User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Nov 2002, 22:28   #51
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
It's not really 'avoiding', merely 'postponing'.

When he comes out of vac mode he'll still have no fleet and a silly number of roids. Of course, he could stay in vac mode for the rest of the round, but that would rather defeat the object of playing the game in the first place...
I dunno about his situation... I would use it when having a mad ratio and no time to bother with getting defended and stuff for more then 4 hours a day... like I would do when I was in his situation PA-wise and had a life to live...
But at least it's utter crap to come here and state that ppl who use vacation-mode shall be deleted and have no "honour". Whatever honour in PA may mean - THIS kind of honour is something I strictly avoid in order not to become such a lifeless moron...
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 23:28   #52
s3\/^

we are all ready to jump the cliffs !

Wait until we gather our ceptors and corsairs

the splats will be heard throughout the universe !
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:41   #53
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst

Avoid incomings = avoid stress, sleepless nights and many many hours of relaxing stuff = vacation

At least a stressles time, sleepful nights and relaxing is something I would have in vacation. Dunno about the usual PA'ler...
If someone would wish to avoid that - then they should:
a) not be playing PA
b) Not care enough to bother going into vacation mode in the first place

However, They have proved that neither of the above apply, so what I said remains valid.

Also, your personality is your personality, and that is reflected through things you do, even in PA. Think on it :-)

Last edited by Bashar; 20 Nov 2002 at 00:48.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:43   #54
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:

When he comes out of vac mode he'll still have no fleet and a silly number of roids. Of course, he could stay in vac mode for the rest of the round, but that would rather defeat the object of playing the game in the first place...
He????

read Leto's post again, he was suggesting it for the whole of hirr........ not very Atreides like now is it :-)
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:46   #55
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by [m00]MAX

well, when I go away, I usually place it in vacation....As I want to keep my score.
Which is why it is there, I cannot find any fault with people using it for that purpose. However, going into vacation mode purely to keep your score because you do not possess the competence to keep the score rather than because you will not be available to use the competence necessary....... that is the issue.

Speaking of it as competence may be a bit harsh, but that is technically what it comes down to.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:51   #56
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
edit: funny as that was.... unfunny :\ - Aryn

Makes you feel much better

Last edited by Aryn; 20 Nov 2002 at 20:36.
dabult is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 01:18   #57
black-eyed boy
ND

black-eyed boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar

He????

read Leto's post again, he was suggesting it for the whole of hirr........
No, YOU go and re-read it.

Spend a few hours learning to read (not playing PA) before you show off.. will ya?
black-eyed boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 08:20   #58
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough
Re: hum

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurgen
sending like only 80M worth fleet to attack first wave and second wave again 80M... really think u can get through on dragon planet?
Dear God allmighty, if I hadn't read this with my own eyes...! I don't think I've seen this combined since round 3: First you announce your universal whereabouts, then you ask for TEH RUN.

Say hi to the fork.

Xeno
...must...control....French...temper...
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 11:30   #59
Buly The Great

Buly The Great is an unknown quantity at this point
Jurgen just made a mistake. I wish I still played this game :/
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 11:52   #60
Dragoon

Re: Re: hum

Quote:
Originally posted by Xeno
Xeno
...must...control....French...temper...
French!?!

You ain't lived until you've had the thrill of the Russian rage, bustah! I can assure you of that..

"Now gu avêhy ur I shell tauhnt yew eh secund tiehm!"
\o/
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 15:30   #61
bobamatics

Quote:

He????

read Leto's post again, he was suggesting it for the whole of hirr........ not very Atreides like now is it :-)
Are...you...not from Lemmingville?

Where in Leto's post does he state all of hirr should go into vacmode because one of our members was mistreated by a creature of the Canis lupus species?

Now go stand in the corner!
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 17:27   #62
Bashar
Idle Git

I apologise, I did mis-read that bit myself, what I said still applies though, be it to one or many.

And I am hardly a lemming - lemmings follow others, the opinions I expressed were my own, and I don't think I saw anybody else with similar opinions before me, so quite how you can call me a lemming is beyond me :-/

I am certainly not lacking in independence.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 17:42   #63
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all
Bashar, are you reading the same forums as everyone else?
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 18:17   #64
Bashar
Idle Git

I read very little on the forums, and reply to even less - I usually look at the post titles, which eliminates half the posts from my list of posts to read, I then read the nicks of the people who started the threads, and that halves again what I bother to read, and I then read the first post which reduces those I selected by 3/4, which leaves 1/16 of the forum that I actually bother to read :-)

So, yes, I am reading the same forums, just that most of it I find to be pointless flaming/ego boosting.

The posts I made on this thread are because that is how I feel on the matter, I care not whether other people think my thoughts are crap if they can't come up with a decent reason why either. I also care not for any level of respect that could be gained from these forums, and I have no desires to be seen in any particular way through these forums. I speak my mind, and give my views, I don't post what I think somebody else would want me to post, or what I think would give me best status in the community, if other people think that is me being a lemming - then I can only laugh at the lack of depth within their mind, and satisfy myself with the knoledge that I have proved my capabilities within the game to my alliance and to my friends.

If other people are posting along the same lines as me, then maybe people should realise that just MAYBE there is substance to what is said. Disimissing somebody as a lemming/troll when it is something you don't want to think (or when you can come up with no decent argument on the matter) is easy enough to do, and just shows that you are one of the annoying people on the forum who makes it the heap of crap it is by caring more for your own egos than for a decent discussion.

Anyway, I am gonna stop this post now, and await the accusations of trolling, and beinig a lemming so I can laugh further at the narrow mindedness which much lead to such a hypocritical way of thinking.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 18:35   #65
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

While this is true, the tactic of going into vacation mode would not be entirely fruitless. Since no one knows precisely when he'll come out of vacation mode, he has time to move out of the limelight this way, and to let this thread drop below everyone's radar.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 19:25   #66
Demented Turnip
Lord of the Roots

Demented Turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I read very little on the forums, and reply to even less - I usually look at the post titles, which eliminates half the posts from my list of posts to read, I then read the nicks of the people who started the threads, and that halves again what I bother to read, and I then read the first post which reduces those I selected by 3/4, which leaves 1/16 of the forum that I actually bother to read :-)
You need higher standards.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 19:28   #67
Demented Turnip
Lord of the Roots

Demented Turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator
While this is true, the tactic of going into vacation mode would not be entirely fruitless. Since no one knows precisely when he'll come out of vacation mode, he has time to move out of the limelight this way, and to let this thread drop below everyone's radar.
In the era of the overburn attack and random galaxies, a planet with lots of roids and a low score will probably be scanned at least once per tick, if not more. If he went on vacation he'd probably get hostiles very soon after he came out of it.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 20:25   #68
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: hum

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragoon
French!?!

You ain't lived until you've had the thrill of the Russian rage, bustah! I can assure you of that..

Russian rage ... eh what U know about russian rage tell me ??
have U lived ~50 years under russian control, have U ever fighted against them. Have U ever had a real fight with 8 russians at the same time ??

well, i have, and i beated 3 of those 8 russians
OlaTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 21:11   #69
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Demented Turnip

In the era of the overburn attack and random galaxies, a planet with lots of roids and a low score will probably be scanned at least once per tick, if not more. If he went on vacation he'd probably get hostiles very soon after he came out of it.
So you think all those people who were attacking him were just random. They were just people who happened to stumble across him? I'm not saying he won't get attacked. I'm just saying he won't be getting hit as part of a publicity stunt. That will mean less total incoming, and more manageable attackers.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 23:56   #70
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Duke Leto

...at that point, we should have ordered our member into vacation mode, but we goofed on the tactics underestimating the combined greed...
my opinion (separate thread as its not really germane to AD.

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 01:30   #71
Dragoon

Re: Re: Re: Re: hum

Quote:
Originally posted by OlaTa

have U lived ~50 years under russian control, have U ever fighted against them. Have U ever had a real fight with 8 russians at the same time ??

I'd dare say some of my HS friends knew more about it than I did..
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 16:23   #72
Prometheus
Satans little helpers..

Prometheus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

so.. the other five russians kicked the hell out of u afterwards?

r3 - 36:8:8 Millenium of Queens
r4 - 11:8:3 Millenium of Queens (Dominion, Legion)
r5 - 16:23:8 Prometheus of Black and White (Legion)
r6 - 16:17:16 Yakutza of The Secret Shadow (Titans)
Have "played" RL since..
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:03   #73
Chrono

Heh, this sure was a great opportunity to raid other hirr gals from the looks of it, oth/pledge all bollox,

*an ex Scandinavian Legionairre*
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:57   #74
Buly The Great

Buly The Great is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

ohh....OlaTa, you're so manly
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 23:12   #75
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hum

Quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus

so.. the other five russians kicked the hell out of u afterwards?

erm ...yup, i had a beauty sleep next 3 days

Quote:
Originally posted by Buly The Great

ohh....OlaTa, you're so manly
U aer so gh3y
OlaTa is offline   Reply With Quote