User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 May 2008, 17:30   #1
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve
Purchasing Asteroids

Does anyone else think the 'purchasing' roids is too easy? If you want more roids you just buy them??? when I returned in R19 I was shocked and horrified to see that the old scanning for roids system was longer here What was wrong with that and why did the PA team deem it acceptable to remove it? If nothing else the scanning system was more realistic (I use this term very loosly as I realise we are playing a space game with spaceships flying about everywhere, some with cloaking capabilities) than just purchasing asteroids.

Well, thats my 2 cents, and I dont even know why Im bothering as PA team never seem to post replies to any suggestion posted in here...Come on guys!!!

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 18:12   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Purchasing Asteroids

The old scanning system was needlessly complicated.

Realism is overrated.

KISS.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 18:17   #3
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatrick
Does anyone else think the 'purchasing' roids is too easy? If you want more roids you just buy them??? when I returned in R19 I was shocked and horrified to see that the old scanning for roids system was longer here What was wrong with that and why did the PA team deem it acceptable to remove it? If nothing else the scanning system was more realistic (I use this term very loosly as I realise we are playing a space game with spaceships flying about everywhere, some with cloaking capabilities) than just purchasing asteroids.

Well, thats my 2 cents, and I dont even know why Im bothering as PA team never seem to post replies to any suggestion posted in here...Come on guys!!!
IMO the new system is better, with scanning for roids some have been lucky and others unlucky, which wasnt fair (cause even on same roidcount /amps u never got the same results using 5 roidscans.)

And it also offers more to do for those first 8-12 ticks where u had to research ur wavescans.PPL had to build waveamps, while nowadays there is more stuff to construct.

I never saw a sense in scanning for those roids, if at all, then i think a shipclass to transport those roids from somehwere in ur galaxy close to ur homeplanet and placing em around ur orbit would be needed. (though i could imagine that the blocked sunlight of all those 2k asteroids cruising around in ur orbit, would have negative effects on ur population . Donīt we all need sunlight to live? )

my 2 cents
(i was mostly on the unlucky side in scanning for those roids )

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 18:20   #4
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

It needs to be cheap to gain asteroids through initiation, otherwise things would get rather boring when higher ranking players don't have any decent targets because no new asteroids are coming into the universe. If there were plenty of new planets during the round to bring in asteroid growth then I'd agree, but with things the way they are - cheap initiation is a positive point.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 18:35   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Initiation is pointless past a few hundred due to the way costing works.

The old scanning/initiating system relied on more randomness and was far more complex... and it achieved almost exactly the same thing. I can't see any good reason to reintroduce the system.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 18:58   #6
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

Aye, maybe so....Is it at all obvious I want PA put back to how it was in the glory days? :P

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 19:09   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The glory was in having tens of thousands of players, not the game itself.
Unread 30 May 2008, 19:57   #8
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I dont like u need to be online each tick to buy more roids... then again you dont have to wait a specific tick to be online. I prefer the new system over the old one... just I am not sure I support the need to be online whole start of the round... what if the date is bad for you?
Unread 30 May 2008, 22:02   #9
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

ur not required to buy them at specific times... or would you like a prelaunch feature for buying roids too?

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 22:45   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If, during protection, you can't be here every 2 ticks to init roids, and you think protection is what causes you to fail to end in the top500, then I've got a bit of a nasty surprise for you. Protection is overrated. You suck.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 30 May 2008, 23:03   #11
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I think its easier to start from top... I am not saying I couldnt catch up.
and the point of not needing to be here at specific time was a positive sign...
Unread 30 May 2008, 23:49   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Both the new and the old system "require" you to be online every 2 ticks to init if you want to start the round in the bestest best possible position, thus the argument you're presenting is invalid.

In all fairness, I'm not even sure what your position is on the matter. Are you in favour of the suggestion put forth in the first post or not?

[edit]Grammar.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 2 Jun 2008 at 08:19.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 08:09   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the new way. The old way was waaay too random and always ****ed me up big time
I've never been one that got a lucky break through randomness...

Atleast the new way is equal for every1 + easy to use.
Don't see any reason why it should be changed.

Edit:
I also agree with mz that protection time is highly overrated.
I've never bother to be highly active during protection and initiating all the roids I can, yet somehow when I launch my first attacks after protection I always end up being top100 (atleast for the first week or so)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 08:55   #14
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
amen to that

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 09:27   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatrick
Does anyone else think the 'purchasing' roids is too easy? If you want more roids you just buy them???
This is still the same as 'back in the day'. In the past, you needed to use amps and asteroid scans to get uninitiated asteroids. You would then init those on your mining page based on a formula that made it more expensive to init the more roids you had.

Currently, the only thing that is different tis that you do not need to scan for them anymore. Plus, in the past it made no difference whether you inited a M, C or E roid - the cost increased with the total. Now, if you init an M roid, the cost to init a C or E roid doesnt change untill you get more C and E roids. This is a good thing, and promotes more roids in the universe, plus more E roids (in particular) in the universe.

Remember when the universe came to a crashing halt because the bigger players didnt have enough fuel to launch their ships anymore? That's a bad thing.

The new system is vastly superior to the old one. Perhaps the only thing that is missing is the debate on Strategy as to what ratio of amps:roid scans was the best (though Tactitus worked that out fairly early on).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 10:58   #16
lenore
Coder/Fixer/Lover/Winnah

lenore has a spectacular aura aboutlenore has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
agreed
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 13:37   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I miss the thrill of getting up, not only to buy roids, but to find out how many I d find when I scanned.

New system might be fairer, but god, its more boring.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 14:16   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The thrill of getting up and finding out if the random number generator gives you a 15 or a 14. The excitement is killing me, please stop.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 14:48   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

stfu mz, it was alot more fun during prot. before they changed it to "purchase roids".
And, it could vary alot more than 1 out of 15.

Even if ur too inet cool to admit getting up every other tick to scan for roids and innit, and then have fun laughing at ur m8s who get 0/5, or cry urself when u didnt get as many as u should, is more fun than just getting up to buy roids, - I m not. ( long sentence )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote