User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:00   #1
(,')

[Trial] People vs. The United States Of America/Allies

The Non-NATO/UN members face a threat from the free world. Every day, a nations sovereignty is dismissed by an allied foe, in their quest for world domination. NATO/UN use espionage, infiltration and other unlawfull tactics to get public opinion on their side in an eventual war.

The next project of NATO is to crush a state, rather than give them a chance. It's said that Saddam Hussein has threated his people bad; proved that he has used toxins on his own people; proved that he has seized power without a democartic election, even invaded a neighbouring country. For sure, these are all horrible actions, but emotions set aside, this can not be our mission. NATO cannot act as a world police. It was meant as a defensive alliance, and not untill quite recently has this organization gone from beeing purly defensive into both upholding peace and taking out possible/real threats.

If their interest really was peace, would they not invest more time into that, instead of beeing warmongers? Daily, we see articles describing how "Enough is enought" and how they yearn for blood in the Gulf once again. How can you expect cooperation from a sovereing nation threatned with overwhelming power, considering the history from this land.

Saddam was made by the US of A, and now, once they found out he's out of control, they want to silence him, or maybee they want his resources. Without diving into conspiracy theories, there are many reasons both for and against a war.

If UK/USA could stop hiding behind the NATO and UN, take action, and also take the consequences, people would see that this is nothing more than a disgracefull agression. Needed maybee, but still nothing more than warmongering.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:04   #2
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Right. So what exactly are you trying to say?!?!?!
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:10   #3
(,')

I would like to see the Human rights court establish a case against USA and UK.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:11   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Hi Rico
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:22   #5
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
being only has one e. same with maybe. one e.
Who are the non-UN nations? I can't think of any non-UN nations.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:34   #6
(,')

Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
being only has one e. same with maybe. one e.
Who are the non-UN nations? I can't think of any non-UN nations.
Thanks for the spelling advice.

Here are two non members of the UN altho you seemd to forget that it was NATO/UN.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:55   #7
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by (,')
Thanks for the spelling advice.

Here are two non members of the UN altho you seemd to forget that it was NATO/UN.
Taiwan should be admitted to the UN. Vatican City can go to hell as far as I am concerned.

PA people are a bunch of warmongers. I would sit there peacefully on my planet just doing a bit of research and building a few spiders. Suddenly, PA players would kill my ships and steal my asteroids. No UN resolution. No warning. It was wham, bam thank you ma'am.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:10   #8
(,')

I fully agree.

The problem would be that I would have to change UK/USA with Legion and Fury.

I could actually just do a "Find-> Change" and switch them and make a good story on AD.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:15   #9
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
I fully agree.

The problem would be that I would have to change UK/USA with Legion and Fury.

I could actually just do a "Find-> Change" and switch them and make a good story on AD.
Making Legion/Fury into Britain/France in the 20th Century would be more acurate.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:17   #10
(,')

Quote:
Making Legion/Fury into Britain/France in the 20th Century would be more acurate.
I'm not up to date on Planetarion Blocks
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:20   #11
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
I'm not up to date on Planetarion Blocks
Neither am I. I was talking about history.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:23   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
saddam is a lovely man.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:25   #13
(,')

Quote:
Neither am I. I was talking about history.
One would need some input to compare Legion and Fury with France and England tho..
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:42   #14
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
ahh, shut it. Thx
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 23:03   #15
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
ahh, shut it. Thx
burble
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 00:29   #16
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
this is like the best thread ever
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 09:31   #17
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One would need some input to compare Legion and Fury with France and England tho..
legion and Fury have had a love hate relationship throughout the history of Planetarion.

They have worked together on occassions, and when it suited them, they have been at war with each other.

This is like England and France, they have been allied at times like WWI and also WWII, but they have also been at war in the 1700- 1800's in there quest for world domination.

Getting back to the original point i would find it silly for people to try and make a civil action against a nation.

After all who would you be laying the civil action on, the government or the people of that country????

As the views of the people may not reflect that of the countrys government....
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 19:21   #18
Texan
Prince of Amber

Re: [Trial] People vs. The United States Of America/Allies

Quote:
snip

Saddam was made by the US of A, and now, once they found out he's out of control, they want to silence him, or maybee they want his resources. Without diving into conspiracy theories, there are many reasons both for and against a war.

If UK/USA could stop hiding behind the NATO and UN, take action, and also take the consequences, people would see that this is nothing more than a disgracefull agression. Needed maybee, but still nothing more than warmongering.
Saddam was made by the Ba'ath party, not the United States.

The United States and United Kingdom are just about to stop dealing with NATO and the UN on this issue, and take action on their own.

If the action is needed, then it is neither warmongering nor aggression, but simply the acts of states following their best interests. Those are self defense and the defense of their allies.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 20:24   #19
SOAD

the usa suckz n is full of fat peeps. y cant anywone c this? they all sit abt and watch PHONY RUBBISH like oprah altho i mst admit friends is the best show eva!
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 20:31   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Re: [Trial] People vs. The United States Of America/Allies

Quote:
Saddam was made by the Ba'ath party, not the United States.
I suppose the extensive assitance during the 80's is just incidental to the whole equation, is it?

Quote:
If the action is needed, then it is neither warmongering nor aggression,
That rests on the very shaky defintion of what 'needed' means.

Quote:
but simply the acts of states following their best interests.
And this is good how, exactly?

Quote:
Those are self defense and the defense of their allies.
Most of the allies don't feel they need defending, and how exactly is Saddam a threat to them anyway?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 01:33   #21
Texan
Prince of Amber

Re: Re: Re: [Trial] People vs. The United States Of America/Allies

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I suppose the extensive assitance during the 80's is just incidental to the whole equation, is it?

That rests on the very shaky defintion of what 'needed' means.

And this is good how, exactly?

Most of the allies don't feel they need defending, and how exactly is Saddam a threat to them anyway?
France, Germany and Britain also sold weapons in the 80's. Would you say they made Saddam Hussein? He worked his way up through the Ba'ath party to become leader. That is how he became leader of Iraq. Your country selling him weapns did not do so.

It is shakey. I do not disagree. Was Hitler's rise to power shakey? Everyone wanted to be nice to him until it was too late.

States following their best interests against mad dictators means less people die in the long run. Of course, I don't personally give a **** if 28 million Iraqis die. It is their own fault for not overthrowing their oppressive government. The United States and the French overthrew oppressive governments. If the Iraqis do not want to do the sam, I do not care if they die in droves.

Yesterday Saudi Arabia sent tanks and troops into Kuwait to defend against Iraq. I don't know what to write to convince you. Do you realize that Saddam Hussein wants to conquer all of Arabia?
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 01:37   #22
logamus

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
saddam is a lovely man.
he has one wacky moustache.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 10:40   #23
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Re: Re: Re: Re: [Trial] People vs. The United States Of America/Allies

Quote:
France, Germany and Britain also sold weapons in the 80's. Would you say they made Saddam Hussein? He worked his way up through the Ba'ath party to become leader. That is how he became leader of Iraq. Your country selling him weapns did not do so.
If you think he 'worked' his way up, your mistaken. The political situation in Iraq was edgy, with lots of tribes all fighting for dominance. Someone supported Saddam by giving him weapons to defeat the local tribes, and Iran. Who that someone may be, I let you figure out for yourself.

Quote:
It is shakey. I do not disagree. Was Hitler's rise to power shakey? Everyone wanted to be nice to him until it was too late.
Hitler was also inprisoned by his own people before he reached his peak. All through the time of his reign, there was attempts at asasinate him. My point is, how do you negotiate with a larger power than yourself?

Quote:
States following their best interests against mad dictators means less people die in the long run. Of course, I don't personally give a **** if 28 million Iraqis die. It is their own fault for not overthrowing their oppressive government. The United States and the French overthrew oppressive governments. If the Iraqis do not want to do the sam, I do not care if they die in droves.
No, and the problem is, neither do you care if America kills all of them. You could try the second method; Give the Kurds weapons as you once gave Saddam. Make one to break one.

Quote:
Yesterday Saudi Arabia sent tanks and troops into Kuwait to defend against Iraq. I don't know what to write to convince you. Do you realize that Saddam Hussein wants to conquer all of Arabia?
Name one 'superpower' today who hasn't at some point in history been imperialistic? After all, USA are a product of that same logic.
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:32   #24
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SOAD
the usa suckz n is full of fat peeps. y cant anywone c this? they all sit abt and watch PHONY RUBBISH like oprah altho i mst admit friends is the best show eva!
This is an example of a rather hypocritical statement here....

Calling the U.S rubbish, then praising a product of the U.S, what more can one say.....
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:54   #25
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Terra Australis
This is an example of a rather hypocritical statement here....

Calling the U.S rubbish, then praising a product of the U.S, what more can one say.....
This is not an excample of anything with the exception of a SandSnake deleted gimmick.
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote