User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Dec 2009, 13:40   #1
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light
Changes for next round

Revised Suggestion
- BP at 2-3 ppl, 1 BP per gal
- Randoms fill up the gals
(this is the same as now, just that the BP size is lower)
- 0-2 late joins (personally i think we can try without that for a round)
- Self exiling gets changed to 1 exile per every 24 ticks
- Exiling tries to exclude inactive gals, possibly limiting the chance of ending up in highly inactive gals (we need some kind of formula)
- Alliance limit at 50-60 with all counting (we need to decide the exact value)

thats what they are probably going with for next round, ok seriously. This wont help the game at all, it will only kill it more. Already many people telling they will skip the round with such changes, so why not pateam ask community what do we want ? and not fallow some retards who is idling in #alliances and comming up with such ideas?
izverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 13:53   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Changes for next round

What's so bad about it.
The lower tag size?
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 13:56   #3
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light

like everything? 2-3man bp's didnt we have it before and we changed it because noone liked it? then 1 exile per 24hrs, how many noobs will quit this game after their gal is failing apart and they will try to get new galaxy and end up in even worse?
personally i think they should have a look how many players they are getting with late-singups before disbanding it.
atleast if they are going with 3man bp's, make 2bp's per gal not 1 but i dont see them doing this because all they are trying to do is to avoid fortress gals, because in their eyes fort gals is ruining the game.... :crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver:
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 13:59   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's retarded that they think fortress gals ruin the game - hopefully one round without it will make them see that it ain't a problem.

I have to agree on the exile change, I'm not sure 1 exile per 24 hours is the way to go - but I can't say I have a better suggestion to provide.
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 14:02   #5
izverg
Banned

we can have like in ********? you can have 3 free exiles, and then you can have 1exile per 24hrs paid?
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 14:03   #6
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

These are obvious changes to limit fortress gals. Wich are not my style of play, but people should have the freedom to set them up if they want to. i would keep 5 man bp tho, or you'll find that there will be alot of shit gals out there.

getting rid of the late signups is a good idea, i never liked the fact that people would delete their account at tick 300 just to end up in fortress gal, not contributing much to their former gal the first 300 ticks. ( and some can be real ****s about it to)

Well if you limit the exiling to 1 time every 24 ticks, i'd like to see it become cheaper i guess. Cause i don't know how yur going to exclude shit gals, well if you can find a way to code it fine with me.
guess people will have to settle for half decent gals a bit sooner then, or take the risk to end up in a shit gal

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 14:04   #7
isildurx

Well, something different atleast, as 1 per 24 hours ain't good. The rest of those proposed changes I can live with(in my opinion if the gal is 3 or 5 man BP doesn't change very much).
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 14:05   #8
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

- like 2 bp's per gal would be better. as 3 man bp's won't stop gals from being fortress with the 2 late signups and couple of randoms.
- 1 exile per 24/h ..i mean why would we want that.. what does it add to the game. i would really like an explanation. it will only make pple quit faster.

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 14:11   #9
izverg
Banned

i guess nobody will listen to us anyway because we are not representers for our alliances, so i guess no point discussing this at all because they just wont listen to the community anyway
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 14:36   #10
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

does asking for different mean shitter? I don't think in any of the douzens of suggestions were any of those pointed out... A bp of 2-3 is stupid.. We want to play this game with our mates not with randoms.. you should raise the bp if anything (private gals) Although these changes OR 8-10 man private gal would be ok :P mainly due to private gals easily winning heh
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 14:59   #11
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Well, something different atleast, as 1 per 24 hours ain't good. The rest of those proposed changes I can live with(in my opinion if the gal is 3 or 5 man BP doesn't change very much).
idd

Finally retired
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 16:03   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the exiling once every 24 hours is just retarded indeed. just don't do it
I like 2 BP's per gal of 2/3 people. This will yield
  • a struggle for power within a galaxy, which only makes people more involved in the meta game which can only be good
  • a lot of mixed galaxies where there will be a 'civil' war where people will dislike/like eachother a lot. Maybe some changing on who can see what fleets might be cool. (that you only see fleets of planets that put themselves or others on 'not trusted' if they are flying for 2 or more ticks and then see the original eta (or not))

Thinking of this maybe even 3 bp's of 3 and then 4 randoms without exiling. This will I think lift the level up from the bottom up, instead of making 'the best' better.

However one more suggestion, which could be made in a better way. But this is it: Do not, ever, let gm, have a say in anything. He simply does not understand or want to understand the gamemechanics and the meta game.

Last edited by Knight Theamion; 27 Dec 2009 at 16:25. Reason: formatting the list
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 16:10   #13
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I am not surprised to see alliance "leaders" in #alliances pointing out fortress gals as the big evil because they have blocked up against asc and/or apprime the last 5 rounds and failed horribly.
The problem is not fortress gals though, but the fact weak alliances go to war against superior alliances, and the result is always crashing, quitting and idle fleets for the weak part.
If anything will change the game drastically it is pointing out obvious retards with power to make decissions, and then either knock them out with a large shovel or tell them to atleast try build a solid alliance before going to war.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 16:11   #14
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
However one more suggestion, which could be made in a better way. But this is it: Do not, ever, let gm, have a say in anything. He simply does not understand or want to understand the gamemechanics and the meta game.
So what will it be with this one, large shovel?
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 18:25   #15
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

Seriously Hanzi, you just turned a benifitial discusion to trash to show your lame ego...

grow up :P

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 18:43   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In fairness these changes have been proposed (it's worth pointing out that these haven't been announced as the final set of changes and are only apparently the most favoured ones) because certain people have whined incessantly, particularly this round, to pateam about fortress gals. Nor is it a coincidence that these changes have been up on the alliance hcs private forum for a couple of weeks now. I mean the can only exile once every 24 hours clause is so blatantly aimed at combatting fortress gals it's untrue. The truly hilarious part is that a straight up way to get rid of them (go full random) is carefully moved around because those same people still want to be able to play with a few of their friends. Let's just hope we can actually have a real set of changes as opposed to a jury-rigged set of changes designed to accomodate a bunch of complete faggots.
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 20:13   #17
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's amusing that PA Team is more worried about stopping (so far) valid strategies instead of making the game attract more players.
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 20:37   #18
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Oh but by making the game shit for anyone with any ability, invested interest or activity; it discourages them from putting as much effort in. Hopefully, that'll level the playing field enough to warrant genuine competition. With genuine competition, the game will be more fun for absolutely everybody.

Honest.
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 20:56   #19
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I am a bit annoyed at the reduction of the BP size however it isnt the end of the world.

Following up on izverg's comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by izverg View Post
why not pateam ask community what do we want ? and not fallow some retards who is idling in #alliances and comming up with such ideas?
What would be folks thoughts if there was several options conducted by a poll on forums? or are these changes set in stone?

edit - grammar
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 21:14   #20
isildurx

Surely that would be better than having delusional people from #alliances decide things.
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 21:59   #21
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I prefer the idea of say 2 free exiles, then you start paying for them and 1 every 24 hours, maybe make the price more of a premium once you get in the 24 hour stage?

Other than that I really don't have a problem with it, smaller bp's will mean more gals & then more targets for everyone, works for me.
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 23:15   #22
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiriA View Post
Seriously Hanzi, you just turned a benifitial discusion to trash to show your lame ego...

grow up :P
I pointed out that most people in #alliances have been fighting against fortress gals the last 5 rounds with the same strategy every round, instead of actually doing something to improve their own alliance, or god forbid make a strategy and stick to it. They make a huge block and run around like headless chickens. Its not the fortress gals that defeat them every round, they manage that perfectly fine on their own by crashing and putting absolutely no effort into analyzing their opponent and develop some strategies.
Im pretty much just using different words here then JBG, but we make the same point: The jury behind these changes are the same people who gangs up every round, hence why any changes being voted over in #alliances are rigged to suit a few selfish individuals.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 01:19   #23
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

That what we get when PA team talks only with alliances HCs... changes looking more like masturbation than anything, solitary pleasures.
Where are the real changes for r35 ?
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 02:03   #24
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Why the **** is this being discussed with those brainless faggots in #alliances? What is the point in that dev forum and the group of people that you know actually have a clue?

I blame this directly on Cin. I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke, and yeh he does a lot of good work for the game, but he doesn't have a clue about game design, and time after time he panders to the vocal minority with the game design changes he implements. Not to take away from the good work he's done on drastically improving the side aspects of the game (bcalc, alliance tools etc), but I don't think he should be making these kind of decisions.

That all said, I await to see the justification PATeam make for these changes, as in, why are these changes good for the game? How will this increase the playerbase, add more strategy to the game, and ultimately make the game more fun? If they can't answer these questions, then it's clear they are yet again just removing what have proven to be successful and legitimate strategies, yet again without any reason. This lack of communication and string of awful decisions is pathetic.

Let me reiterate: it is not the changes themselves I have issue with (I do dislike them, but I'm biased and more importantly I'm not one of those people that are actually good with game design), what I dislike is the lack of communication on behalf of PATeam, the method of that limited communication and the willingness to react to that communication.

Last edited by ellonweb; 28 Dec 2009 at 04:51.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 07:36   #25
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Why not just have an option. When you sign up.
"I want to go totally random" and get thrown into a 12 man Random Gal no bp's nothing.
Or
"i want to play with friends" and play in a completly private gal of 8-10 people smaller gal size but with friends only.

Fortress Gals dont ruin the game. They are actually a huge Risk. You put all your eggs in that one basket. As long as no one attacks that/those gals your fine. But if that gal is under attack Every Night your ally will be out of defense or have to decide to give up on it.

This happened to Apprime Last round They had 4 Fort Gals and they were constantly getting raided. And no def was flying OOG.

So to make these lame attempts to remove them is stupid its a valid part of the game and should be there. Just because some allys cant attack into a fort gal big deal. Get a better alliance, get more active players. Get new friends and dont be afraid to attack them early if you let them grow they become unhittable.

2-3map bp's that sucks but We can live.
1 Exile/24H Bullshit and you all know it. What if you get stuck in some shithole galaxy. Your round is over because you wont be able to get out for a while everytime.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 11:02   #26
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

iīd like to see full private gals aswell for ONE round

like tiamat suggested they should be smaller then the full random gals

i dont see the evil of fortress gals, if your not stuck in one yourself and end up not getting your incs reported

its fun to roid fortress gals after all, and its much easier then roiding full fenced gals

the 24h exile thing is lame if you ask me and it will just force ppl to play in shit gals or harm the gal they land in for 24h (deliver galstatus and stuff)

me beeing in a gal i always have hoped for the lame apprimes and ascs to exile out again right away, thats better then keeping non motivated ppl, which will leave at tick 300 anyhow

so either keep it as it is, or even better go for full private gals

AMEN

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 13:01   #27
HeimdallR

Well tbh with these half assed changes in place i'd rather have a full random round myself.

Finally retired
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 13:21   #28
Pug

Pug can only hope to improve

Fort gals r a tactic and hold risk just like any other BP tactic, as Tiamat has said.

I think the exile idea is silly and I don't think lowering the BP limit will help anything.

I like the idea of removing late sign ups via gal codes however, not because of reducing the effect of Fort gals, as I'm not against them, but rather to stop people leaving galaxy's high and dry by resetting their planets in favour of a better galaxy - this is what paying to exile is for.

Excluding inactive gals sounds good if doable and as for alliance limits...I don't really have an opinion on that at the moment.
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 13:32   #29
snaga

snaga can only hope to improve

Devs should look at GOOD games like travian instead of trying a halfasses try like this. Pointless.

GO mainstream and learn from what is instead of inviting the wheel again. TRavian is like the best game out there.

Damn noobs
snaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 13:33   #30
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Revised Suggestion
- BP at 2-3 ppl, 1 BP per gal
- Randoms fill up the gals
(this is the same as now, just that the BP size is lower)
- Self exiling gets changed to 1 exile per every 24 ticks
- Exiling tries to exclude inactive gals, possibly limiting the chance of ending up in highly inactive gals (we need some kind of formula)
- Alliance limit at 50-60 with all counting (we need to decide the exact value)

thats what they are probably going with for next round, ok seriously. This wont help the game at all, it will only kill it more. Already many people telling they will skip the round with such changes, so why not pateam ask community what do we want ? and not fallow some retards who is idling in #alliances and comming up with such ideas?

My 1st and only comment on your abuse of privilege ...

1, to ALL reading it - its a set of suggestions, not all will be used and maybe some extra.
2, your abuse of your position as rep to your alliance by posting from a private forum to the public one is beyond bad behaviour, the pa team trust the reps to keep any pertinent information between the reps and themselves, your actions could irreparably damage the relationship between alliances and the team!

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 13:38   #31
izverg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post

1, to ALL reading it - its a set of suggestions, not all will be used and maybe some extra.
2, your abuse of your position as rep to your alliance by posting from a private forum to the public one is beyond bad behaviour, the pa team trust the reps to keep any pertinent information between the reps and themselves, your actions could irreparably damage the relationship between alliances and the team!

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
another stupid women , ok let me explain u WOMEN. such set of suggestions they have is all shit and it wont help the game at all. "your actions could irreparably damage the relationship between alliances and the team!" maybe first of all they shouldnt hide the suggestions they have and discuss it with community not with some retards idling in that channel

Last edited by izverg; 29 Dec 2009 at 02:34.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:01   #32
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Quote:
you are just another stupid women who cant understand what i meant.
I like your style!
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:05   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaga View Post
Devs should look at GOOD games like travian instead of trying a halfasses try like this. Pointless.

GO mainstream and learn from what is instead of inviting the wheel again. TRavian is like the best game out there.

Damn noobs
I am currently playing a Travian clone (Imperion) and while it's a fun game, it's not quite the type of game I'd like Planetarion to be. Imperion is very much a single player game; sure, you can join leagues and in theory you can defend each other, but the ETA of attacks is so low that usually you're on your own: I'm currently a top 200 player (in a 10000 player universe) in a top10 league and I haven't been defended by another player even once: not because they don't want to, but because they're either far away or tiny in comparison to the attackers.

PA is much more a game of cooperation and communication. Personally, I'd like it to stay that way. That of course does not mean that changes can't be thought of that that would both keep the cooperative character of PA intact and make the game more appealing to mainstream players, but calling out that PA should be "more like Travian!" is a fairly pointless (indeed, counterproductive) exercise.

Quote:
your actions could irreparably damage the relationship between alliances and the team!
That sounds like an excellent idea, if the best that the representatives can come up with is a set of changes designed to kill a strategy they've been too incompetent to adopt themselves.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:08   #34
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It is true though, with that statement she disqualifies herselves from any discussion. However I hope she proves me wrong by posting something sensible.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:15   #35
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

travian is a newbie bash game, thats all about it

i dont get why ppl keep playing it, probably the gfx

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:42   #36
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Damn noobs
Neither Travian nor Imperion are as great as you try to picture them. The key point in Travian is smally bashing, key points in Imperion are farming resources off asteroids somewhere in the universe and bashing smaller planets. Thereīs very little cooperation involved in the lower tiers. I said it before and say it again, I donīt get why people actually play it on low level. Morpheus mentioned the graphics, itīs probably the only point at all.
The games itself quickly turn horribly boring, at least to me theyīre WAY MORE boring than PA, mostly because the rounds are running for ages, and you need to invest vast amounts of money to really keep up with the top brass.
If YOU think Travian is such a great game, shut up, disappear from this forum and go play Travian. This is called "Planetarion Discussions", so while youīre welcome to post oppinion based on good arguments, stating "this is shit go copy xyz" isnīt worth the bandwith it takes to process the post.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:43   #37
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
your actions could irreparably damage the relationship between alliances and the team!
Quite a late entry for the dumbest comment of the year but a very serious contender
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:45   #38
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:

My three comments on your abuse of your brain:
1) izverg is a ****ing hero right now
2) What qualifies you to be involved in such decisions, and not me, or anyone of the other (mostly idiots like you) posters in this thread?
3) Your attitude with regard to the relationship between PATeam and the community of this game is horrible and completely outdated. Gone are the days of the players being thankful for all the hard work the team put into this game and their willingness to pay in order to play the game. Nowadays it should be all about PATeam reaching out to us for ways in order to save our game.

Quote:
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:20   #39
snaga

rUl3r how about you stop shutting doors down and look wider on the whole problems? Does telling other who just points in another direction of multiplayer games to shut up help at all?

Your f**cking post is even less usefull than mine.

Like the other said travian and clones like it has alot of players, and how can that be if itīs so crap compared to PA?

Isnīt PA also alot about noobbashing? I can almost garantuee 90% of all attacks made in planetarion HITS SOMEONE WHO CANNOT DEFEND ALONE AGAINST IT. Isnīt that about the same? If they dont run with fleets they loose it, and they will loose the roids.

Or we could even strech further, say 1 game that doesnīt involve some kind of rock ,paper, scissor mecanism that isnīt a fps or similar when all have the same equipment etc?

And WTF is up with the most nested people in the biggest and most settles alliances talking out about balances of the game, isnīt that a bit wierd when we are talking getting a better game and more players?

They are so far from noobs as they can come and wonīt even understand what a noobs thinks or acts like. Sure have your secret meeting cause you know there will still be 1000 players, 400 active and 200 actually going for it every rounds cause we are f**king PA addicts.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:26   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why so angry.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:29   #41
snaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Why so angry.
Didnīt get anything for christmas.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:30   #42
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
And WTF is up with the most nested people in the biggest and most settles alliances talking out about balances of the game, isnīt that a bit wierd when we are talking getting a better game and more players?

They are so far from noobs as they can come and wonīt even understand what a noobs thinks or acts like. Sure have your secret meeting cause you know there will still be 1000 players, 400 active and 200 actually going for it every rounds cause we are f**king PA addicts.
The "problem" with the "noobs" is that they most likely have not understood what PA is all about. Of course, PA team not knowing what PA should be all about does not help the issue at hand, but the main point mz and rul3r try to bring across is: Planetarion is not Travian or any other game, and it shouldn't be just another instance of that kind of game.

I do pretty much understand that these games like Travian attract a lot of players, but that does not mean that this should be just another instance of it. Instead it would be far more interesting to take a few things from those games that actually make sense and create your own game that way.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:43   #43
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
rUl3r how about you stop shutting doors down and look wider on the whole problems? Does telling other who just points in another direction of multiplayer games to shut up help at all.

Your f**cking post is even less usefull than mine.

Like the other said travian and clones like it has alot of players, and how can that be if itīs so crap compared to PA?
You are in no way getting the discussion anywhere with your previous post. You didnīt even try to explain in detail what exactly makes Travian and itīs clones good games. All you did say was "all youīre doing is shit, go copy someone else". I can hardly see a way how a post can be less useful then this bit of gibberish you wrote.
Hence the advice pointed towards you to actually post something containing arguments instead of using random words/phrases eventually making up a complete sentence.

Quote:
Isnīt PA also alot about noobbashing? I can almost garantuee 90% of all attacks made in planetarion HITS SOMEONE WHO CANNOT DEFEND ALONE AGAINST IT. Isnīt that about the same? If they dont run with fleets they loose it, and they will loose the roids.
Having played Travian with both small and big accounts, I can truthfully say there is no comparison between the levels of bashing in PA and Travian. While in PA you force someone to run, in Travian you AIM TO KILL the enemy troops (of random lowbie accounts, not war enemies) in order to farm their resources for days. Basically, you get rewarded for ruining as many peoples accounts as possible in Travian.

Quote:
Or we could even strech further, say 1 game that doesnīt involve some kind of rock ,paper, scissor mecanism that isnīt a fps or similar when all have the same equipment etc?
Using some kind of rock, paper, scissor mechanism would actually mean there is strategy or at least tactical thinking involved. Rest assured Travian is alot more about wiping out opposition using brute force.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:43   #44
izverg
Banned

some space graphics added would be nice :> in other games like travian etc, you see some graphics like ur village is beeing built all those constructions, cant we have in planetarion some kind of graphics added too? i know it would require alot of codding but maybe there is someone who is willing to do that
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:47   #45
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
some space graphics added would be nice :> in other games like travian etc, you see some graphics like ur village is beeing built all those constructions, cant we have in planetarion some kind of graphics added too? i know it would require alot of codding but maybe there is someone who is willing to do that
i am saying that for xxx rounds now

planet surface where you see your factories etc

galaxyscreen to click on certain planets. every race has a diffrent sort of planet

blue worlds = terran
white worlds = cathaar
brown = zik
green = xan
etd = think of a colour yourself

it doesnt add stuff to the game really, nor does it require much coding, but it would class the place up

Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:55   #46
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

i love the brown race, doesnt matter what type of ships it has, just make it brown.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 16:15   #47
ellonweb

Can we stop talking about Travian and get back to the issue at hand maybe? We all know the chances of PATeam making any such feature changes are close to nil, and not worth our breath / typing, but we do have a more current issue that we can affect.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 16:15   #48
snaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
You are in no way getting the discussion anywhere with your previous post. You didnīt even try to explain in detail what exactly makes Travian and itīs clones good games. All you did say was "all youīre doing is shit, go copy someone else". I can hardly see a way how a post can be less useful then this bit of gibberish you wrote.
Hence the advice pointed towards you to actually post something containing arguments instead of using random words/phrases eventually making up a complete sentence.

Having played Travian with both small and big accounts, I can truthfully say there is no comparison between the levels of bashing in PA and Travian. While in PA you force someone to run, in Travian you AIM TO KILL the enemy troops (of random lowbie accounts, not war enemies) in order to farm their resources for days. Basically, you get rewarded for ruining as many peoples accounts as possible in Travian.

Using some kind of rock, paper, scissor mechanism would actually mean there is strategy or at least tactical thinking involved. Rest assured Travian is alot more about wiping out opposition using brute force.

And once again you contribute nothing. Nice work rUler!

Ever asked yourself why I didnīt contribute with arguments? Perhaps I have no solid ones? But hey, look what popped up from me brining it up, graphics from others.

And how is fleetcatching, teaming up etc not the same as BRUTE FORCE KILLING SOMEONE that you actually gain from? I never ever state PA is similar to travian in any way, but the face I said is alot more people play travian and hence you could say itīs more successfull than planetarion.

Doesnīt every zik just love the sight of a noob or idle player to farm ships off? Oh wait, did we just see that happen for the last of the previous round? Yea we did.

You mean tactics like PA is that smart? I ctrl +c and ctrl +v in the bcalc twice, and voila I got my odds and ends. Or even easier, I mass ship XYZ for all my worth then I always beat target ABC less than my value if they dont get def.

Thatīs the smart rock ,paper scisor brain game your talking about? Yea I can see now why you fail.

Just go to some WOW or CS forum and troll instead of ruining this for everyone will you?
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 16:20   #49
Makhil

I suggest pink for the ETD...

Still the question remains: what are the real, serious changes (read "improvements")for R35 ?
Alliance stuff may be uber important for alliance HCs but I just couldn't care less if we will have a 59 or 62 member limit.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 01:12   #50
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

hut, such ignorance is the exact reason PA is turning to shit.

tag limit should be 61, and anyone suggesting crazy motherf*cking ideas like "59" or "62" should be shot.