User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Mar 2005, 01:47   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Groundhog Day

I have just been watching Groundhog Day (which i recorded off of ch5) and was thinking to myself "what would i do if i could repeat the same day over and over and over again?" Obviously there would be no consequences to worry about, so i could do anything i wanted. As a result of my pondering, i have come up with the following list of things i'd do

In no particular order
  • Get completly rat arsed
  • do some drugs
  • kill myself in various ways, each way more imaginative than the last (just to see what it would be like)
  • go out and find some random chick to screw
  • go on a killing spree

possibly more to come once i've thought of them. For now though, it's your turn. What would you do if you could re-live the same day over and over again?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 01:55   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Groundhog Day

I'd ban everyone's account and then close every thread and then tell JJ that he could "shove it."

That's awfully daring isn't it?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 02:50   #3
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Re: Groundhog Day

Trying to assassinate world leaders and celebrities might be fun.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 02:54   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Everything.

I suppose I'd start by raping as many hot celebrities as I could to the sound of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 04:05   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd post in this thread.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 04:06   #6
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd post in this thread again.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 04:07   #7
Tomkat

and again
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 04:07   #8
Tomkat

SOMEONE KILL ME
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 05:04   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

lol steal a ferrari from the garage down the road, fly a plane etc etc
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 08:38   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
In no particular order
  • Get completly rat arsed
  • do some drugs
  • go out and find some random chick to screw
You do realise you could try this on any normal day, right?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 09:04   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Take piano lessons.

No seriously.

If you could relive one day, over and over again, keeping the knowledge you collected throughout those days...

What would be greater than using the extra time you are given to expand you horizon?

Everyone is talking about killing people, raping, getting drunk, steal stuff, and while that's all exciting and all, I'm sure, why not use the time to do something usefull? Everyone is complaining that they have so little time to fullfill their dreams, why not use it then, when you have all the time of the world?
I think that's what the movie is trying to tell. Use the time you are given usefully and don't waste it.

Perhaps I'm thinking too simple and boring, but that's what I would do, take piano lessons.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 09:56   #12
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Take piano lessons.

No seriously.

If you could relive one day, over and over again, keeping the knowledge you collected throughout those days...

What would be greater than using the extra time you are given to expand you horizon?

Everyone is talking about killing people, raping, getting drunk, steal stuff, and while that's all exciting and all, I'm sure, why not use the time to do something usefull? Everyone is complaining that they have so little time to fullfill their dreams, why not use it then, when you have all the time of the world?
I think that's what the movie is trying to tell. Use the time you are given usefully and don't waste it.

Perhaps I'm thinking too simple and boring, but that's what I would do, take piano lessons.
if you want to learn somthing new, start! its the hardest step!
go look in the papers for a piano school, book an apointment asap. no point wating for some magical reoccuring day that will never happen
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 10:03   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

There is a catch as far as I see it, you have no control over when your repeating life ends its cycle, what if with all inhibitions removed you go out and commit a serious crime, and that just happens to be the day the cycle gets broken, congratulations you just ****ed up your life.

I think the only safe option is to go for what SI suggested, do something that usually takes a while and use it to improve yourself.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 11:27   #14
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
There is a catch as far as I see it, you have no control over when your repeating life ends its cycle,
That's what would worry me. It's sods law that the day you finally do something stupid the cycle ends.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 11:42   #15
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
That's what would worry me. It's sods law that the day you finally do something stupid the cycle ends.
To extrapolate a bit on the theory. Does that mean the day I finally manage to go 24 hours without doing something utterly dense, I'll have to do it over and nobody else will remember?

Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 12:50   #16
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Everyone is talking about killing people, raping, getting drunk, steal stuff, and while that's all exciting and all, I'm sure, why not use the time to do something usefull?
That's what happened in the film.

He got all drunk and drove (ho ho etc guys) and ended up in prison. Another night he had a one night stand. But he got bored of pissing around, so took up piano lessons, ice sculpturing, and just got to know loads of people in the town
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 16:26   #17
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

Inferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the rough

What if you dont sleep? Will you move onto the next day? Never thought of that eh?
Please dont laugh at me. I'm not trying to be funny.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 17:21   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
What if you dont sleep? Will you move onto the next day? Never thought of that eh?
He tried that in the movie. He just passed out and woke up the same day again.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 17:24   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

If I was to do something constructive it would be to learn to play the guitar.

Although going out and buying a guitar every day would be kind of annoying.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 17:27   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Groundhog Day

Actually I'd set fire to the Reichstag.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 22:09   #21
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Groundhog Day

You could post all the witty comments of all users JUST a second before they were actually posted.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 22:34   #22
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
There is a catch as far as I see it, you have no control over when your repeating life ends its cycle, what if with all inhibitions removed you go out and commit a serious crime, and that just happens to be the day the cycle gets broken, congratulations you just ****ed up your life.

I think the only safe option is to go for what SI suggested, do something that usually takes a while and use it to improve yourself.
wasnt the point of the film that he repeated the same day until he got it 'right' as it were and made the most of that day instead of stealing gophers?
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 22:43   #23
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
wasnt the point of the film that he repeated the same day until he got it 'right' as it were and made the most of that day instead of stealing gophers?
Groundhogs.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 22:47   #24
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

oops
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 22:57   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I'd laugh if Demon Dave posted this exact same thread tommorow.

Actually, I wouldn't.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 23:05   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Actually I'd set fire to the Reichstag.

Are we reliving a day over and over again from now, or in 1945?
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 23:09   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I never made it past 1959.
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 23:12   #28
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd blow up the houses of parliment with gunpowder, I'd be bound to get it right once.