User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:28   #1
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
Question R10 new light

Just wondering as we embark on another round of pa today what are the chances that with R10 promising to be a totally new game, will this lure some of the old sleeping beasts back to the keyboard and screen to do battle once more.

Now i have played most rounds and have seen the breakup of some of the best alliances in my opinion and tbh its not quite the same without fury and legion or before that RB when they still had legs to stand on, while be impressed with xanadu and such hehehe well it would for sure make an old gamer much enjoy the new game if these old elite were to come back and make us work a little harder for our roids.

Sooooo will these guys come back to the game if it truely is a new game ?
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:00   #2
Mav
Band of Brothers

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point
Most of them are already here, just in difference alliances.

NoS Officer, OMG / Adelante Officer, Eclipse Officer, FAnG HC, Mistu, [1up].
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:27   #3
hydridia
Stan-hyd

but...

will this so called comp[letely new game draw some of the old alliances back into the game?
will xanadu come back to try their hand?
will legion call back their legionnaires for another battle?
will fury fill planets with fear again?

what i mean is will these old communities return?
and for those who say best leave them to sleep.... why?
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:33   #4
niwaie
Spirit of Xanadu

niwaie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: but...

Quote:
Originally posted by hydridia

will xanadu come back to try their hand?
not likely.

\o/
niwaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:44   #5
Meth
Me

Meth is an unknown quantity at this point
Never say never, the saying goes, but that being said, it's highly unlikely. Alliances disband for a reason. It could be internal chaos, wear and tear after rounds and rounds of fighting, or just a tiring of to many command and core members to make future rounds a hellish prospect. Especially in the case of the alliances like Fury, Xan and Legion though, when the decision comes to leave to top notch willingly, and pass it along to the next generation, its final, not the least of all because it would take alot of energy to crack the skulls of the new top dogs, alot of the vets don't have the energy anymore. :P

In Fury's case I think we just finally reached a point where the core command had been doing it for a very, very long time, as had the members, quite a number of whom had been fighting since round two or three. And between round 4 and 7 we basically saw four rounds of the same conflict, with cosmetic changes to each block, and in the end it just tires people out. Round eight wasn't the ideal finale, but nor was it a tragic end to the alliance's history, a good end for a great alliance.

It's time for a new generation in PA I feel, if this game is ever going to reach past glory, then it's the newbies who will carry it past round ten and beyond, and with them they will bring their own alliances and playing groups, and then the probable, nay, inevitable flame fest on this board a few rounds down the track.

"Is X alliance better than Fury/Xan/Legion was?"

Meth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 03:08   #6
StarlockUV
Vengeance (VGN)

StarlockUV is on a distinguished road
I belive future round will produce much better allainces than fury and legion, but we are at lest a round off one of them if not a few more.

Have A Good One All
StarlockUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 03:23   #7
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by StarlockUV
I belive future round will produce much better allainces than fury and legion, but we are at lest a round off one of them if not a few more.
other alliances will succede them, but they wont better them.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 03:25   #8
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by StarlockUV
I think it would take more than that. Assuming rd 10 is the creation of a changed enough game that it can attract a large player core. It would take at least 2 rounds to build the playerbase back up. If there isnt a significantly larger player base, than the only way to create such an alliance would be a significantly one sided collection of PA skill and activity. That would pretty much destroy the game and I really dont see that happening. So, it would take at least 3 rounds to build up the playerbase needed to support allainces like that in my estimation.

That is assuming that rd 10 is not so different than previous PA that allainces cant really be compared. It would be like American baseball where you cant compare stats of players from different eras.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 11:08   #9
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Im trying to guess already which alliance/alliances will disband at the end of rnd 9...
Any takers?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:15   #10
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
we dont need great players, we have 100's of them
what we need is a sea of n00bies
n00bies initiating a whole universe of roids
so many roids
so many wars
so much n00bie bashing

If theres one thing in life i love, it's to bash the living faeces out of n00bs
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 22:36   #11
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
other alliances will succede them, but they wont better them.

Other alliance's WILL be better than them
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:57   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by themast
Other alliance's WILL be better than them
That's actually a fair point. Alliances tend to evolve improvements which, once developed, tend not to be lost. Thus, the alliances of r9 are in many ways 'better' than those of the 'glory days' of r2-r3. The skills required by alliances now are far more varied than were required then. Transplanting even a fairly average r9 alliance into r3 would probably lead to great success for that alliance.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:01   #13
hydridia
Stan-hyd

how

So what would you ear mark as major changes in the tactics of the alliances or skills that have been learnt.... are we talking about intel or attacking and defencive tactics?

just creating a little bit less of a flame post session
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:15   #14
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: but...

Quote:
Originally posted by niwaie
not likely.
/me returns to that other game we all play now
Silk_311x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:19   #15
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: but...

Quote: