User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2003, 21:58   #1
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
ne one see richard and judy?

they had this guy on saying how dieases come from space dust, and the sars virus came from some comet dust thet the earth went thru

App. these viurs' mostly come down into china because of the hymilya mountains, theres less atmosphere for them to come from.

He believes are whole civilization start from bacteria etc. in this dust, and so there could be other planets with life on them just like ours, like aliens that look like humans etc.
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 22:00   #2
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
'old'
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 23:19   #3
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
'old'
well i only seen it today so for me its not, and probably for alot of people

I'm very sorry if it botherd you as being old but i never took into consideration of researching whether some arsehole knew about it
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 23:21   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It can only come from 'outer space' if there is some kind of host for it to inhabit.

Viruses aren't alive as such.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 23:22   #5
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old, but in fact very plassable. The usually come down on comets and that is why astromoners call them 'dirty snowballs'
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 23:38   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid00
Old, but in fact very plassable. The usually come down on comets and that is why astromoners call them 'dirty snowballs'
I thought the reason they were called dirty snowballs was because they were, well, dirty snowballs.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 23:42   #7
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I thought the reason they were called dirty snowballs was because they were, well, dirty snowballs.
No, they are indeed called dirty snowballs because they can carry bacteria. In fact, I think someone already mentioned, it is one of the therios how life got here.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 06:05   #8
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
it's called panspermia and tis bollox if u ask me
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 06:15   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid00
No, they are indeed called dirty snowballs because they can carry bacteria. In fact, I think someone already mentioned, it is one of the therios how life got here.
no, they are called dirty snowballs because they are made mostly of ice mixed with dirt, funnily enough (like a snowball with some dirt in it, for the slow readers amongst you).

It has been suggested that they can carry life, but this has nothing to do with them being called dirty.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 06:15   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by DrNick
it's called panspermia and tis bollox if u ask me
I am sure that your credentials lend significant weight to your opinion.

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 06:30   #11
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

they had some really clever bloke on telly the other day saying this theory is complete bollocks, something about if there is life elsewhere in the universe the chances of it being compatible with humans is negligable, also if it can survive the harsh conditions of space it is unlikely to survive conditions on earth.

i believe him because he had a beard and treated the idea with contempt
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 07:00   #12
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua

<stuff>
in terms of infections, yes. the idea of panspermia itself though is still fine.

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 09:38   #13
CoD
(.) (.)

Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua

i believe him because he had a beard and treated the idea with contempt
Yeh this guy didnt have a beard, but he was inidian
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 09:46   #14
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I've got some links to some pretty dirty snowballs if you want them!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 09:52   #15
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by CoD
Yeh this guy didnt have a beard, but he was inidian
different guy. the panspermia advocate is Chandra Wickramasinghe . I bet that is the guy you saw. he thinks everything comes from space.

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 10:15   #16
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
I am sure that your credentials lend significant weight to your opinion.
a Bsc in Biochemistry & Genetics and an Msc in Bioinformatics give me quite a good ground to comment on evolutionary origins.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 10:18   #17
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by DrNick
a Bsc in Biochemistry & Genetics and an Msc in Bioinformatics give me quite a good ground to comment on evolutionary origins.
okay, why do you think it's bollocks then?

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 10:28   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
This is not really old, at least i can't remeber it being posted here before?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 10:31   #19
Radical Edward

I recall at least two threads about this. one was called SARS from MARS

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 10:34   #20
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Oh.
Then, its probably just beacause if i see a sience thread, i try to get away from it, since i know zip all.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 10:50   #21
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Oh.
Then, its probably just beacause if i see a sience thread, i try to get away from it, since i know zip all.

I wish other people had your attitude.

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 11:09   #22
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
ITT we throw spelling and grammar out of the window.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote