User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 12:11   #1
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
You think it's worth the cost?

I was on MSNBC and this article caught my attention.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17473059/

I love how accurately scientists can predict something like an asteroid may hit in 2036 and cause a tsunami that will take out the coast of California, but the govermnent says that's not a good enough reason to fund them trying to track asteroids that may hit earth.

I like the idea of giving them the money, that way if something were going to happen they could try to come up with a way to deal with it (hopefully better than sending Bruce Willis into space with a nuclear bomb). It would look pretty damn stupid if we faced annihalation because when they finally found the one that would do us in it was too late because they didn't have enough advanced warning, and then the government looks like an ass for a week or two until we all blow up.

But then again, does anyone even actually care, or do you guys think that it's a waste of money?