User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:05   #1
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Question to Vom

I must admit I am a bit pizzeled about this all, a lot are 'demanding' WeeT to splitt up. I can understand why, were all bored but thats allso the reason for my Question

Put VOM in the universal dommination position. With the closeness of shared galaxies u have?

would u plan to splitt up ? Did u have anny plans for where to continue IF u found yourself in a simmilar position ?

(btw NO this inst flaming)
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:08   #2
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
well, as far i'd guess...

they wouldn't of made that decision, asking what they'd do based on an opposite situation is stupid, because notings ever going to be exactly opposite, and it'd be stupid to ask...

do you ever fathom into the possibility that Weet would be getting pressure to split at this stage of the round? i doubt it, so what would be the point of 'hypothetically' asking an alliance group that probably never considered it before the round and wouldn't be able to even hazard a guess at what the universe would look like if they were 'winning'...
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:11   #3
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
na reson I'm asking is that Ely actually did this in a previous round.

Allso Im having some inntrest playing with the idea in generall. As im sure as all the 'Blocks' and alliances set out to win the war. I for one did not plan to go innto R9 loosing it. So it is a valid Question. Admitedly we didnt prepare for that this round as it came a lot sooner then expected. But it is still inntresting to se if other fractions of the universe put this innto the equation.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:39   #4
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
I think that when a round starts everyone is too busy worrying about how to not get crushed to think 5 steps ahead.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:47   #5
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
what ever you do you do,
íf others had of formed alliance groupings in similar strengths to us at the origional onset of the round there coyuld have been 3-5 independant blocks rotating around cows/oly/virus had 10% of universe when they were formed leaveing the "potential" for 7-10 other factions to develop.

more realstically it would have been 3-5.
but now we'll never know will we.

I dont know where i demanded anything of anyother blocks, and tbh your own boredom is your own lack of foresight.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:55   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
is thios the part where vom get to say

"i told you so"

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 14:14   #7
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
what ever you do you do,
íf others had of formed alliance groupings in similar strengths to us at the origional onset of the round there coyuld have been 3-5 independant blocks rotating around cows/oly/virus had 10% of universe when they were formed leaveing the "potential" for 7-10 other factions to develop.

more realstically it would have been 3-5.
but now we'll never know will we.

I dont know where i demanded anything of anyother blocks, and tbh your own boredom is your own lack of foresight.
7-10?

/me scratches his head

10% of the active universe... I doubt that. Things would have been better if the round hadnt started with a war. But hey, thats everyones fault really.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 14:18   #8
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
7-10?

/me scratches his head

10% of the active universe... I doubt that. Things would have been better if the round hadnt started with a war. But hey, thats everyones fault really.
sorry my bad 7-9

10% is correct based on our numbers in virus/oly/cows
you can doubt all you want i'm not lieing germania i've got nothing left to proove to anyone in planetarion really. its just a game and i'm playing it
and a war at the start is allways good as its a war game but a 2 sided war was not desired by us at least.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 14:50   #9
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Question to Vom

Quote:
Originally posted by Stress
I must admit I am a bit pizzeled about this all, a lot are 'demanding' WeeT to splitt up. I can understand why, were all bored but thats allso the reason for my Question

Put VOM in the universal dommination position. With the closeness of shared galaxies u have?

would u plan to splitt up ? Did u have anny plans for where to continue IF u found yourself in a simmilar position ?

Who cares, stay together, split up, don't think that will have any influence on this round being destroyed early on. There is not anything you can do at this point to make it look any better anymore. When a round if fooked like it won't recover.

What worries me is the fact that you seem totally oblivious to the way that the WEET alliances dominate over the vvomm alliances. Probably Elysium alone is bigger already than entire vvomm can put together. And it is not like all vvomm members are playing that activly anymore either. Quite a few have either left or play semi-active.

And to top it off I think vvomm could not care much if WEEt would go to war cause change is unlikely. Mayby VVOMM or even NAR might like to take revenge on a few planets/gals that were particularly anoying but vvomm would be hard presses to take on any top ten gal alone in a waved attack. Mayby NAR could still hit a few top gals if they concentrated a lot of their power but the gain would be limited for the effort made.

hAl
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:09   #10
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

If vom were to win it would have taken all round. There is no way in hell this would have happened to vom because of their refusal to work with anyone else and their refusal to share galaxies with anyone else. As cicada said, it's moot, because it's an unfeasible outcome.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:37   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Talking heh

Stress must be bored, attacking my gal all the time...

:e_chick:

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 16:27   #12
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Question to Vom

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
If vom were to win it would have taken all round. There is no way in hell this would have happened to vom because of their refusal to work with anyone else and their refusal to share galaxies with anyone else. As cicada said, it's moot, because it's an unfeasible outcome.
That says it best.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 16:36   #13
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

The main scenario we planned for was that VOM would fight WEET, while NAhR could get easy roids from us (hence growing bigger) and if we were going well towards WEET, NAhR would side with WEET pushing us down again.

If VOM ended up as winners we sure had plans for countering any stagnation, but it wasnt picking on some weaker partner of the group

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 16:51   #14
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
- SNIP -
Well I know that if VOM had split up it certainly would have been extremely messy if my gal is anything to go by...

But as Spazmonster said it would have been extremely strange circumstances where VOM won outright so early. I think if NAR & WEET hadn't teamed up and we had had a reasonably balanced universe then the round could have dragged on actively as R8 did where Titans/LDK only started getting the upper hand near the end and alliances started to combine against them...

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 16:59   #15
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
without blocking this war would still be exciting 3 ways till this day.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 17:25   #16
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
As a sidenote Stress; with questions like this and the nature of your comments in other threads along with your appaulling grammar and spelling, I find it laughable that you are actually in a command position.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 17:30   #17
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
without blocking this war would still be exciting 3 ways till this day.
BUT CYPHIE, ECLIPSE WOULDN'T BE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111222222222222222222223

[/sarcasm]
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 17:50   #18
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
BUT CYPHIE, ECLIPSE WOULDN'T BE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111222222222222222222223

[/sarcasm]
WP will win...

Unread 10 Apr 2003, 18:56   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
WP will win...
was there ever any doubt?

Seriously though, its way too early to say who will win, for all you (and I) know, it could be EET V WP tomorrow...
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 19:02   #20
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Hopefully WE will stay together in a split..

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:34   #21
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Hopefully WE will stay together in a split..
Hopefully? Silly thing to say, don't you think?

(I assumed you meant WP/Ely)
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote