User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 May 2003, 06:55   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Maths Puzzle

Two planes are travelling towards eachother.

Each is travelling at 800mph.

When the planes are 500 miles apart, one fires a rocket at the other, which travels at 2000mph.

When the missile reaches the other plane, electronics on the plane send it hurtling back towards its launcher, until it reaches there and similar electronics send it back again.

This continues until the two planes collide.

How far does the missile travel?

Noone who sees how to do this puzzle easily is allowed to post in this thread.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 29 May 2003 at 07:05.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 07:18   #2
Dreadnought!

499.99999999999999999999999999999999999 Miles
Unread 29 May 2003, 07:25   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Whut?
Unread 29 May 2003, 07:28   #4
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Whut?
u heard me
Unread 29 May 2003, 08:46   #5
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Maths Puzzle

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Noone who sees how to do this puzzle easily is allowed to post in this thread.
tan(answer/mile) ≈ -0.17880795549494

Posted in this thread, anyway...
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:00   #6
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
625 miles?
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:03   #7
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by DrNick
625 miles?
it was probably TOO easy
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:03   #8
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
we are allowed to use a calculator right?
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:13   #9
DrNick
Land Based Biped

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
100k to myself and pray that 2/3 are smart enough not to reject.
?
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:20   #10
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by DrNick
?
fs wrong thread...
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:24   #11
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
i can't fly a plane so why should i care
Unread 29 May 2003, 09:48   #12
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TheShadowMan
i can't fly a plane so why should i care
Because maybe one day there will be a plane with an autopilot, which you can easily fly...
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:52   #13
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Hmmz on closer inspection i still dont care.

You'd nearly think this was GD
Unread 29 May 2003, 18:45   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by TheShadowMan
Hmmz on closer inspection i still dont care.

You'd nearly think this was GD
'Look at me my rank is m0derator i'm cool'
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:11   #15
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah 625miles like someone else said/
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:14   #16
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
I can like see in my head how to do it, but I couldn't do it.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:17   #17
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
The planes take 500/1600 hours to meet

So the missile travels 2000 * 500/1600 = 625 miles

QED
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:28   #18
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
The planes take 500/1600 hours to meet

So the missile travels 2000 * 500/1600 = 625 miles

QED
hmmm
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote