efficiency. And it's cloaked. And you have 2 ticks to send it. Hilarious.

[edit] Clipper fires at Fi first, Chimaera and Gryphon between them fire at Co and Bs first, with only the Mara to really get in the way, at T2. Full defensive coverage with Fr + Wyvern and Marauder. So not only does Ter/Zik roid everything, it's a fort. Hilarious.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 8 Jan 2014 at 21:58.
Unread 10 Jan 2014, 14:52   #114
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Wow, these stats are messed up!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2014, 15:13   #115
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
[edit] Holy shit. I was just informed there's an init 3 ship that targets an EMP-less roiding fleet at 104% average efficiency. And it's cloaked. And you have 2 ticks to send it. Hilarious.

[edit] Clipper fires at Fi first, Chimaera and Gryphon between them fire at Co and Bs first, with only the Mara to really get in the way, at T2. Full defensive coverage with Fr + Wyvern and Marauder. So not only does Ter/Zik roid everything, it's a fort. Hilarious.
Did anyone seriously expect anything different from Tia?

These stats were supposed to be balanced yet aggressive. We have ended up with FR dominating everything at alliance eta and fort play being the outcome.

ETD has just above 5% take up meaning it was completely pointless even making stats for it.

I think now in seriousness the PA Team, Appocomaster in particular, needs to
approach all the people who have made stats in the last say 15 rounds and see who wants to form a Stat Making Team. We need to get away from this 'amateur' stat making mentaliy and have a group that works on creating good and balanced stat sets between them. Creating a pool of sets that can be used into future rounds.

Lunar_Lamp hinted earlier that PA team would be open to sets that possibly only used 4 races which i think is a good move forward. ETD seems more and more to be a blight on stat sets and unbalances them unless a large amount of effort is put into the sets and then invraiably they end up boring.

I would like now to petition Appocomaster to step up somewhat and get this area of the game addressed. Essentially stats are the only change of note guaranteed every round and really more organisation and emphasis should be put on getting this area of the game right.

Offering up to 'anyone who has a set' which is how this thread started is a poor way to go about this crucial area of the game and the dross which we have ended up with (which is absolutely nothing like the set Tia proposed btw so the blame isnt entirely with you Tia) is the outcome of a lazy attitude imo.

Please get this organised and sorted, decent stats atleast keep players around (even if it doesnt add to the game), bad sets make people quit playing.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2014, 15:46   #116
isildurx

For once, I absolutely agree with Kaiba.
Unread 10 Jan 2014, 18:40   #117
Blue_Esper

we should start on next rounds stats now to distract us from the shit that has been served up this round
Unread 11 Jan 2014, 00:37   #118
isildurx

I might try to whip up a set of stats for next rnd tbh.
Unread 11 Jan 2014, 01:34   #119
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
we should start on next rounds stats now
thats actually a very good idea.

why rush stats between rounds every round, when you can make em at the start of a round and be perfecting them as the round goes on?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2014, 23:25   #120
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Could start beta's during active rounds to fill the boring void between ticks.
Unread 13 Jan 2014, 14:53   #121
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I'll take another turn in a few more rounds time would prefer an experience player who hasnt taken a turn to have a go.
Unread 13 Jan 2014, 15:25   #122
isildurx

I've got initial inits/class/targeting down the set I'm working on, just need to get around to sorting effs.
Unread 13 Jan 2014, 15:31   #123
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I've got initial inits/class/targeting down the set I'm working on, just need to get around to sorting effs.
Im no spreadsheet boffin, might be an idea to ask appoco for a shot at the beta stats, I had to use Efficiencies page on stats to balance emp guns and emp resistances.
Unread 13 Jan 2014, 19:46   #124
Tiamat101

Paisley just a heads up the only real way to do emp is through the generator in beta. I tried once tobalance the guns to empres and it all came out wonky. So its best if you just try to set the EFF to what you want using a static # for damage and when you get into the beta adjust the emp res/guns/ shipcosts to get the eff to what you want. Its what takes the most time.
Unread 13 Jan 2014, 23:07   #125
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

learning to balance init, targetting and ac/dc next point on to do list ?
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2014, 01:17   #126
Blue_Esper

is there a link or something for stat creators to use? or do we have to work in excel first?
Unread 14 Jan 2014, 05:50   #127
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I just work in a spreadsheet.
Unread 14 Jan 2014, 15:57   #128
Blue_Esper

are we fans of bringing back specialty ships? like the resource stealer?
Unread 14 Jan 2014, 16:00   #129
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm pretty ambivalent towards them. They don't do much harm, they don't do much good.
Unread 17 Jan 2014, 20:42   #130
isildurx

