User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 7 May 2007, 12:31   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!
 
Chika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: JAPAN
Posts: 1,812
Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
The only reason WP came back

Well, some people have agreed and some people have disagreed, but all in all it makes sense.
WP is a wank alliance with wank HC who never won anything. Maybe only that nintin guy has a brain, and thats because he was once a part of the kings merry men.

What I want to say is that WP sucks, and they have never won a round. They came back this round because they looked at the playerbase and saw that it was crap, so they sat in a room and figured that they could finally win a round.
If they win, I would like to organize an alliance HC gathering so they all can simultaneously slap themselves in the face, because pre-round, a group of losers figured they could finally get a win with you around.
That is all.
__________________
Ascendancy
When Doves Cry
Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 12:55   #2
Buly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 386
Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough
Re: The only reason WP came back

Your arrogant and cocky comments have always been funny on the AD. Some people just think they're so damn good.

On a side note, CT are the ones I'm actually laughing at from a spectators view. They just don't seem to be doing anything once again. I guess my comments about them last round were right.
__________________
Adapt has never been an official ND HC. He was on his way to promotion for some reason, but then got denied promotion. Lol at the muppet claiming he has been
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 12:57   #3
Rinoa
Reject False Icons
 
Rinoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Your Hotel.... Fee:$999
Posts: 896
Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Tbh who cares they added another 70 planets to game which is like 5% of playing players. Any alliance who decides to return and play, regardless of ability must be commended simply for adding more players to the game.
__________________
The Illuminati- NoS
[]LCH[]- dc
-=Destiny=-
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 13:00   #4
Almeida
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austria, Vienna
Posts: 326
Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

i got no idea why they came back and i don't care. i am glad that they came back coz: the round is piss boring, but it would be even less entertaining if WP wouldn't be on the playing field

i don't know any of the other HCs but NitinA is a great HC/DC/player/person.
__________________
eXilition
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 13:33   #5
Bane
Shadows and Dust
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Black Bastion
Posts: 329
Bane is on a distinguished road
Re: The only reason WP came back

Doubt it would have mattered anyway, they would have just been with other alliances to do squat all either.
__________________
Nick: Swing

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 13:33   #6
Stoom
Bragpack™
 
Stoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 804
Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Tbh who cares they added another 70 planets to game which is like 5% of playing players. Any alliance who decides to return and play, regardless of ability must be commended simply for adding more players to the game.
70 MORE players? Bullshit. And besides that, how's Ct any better with Vision on their side?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 15:46   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!
 
Kargool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kenilworth Road
Posts: 3,008
Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Tbh who cares they added another 70 planets to game which is like 5% of playing players. Any alliance who decides to return and play, regardless of ability must be commended simply for adding more players to the game.
Erm. i would say that they added about 10-15 players. The others they took from other allies.
__________________
Planetarion veteran
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 15:49   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son
 
Tietäjä's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,990
Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Tbh who cares they added another 70 planets to game which is like 5% of playing players. Any alliance who decides to return and play, regardless of ability must be commended simply for adding more players to the game.
Does this 70 include the ones recruited from Omen, Destiny, and other ("less significant" and/or still continuing) alliances?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 18:27   #9
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca
 
Gio2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 912
Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

Let's face it, according to some "elite" players standards, if we were going to judge quality of alliances in the last 10 rounds, we are left with 2 good alliances and the rest are "wank", the degree of "wankiness" varying.

PS: Afaik Chika got kicked out of one of the good ones, didn't he?
__________________
"I throw myself into the sea, release the wave, let it wash over me ..."
MadCowS - Angels - eXilition - Destiny - Wolfpack - Jenova - p3nguins
Gio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 18:57   #10
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.
 
bwtmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 867
bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

So, WP decided to play because they thought they could challenge for the round.

Breathtaking stuff Chika. Don't let the excitement stop there, tell us something else we don't know.
__________________
[1up], Ascendancy Events Organiser & eXilition HC
bwtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 23:48   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!
 
Hicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,296
Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
So, WP decided to play because they thought they could challenge for the round.
This would make me wonder why they played any of the rounds after Round 4 though
__________________
Hicks
Mercury & Solace
Always [Fury]
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 10:10   #12
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!
 
Chika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: JAPAN
Posts: 1,812
Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
So, WP decided to play because they thought they could challenge for the round.

No. Challenge for the round and, "We can finally win guys" are 2 different things.

If you can't understand this, blame your 3rd grade teacher.
__________________
Ascendancy
When Doves Cry
Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 11:44   #13
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.
 
bwtmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 867
bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

As far as I care, so long as the word 'can' is in there, it is the exact same thing. It's like comparing 'I think we're really, really going to win if we play this time' with 'I think we're really, really, really going to win if we play this time.'

You seem pretty troubled about this imaginery pre-round meeting WP had. So what? What good are you going to do, ripping it out of a small group of people having a go at winning? Surely that's exactly what you want as a player - an ounce of competition?
__________________
[1up], Ascendancy Events Organiser & eXilition HC
bwtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 16:09   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,719
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: The only reason WP came back

Are you trying to discredit packwolves for winning something they yet have to win, or am i missing this super inteligent point here?
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 16:26   #15
Virall
The Scareh Clown
 
Virall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 275
Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
No. Challenge for the round and, "We can finally win guys" are 2 different things.

If you can't understand this, blame your 3rd grade teacher.

lol.

Its EXACTLY the same.

Retard.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 17:25   #16
Kenny
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The only reason WP came back

The only thing that would make Chika's argument make any kind of sense...... whatsoever..... is the implication that WP are being condescending in some way by only playing on the presumtion that the rest of the community sucks. Being part of 'the rest of the community', Chika is therefore offended by this.

Chika, there's a simple answer to this condescending insult of horrific proportions: Stop sucking.

Meanwhile no, even if that is the case, they are still playing, they are still winning, they are still making the effort - here and now - so let's face it, you don't really have a point, do you?

"No challenge for the round" and "We can finally win guys" are exactly the same thing. They both imply a belief/will to try and win a round, they both imply that they don't believe anyone else has the ability to mount a serious challenge... so in exactly what way do you feel the two sentences differ?

On another note, thank you for playing WP. Obviously I'd prefer if CT was winning, but I'm glad that it isn't being handed to us on a plate. Keep it up guys
  Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 18:43   #17
_Kila_
break it down!
 
_Kila_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,087
_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
I'm glad that it isn't being handed to us on a plate.
i dunno man your play doesn't reflect this.
__________________
I put the sex in dyslexia!
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 18:46   #18
Kenny
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
i dunno man your play doesn't reflect this.
what have I done?

  Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 19:37   #19
Illuvatar
Almost married
 
Illuvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 427
Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
The only reason WP came back...
was to drag NitinA into dcing again
__________________

Keep smiling while playing
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 20:01   #20
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master
 
Willzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 425
Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Well, some people have agreed and some people have disagreed, but all in all it makes sense.
WP is a wank alliance with wank HC who never won anything. Maybe only that nintin guy has a brain, and thats because he was once a part of the kings merry men.

What I want to say is that WP sucks, and they have never won a round. They came back this round because they looked at the playerbase and saw that it was crap, so they sat in a room and figured that they could finally win a round.
If they win, I would like to organize an alliance HC gathering so they all can simultaneously slap themselves in the face, because pre-round, a group of losers figured they could finally get a win with you around.
That is all.

What? And im confused here. You claim this rounds memberbase are shit. But what im confused about is people claim the last 2 alliances to be classed as 'skilful' were exi and 1up. And currently most former 1ups are surely in CT as well as some of the old 1up command/officer team. And there is a lot of exi guys in Angels. So surely one of those could give pack enough of a challenge?

Pack have returned due to the fact last round was, to put it bluntly, boring as watching paint dry. Although of course the only problem with PA these days is the fact we are so short on players, we need to loose an exsistning alliance for another to play. (for example this round we gain Pack and Angels, but we loose from last round omen and destiny) So really nothing exciting ever comes from alliances either been created or been re-introduced into the game.

And tbh you cant blame Pack for currently being first. Blame the people under them for allowing it.
__________________

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 20:58   #21
qebab
The Original Carebear
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 1,048
qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
What? And im confused here. You claim this rounds memberbase are shit. But what im confused about is people claim the last 2 alliances to be classed as 'skilful' were exi and 1up. And currently most former 1ups are surely in CT as well as some of the old 1up command/officer team. And there is a lot of exi guys in Angels. So surely one of those could give pack enough of a challenge?
Most former 1up members don't play anymore, to my knowledge. Most good commanders of 1up don't play anymore. The eXilition players who play in Angels aren't controlled in the same manner they were in eXilition.

CT is very different from 1up and Angels is very different from eXilition. Do you disagree with this in any way, shape or form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz"
Pack have returned due to the fact last round was, to put it bluntly, boring as watching paint dry.
And they seem to have done really nicely to fix that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Although of course the only problem with PA these days is the fact we are so short on players, we need to loose an exsistning alliance for another to play. (for example this round we gain Pack and Angels, but we loose from last round omen and destiny) So really nothing exciting ever comes from alliances either been created or been re-introduced into the game.
That's not the only problem - far from it. It is one of many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
And tbh you cant blame Pack for currently being first. Blame the people under them for allowing it.
That's what he did. He blamed the rest of the community for being outright shit at PA. Or did I read that post wrong, chika?
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:03   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,719
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: The only reason WP came back

HCs of Exi and 1up had the ability to give their members the will to give the little extra.
I dont say HCs this round dosnt have that ability, but for my part, playing under sid,mazelaar,angryduck and others gave me the will to try peform a little better, how ever i never did hrhr.
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:19   #23
Wandows
[Vision]
 
Wandows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 897
Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
That's what he did. He blamed the rest of the community for being outright shit at PA. Or did I read that post wrong, chika?
I'm not sure if this is actually true, sure most of the "leet" players have quit by now, but I think quite alot of existing players do know how to play PA, but very few (if any) can actually be bothered at this point to give what is/would be needed to spice things up a bit. It could either be caused by the boring game, or the fact that there isn't much hatred left in the universe.

Due to alliances constantly changing in terms of memberbase/command staff (and compared to earlier rounds those changes are alot bigger) there isn't a big love/hate relationship anymore. In earlier rounds there was simply a block vs block, sides were clear, players could pick a side (for many consecutive rounds) and spent their time trying to kill their hated enemy. These days there aren't really any sides left to pick, hence for quite a few players no reason to give that little bit extra effort. And with the fixed limits and XP and simple stats, all you really have to do is get the best roiders in your tag and sit the round out.
__________________
[Vision] in a lost dream, contributing to The 5th Element at present
Wandows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:45   #24
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.
 
bwtmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 867
bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

I imagine most of the alliances at the top are content to have a chance of winning late on in the round. I don't think many have the energy to start wars any more. Odd in a way, it was probably never so easy. I think most players in high up positions always expect the worst when they think about going to war. NitinA's a good example, I have no doubts if he envisaged a fight with CT he'd think of it as a two week long marathon. Not surprising really, he's been unwillingly dragged through too many wars. Of course, someone else would look at that and say 'I would make sure it was three days.'

Wandows: A lot of players like to (quit or) play for themselves or their galaxies when they don't feel they have a meaningful alliance membership. These players aren't interested in the politics of their (presumably new) alliances. When command staff / members are moving around all the time, alliances end up feeling very diluted and they begin to look very unimportant.
__________________
[1up], Ascendancy Events Organiser & eXilition HC
bwtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:51   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,494
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: The only reason WP came back

I would post the serious thread cat, if I hadn't done so a short while ago already. For now I'll contend myself by stating that qebab's impressions seems correct, plus that you are all being trolled beyond belief.
That is all.
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 22:21   #26
Veedeejem!
Hibernating
 
Veedeejem!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Team Kesha
Posts: 1,619
Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
HCs of Exi and 1up had the ability to give their members the will to give the little extra.
I dont say HCs this round dosnt have that ability, but for my part, playing under sid,mazelaar,angryduck and others gave me the will to try peform a little better, how ever i never did hrhr.
You are completly right there, though i never played under sid, mazzelaar, ad, but i played a round under kaifux, nitina, bwtmc, ... and they really made me perform better. In other alliances i could slack around a little bit, but under them that wasn't possible.
They also turned me into a better player.
__________________
[InSomnia]
Official designated driver

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 07:34   #27
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!
 
Chika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: JAPAN
Posts: 1,812
Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
As far as I care, so long as the word 'can' is in there, it is the exact same thing. It's like comparing 'I think we're really, really going to win if we play this time' with 'I think we're really, really, really going to win if we play this time.'

You seem pretty troubled about this imaginery pre-round meeting WP had. So what? What good are you going to do, ripping it out of a small group of people having a go at winning? Surely that's exactly what you want as a player - an ounce of competition?
I will help you in your long fought journey to find your 3rd grade teacher.

No. The example comparison you brought up is very far off from the point. Hopefully you are just playing stupid. One more and I will need to match a face to this text.

I have an example. Bwtmd or whatever, Jer, Benneh, kila, and Myself all play poker every Friday night. Benneh and jer keep kicking everyone's ass all the time. I quit and stop showing up because I am losing to much money. Benneh takes his earnings and moves to vegas, and jer blows his on porn rentals(man). I show up the Friday after they left.

I have returned only because I know that I can kick bwth and kila's asses.

If Jer and Benneh were still there. I wouldn't play.*


*If you don't get this one, your next post please paste a link to a picture of yourself.


That is all.
__________________
Ascendancy
When Doves Cry
Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 07:48   #28
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!
 
Chika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: JAPAN
Posts: 1,812
Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab

That's what he did. He blamed the rest of the community for being outright shit at PA. Or did I read that post wrong, chika?
I like you qebab. Mainly because it seems that you at least "thought" before you spoke, which is what most mommies teach us. Its not WP's fault that everyone either sucks or doesn't care. Its the community. I mainly posted this thread because 1. WP are pretty lame, and I do honestly and wholeheartedly believe that they came back because they thought they could finally get in a win. No matter what they say.

2. I would hate for this fact to go silent without being verbally addressed.

Hey, some of the community boob jobs don't agree with what I posted, but some little guy in the corner right now is saying "Yeah, that guy is right, WP are pussies."

To be frank, WP winning is a slap in the face to people who take this game in any way serious. Mainly due to the fact that under any other circumstance, they could not win. As they proved themselves. They resorted to a history of NAPS, and gal raids, and when they retired the alliance(not quit they did have a broad history) they retired because they could not win, and their best rounds were behind them.
__________________
Ascendancy
When Doves Cry
Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:10   #29
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.
 
bwtmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 867
bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

Chika, you're so caught up in your own thoughts.

What I didn't understand was 'the only reason WP came back' logic (which is bollocks).
Why should any alliance want to come back? Why did eXilition come back in round 18? Because it thought there wasn't much competition? No. It really doesn't matter why they wanted to come back, it has nothing to do with your real (shit) point.

Namely, that we should care if WP (especially) win a round. WP winning would not be a sign that the game's gone to the dogs. It's all a delicate balance. I'm not saying WP have always made the best strategic decisions in the past, but it doesn't mean that they couldn't (and wouldn't have deserved to) have won.

It's worth emphasizing that WP in membership and character are different now to what they were several rounds ago. They're also placed in a different alliance situation. Judging them by what they did one or two years ago is a fool's game.

Not to mention the fact that WP have been winning midround before, and rounds are rarely decided on the (not such a high number)nth week, so why this is an issue now (unless you seriously think alliances are going to proactively go for WP on account of this logic, haha) I don't know.

Stop talking nonsense.
__________________
[1up], Ascendancy Events Organiser & eXilition HC
bwtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:23   #30
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!
 
Chika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: JAPAN
Posts: 1,812
Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Chika, you're so caught up in your own thoughts.

What I didn't understand was 'the only reason WP came back' logic (which is bollocks).
Why should any alliance want to come back? Why did eXilition come back in round 18? Because it thought there wasn't much competition? No. It really doesn't matter why they wanted to come back, it has nothing to do with your real (shit) point.

Namely, that we should care if WP (especially) win a round. WP winning would not be a sign that the game's gone to the dogs. It's all a delicate balance. I'm not saying WP have always made the best strategic decisions in the past, but it doesn't mean that they couldn't (and wouldn't have deserved to) have won.

It's worth emphasizing that WP in membership and character are different now to what they were several rounds ago. They're also placed in a different alliance situation. Judging them by what they did one or two years ago is a fool's game.

Not to mention the fact that WP have been winning midround before, and rounds are rarely decided on the (not such a high number)nth week, so why this is an issue now (unless you seriously think alliances are going to proactively go for WP on account of this logic, haha) I don't know.

Stop talking nonsense.
With some of your post I agree, ironically, a few things you should apply to yourself, when it comes to being receptive to my initial meaning. Like:" you're so caught up in your own thoughts." Are you seriously portraying that you don't think there is a difference to playing for the win, and we can finally win? There is. Now, maybe if one of your bum buddies said it, you would agree. Look past the poster and use that god given brain of yours.
No, I am not in WP's head. I know only a few things. They suck. They always have sucked, and they always will suck. They retired their sucky alliance, and now, with a weakened player-base, and a handful of lackluster has-beens dancing the night away in ascendancy, they come back suddenly. BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY CAN WIN. Now add "finally" right between "can" and "win" and you should see my point.
The card game analogy was pretty straight forward though. I guess "cognitive" is the word of the day because you really need to exercise your excellent cognitive capacity that your mommy nursed and molded for about 18 years(Unless you are younger than 18, or still being nursed by mommy).*




*These little things don't help my point, nor do they help readers understand. They are there solely to give me the advantage with an idiotic reply.
__________________
Ascendancy
When Doves Cry
Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:37   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned
 
JonnyBGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Further to the right
Posts: 19,441
JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc

Not to mention the fact that WP have been winning midround before, and rounds are rarely decided on the (not such a high number)nth week
Actually there are only 3 weeks to go.

Short rounds suck

Obviously I'd say a large part of the reason wolfpack came back is because they thought they could win a round. If they do it does indicate a general decline in the quality of the playerbase but we pretty much knew that anyways.
__________________
Some might ask what good is life without purpose but I'm anticipating a good lunch.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:42   #32
Kargool
Up The Hatters!
 
Kargool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kenilworth Road
Posts: 3,008
Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Actually there are only 3 weeks to go.

Short rounds suck

Obviously I'd say a large part of the reason wolfpack came back is because they thought they could win a round. If they do it does indicate a general decline in the quality of the playerbase but we pretty much knew that anyways.
What steps are you doing in terms of bringing down WolfPack JBG?
__________________
Planetarion veteran
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:43   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned
 
JonnyBGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Further to the right
Posts: 19,441
JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
What steps are you doing in terms of bringing down WolfPack JBG?
Circle-jerking. Yourself?
__________________
Some might ask what good is life without purpose but I'm anticipating a good lunch.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:47   #34
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!
 
Chika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: JAPAN
Posts: 1,812
Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

I think from an ascendancy point of view: This is your game.
__________________
Ascendancy
When Doves Cry
Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 16:18   #35
hook
I'm who you want me to be
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In a flat place, enjoying RL
Posts: 418
hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I think from an ascendancy point of view: This is your game.
Whereas WP hasn't won a round or anything, you are truely being too harsh saying they're shit. There have always been some good players there and a handfull of good BC'S/DC's as well.

Other than that - amongst some others I myself asked some of the current HC two rounds back why they didn't reform the alliance. The reasoning given back then was that it was too short before the start of the new round (we suggested it near the ned of the round) to rally the hordes and not all HC were up for it yet. Just to indicate you there were signals earlier. WP didn't sit in the dark, jerking off to potentially winning a round for ages and decided to up the tempo when this round started so they could finally get an orgasm.

As always, believe what you want to believe though...
__________________
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count... it's the life in those years
hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 16:29   #36
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!
 
Chika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: JAPAN
Posts: 1,812
Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
Whereas WP hasn't won a round or anything, you are truely being too harsh saying they're shit. There have always been some good players there and a handfull of good BC'S/DC's as well.

Other than that - amongst some others I myself asked some of the current HC two rounds back why they didn't reform the alliance. The reasoning given back then was that it was too short before the start of the new round (we suggested it near the ned of the round) to rally the hordes and not all HC were up for it yet. Just to indicate you there were signals earlier. WP didn't sit in the dark, jerking off to potentially winning a round for ages and decided to up the tempo when this round started so they could finally get an orgasm.

As always, believe what you want to believe though...
Hook, I do agree, saying they are shit may be a tad harsh, but at the least, they have been cowardly, and have maintained this brand throughout their past life, and their current life. The fact that the idea was brought up a few rounds back does hold some water, but ironically, most of the players they have now were playing back then also, probably more active than now. So what was up? Ascendancy won last round without really even trying(CT thinks they won) It was lackluster all round. Noone did anything special. No wars no nothing. NOW all of a sudden WP wants to come back with the ultra HC team and a few oldies that are skilled enough to soak defence and cap roids. Hook, you said it yourself, not all of the HC were up for it. They were deterred by the fact that they had failed before, why waste time reforming to fail again?
Oh wait, the community is as relaxed as ever, I am sorry, but by now everyone knows that over 80% of everybody who is anybody is logged in to #ascendancy all round doing !quote commands and barely aware of whats going on.
They basically felt that now they could finally win, thus giving a curt slap to the face to anyone who plays this game on an organized level tbh.
__________________
Ascendancy
When Doves Cry
Chika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:03   #37
voodoo
a pain
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: .ro
Posts: 260
voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

yes you are one of those clowns.you are being an embarASSment even for ascendancy, even with their high tolerance for ass-like ppl.
__________________
needles and pins
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:10   #38
Rinoa
Reject False Icons
 
Rinoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Your Hotel.... Fee:$999
Posts: 896
Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Hook, I do agree, saying they are shit may be a tad harsh, but at the least, they have been cowardly, and have maintained this brand throughout their past life, and their current life. The fact that the idea was brought up a few rounds back does hold some water, but ironically, most of the players they have now were playing back then also, probably more active than now. So what was up? Ascendancy won last round without really even trying(CT thinks they won) It was lackluster all round. Noone did anything special. No wars no nothing. NOW all of a sudden WP wants to come back with the ultra HC team and a few oldies that are skilled enough to soak defence and cap roids. Hook, you said it yourself, not all of the HC were up for it. They were deterred by the fact that they had failed before, why waste time reforming to fail again?
Oh wait, the community is as relaxed as ever, I am sorry, but by now everyone knows that over 80% of everybody who is anybody is logged in to #ascendancy all round doing !quote commands and barely aware of whats going on.
They basically felt that now they could finally win, thus giving a curt slap to the face to anyone who plays this game on an organized level tbh.

You obviously havent heard of the Wolfpack vs Angels + VGN war going on for the best part of this week then
__________________
The Illuminati- NoS
[]LCH[]- dc
-=Destiny=-
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:12   #39
Kargool
Up The Hatters!
 
Kargool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kenilworth Road
Posts: 3,008
Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
You obviously havent heard of the Wolfpack vs Angels + VGN war going on for the best part of this week then
Funny, by the looks of it WP and VGN are mostly doing galaxy attacks. We tend to get 6-8 incs from both each day.
__________________
Planetarion veteran
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:40   #40
jerome
.
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,382
jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The only reason WP came back

their 'war' is gal attacks though
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:44   #41
Kargool
Up The Hatters!
 
Kargool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kenilworth Road
Posts: 3,008
Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
their 'war' is gal attacks though
Join the army, attack everybody else but the ones you are warring with :-/
__________________
Planetarion veteran
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:46   #42
jerome
.
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,382
jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The only reason WP came back

if it makes you feel any better, they coordinate with a minimum of 3 other alliances to avoid double booking too though!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:54   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!
 
Kargool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kenilworth Road
Posts: 3,008
Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

That sounds a tad bit unlikely..
__________________
Planetarion veteran
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:56   #44
jerome
.
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,382
jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The only reason WP came back

unlikely, but true
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:18   #45
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca
 
Gio2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 912
Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

I hit 2 hostile planets 2 days ago, both were the only targets in their respective gals. Obviously, I never landed bc there were like 4 ingal def fleets per target. Yesterday i made sure i took targets from gals which had at least 2 - 3 hostile planets. Going to war one on one is impractical, so we have to resort to 'gal raids' with as much hostiles as possible.
__________________
"I throw myself into the sea, release the wave, let it wash over me ..."
MadCowS - Angels - eXilition - Destiny - Wolfpack - Jenova - p3nguins
Gio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:47   #46
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master
 
Willzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 425
Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Most former 1up members don't play anymore, to my knowledge. Most good commanders of 1up don't play anymore. The eXilition players who play in Angels aren't controlled in the same manner they were in eXilition.

CT is very different from 1up and Angels is very different from eXilition. Do you disagree with this in any way, shape or form?



And they seem to have done really nicely to fix that, right?



That's not the only problem - far from it. It is one of many.



That's what he did. He blamed the rest of the community for being outright shit at PA. Or did I read that post wrong, chika?

Point 1) Mazz was an origonal HC of 1up was he not? And further down the line Duck was also a HC of 1up. They are now HCs of CT unless i am mistaken? Also a lot of members that were in 1up are playing for CT.

Point 2) From what i hear Angels is split into 2. Angels core, and the exi BG. meaning the Exi BG run on their own virtually. And as Mac is their HC and was HC in exi, surely it is been ran closer to the way exi was ran then by how the alliance Angels is been ran?

Point 3) Of course Angels and CT are different to exi and 1up. I never claimed in any shape or form they were the same. I stated they are full of ex members of those 2 alliances, meaning they have the skill and firepower to actually take it to pack.

Point 4) This round is turning into the same as last round. isnt exciting at all.

point 5) I am aware it isnt the only problem within PA. I am pointing out problems due to alliances which is what this topic was based on in the first place? Not going to start going into a list about PA problems where the thread has no relevence.
__________________

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 19:41   #47
_Kila_
break it down!
 
_Kila_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,087
_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Point 1) Mazz was an origonal HC of 1up was he not? And further down the line Duck was also a HC of 1up. They are now HCs of CT unless i am mistaken? Also a lot of members that were in 1up are playing for CT.
CT are missing Sid, the 1up Kingpin.
Also, the 1up of late (R16-18) was completely different to the R13-15 1up that were around when I first started playing, and according to jer, the R13-15 1up was completely different to the "elite" 1up of rounds 11 & 12.
So CT is nothing like the 1up that had such a good reputation.
Same as the eXi BG being nothing like the eXi of rounds 13 and 15.
__________________
I put the sex in dyslexia!
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 20:35   #48
jerome
.
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,382
jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The only reason WP came back

1up only had a good reputation for rounds 11/12, ever since their reputation has been based on being better than the rest bar exilition. as harsh as it sounds, it's true. of course 1up were clearly part of the exilition/1up tier, i'd rate exilition ahead of them for obvious reasons.

CT run on several levels, in the same manner as 1up actually. similar tools, similar officer set up, similar schemes, similar everything - bar sid, apparently. i'd say ct is a continuation of 1up but it is not a continuation of fury/eclipse like 1up was. (that would be the r11/12 1up)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 20:58   #49
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug
 
aNgRyDuCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central Illinois USA
Posts: 894
aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The only reason WP came back

I'll never claim that CT is on the same level as 1up/Exilition, until CT has won an equal amount of rounds, and accomplished what those two alliances have accomplished. As stated above, we have based our command structure in a similar set up to what 1up used, however we also have made modifications allowing Officers to run the day to day operation of the alliance moreso than 1up, or CT in round 20 for that matter. We do in fact have a decent number of ex 1up players, however, we ALSO have a good amount of the LCH core, among players from numerous other alliances, in cluding Angels, WP, Exi, Subh, TGV, F Crew, ND to name a few. CT is CT and we have our own PA chapter to write. Ofcourse the win in round 20 gave us a nice start to that chapter, but we don't claim anything other than, we are a tight group of ppl who hit it hard night after night. You may agree or disagree with our politics, but it is what it is. I think we played the political field intelligently in round 20. Are we a powerhouse alliance? no, atleast not yet, we've only played 1 round, when we've played a number of rounds, base our reputation on our accomplishments, but it's pointless to compare us to any other alliance, as it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison.
__________________
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you......
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 21:26   #50
ReligFree
Registered User
 
ReligFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 601
ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
Re: The only reason WP came back

And i'm in CT, so clearly were pretty good.
__________________
[DLR] [Conspiracy Theory] [1up] [Faceless] [Elysium] [LCH] [NewDawn] [Apprime]
ReligFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2018