User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 22:15   #51
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by kyrealean
actually i must intercede here, Germ definately has dealt with a similar situation..... not alliance wide, but definately galaxy level.

1.16 Rd6 nuff said.

his galaxies mettle showed thru that round with shining colours, even as i had to leave them as i couldnt do so with RL issues etc.

They fought on and eventually the tides turned for that galaxy and they returned to relative respectability in the ranks.
still doesn't compare. I was in 24:15 rnd 6 - fltv stronghold cluster, dailing incoming for 2 months straight. I was there too as an officer even (so yes I know what I'm comparing) and this is in a whole other class.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:08   #52
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
still doesn't compare. I was in 24:15 rnd 6 - fltv stronghold cluster, dailing incoming for 2 months straight. I was there too as an officer even (so yes I know what I'm comparing) and this is in a whole other class.
I was in 20:16 rnd 6 and we had 1 allied gal (20:7) and almost 20 hostile gals in our cluster. After smelling #1 spot in the univers for couple of weeks we had daily income from the cluster and with only one allied gal we had no chance.

And I still think this round is worse...
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:11   #53
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
I think you are one of the few people in EET that still belives in this. Its minds like yours that ruined this game. Its sad that you are such an important person in this game, as your actions and thoughts have a destructive effect on it.
Rookie, you are a disease on this game with your idiocy. I have had no destructive effect on this game.

Fine, play the game for 10 more rounds. keep blaming people, switch from bashing one top allaince to bashing another and play the same stupid round over and over again.

This game is played this way because of the game mechanics. How many more rounds have to go by, how many personel changes and alliance changes have to happen before that simple fact becomes obvious enough that even you can grasp it. All of the so called evil people who ruined this game before are gone, so youve just adjusted your theories. Everyone in this game is playing it the same way. Everyone is just a human being playing and when put in various situations acts in the same manner. All you do with your silly blame is give other people who understand the game ammunition to create more powerblocks and more stagnation.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:23   #54
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
You just keep posting this crap...
1) Yes, it was very one sided. It was a hefty beating. It lasted for 1.5 weeks. the first part of the round. Otheres have been beaten down just as much, later in the round, for longer periods of time.

2) yes 1.5 weeks was how long nar/weet bashed you

3) Are you ****ing kidding me? Lots of allaiices have taken beatings. How stupidly arrogant are you. You disgrace every allaince in the history of this game who has been bashed. Mine included. You got a very concentrated beating, but it didnt last long at all. Some allainces have played round after round, always getting bashed out of protection and never getting a chance to regrow. You should apologize to them for your statements.

It was the first week of the round. Of all times in a round, it was the time you could have rebuilt the most. Ever heard of exponential growth? thats why its much much much much much harder for allainces to come back from being bashed later in the round. The difference between vom planets and nar/weet was smaller than it would have been at any other point of the round and smaller than allaince whove been bashed later in the round have faced.

My allaince was bashed in rd 4 and in rd 6, bashed to the point where we could not defend ourselves or attack our attackers. Bashed to the point that people considered vactation and went inactive. We were bashed just as much as you, later in the round, and for a longer period of time. And instead of quitting, we took our beating, waited for an opportunity and climbed back up. You had an opportunity when nar and weet split to jump back in this round by working with nar.

Ive never tried to justify narweet, never. I said it was excessive then I still say it now. Why do you refuse to stay in reality?

Quote:

There are probably many other factors which had an impact on making this round such a dissappointment...but you need to acknowledge that WEET as part of NARWEET played a significant part in it.
I have! Thats my entire point. Why are you flaming me when I agree with you. FFS

It isnt a matter of blame. It isnt a matter of anyone being evil. Everyone did what they thought was best, and it turned out this way. We will never fix these problems if we dont recognize that we are all in this together.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:28   #55
K-W
Bored

Quote:
No offence Germania, but you do not know what you are talking about. How could you? You have never been exposed to the type of situation that VOM was in at the beginning of the round. You shrug off the lack of resistance as VOM not trying. We did try, we attacked nightly despite the massive amounts of incoming. Because of the number advantage 70%+ of vom galaxies recieved incoming every night. Do the numbers; if 70% of vom has incoming, 30% are able to send defence outside of their gal, and since beginning incomings you need to stop all pods to have a successfull defence, it takes about 4 planets per incoming to stop it. That means about 10% of the incoming actually got covered, while 50-60%++ were losing roids on a nightly basis. narweet had a larger defence pool to draw from and without news scans, people lost fleets again because of the enourmous number advantage. Stop comparing this to round 6 in your head. Round 9 is nothing like round 6.
Erm, I was newbie bashed in rd 2, where I had no chance in hell of ever keeping onto any roids. My allaince was bashed in rd 4 to the point of breaking. My alliance was bashed in rd 6 to the point of breaking. I had all my roids taken in rd 6 and had my fleet killed twice.

Vom think they are the first people to ever be bashed. That is retarted.

Quote:
VOM was created as an example.
I gues if you birth your block in utter arrogance than we can expect this kind of crap. Im sorry vom you perfect saints you. Silly us playing the game while you were trying to save the world. Vom got outnumbered as many have before. They took a short intense beating, and now they whine as if they had thier houses burned down by an internet game.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:30   #56
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
He can't keep his story straight one post from another.
I wonder why he keeps trying some times.
At least he keeps us amused.
Once again, your inability to read has nothing to do with what I write. Pls present where my story wasnt straight and I will be happy to try to explain it to you in smaller words.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 00:06   #57
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
1) Yes, it was very one sided. It was a hefty beating. It lasted for 1.5 weeks. the first part of the round. Otheres have been beaten down just as much, later in the round, for longer periods of time.
Wrong wrong wrong...Do u think I am making this all up? Do you think I imagined all the red on my gal screen...do you think that I imagined it every morning when virtually every ally def call went unanswered. Do you think I am lying? Please remove ur head from ur arse... If you think VOM was hit for just 1.5 weeks then u have to be losing it....

Quote:
2) yes 1.5 weeks was how long nar/weet bashed you
I refer to my comments above!

Quote:
3) Are you ****ing kidding me? Lots of allaiices have taken beatings. How stupidly arrogant are you. You disgrace every allaince in the history of this game who has been bashed. Mine included. You got a very concentrated beating, but it didnt last long at all. Some allainces have played round after round, always getting bashed out of protection and never getting a chance to regrow. You should apologize to them for your statements.
Oh my what an ironic statement coming from you...I dont know whether to laugh or cry!

You got bashed in R6 oh boo hoo... You dont seem to realise I have been there too...I was in NewX when they got shafted in R7. I was in Ely when they got bashed by Fury in R5. I know what it is like to be on the receiving end (ooerrr)...and nothing...nothing compares to the war with NARWEET...

We have people like CrazyConrad and Spaz who were on ur side in R6 and even they say that they have seen nothing on the scale of NARWEET...do you think they are lying...are they being arrogant too? Obviously its all in our imaginations and made up as part of some dirty propoganda scheme!

ffs mate take a break from the bull****...try and look at things from some one elses point of view for once...or maybe you are too arrogant to do that?

Quote:
It was the first week of the round. .
Again WHAT WHAT WHAT?????

Quote:
Of all times in a round, it was the time you could have rebuilt the most. Ever heard of exponential growth? thats why its much much much much much harder for allainces to come back from being bashed later in the round. The difference between vom planets and nar/weet was smaller than it would have been at any other point of the round and smaller than allaince whove been bashed later in the round have faced..
Everything u say is underminded by the fact that the bashing u refer to did not stop after 1.5 weeks...it's 3 weeks and counting...only respite we got was when we were too small to be bashed anymore.... I had more roids at end of the first week than I do now... No one in my gal quit...everyone went on raid tried to get roids back - catch fleets etc...but never had a chance when every morning you have incoming for which you have no defence...

Quote:
And instead of quitting, we took our beating, waited for an opportunity and climbed back up. You had an opportunity when nar and weet split to jump back in this round by working with nar...
Excuse me who quit? Yes one or two top gals when vac but the majority kept on fighting...the simple fact is that the bashing just went on...night after night...Everytime anyone in my gal got over 300 roids they immediately got bashed back down...

It was also clear from early on that NaR were no match for WEET...we didnt even have a chance to get roids/score back before you had already killed them...and where were we supposed to get roids from anyway?

In R6 there were plenty of sources for you to rebuild...where do we have to go and get ours? Unaligned gals which NARWEET had bashed as far down to nothingness as us? WEET gals which needed 4/5 VOM to cover each planet? Or NaR - who we wanted so desperately to succeed? Where Mr Germania do these magic roids come from?

Quote:
It isnt a matter of blame. It isnt a matter of anyone being evil. Everyone did what they thought was best, and it turned out this way. We will never fix these problems if we dont recognize that we are all in this together.
Yes...so when will this amazing realisation come to you then?

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 01:43   #58
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
How stupidly arrogant are you.
This my friends, is funny.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 03:43   #59
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I have had no destructive effect on this game.
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
This game is played this way because of the game mechanics.
Thats where me and you disagree. I do belive people in command have a responsabillity to avoid early stagnation. One or more sides has to be loose, sure. But dont play the game so the winner is set pre-ticks based on who made the biggest block. If game develops into a clear winner too early, consider making a split in your group. Thats all I ask and I am sure you agree.

And I never said Eclipse are evil. You guys are sure in a difficult poition at the moment, but apathy wont get you any credit in the current situation.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Everyone is just a human being playing and when put in various situations acts in the SAME manner.
Do you really think so?

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 03:56   #60
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
This my friends, is funny.
Im boringly arrogant, not stupidly arrogant.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 04:07   #61
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Wrong wrong wrong...Do u think I am making this all up? Do you think I imagined all the red on my gal screen...do you think that I imagined it every morning when virtually every ally def call went unanswered. Do you think I am lying? Please remove ur head from ur arse... If you think VOM was hit for just 1.5 weeks then u have to be losing it....
Good lord, do you honestly think you are the first person to get incoming every day. Do you honestly think you are the first allaince to not be able to cover your defence calls. Are you that spoiled? Vom was hit by nar/weet for only 5 weeks, thats all ive said. "You dont understand I was attacked!!!!" is that the best you can do? Guess what, so were alot of people. Other people have been attacked, had all thier roids taken, had thier fleets killed, seen incoming every day, and not gotten defence. Other people have done this and done it for longer than 1.5 weeks and not given up.
Quote:

You got bashed in R6 oh boo hoo... You dont seem to realise I have been there too...I was in NewX when they got shafted in R7. I was in Ely when they got bashed by Fury in R5. I know what it is like to be on the receiving end (ooerrr)...and nothing...nothing compares to the war with NARWEET...
Im not saying boo hoo. Im not whining, I dont care, I never whined in rd 6. What on earth are you talking about?
Quote:

We have people like CrazyConrad and Spaz who were on ur side in R6 and even they say that they have seen nothing on the scale of NARWEET...do you think they are lying...are they being arrogant too? Obviously its all in our imaginations and made up as part of some dirty propoganda scheme!
I didnt say Nar/weet wasnt big. I didnt say that the beating wasnt extreme. I said that it was short, and early. And that others have been hit close to as hard or just as hard.
Quote:

ffs mate take a break from the bull****...try and look at things from some one elses point of view for once...or maybe you are too arrogant to do that?
What point of view? Make some sense and Id be happy to consider your point of view. I agree that the beating was excessive. I sympathized with that. But I dont agree that you had some massive crime against humanity perpetrated against you cause you got massive incoming for a week and a half.

Quote:

Again WHAT WHAT WHAT?????
Im not sure how you cannot understand that it being early in the round meant that you had potentially around 3 months to come back.

Quote:

Everything u say is underminded by the fact that the bashing u refer to did not stop after 1.5 weeks...it's 3 weeks and counting...only respite we got was when we were too small to be bashed anymore.... I had more roids at end of the first week than I do now... No one in my gal quit...everyone went on raid tried to get roids back - catch fleets etc...but never had a chance when every morning you have incoming for which you have no defence...
The bashing you refer to did stop after 1.5 weeks. That bieng the massive bashing you are complaining about. You cant just tak on the other times when it wasnt narweet attacking you.
Quote:

Excuse me who quit? Yes one or two top gals when vac but the majority kept on fighting...the simple fact is that the bashing just went on...night after night...Everytime anyone in my gal got over 300 roids they immediately got bashed back down...
Its been said all over the place that many members of vom arent playing actively anymore or have quit the game entirely. Im sorry if this isnt true.
Quote:

It was also clear from early on that NaR were no match for WEET...we didnt even have a chance to get roids/score back before you had already killed them...and where were we supposed to get roids from anyway?
We roided xeta. We jumped in at the first opportunity and rebuilt. You passed up an opportunity.

Quote:

Yes...so when will this amazing realisation come to you then?
Jesus christ, its all ive been saying for rounds and rounds. So I think I may have come to it already. I didnt come on these forums trying to lay all the blame on other players.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 04:12   #62
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Im boringly arrogant, not stupidly arrogant.
or both?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 04:39   #63
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Thats where me and you disagree. I do belive people in command have a responsabillity to avoid early stagnation. One or more sides has to be loose, sure. But dont play the game so the winner is set pre-ticks based on who made the biggest block. If game develops into a clear winner too early, consider making a split in your group. Thats all I ask and I am sure you agree.

And I never said Eclipse are evil. You guys are sure in a difficult poition at the moment, but apathy wont get you any credit in the current situation.

Do you really think so?
I dont disagree that command have a responsibility. I dont think that it was the case that anyone tried to make themselves the winner before the ticks. Well everyone tries to put themselves in a position to win. But I dont think eclipse thought weet was a world killer. And frankly if things had gone differently, weet could have been crushed. They arent that dominating without the breaks they got.

I know so Rookie. Almost every alliance thats been in a top block has acted the same. The reason eclipse seems to resemble Fury is that WP, Ely, Eclipse all resemble Fury atm. They are all doing the same things. There isnt that much variety. Alliances all have the same interests, and are all run by normal human beings. Its a matter of situations. And almost entirely a matter of situations. Just look at how alliances act who've changed roles.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 05:54   #64
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Rookie, you are a disease on this game with your idiocy.
I tried to leave this comment alone, but cant help myself

My views must really start to hurt you, since you have gone to the level of calling me a idiot.

I am sorry to see you drop to this level, Germania.

Unread 12 Apr 2003, 06:47   #65
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

My views must really start to hurt you, since you have gone to the level of calling me a idiot.

Not really, I called you an idiot for your self-destruction posts for VoM and still firmly believe in the idiocy of it. I doubt you have hurt Germania, he has had much worse on the forums. I think you simply can never change your opinion because you are actually do seem to believe it.

Everyone has to have a dream I suppose.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 06:56   #66
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Not really, I called you an idiot for your self-destruction posts for VoM and still firmly believe in the idiocy of it. I doubt you have hurt Germania, he has had much worse on the forums. I think you simply can never change your opinion because you are actually do seem to believe it.

Everyone has to have a dream I suppose.
How is a objective view and a dream the same?

Unread 12 Apr 2003, 07:55   #67
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
or both?
I think he's both.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 08:21   #68
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
I think he's both.
You should think harder.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 08:23   #69
K-W
Bored

Quote:

Rookie, there is no way in the world you could possible hurt me. It just frustrates me that people hang onto views that have hurt this game for 9 rounds. Especially while you so ademantly want them changed. There is a reason it hasnt changed in all that time.

Last edited by K-W; 12 Apr 2003 at 08:28.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 09:46   #70
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Good lord, do you honestly think you are the first person to get incoming every day. Do you honestly think you are the first allaince to not be able to cover your defence calls. Are you that spoiled? Vom was hit by nar/weet for only 5 weeks, thats all ive said. "You dont understand I was attacked!!!!" is that the best you can do? Guess what, so were alot of people. Other people have been attacked, had all thier roids taken, had thier fleets killed, seen incoming every day, and not gotten defence. Other people have done this and done it for longer than 1.5 weeks and not given up.
Mate...I know this...it has happened to me before as I pointed out...I been on the receiving end many times myself...Where did I say that I was the first person to get incoming everyday? I didn't so stop twisting my words!

What you dont seem to realise is that the NARWEET incoming was on a far vaster scale than any of those bashings and that it persisted for far longer...Where in Gods name do you get this 1.5 weeks from? You crushed us with your superior numbers and now anytime a VOM member has any success in gaining roids they are immediately targeted by galaxies many times their size.

WEET on its own has many more members than VOM - all much bigger score wise and desperate for targets...There has been no real opportunity for recovery this round because each war (as Eclipse and WEET HC prolly planned it) has been so one-sided.

Quote:
I didnt say Nar/weet wasnt big. I didnt say that the beating wasnt extreme. I said that it was short, and early. And that others have been hit close to as hard or just as hard.
So you agree it was extreme...okay! But you still WRONG in one key area and that is that the bashing went on far longer than this imaginary 1.5 weeks that you witter on about....

You also forget that in this limited universe there is no longer anyplace to get your roids back from...

As I pointed out before:

- The unaligned gals were bashed down as much as VOM was...they were not worth roiding...and were limited in numbers this round also

- WEET gals had such a gigantic lead on us that it needed multiple VOM to tackle each planet...and being stronger numbers wise most attacks were retalled with no or limited hope of def on our side...and believe me it was tried...

- Or maybe we should have attacked NaR who u guys were in the process of bashing also? NaR who we hoped might prolong the war and give us a little chance to get back into things?

Where exactly were we to get the roids to recover from? I did reinitiate some but they were promptly stolen

Quote:
What point of view? Make some sense and Id be happy to consider your point of view.
Stupidly arrogant and boringly arrogant!

Quote:
I agree that the beating was excessive. I sympathized with that. But I dont agree that you had some massive crime against humanity perpetrated against you cause you got massive incoming for a week and a half.
Ummm again...week and a half? The bashing never stopped...Even when u went to war with NaR u still had such superiority that many of ur gals were still roiding VOM for all they were worth...and from what I can tell some of the NaR gals were also stupidly continuing to hit us in order to recover roids lost to u! The bashing only slowed down when our gals started dropping out of range...

With regard 'crimes against humanity' I never claimed that...This is a war game firstly and a game secondly!

My posts on this thread are simply to counteract the myth that you seem to be perpetuating that VOM lack skill and fight and could even now be battling for #1 spot if only they had been leet like u! If you had been prepared for even a halfway balanced fight then you would see that...but you preferred safety and a nap with NaR...

no crime there...

but to turn around now and blame us for the ****ty state of the round beacuse we lacked fight is fooking weak!

There are many VOM members still out there night after night trying to take down the odd WEET planet or gal and catch the occasional fleet and I admire them greatly...Yes some gave up or not as active...but not as many as you would expect if you were on the receiving end of what we have been on for the last four weeks... I know this sounds like the old FaNG slogan...but I am truly proud to be VOM...not because we are trampling all before us...but because the fight does go on...and people are still trying...

Quote:
Im not sure how you cannot understand that it being early in the round meant that you had potentially around 3 months to come back..The bashing you refer to did stop after 1.5 weeks. That bieng the massive bashing you are complaining about. You cant just tak on the other times when it wasnt narweet attacking you.
I am not sure how u cannot get the fact that there has NEVER been a decent opportunity to get back in the round?

And who was bashing us if it wasn't fooking NARWEET gals? Ummm...did some mysterious fourth block arrive that we know nothing about? Maybe all those non-aligned gals got thir act together and decided to take it out on VOM while we were down? Germania u really need to see a doctor if u believe that crap!

Quote:
Its been said all over the place that many members of vom arent playing actively anymore or have quit the game entirely. Im sorry if this isnt true.
The vast majority haven't and didn't...at least not until they saw even NaR had no hope against WEET and there was absoloutely ZERO chance on any kind of comeback... After four weeks of this crap people do begin to question why they shud be getting out of bed to launch almost pointless attacks where if you do manage to get through the WEET defence you lose your roids again the next day anyway!

Quote:
We roided xeta. We jumped in at the first opportunity and rebuilt. You passed up an opportunity.
And we tried to roid u...fact is tho...ur WEET number superiority and the fact that your war with NaR was so one-sided and we were so depleted meant that there never really was an opportunity!

Quote:
Jesus christ, its all ive been saying for rounds and rounds. So I think I may have come to it already. I didnt come on these forums trying to lay all the blame on other players.
Apart from blaming VOM for a ****ty round because we:

a)...created eclusive private gals that could not fence sit (which was obviously a politically niave and stupid move and therefore we deserved everything we got!

b)...made the mistake of announcing VOM first and for the sin of creating a limited 3 alliance block. We should therefore have anticipated that you would create NARWEET and bring all this crap on the game... If we only we had a little more intelligence we shud have seen that VOM would automatically lead to NARWEET...damn we obviously deserved everything we got!

c)...are crap players lacking in skill and fight because we could not cope with a coalition that had about four members to every one of ours and which continued bashing us pretty much every night of the round even when the original NARWEET coalition split...

Obviously it's all VOM's fault...how stupid have I been?

R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG

Last edited by Hardin; 12 Apr 2003 at 09:54.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 17:04   #71
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Quite an interesting discussion, especially the one between Hardin and Germania. You guys are like arguing the same thing and the funny thing is that BOTH of your arguments support the other in some way. Too bad neither of you can concede anything to the other, so I shall try to point out a few things.

Hardin: Germania is correct when he states that other alliances in the past have been bashed as much if not more than VOM has in this round. Stating that round 9's bashing of VOM is the biggest/worst thing to happen in Planetarion history is not false, but what makes it controversial is that it cannot be proven adequately. As such it creates multiple arguments.

Germania: I know for a fact that WEET, especially Eclipse, has some good intel. As such you must realize that VOM's beating for the 1st 1.5-2weeks (I think it was closer to 2.5/3 weeks in my opinion due to the fact that some weet+nahr didn’t quite make the switch to being hostile in a timely manner and of course the fence sitting galaxies/planets) was such that if made several people quit or turn in active. When the dynamics of the game changed and WEETNAHR split up, certain parts of VOM came back, but due to NAHRS internal problems VOMs internal problems, well you saw the result. Not much of a dent was made in WEET which is leading to the current situation.

Most of what I have stated is fact with some opinions thrown in. I tried to be as objective as I could, but some things I couldn’t. So now we are at the current situation. Several NAHR planets have gone/are going into vacation. This has severally limited the anti-WEET block to such a state that they DO NOT stand a very credible chance of defeating or even making it interesting round. If WEET HC's don’t realize that then it begs the question how they became HC's at all. If VOM+Vortex+others do get back active and do coordinate efforts then there is a possibility of making a dent, but the chances of that happening are very remote due to resentment and finger pointing on the parties, and lets face it, in order to take out a WEET gal/planet the anti-WEET parties will need considerable firepower to accomplish that due to the fact that WEET have more ships and bigger planets.

So now what? Although NAHR's move was despicable, it has sort of forced the issue. It is unfortunate and I wish they would have never done it since this will now set a precedence to future rounds and be seen as a valid tactic which is not a good thing for the future of Planetarion. However what is done is done! There are several choices at the moment. We can continue playing sim-planet, or WEET can choose to do something constructive with the remaining of the round by discussing several options with other HC's, or if maybe everyone whines loud enough WEET or Spinner will step in and do something.

Personally I wouldn’t mind having a reset. But I could understand the Creators viewpoint and not having a reset and making us suffer in order to highlight their points in terms of Alliances having too much power and should be limited in some respect.

Well those are some observations. If you disagree feel free to post, if you want to flame, please go outside and light yourself on fire, ta.

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 19:29   #72
Hardin

Good points...nicely put...generally

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 05:05   #73
K-W
Bored

I think if Hardin and I were to chat on irc we could probably come to a general agreement on things. I think he misunderstands where I am coming from alot.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:04   #74
Hardin

Hehe...

I misunderstand you eh?

lol

Oh well it is a Sunday...I am not working and the sun is shining...I think I will let it go