First iteration of my set should be up on betaserver by the end of the weekend I reckon.
Unread 18 Jan 2014, 14:07   #131
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
First iteration of my set should be up on betaserver by the end of the weekend I reckon.
how can we spot its yours?

atm there is this standard-set (xan fi, cath co, etd and ter bs) with a trillion ships

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2014, 14:33   #132
isildurx

That's mine. Far from done with efficiencies.
Unread 18 Jan 2014, 14:49   #133
isildurx

The goals I wanted to accomplish(and think I have accomplished) are;

- every roidfleet has at least two targets
- etd is a playable race
- there are at least two viable fleet-setups for each race
- each player has the choice of just building roiding-class ships, or buying ships out of roidclass that are more effective (defensively).
Unread 18 Jan 2014, 22:01   #134
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Fr and de is targeted by every class in the game in your set. I don't think that's a good idea
Unread 18 Jan 2014, 22:08   #135
isildurx

I don't view it as a big problem, means people have more options when it comes to fleet-setup. There are no 0-loss defships.
Unread 18 Jan 2014, 23:52   #136
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

The viper is zero loss to Fr
Unread 19 Jan 2014, 00:17   #137
isildurx

But it's EMP, who cares.
Unread 21 Jan 2014, 09:35   #138
Bobzy

Bobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
But it's EMP, who cares.
See; the Defender last round.
Bobzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2014, 17:21   #139
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzy View Post
See; the Defender last round.
There are also Scarabs this round. It's not at all unheard of to have a 0 loss emp ship.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2014, 17:22   #140
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
Fr and de is targeted by every class in the game in your set. I don't think that's a good idea
This round, fr are targeted by: FI/CO/DE/CR/BS,

Do you think FR are bad this round?

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2014, 22:52   #141
Blue_Esper

they are pretty easy to stop that's for sure
Unread 22 Jan 2014, 00:17   #142
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
This round, fr are targeted by: FI/CO/DE/CR/BS,

Do you think FR are bad this round?

Yes

but it has more to do with scarabs and less to do with FR being bad

Last edited by Papadoc; 22 Jan 2014 at 00:26.
Papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2014, 03:27   #143
Blue_Esper

dont forget the t2 eff of vipers
Unread 22 Jan 2014, 10:38   #144
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Ok, so I finally got around to checking Isil's stats out.

Black Widow only works against solo Zik Cr, making it useless. Suggest changing it into a high D/C De. At least then most Cr and Bs fleets fire at it with T2.

Zik has 3 T1 anti-Bs ships and no T1 anti-Cr ones. I'd also like to see better cross-pollination between Zik De and Zik Cr (no one likes stealing outside of their roiding classes with their roiding fleets). Switch targets on the Bucc?

4 Ter De is too many. It forces you to split your resources over too many ships, reducing the overall efficiency of your fleet. I see 2 possible solutions.

1) Remove the Pegasus (or move it to Fr or Cr), remove VIper T2 (solving the 0loss issue, even if it's only EMP), remove Thief T2 and removing the Devastator and Sentinel altogether. This gets rid of a lot of T2 in these stats, and makes De a little less defensive.

2) Merge the Pegasus with the Drake or War Frigate. It's worth noting that Ter De is pretty damn strong, and this change would require some reworking of the Inits to make it less so.

Having a ship called 'War Frigate' in De class is weird. Rename.

Xan only has 1 anti-Fr ship and does not need Siege at any point. Suggest adding an Init 7 Cr -> Fr ship. If you remove the Sentinel, Xan also only has 1 anti-De ship. Suggest adding an Init 7 Bs -> De ship.

Etd only has 1 anti-Bs ship, the Investor, and it only fires at Bs at T2. Add an Init 6 De -> Bs ship.

By the way, why are we talking about potential r56 stats in the thread for r55?
Unread 22 Jan 2014, 11:28   #145
isildurx

1) I fail to see how the BW is useless. You have a trade-off between BW, which kills and has lower eta, or taras + scorp who have slower eta and are two ships, but which has a lot better efficiency. Shooting after ter bs and the two emp ships doesn't make a ship "useless". I don't disagree with making it DE class.

2) Don't have any problems with changing the targetting on the Bucc.

3) Having four Ter DE's is a concious decision, it's the "space bricks" choice of style-of-play, you pretty much have to only build one class of ships making you strong defensively, but weak offensively. I'll take another look at it, but I'm not unhappy with it as is.

4) I'll look into adding another ship to xan/ter.

Thank you for your valuable feedback
Unread 22 Jan 2014, 13:03   #146
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Cant you make a round 56 thread for this ?
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote