User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 25 Jul 2013, 13:46   #1
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
My 2 cents about the future

Let me just say that I would very much like PA to survive, and since it has been made clear to me it will not find it's way back to my hands, I thought I just had to give me 2 cents about what I would have done, so that others (Lunar?) can consider the same things.

Point 1:
Make the game more mobile-friendly. There is no denying it, people are going more and more mobile. And with the game redesigned towards it, it will stand a greater chance in the market.
First of all, I'm talking about the interface.
Second of all, sell credits through SMS from inside each account, it takes a few minutes to set up.
Third, if you still use email for account-signups, ditch it, and sort authentication / verification through SMS, to make sure signups are easy to do from the phone as well.
And if Jagex and their "demands" are out of the picture, ditch all kinds of needless signup-fields.

The cost for these items is just development-time, and it should not be too much.
All the SMS-stuff can be set up for free.

Provided the game now has a pretty and functional mobile interface, it's time for
Point 2:
The game needs more players.
There are a few ways to do this:
- Go the facebook-route, integrate it with facebook (one-click-signup is a nice bonus) and I'm sure the loyal players will help you spread the jolly word. This should be done regardless of any other marketing-method.
- Purchase ad-views with mobile gaming-sites. This one costs money, and the limit is ofc up to your potential budget. If you need to raise some funds, you could ofc try crowdfunding, although I have recently learnt it's harder than one might think.
- A referral-competition with some prizes is also a good way to go, but you need to consider the costs here, versus the gain, and compare it with doing ads.
- Get active in the facebook-group for the game (I believe Lunar was recently made admin in there), and have other members start recruiting through that door.

Point 3
Further down the line, the combat-engine could do with a small layer of tactics. It doesn't have to be much more than some rock-paper-scissor-logic, a couple of different attack-types to get the ball rolling.

I could go on with some more things related to alliances and the combat-logic, but I think this would be enough to keep you busy for a while. Or at least, consider these things and then reject them. I do wish you the best of luck, of course, and I apologize if I have offended Lunar Lamp in particular with my bold move to try to buy the game again. I did not mean to step on anyones toes, but I see I just might have done so anyway.

I'll back off now