User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Apr 2003, 00:54   #1
Insa

Bomb under Zik-race?

Since the thread about Rabba's closure due to shipfarming is way to long, i have another thing.

How can someone proof that people are shipfarming?
Imo they cant, it can be suspicious but never proven.

With the rule about shipfarming its quite easy to eliminate every single zik player in the universe.
What to do?
For example.
FC]Insa> What happen if a certain person launch for 7 days in a row only 50 demeters to a zik with enough rogues to steal them in one tick? At the same time that person report this player to the creators and accusing him/her for shipfarmming? Is that proof to close that planet? How the rules are now, YES, but FFS that person is completly innocent but cant proof he isnt? What does the zik has to do? send his fleet away to prove he is innocent? dont let me laugh

The fleet farming rule is one big joke, cant be proven, have to be cut from the rulez. I dont say that i like shipfarming, im not even a zik. But what i try to tell is that that rule aint fair. Innocent people can be victim of that rule very easy and for the ones that aint innocent there aint proof that they are guilty.
So it looks like that the ziks are sitting duck now. be aware of small incommings, give your roids away very easy or kill them with your clippers and send you rogues away. It can be your last action if you dont .

So again, since innocent people can become victim of that rule it aint a fair rule. Only thing they can do to stop it is to delete the zik race for next round.

Insa
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 00:58   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Except in this case, the planets who sent demeters were listed as WP in the WEET arbiter. I very much doubt they did this to get their own HC closed.

This was not a ploy to frame anyone, as you are suggesting. The facts are irrefutable if you use what too many people in this community lack: common sense.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 00:58   #3
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf is this avoid the issue by creating mass amounts of threads to dispurse the information amongst so many that it is near impossible to have a ongoing debate/argument.
we call that filabuster back home
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 00:59   #4
Insa

Im only suggesting that it is possible to frame soemone, and therefor the rule aint vailid imo.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:13   #5
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Insa
Im only suggesting that it is possible to frame soemone, and therefor the rule aint vailid imo.
then dont try to farm ships wether its from people you know or someone who you tink you can get them from.

aquire the ships in REAL combat.

if yuo sent enough rogues to steal x-demetres from a planet that looks inactive, that is still farming..........

it might not be with consent, but its till farming, so stop all the whining.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:15   #6
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
alsoas for tem sending 50 dems, well just kill the with your fleet. simple enough.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:23   #7
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
then dont try to farm ships wether its from people you know or someone who you tink you can get them from.

aquire the ships in REAL combat.

if yuo sent enough rogues to steal x-demetres from a planet that looks inactive, that is still farming..........

it might not be with consent, but its till farming, so stop all the whining.
Excuse me. Now it's farming to steal ships from an inactive planet? Is it also farming to steal roids from an inactive planet? I hope and pray that you are the only person in this game to believe that sort of drivel.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:42   #8
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
rabba isn't innocent, fleet farming is cheating, your example fits better for |Darky|(?) who was #1 in rnd6(NoS gal that was #1, c7) and got closed since people in his gal that had left had pa-mailed him their logins. Ok, so he couldn't stop this, and fs, if he wants to switch players why do it per pa-mail(he was the GC)? Now this was an actual frameing, rabbas case is far from as pure as this, though one could ask oneself why 48:4 hasn't been closed since they've sported simular methods aswell. So VVoMM/NaR, wanna keep on riding that high-horse of moral supremacy and go demand the closure of 48:4 aswell or are you gonna hand it over to the next crusaders?
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:44   #9
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
rabba isn't innocent, fleet farming is cheating, your example fits better for |Darky|(?) who was #1 in rnd6(NoS gal that was #1, c7) and got closed since people in his gal that had left had pa-mailed him their logins. Ok, so he couldn't stop this, and fs, if he wants to switch players why do it per pa-mail(he was the GC)? Now this was an actual frameing, rabbas case is far from as pure as this, though one could ask oneself why 48:4 hasn't been closed since they've sported simular methods aswell. So VVoMM/NaR, wanna keep on riding that high-horse of moral supremacy and go demand the closure of 48:4 aswell or are you gonna hand it over to the next crusaders?
I'm going to start calling you "Moral Compass" Sun. I don't think the poster claimed that Rabba was innocent. He simply posited that perhaps frame-up jobs are easier with this rule than with others.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:45   #10
Insa

It isnt the point if he is innocent or not, i dont know and I dont care. My point is that the rule aint correct cause it can hit every single zik, read ffs!
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:45   #11
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
alsoas for tem sending 50 dems, well just kill the with your fleet. simple enough.
are you trying to tell me you'd use de-killers to waste those ships? Pass up 50 dems just so if someone by chance was watching wouldn't have any reason to doubt your honesty? fs, I wouldn't, I'd take the dems if that was the case.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:48   #12
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator
I'm going to start calling you "Moral Compass" Sun. I don't think the poster claimed that Rabba was innocent. He simply posited that perhaps frame-up jobs are easier with this rule than with others.
indeed they are, on the other hand, I can pick out a random ziko and send in some fleets at him one at a time, slowly feeding him de-shippies, then send him my logins in pa-mail and then report him to the creators. indeed it is easy
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 01:53   #13
Insa

Quote:
indeed they are, on the other hand, I can pick out a random ziko and send in some fleets at him one at a time, slowly feeding him de-shippies, then send him my logins in pa-mail and then report him to the creators. indeed it is easy

And because it is so damn easy to do this, it aint a good rule. innocent people can be an easy victim. So in that case my opinion is that this rule has to be throwed away.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 02:00   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
And because it is so damn easy to do this, it aint a good rule. innocent people can be an easy victim. So in that case my opinion is that this rule has to be throwed away.
Its easy to frame someone for roid farming also then. Shall we make that legal again?

Fact is, the rule is there to stop an unfair advantage in the rankings.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 02:04   #15
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Its easy to frame someone for roid farming also then. Shall we make that legal again?

Fact is, the rule is there to stop an unfair advantage in the rankings.
It's easy to frame someone for ship farming because you can simply sent ships at him, and if he is Zik, he'll probably try to steal them.

Since you can't exactly send asteroids at players, I'm a bit confused as to how it is as easy to frame someone for roid farming. Care to clarify what you mean?
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 02:06   #16
Insa

i know the rules zhil, but the fact is that someone is innocent until proven guilty, and shipfarming cant be proven because every single zik can be framed.

Are you zik zhil? Because if you are how would you react if i launch 7 days in a row 100 vultures on you. I know you would like to haev 700 vultures on your side. Is it fair then that because of this dunb rule you have to send away your thieves? I dont think so, its part of the zik-race, but with this rule you have to cause you wil be closed then because you will be accused for shipfarming. not fair imo, because you are innocent. Thats my point.

About roidfarming, that can prooved sometimes you know that yourself.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 02:16   #17
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Bomb under Zik-race?

Quote:
Since the thread about Rabba's closure due to shipfarming is way to long, i have another thing.

With the rule about shipfarming its quite easy to eliminate every single zik player in the universe.
What to do?
For example.
FC]Insa> What happen if a certain person launch for 7 days in a row only 50 demeters to a zik with enough rogues to steal them in one tick? At the same time that person report this player to the creators and accusing him/her for shipfarmming? Is that proof to close that planet? How the rules are now, YES, but FFS that person is completly innocent but cant proof he isnt? What does the zik has to do? send his fleet away to prove he is innocent? dont let me laugh

The fleet farming rule is one big joke, cant be proven, have to be cut from the rulez. I dont say that i like shipfarming, im not even a zik. But what i try to tell is that that rule aint fair. Innocent people can be victim of that rule very easy and for the ones that aint innocent there aint proof that they are guilty.
So it looks like that the ziks are sitting duck now. be aware of small incommings, give your roids away very easy or kill them with your clippers and send you rogues away. It can be your last action if you dont .

So again, since innocent people can become victim of that rule it aint a fair rule. Only thing they can do to stop it is to delete the zik race for next round.

Insa
if i was zik and i got 50 dems incoming i would prolly kill them off before any rogue would shoot, or just go out roiding and let 200 roaches cover me.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 02:18   #18
WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm..

I found a farm the other day, searching for a day target.
What if i had sent.. lets say.. each day, 3 waves.

In my view, im an attacker, i want roids, ofc i go for the easiest targets with loads of roids, as anyone else does.
So, there is a target - it has loads of roids.

I send my vults, i grab say 50.

Next day, loads of roids again, same planet.. now what?
You wanna tell me i cant attack him ?
Not my fault that the guy dont get any defense, and keep initalising 100 roids a day.

But, as the rules are now - repetitave attacks done on such a planet are called farming, no matter the fact, if i know the guy/girl or not..

Then what ?
Can i only attack targets with ships ?
Well, many farms has a small fleet they send away.

Hmm, so. whats next.. i cant do repetitave attacks ?
Well, how often when crusing a planet dont the same ppl send again and again to the same target.

So, when am i farming ?
When are anyone farming?
How many hasnt in the game, crushed a fellows defenses, for then day after day, roid him dry. Leaving him alone for a week or 2, and then start over. - Then according to youre arguments, all this ppl are farming. Hmm, so infact, all players of PA, that dont hit targets above theyre size, with full fleets home, are farming.

Shipfarming ? - opposite, ure beeing a Zik, someone keeps sending you ships.
Of course you take, ure a zik, you have chosen youre race because you can steal other's fleet.
So because someone is a moron, and keeps sending u ships, ypu as zik gonna start killing them ?
I dont think so.

Either way, it all rounds up to - unless creators can prove that communication between you and the target actually took place, that a agreement was formed, then they cant accuse you as cheater, as it is in the game dynamics to take roids, and take ships. Easy as that.

But.. what is communication?
I can keep sending msgs to some planets, and just put in some text like "ok pal, i send 50 dems now, and more soon"
Then what? - fact is, i dont know the guy, i just wanna frame him.
So send the 50 dems. Now what ?
Creators gonna close the guy, and he had done nothing wrong.
Prove that he isnt farming ?

How ?

The cases of farming, that be of ship or roid, has to be so obvious and so clear that no questions can be raised.

In rabba's case, 2 people at same time sending 50 dems to him, can hardly according to above, fall under the concept of proved farming .

If that is the case, then as Insa says - you might aswell close every zik and anyone with a pod, ever done an attack on a planet that runs, or dont have fleet - down.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 02:23   #19
Insa

Quote:
if i was zik and i got 50 dems incoming i would prolly kill them off before any rogue would shoot, or just go out roiding and let 200 roaches cover me.
Question?

Is it so hard to understand the real meaning of what i am trying to say? I know my English typing isnt the best of all, I know also that my keyboard is completly ****ed up, but since I see people understanding what i meant then I assume that the thread is perfectly clear. At least for some then.

Instead of replying about non important secundairy issues to make someting understandable.
If i say 50 demeter, 500000000000million demeters 5 billion vultures it is all of non-importance howmany the fleet is.
OMG looks like I am trying to get a discussion going on in a kindergarden class
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 03:35   #20
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So VVoMM/NaR, wanna keep on riding that high-horse of moral supremacy and go demand the closure of 48:4 aswell or are you gonna hand it over to the next crusaders?
I would support the closure of 48:4 cos their value to NaR is extremely limited anyway. I believe the word used if "fencesitters" (bar a couple of NoS members who are stilling fighting for their alliance ofc - well done to you guys).

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 03:44   #21
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
That didnt make sense.

If a random person does this, ofc it should have no effect, the creators arent even that stupid.... When its an alliance member, well... and tbh, I would try and kill a fleet like that, not steal it but hey, I only played Zik one round

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 04:05   #22
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
So VVoMM/NaR, wanna keep on riding that high-horse of moral supremacy and go demand the closure of 48:4 aswell or are you gonna hand it over to the next crusaders?

No one is riding a high horse, and never was moral supremacy claimed. I don't know where you dream up these things, but it's simply not based in reality.

Your argument couldn't possibly be weaker, and you've resorted to unfounded potshots in a futile attempt to make up for any substance from which to base a reasonable argument.

People on both "sides" are acting like fools, and posting alot of garbage--make no mistake.

I could reply, in opposite fashion to your post, "will WEET keep on playing dumb and pleading ignorance, whining about loopholes in the rules, and get away with breaking the rules?".

It's just silly.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 05:21   #23
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Its similar enough to the farming rule.

I attack a planet, he doesnt get any defence so sends his fleet away, and aparently, that makes me a farmer (I got closed for it, but reopened last round).

Just like if I'm attacked by DE, that I would always want to steal, im also a farmer.

As for the issue of planets/gals being on the WEET arbiter, do you have any idea how many problems there were with hostile gals being listed as friendly throughout this round?
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 06:35   #24
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
And send away your rogues? If I had to send my fleet away because else I would be deleted because the rule would say I was farming, I would want my eonium back, else rhe ziks will loose score and maybe roids in future attacks
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 06:43   #25
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Bomb under Zik-race?

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Why?
One of the main reasons of being a zik is to steal the other races best ships isn't it?
and you would've run away your steal ships and let roaches freeze them?
LIES!
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 06:48   #26
Mouse

When you say that ship farming is not a valid rule becus ppl can abuse it that makes very little sense to me. Ofc ppl could try to frame someone, and it has probly happened more then once. But the whole point is that it stops people from having an unfair advantage. If you removed the rule, guess what every one in the univers would be zik except for the ones that were helping them out on the farming. That would be a lot of fun wouledn't it. Don't think so.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 07:46   #27
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Its similar enough to the farming rule.

I attack a planet, he doesnt get any defence so sends his fleet away, and aparently, that makes me a farmer (I got closed for it, but reopened last round).

Just like if I'm attacked by DE, that I would always want to steal, im also a farmer.

As for the issue of planets/gals being on the WEET arbiter, do you have any idea how many problems there were with hostile gals being listed as friendly throughout this round?
Noone ever gets attacked by 50 Dems as a normal procedure. It just never happens ever.
So it is a:
a) Your farm
b) The planet you donate your roids to
b) Wrong coords
b) Someone trying to frame you (how much more unlikely. never heard it happen to anyone in 7 rounds so far)

So if you are attacked by 50 ships and you move all but your rogues away it firstly says:
I know it is only 50 demeters (and no clippers or something like that). So you must have inside knowledge or it is already mil scans time.
Let say the attacker only has 50 Demeters (sounds likely already) as his only 50 ships or you do indeed have mil scans so it is logical you do know what ships he send.Then you newsscan him to see where he usually sends his 50 Dems and report the planets involved cause then it is is most likely a farm who send to wrong coords (still more likely then a frame up) and you just stay home and kill the incomings.

However, it gets much more difficult when somebody sends you 50 vultures. That is quite usual practise (contrary to the demeters) and happens often. Risking 100 thieves only at home then might just be worth it to save roids and gamble on it being a vulture fleet only. Farming is much harder to prove then. Then only by repetition farming might be proved. And possibly by checking if the famr sends 50 pods regularly on other attacks and actually gets roids in such attacks ever.

People suggesting all these fake attacks rather for get about the planet doing them. You can off course check a lot from such a planet already. Is that a normal planet attacking for roids or a farm that only sends pods to be stolen? Does it repeat the sending of small ships donating fleets? Does it communicate with other planets in its gal or the gals attacking ?

If in doubt the farm itself can alomost always be closed and deleted straight away cause it is often very recognizable with ridiculous fleet and behaviour that has totally nothing to do with playing an honest game.

hAl
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 08:32   #28
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
i have read this all with humor and amusement.
first i want to say: why another thread we have already 3 ? 4 ?
Then about beeing a Zik. I played Zik for all rounds they were available, in no round i got incomings from ppl to frame me.
The attackers indeed were marked as WP, attacked during the day, attacked when rabba had all his ships home, and those demeters came exactly on the days rabba started building DE fleets. (this is what i learned from various talks and infos i was given, since i investigated abit further into this itneresting topic).
Before this, 3 days before this even, rabba had not a single frig not a single de. And hence he starts building DE an alliance m8 attacks him (in time so rabba can use the ships the following night).
Looks suspicious to me and im even on the same side, and honestly wont throw a stone at him for it.
But im fed up with ppl claiming he is an utter ignorant idiot who cant read the manual, has no contact to the game, plays without common sense and is now even the victim of an plot of wp members who try to get their hc deleted.
Especially as earlier this round, he already had 700 vultures while he maintained a CO only fleet. Beeing in contact with quiet a few ppl on both sides and talking with alot of Ziks, i have found not ONE who was as lucky getting vultures free house and not even having any other huge amount of Xan COs.
Even i got once lucky and had 67 vultures. They are by losses down to 45 now and i have 700 not zik co in total. i think you can draw your conclusion from this how "rare" Vultures are, especially if it was already a few weeks ago, where losses were higher due to no news-scans.
Furhtermore like i posted somewhere else, noone of us knows all evidence, noone of us will influence the decisions of the creators by this threads and certainly noone will change the current "mainstreamopinion" outside of WP and his Gal that he has cheated, unless its said otherwise by creators.
I as his ally will not judge him by that, ill lay my faith in the creators to find the answer, but i admit that the pieces of information we saw look suspicious.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 08:38   #29
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Well im sure if somebody sent 50 demeters at me i would have gotten som raoches to blockthem so i could steal them, even if he had framed me l8r on.

i would belive its better with the rule like this than no rule.
But rules are there to be broken ya know.
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 09:02   #30
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
WHO DID NOT KNOW FARMING WAS ILLEGAL heh? I really have not seen in any thread a ton of talk about "were all doing it so rabba should be innocent". I rather see "rabba did it but its technically not breaking the rules' So why isnt everyone else doing it? And no 48:4 does not count cause that galaxy has both a transvestite <jessica a.k.a.killmark> botking <killmark> and they are all ace at the whole grapes of wrath agricultural thing. Reason others are not doing it is because THEY DO NOT WANNA BE CLOSED FOR FARMING heh.

Not one person would moan and complain had the ships been captured from REAL combat because thats legal and wise to do. Capturing ships from peeps who are protected in your arbiter <meaning they are protected from other weet/nar at the time hitting them> and then capturing their fleet is farming heh and thats farming with consent ffs even heh. Its not just Rabba but where rabba got the ships so we saying rabba and the ship donators were all innocently conducting this as they did not know? The message of the day even said something about DONT FARM THE EYE IS WATCHING. It did not say do not ROID farm is said DONT FARM heh so thats fair warning as well is it not?

NONE of this has anything to do with RABBA personally this is ALL BUSINESS. This is nothing more than trying to stop the unfair obtainment of ships that can later be used in the wars to gain with. If ship farming WAS LEGAL youd see ALOT more ZIK that there are in the round already. Rabba is a nice guy that got caught doing something he should not have thats all.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 09:30   #31
Jori.X.McKie

2 cents

if i´m zik and if any hostile (not in my alliance or napped to my alliance) send me 50 or XX numbers of Demeters or vulture several times ... i would laugh and say thanks a lot let my thiefs or rougue stay home and steal them.

If the hostile planet then go to the creators and would accuse me of ship farming even the creators would laugh ... they maybe will investigate but honestly .... anybody think they would close me for that ?
Noone with common sense would even think about it.

However there is one gap ... if your ship donating planet is your friend and not in your alliance.
This case is hard to investigate and to proof to be unguilty or guilty of ship farming. In this case and only in this case i would apply for the accused planet to be unguilty as not proven to be guilty.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 10:30   #32
Bertrant

Problem can be easily solved. Delete the sender. As every account costs same money, noone will sent teasers towards a Zik. Otherwise he can report this player to Creators.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 10:54   #33
Paine
Proud to be an [Ely] d00d

Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
The facts are irrefutable if you use what too many people in this community lack: common sense.

I bet you're a teacher in your free time... sounds like most of mine put together

I think people need to accept what has happened. Less questioning, more playing... w00t

Paine

See my ugly face here

Top forum Spamm0r 2001 & 2002
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 11:54   #34
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Paine
I bet you're a teacher in your free time... sounds like most of mine put together

I think people need to accept what has happened. Less questioning, more playing... w00t

Paine
Reduce to the Max ? :e_chick:
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 12:14   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Bomb under Zik-race?

Quote:
Originally posted by mens
Why?
One of the main reasons of being a zik is to steal the other races best ships isn't it?
and you would've run away your steal ships and let roaches freeze them?
LIES!
If i was a top 10 planet or top 25 i would go out roiding everyday 3 fleets and use almost all my ships, if 50 demeters would occur i would just get someone to kill them off, in gal zik or if i was lucky i would kill/steal them myself, i would completely ignore these incs and just send a mail to prince since you can't frame me. Or well i hope.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 13:14   #36
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bomb under Zik-race?

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
If i was a top 10 planet or top 25 i would go out roiding everyday 3 fleets and use almost all my ships, if 50 demeters would occur i would just get someone to kill them off, in gal zik or if i was lucky i would kill/steal them myself, i would completely ignore these incs and just send a mail to prince since you can't frame me. Or well i hope.
i have 3 planets incoming atm with 3 fleets attacking (hi weet)

i can't believe alliances let that happen as it's killing your own alliance it's pathetic to say the least but heh what's to be expected...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 14:53   #37
pyromanic
Troll Warrior

pyromanic is an unknown quantity at this point
The creators can make any rules they like but is it really fair to punish those who follow the nature of the game ?

Its hard to say exactly, but by punishing players you are treating the symtoms not the problem.

If I know a friendly ruler of a planet who is willing to let me exchange ships or roids why is this wrong ? It isnt really, the punishment is only there because the game fails to make this practise unattractive.
Outlawing ship farming is even more ridiculious, what I do with my ships is my business ffs. Are we puppets or players ?

Possible solutions ? How about altering the game rules before trying to impose rigid rules on players who should be free to do what they want within the game imo.
This is like having a special rule in chess, you cant do the blitzreig mananovue because its not fair.

Do you see what iam saying, the game is failing not the players, they merely highlight a problem.

Iam sure the creators would rather create then be caretakers like this and have to watch players for 'unfair' practise.

A possible solution to roid farming ?
Roids are infinite atm, some how a planet never runs out, it just gets harder to scan as you accumulate. This is unrealistic and the true cause of the problem. I know it sounds tough, but if you mine roids and lose them, you shouldn't just be able to get them back straight away. Astroroids come into orbit around planets only after time and usually according to the size relative to others in the galaxy.
Maybe Iam being silly there, this is a game and who iam to start talking amateur astrophysics or whatever. But heck it sounds like a better basis for a game to me then dodging the creators attention which just turns people bitter.

Ship Farming like I say is a stupid rule anyway, maybe its a consequence of roid farming, not sure.

Iam looking to the creators to improve the game's dynamics not pin us down with nonsense rules to cover its flaws.

/Parad0x
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 01:50   #38
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bomb under Zik-race?

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
i have 3 planets incoming atm with 3 fleets attacking (hi weet)

i can't believe alliances let that happen as it's killing your own alliance it's pathetic to say the least but heh what's to be expected...

WEET can be so inefficient atm that it doesn't really matter for them, with their politics and galaxy control (see my post in mordens thread about galaxy control and esp. NaR people not trying to get involved) even newbies can be on top ... oh wait a minute ..
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 03:37   #39
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts

Quote:

What to do?
For example.

Insa

you sir are a moron
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 07:42   #40
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Theoretically and hypothetically, yes. But in reality, quite impossible. The fact is, if you send 50 dems to someone, thinking it will get roids, and get them stolen every time, well, sorry, but even the most inept human being can figure out that it's an idiot way of doing things. 7 days in a row? Well, it would be impossible by human nature. So please, in the rule of Read - Comprehend - Post, focus on the Comprehend part a bit more ta
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 11:09   #41
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
and you people wonder why they took thiefs out in the first place.
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 12:19   #42
Insa

So DrNick?
Quote:
you sir are a moron
I see only one, but k cant blame you that you cant read in the first place. I cant blame you that you dont have the ability to be part of a discussion. I cant blame you that you prolly always be skipped by other people when people wanted to discuss.
If you dont have nothing usefull to say, go back to play with your playmobil instead of calling me a moron.
The only thing what i was trying to do is to get a discussion going on, if this discussion is right or wrong, black or whithe, left or right aint the issue. Opions are important, whenever people agree or dont agree. Thats is a discussion and not calling someone a moron for having an opinion you brainless undeveloped human being.

But ok for the rest seems that people are against with reasons and some are for. I still think that shipfarming can never be a reason for closing a planet but ok, most people and the creators think otherwise so thats it.

gl
Insa

Last edited by Insa; 6 Apr 2003 at 12:24.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:09   #43
LordBlackheart2000

LordBlackheart2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

What to do?
For example.

Insa
I'm sorry but your example is a bit lame, as i've yet to come across a Zik player that builds purely stealers, I've seen them with just Kill Ships, or with a mix of both which is normally higher numbers of killers. So for you to send 50 Demeters or 100 Vultures at a zik to frame him, your ships would be killed before they were stolen, he may well move his kill fleet out of the way for the first day or 2, but he would have to be stupid not to think that it's a little wierd that the same person is sending the same amount of Pods at him each day without any fleet backup, thus he would end up killing the fleet instead.

Cupelix
LordBlackheart2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:37   #44
LordBlackheart2000

LordBlackheart2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
And just an extra note to those that have or are ship farming.

Stop being Lame because all you will do is
A) You might win by cheating...oh thats satisfying, any N00b can do that.
B) You might get Deleted.. which makes the time you spent building a planet...Pointless
C) Bring a bad name to Yourself and Your Alliance... Not a real biggy as you probably dont care anyway otherwise you wouldn't Farming in the first place.
D) Force the hand of the creators... To add or delete something from the Game like they have in the past to stop abuse of the rules. Lets look at R2 Theifs and Pirates abused to the max, so what did they do, they removed them. R7 in gal Roiding by Ziks was abused and promptly removed. Alliance Powerblocking which is allainces abusing the way the game is played so they can make sure their respected Group can win a round before it even starts, so whats happening now with this Creators looking at ways to stop this, Theres been more but can't be arsed to continue, i think i made my point.

Cupelix
LordBlackheart2000 is offline   Reply With Quote