User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:36   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
A brief review of movies I have seen lately

I have rented a few movies lately and seen some in the cinema and I must say movie quality is good atm. I will now review them.

1) Syriana

A must see. It really made me think about a lot of stuff I had not really thought about before. An eyeopener par excellence.
I don´t know if the acting was really impressive but it was clearly a story some people felt the need to tell - and as such scores a good 8 out of 10 for me.

2) Munich

Well, what to say. It is again one of those ´I need to talk about Jews´-flicks from mistar Spielberg. It was too long, yet this is a problem in all his movies - he needs the time to put down the characters, yet the storyline does not really permit it. Too arty-farty, yet good acting and camerawork and therefore a measily 6 out of 10.

3) V for Vendetta

The Wachowskys deliver. Nuff said. A rollercoaster ride like the Matrix, good emphasis on the storyline, and brilliant directing - how else would you react good on an actor wearing a mask for the duration of the movie. Though shallow and fast a good 8 out of 10 for me, pure amusement.

4) Seven Swords

I know many people really are apalled by people seemingly flying around and obvious wire-pulling whilst doing it, but apart from that it it hard to assess acting if it is done in a language you cannot make heads or tails from. It was entertaining and I did not feel ripped off, but I am unsure how to rate this movie. I think I will give it a 7 out of 10.

5) Lord of War

Brilliant. I love movies that give you a look on things you would never see otherwise. Mister Cage again has a part that is written on him and fits him like a glove. The soundtrack is awesome, and the movie message stayed with me for days afterwards, and therefore, even though the directing was nothing special, I must give it a 9 out of 10. Maybe strange that I rated it higher than Syriana, but that is all due to Clooney and what´s-his-face (who also did Bourne Identity).

6) BloodRayne

An appallingly shit movie. You should wash your hands thoroughly if you touched the box alone. I could not take anymore after 20 minutes and had to pass on the rest. A 2 out of 10, and that is only because the large name actors were trying really hard to make it work.

7) Underworld: Evolution

Clearly made with a bigger budget than the prequel, it kind of delivers - nothing lasting however. Good entertainment, and a very good movie for a sequel. Better effects than part one and a few good new characters, and I hope they don´t burn themselves with a third one. A 6 out of 10.

Thank you.